The Final Kiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saratn
Chapter One

Have you ever had the feeling that you don't fit in? Like your an outcast from the rest of society? That your different and no one can accept you for who your really are. If people knew about your true self, they would shun you from from everyday life. Like you felt all alone in the world, and all you really wanted was a friend to be by your side, to help you during your difficult times. That was what it was like for fifteen year old Marie.

She was never part of the "in" crowd at school, she had no friends, and she hardly never spoke to anyone. She sat alone at lunch, and sat in the back of the room in her classes, always keeping to herself. No one bothered her, and she didn't bother them. Her parents didn't care about her social life, or how she did in school. They really didn't care about her at all.

Her grades were average, well that's what she thought anyway. Her parents didn't congratulate her on her good works, or her hard attempts to pass. After school she always went to her room, locking herself in, writing hours on end. She wrote about her feelings, and about how she hated her life, and wanted just only a friend. But she had none, and no one wanted to befriend her either.

She had never had a friend before in her whole life, and her teachers worry about her. They had told her guidance counselor about what they thought of Marie, and the guidance counselor had tried to get through to her, but Marie remained quiet. She didn't want anyone to bother her, she had just wanted to be alone. Her parents had received a letter saying that the school thought that she showed suicidal signs, and that she was overly depressed.

Marie was indeed depressed, and she hated her life, but she never wanted to commit suicide. Even if she had tried, she didn't think that she would be able to go through with it. She was afraid of death, over anything, and the only way she would sleep at night was if her door was locked, and barred it with her chair. Her room was the only room without any windows in it. She slept near the phone, in case she had any need to use it.

Marie woke up to the sound of thunder, and the pitter patter of rain falling down. The real reason she had woken up was because of a nightmare she had had. She couldn't remember it clearly, and so she didn't ponder it any more. She looked over to her clock noticing it was four o'clock. She put her head back against her soft white pillows, and thought of the day to come. She had to get up in two hours anyways, so why bother go back to sleep?

She got up from her bed, going into the bathroom, that was next to her room. She turned on the warm water to the shower, and started to undress herself. Why was her life the way it was now? She had never asked for much at all, some friends, and a family that cared. But that was obviously too much to ask from her. She climbed in the shower as soon as it was warm for her.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Down stairs, Marie's father sat, reading his morning paper, and having his French Vanilla, cream two sugars from Dunkin' Donuts. He had heard his daughter coming out of her room, and going into the bathroom. Each day he had always prayed that his daughter's life would get better for her. He wasn't much of a father to her, and he knew that, and had regretted it every minute, but he wasn't home a lot to spend time with her.

He was an important person in the eyes of the state of Illinois. He was the Assistant District Attorney, and he spent most of his time in the office. His wife, April, she wasn't that much help to Marie, she never did anything for her, she only thought of herself. It disgusted him greatly, and he was fed up with April doing nothing for her.

The kitchen door opened slowly, as his wife, April came in. She always worried about how she looked, and cared rarely about others. The reason why he had married her was the thing that had always puzzled him. They always had rows with each other, and it ended each time with Marie slamming the front door, leaving the house.

"Jack, shouldn't you be at work by now?" April asked her sternly. "We need the money for the bills and things for me."

"We need the money?" he asked her. "We? You never do anything to help the family. You always care about yourself. Have you at least once thought of Marie, and her needs?"

"Jack, your hardly ever home to care about her. Your almost always at the office." she said, getting agitated.

"At least I care about Marie." Jack said to her. "I have always thought of her. That is why I am still married to you. Because I don't want Marie to go through all of the counciling, and to have to go from one house to the other."

"So, that's how you really feel Jack? You are only married to me, because you care about that child of ours."

Jack was angered by how April was taking this. He stood up, finishing his coffee, putting the cup in the sink, and started to up stairs. He was going to talk to Marie, something he hadn't done in years, and he felt real guilty about it too. Half way up the stairs, he paused and said:

"I want you out of this house, with all of your things, before I return from my office tonight."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Marie was out of the shower, when she heard her parents fighting. She had gotten dressed, and had brushed her hair. She was getting her school things ready, so she could be out of the door on time. She reached under her bed, and grabbed a pair of old worn out shoes. She had heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." was all she said. She knew that it would be her father, instead of her mother. His father had used to always come up to talk to her, but for some reason it started to change over the years.

"I thought I would come and check up on you." he said.

"Well that's a first." Marie retorted. She really wasn't in a mood to talk to anyone, especially her family.

"Your mother and me, well, we're getting a divorce." he said, trying to say it slow, and calm all at the same time.

"'Bout time." was all she could say. And it was true. Marie was expecting a divorce as soon as she found out what a divorce was. At first she was like anyone who thought that their parents were getting a divorce. She had thought that it would be because of her, and that she was at fault, but after listening to their fights for years, she had been prepared for that day to come.

"Well, the real reason I had decided to stay with your mother is because of you." he said, ignoring her last comment.

"Oh, so is this the only thing you do for me is to stay with mom?" she asked, hurt a little, because out of complete honesty, she hated her mother a lot more than she did of her father.

"Yes, because I didn't want you to go through all of that counciling, and to think that the divorce was your fault."

"So for once you actually care about me?" she asked, amazed at how little her father had changed since the last time they had talked to one another. Always did think of her, but for the wrong reason.

"Marie, I have always thought of you. How can you not think that?" he asked perplexed. He knew that this would happen, but he was honestly hoping that he would have to explain everything.

"You really show that you care, don't you?" Marie said coldly. "That I have no friends at all, and that my life is a living hell."

"Maire, I have noticed, but I can't do much to help you. It is up to you to make friends, I cannot help you make friends. I have to get to work, or Arthur would have my head." he said to her. He went over to her bed, and kissed her on the forehead. "I love you Marie. I'm proud of you." he said. He left Marie to sit alone.

Proud of what was the question. What had she done to make her father so proud? She was a complete failure in life, and she didn't do any after school activities. How could one be proud if one did not do anything? She thought about this for a little while, and then she went down stairs, to where her mother and father were fighting before.

danagrint
go onbig grin

Cringe
Just a suggestion but you might want to try and write shorter chapters next time.Reading all that escpecially on a computer screen is quite agonizing.

Saratn
they are still going to be long chapter, but i could post smaller portions at a time.

danagrint
love it!

~*LoverGirl21*~
OMG it is so nice I really like it saratn keep going! smile

danagrint
when is the next part coming?

Saratn
soon, got to write it. i've been busy with my many other stories

danagrint
I can tell *looks down at that siggy thing*

Saratn
lol. i am also reading many books too. you can never rely on me to finish anything...lol

danagrint
lol

Trickster
Originally posted by Saratn
they are still going to be long chapter, but i could post smaller portions at a time.

Don't - the chapter sizes are fine! You've got the makings of a great story there.

Saratn
thanks!!!!!!!!!!! still trying to get the thing to work.

Hermione202
When are you posting more?

`~lion_heart1~`
As someone else suggested, you might want to post the chapters in shorter amounts.This stary is really good though. I'm interested in seeing how this will continue!

Saratn
i don't post short chapters. i post them long.

danagrint
when are you putting more?

Saratn
as soon as my computer allows me to find my story

danagrint
ok!

~*Lover_girl1*~
Originally posted by Saratn
as soon as my computer allows me to find my story

You tied me up there.

Foreskin
Very cute

Saratn
sorry, i wasn't aiming for "cute"

Shadow x 20
So when are you going to complete this story Saratn?

Saratn
so sorry.....i forgot about it. if you seen all of the other stories i have, you'd know what i mean.

lordzeb
at long last......here is another rougly 15000 characters for your enjoyment.

lordzeb
Marie went to the cupboard, ignoring her mother, who was sitting down at the dining room table. She had reached up to get a bowl, and then sat it on the table. She then went to the pantry and took out the cereal. She poured herself a bowlful, and then went for the milk. After she had put the milk and cereal back, she had started to eat, still ignoring her mother.

Her mother sat there, wondering how her daughter could sit there after being told that they were getting divorced. How could that be that she could be so calm, and not care that her mother was being kicked out of her own house. She got up from the table and left Marie to sit there by herself.

Marie watched as her mother got up from the kitchen table. She could care less about her right now, she did nothing to help her, at least her father tried to something for her, but he usually never followed through with something because he has to go to the office, and then when he gets home, he gets another call from his boss, Arthur, telling him that he needs to stay later.

When she was done, she got up, and put her bowl in the sink. She ran back up stairs to her room, and pulled out her notebook. She began to write again, something she did daily. She still had a good hour left until she had to walk to school. She was writing random things that came into her head, and most of it was just plain old nonsense.

As the hour came, she had put her notebook in her pack, and climbed down the stairs for the second time that morning. She opened the door, and stepped out side, where the weather was windy, getting her auburn hair into her face. She stopped, and tied her hair back, so she wouldn't have to stop every five minutes. She had always took the longest way to school, avoiding everyone who walked to school too. She didn't want people around her, that didn't want to speak to her.

But this morning was different from all of her other mornings. She was not alone walking down the damp cold street, of Oak-nut and Hawthorn. Someone about her age was walking down the street, by herself. The teenage girl looked towards her, giving her nervous glances. She kept on walking, trying to ignore Marie.

It was typical for her to be ignored by everyone, as it had happened everyday of her life. She had nothing wrong to them, but she was curious about this person. The teenager kept on looking at Marie, each time, she had slowed down. She did this about five times, before she stopped completely. She didn't start walking again, until Marie was next to her.

They walked together in silence together for a few short minutes, until she stopped suddenly in front of her. This surprised Marie a lot. She almost ran into this complete stranger, and not only that, she wasn't pretending like she wasn't there. She actually looked...friendly, and looked like one who accepted people for who they were.

"So," said the girl all of a sudden. "I've seen you around."

"So?" was all Marie could say. This was the first person who actually spoke to her outside of her family.

"So, I know that you don't have any friends, and that I would want to be yours." she said to her in a friendly matter.

"I don't need any." she said flatly to her. She wasn't going to trust her so easily. So many people have used her, and she didn't want this to be any different.

"I see you in class, sitting in the back, keeping to yourself. I've been dying to get to know you, but you always left before I got the chance to talk to you. So I thought that I would ask around and see where you lived and all, and so, I got told that you took the long way to school, so I thought that I should talk to you here."

"Your wasting your breath." Marie said angrily. She didn't want anyone to be near her at all. This could be just some joke for all Marie knew.

The girl kept on following her as they headed towards the school. Marie kept silent, ignoring everything she had said to her. Marie didn't even know her name, and yet, this girl was ranting on like they were best friends or something. All Marie knew was that it was getting on her nerves, having this stranger follow her from her home, to the school.

Looking at her watch, Marie realized that she was running late. The bell was going to ring in three minutes, and if she missed the late bell, that meant a Saturday Morning Detention for her, since it would be her third day that quarter for being late. It wasn't even her fault each time she was late. It was always someone or something that slowed her down.

"Oh, by the way, I don't think I told you my name yet." said the girl, not noticing that Marie was completely ignoring her. "My name is Alexandra, but you could call me either Alex, or Lexi, whatever you prefer."

"That's nice." muttered Marie, not really caring.

The wind was blowing, which made Marie take out her sweatshirt, and threw it on. Marie had to stop to do that, which took her a few minutes to do. The more time that was wasted, the more she was going to be late, but she wouldn't get in trouble this time. She had this Lexi person here, who would admit to holding Marie up. How she knew she wasn't sure, but she had a feeling that this girl was someone who wanted to be honest, and to try to do the right thing.

After a few minutes of trying to tolerate listening to Lexi speak, and trying to fight against the wind, the school soon came into view. In a few minutes, the late bell was going to ring, and that meant a SMD, unless Lexi stood up for her, and now she began to have her doubts about this girl.

"...is the best show in the world." Lexi said, talking about something random, just like every time she had opened her mouth to say something.

"I'm sure it is." Marie said dully, not really caring what she had to say about her favorite show. She wasn't interested in anything about her at all.

"It seriously is. I own the first season, and maybe you could come over sometime and watch it with me."

That was the trigger right there. Being invited to someone's house. Each time that happened to her, it was always a prank of some sort. Marie fought to keep herself under control, as she entered the campus. No, she wasn't going to snap at Lexi, no she wasn't going to lose control, but in reality she did.

"Look," Marie started, forcing her voice to remain calm. "I don't know who you are, or why all of a sudden you want to be friends with me, but you it has to end here, and now. I am a loner, as people call it, and I don't need friends.

"It's really nice that you want to be friends with me yes, and I thank you as well, but friends aren't really my thing. I'm a writer who just needs to be alone. I'm sure your a great person, and that you have plenty of other of friends to be with."

When she finished speaking, Marie went up the stairs into the building, just wanting to get her punishment for being late for a third time that quarter. Though she talked to Lexi about not wanting to be friends, she apparently didn't, either understand what she was saying, or ignored what she had said.

In the main office, she waited to speak with the vice-principal, to have the lecture of being at school on time, and how important her academic classes are. It irritated her how the vice-principal put on a fake smile to show that she's a nice person, but that face didn't fool her at all. No one was nice to Marie, and no she didn't complain about it, nor did she want sympathy from anyone, it was just the truth. If she could, she wouldn't want everyone to hate her. she would just want to be liked by people for a change.

That got her thinking about Lexi. Maybe she was truly offering to be her friend, an Marie was just taking it for granite. Maybe Marie should ask to sit with her at lunch today, and then they could walk home together, taking the long way home, and maybe this time she would pay attention to what she had to say.

Upon her entry to the vice-principals office, Lexi came rushing into the office. The vice-principal, as well as Marie were appalled by the sudden entrance. Marie smiled at her, while the vice-principal gave her a scornful look. She began tapping her pen impatiently.

"Alexandra Hayden," said the vice-principal with a bit of irritation. "you were late as well, if I remember correctly."

"Yes ma'am, I was." muttered Lexi to the vice-principal.

It was enforced at this school that they were to call the teachers' sir or ma'am instead of using their surname all the time. It got quite annoying at times, especially when the teachers had such odd last names that people would start to make fun of.

"And why was that?" asked the vice.

"I held Marie up this morning." Lexi said, somewhat telling the truth to her.

Marie gave her a curious look, wondering why she was troubling herself with something that she didn't have anything to do with, or that's what she thought anyway. Marie was late, and she planned on taking the consequences.

Lexi gave her a small smile, and sat down in a chair next to Marie. Looking at the vice-principal, she began to speak again. "I was bugging her incisively, and she told me to stop, but I ignored her. I kept on talking, and I stood in front of her, stopping her from going anywhere. She got irritated, so she was forced to take the long way to school."

The vice looked from Lexi to Marie to Lexi again, thinking if what she had told her was true or not. Tapping her pen even more, she finally decided, and said with a reluctant sight.

"You got lucky this time Marie, but next time if you are late, I will give you a Saturday Morning Detention if it was your fault or not. As for you Alexandra, I'm shocked, and disappointed in your for being the cause of a student's tardiness as well as your own. Now the two of you get to class."

"May we have a pass to class?" asked Lexi to the vice.

lordzeb
After another scornful look, they both left the office laughing together, like they were the best of friends. Maybe these two were the best of friends, after what had happened in the vice's office. They both headed off to class, with passes in hand, so they wouldn't get into more trouble, though Marie didn't seem to mind, since she had gotten what she had wanted her whole life...a friend.

Friends indeed, these two became almost inseperatable during the past few weeks at Morrison High. They did everything together, and some of the kids wondered to themselves, and whispered to whoever would listen, about why Lexi Hayden hung out with one of the "untouchables" of the school. But after a few more days of that soon got old to everyone, and they continued with everyday life.

Marie no longer saw her mother, since her parents got a divorce, and it didn't bother her any at all. She was perfectly happy the way she was, and her father, Jack came home more and more to be with her, to spend quality time with each other, which pleased Marie greatly. Her life was slowly getting better, until the worse thing happened to her.

"Moving?" she had asked angrily. "Why are we moving?"

Jack sighed heavily, knowing how hard it was for Marie to accept the fact that they were moving from the small town they lived in. Honestly not wanting to tell Marie, he tried to make his boss change his mind, but his orders were made crystal clear. He was to move from the state of Illinois, and to move to San Fransico, California, because just recently some thug threatened Jack's life in open court, and he had pulled out a gun, which slipped past sercuity. If it wasn't for the balif, reacting on time, Jack could have been killed with countless other people, but Jack didn't tell her daughter that.

"I cannot simply leave Lexi behind!" she said, fighting hard to keep her tears from coming. "She's my first real friend, and I can't just simply leave!"

"Marie, I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

Marie thought she knew everything their was to know about her father, but apparently she was wrong. Her father was making her move, as soon as she had found someone who liked her for who she was. It was a pleasant feeling, and now she had to lose that, all because he had to listen to his boss, Arthur.

Knowing that it wasn't entirely her father's help still didn't change the fact that he was doing what his boss told him to do. Either way he wouldn't be working for him, so she didn't understand why her father listened to him in the first place. Arthur wasn't going to be his boss anymore, so what difference did it make? None. The answer was none.

"Marie, i know how you and Lexi are friends, and I hate to make you move at a time like this, when you have made your first friend, but my hands are tied on this, if I could, I honestly wouldn't make you move, but what Arthur says is what Arthur says."

"Then let me stay here with Lexi! I'm sure her parents wouldnt' mind me staying with them for a while."

"I'm sorry Lexi but the answer is still no. I don't want to be away from my only child." he said, explaining to her.

Feeling tears foarming, she wiped her eyes, not wanting to cry. Crying made her feel even worse than what she already was. It pained her, when she had to go tell Lexi that she was moving from Illinois to California. Things wouldn't be the same without her, no, they would not at all. Marie was beginning to adapt to everything, and now once she became confortable, her father wants to move. Move!

Turning away from her father, Marie stormed off, heading upstairs, going to her room. Anger was flowing through her, as well as sadness, and remorse. As soon as she entered her room, she began throwing things everywhere, wanting to let go of all the anger she had boiling up in her. She didn't care what she threw. Notebook laid all over the floor, the lamp that once sat on her desk was now on the floor. Her blankets were no longer on her bed, as well as her books, and some valuables that she kept on a shelf. The chair that usually kept people from coming into her room, was now upside down.

Marie walked over towards the chair, lifting the chair up, getting ready to throw it out the window. It didn't matter to her, it wasn't their house anymore, thus it wasn't her problem, nor her dad's. Grabbing the chair, she picked it up, preparing to throw it out of the window, when her father walked into the room, which made her drop the chair instantly, and then she turned around, not only seeing a shocked look on her father's face, but also anger, something she hadn't seen for years, which made her extremley frightened by her father's intimidating look, making her want to run away, or to start crying right in front of him.

Hermione202
Thats really Alot! e'll be waiting for more Saratn! Or shall I say, Lordzeb

lordzeb
"Marie, what the hell were you thinking?" asked her father loudly, as he walked over to her.

Marie couldn't help it at all. She burst out crying, letting all the tears flow down her cheeks. Running over to her father, she braced him in a hug, which surprised him greatly. Placing his arms around her, he hugged her back, and kissed her gently on her forehead. His anger began to ebb away, as he looked at his daughter. He wasn't as angry as he had thought in the first place, but he was more or less scared that something might happen to her.

The next day was pretty much uneventful. It was Marie's last day in Libston High. It wasn't easy for her to go through her last day at school. Most of the teachers were sad that she had to go, and they all wished her the best of luck in her old school. Many of them gave her ways of contact, so they could always be in touch. In one class, Ms. Nagi's English class, she had made a going away party, which surprised her greatly. It turned out that not all of the kids in her class were as bad as she thought. They were in fact really nice to her, and they had admitted that they regretted not taking the chance to get to know her as they should have in the first place.

Marie had a hard time looking for Lexi, who didn't show up to school at all that day. It made her really worried, since it was indeed her last day at school. She began to ask everyone if they had saw her, and each time she received the same answer. Where could she be? Then she realized the only other place she could be. The soccer field.

Each time something bothered Lexi, Marie soon learned, she would go to the soccer field, and walk around, even if it was raining outside, which it was doing now. Marie felt stupid for not thinking of looking there first to begin with. She raced outside, not caring if she had her sweatshirt on or not. She had to find Lexi, she didn't want to leave without saying good bye.

Too late. Her father was outside in his car, waiting for Marie, which made her want to throw up. This was the moment where she had to leave Illinois, leaving Lexi behind. Tears formed in her eyes, because she couldn't find Lexi. She wanted to say one final good bye to her best friend. It felt wrong and unfair that she had to leave without a good bye.

"Ready kiddo?" asked Jack, opening the passenger door for her.

lordzeb
Kiddo. That was something her father called her when she was a little girl. It had been a few years since she heard that name. Marie couldn't help but smile at her father, as she tried to hide her tear stained face. Now was not the time to break down, now was the time for her to be strong for her father. This wasn't about her, something that she was now realizing. The reason they were moving was because it was her father's life that was at stake, and Marie was being selfish, and ignorant.

"Yeah." whispered Marie to her father.

Getting into the car, she sat down, and closed the door gently. When she was putting on her seat belt, she saw in the rear view mirror something that made her smile. Behind them, standing in the distance, was undoubtably Lexi. Marie told her father that she would be back in just a few minutes, and went racing out of the car, running towards Lexi.

She squealed with delight, as Lexi stood there, watching her. Lexi was in a strange outfit, but of course, Marie had gotten use to it. Being unique was something Lexi enjoyed the most about herself. Never did she dress up in the same clothing other people did. Plus it didn't even matter what clothing she wore, for she simply didn't care at all. Today's outfit was sort of mismatched. A black long sleeve shirt covered her arms, and a pink tank top was worn over the long sleeve. Her hair had hot pink high lights at the tips, and one side of her hair was in a single braid that hung freely. The other side was let down, which gave Lexi a phenomenal look. It was quite amusing to see her like that.

As soon as Marie came over to where Lexi was, she soon realized that she was lost for words. What was she going to say to her? She had never had to say good by to someone before, and it pained her so. So many things were left undone. So many things she had wanted to do with Lexi, but she never gotten that chance. The only thing she could think of doing was hugging her, tightly, and not wanting to let go. She could feel the tears coming, and this time, she did not fight them back. She had allowed them to flow freely.

"Operor non fatigo meus amicus." whispered Lexi to Marie. "Ego ero hic vobis usquequaque Caltha"

"What does that mean?" asked a perplexed Marie.

"No time to explain." Lexi said holding back her tears. "Go now, and don't look back. You'll make it harder for yourself."

lordzeb
"Right." said Marie softly.

Doing as she said, she started to walk away, trying as hard as she could by not looking back. Marie didn't want to have to see her best friend cry, something she hadn't done before. Lexi was always the cheerful one, and she knew that Lexi wouldn't be cheerful after today. Losing a best friend is hard and difficult, Marie knew, and it is best if things were left the way they were right now.

Opening the car door and getting in for the second time, she sat down once more, putting on her seat-belt. Looking over to her father, Marie tried to smile at him, showing that she could handle it. She didn't want to show that she was weak. Marie had to be strong for not only her father, but for herself. It was tempting to look out the rear view mirror to see what Lexi was doing, but she resisted. How she did, Marie couldn't figure out. It felt like she was going to break down at any given moment, but she fought hard not to.

"Things will work out Marie." her father said quietly. "I'm sure that this isn't the last time you two will see each other."

Marie nodded her head, to show that she was agreeing with father. Though their is a chance that they will see each other in the future, that doesn't stop her from wanting to cry. What about now? Marie needed her now, more than anything. Her mother had left, and her father was too busy at work still, even though he has changed drastically over the past few months. What she needed was Lexi, but she knew that this had to be done, even though it killed her.

"Let's just go." said Marie, trying to calm her voice.

Jack shifted gears, putting the car into reverse, and started to back his car out. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see Lexi, waving good bye to her. Marie turned her head around, and smiled at her. She too began to wave good bye, which meant more tears flowing down her cheek. Her father stopped the car for a few more seconds, before shifting gears to drive. Then he pulled out of the school parking lot, and that was the end of that.

No more spending the evenings together, shopping at the mall, no working on school work late at night, no talking about hot guys that were at that the school. Marie's life was over. It seemed like she was stabbed in the chest, and some miraculous way, she was revived, and given a new chance at life. This is her chance to start her life over, to make things turn out the way she wanted it to be. Maybe it wasn't too bad. Though losing her best friend was rough, that doesn't mean she couldn't enjoy life. Maybe things would get better. It's not like, as her father said, that they wouldn't see each other again. Plus they could talk on the phone, write letters, and all that stuff. Maybe this life, her new one, would be better than her first one. She has just got to put the effort into it, and make the best out of life.

~end of chapter one~

~*LoverGirl21*~
that was awesome
keep going !!!!!!!!

boycrazeh
very good! write more!!!

Lord_Saratn
thanks! i will, don't worry!

boycrazeh
It is kinda fast paced though, in the first chapter, she moves, parent's divorce, complain that she has no friends and gets a better relationship with her dad, but I still love this story!

Hermione202
Thats true...I never did notice how face paced the story was. But it still is quite interesting. Post more soon! big grin

Lord_Saratn
it's fast pace for a specific reason.

boycrazeh
okie dokie, when are you writing more?

NBT x 20
It's so sad!!!! How could they do her that way not careing!!!! BUt she got a friend i like it post more!!

Lord_Saratn
still planning a great opening to chapter 2

Lord_Saratn
Great news. I submitted the first chapter of Final Kiss to a magazine, and i'm supposed to get an email today telling me if it is in the very first issue. I'm so excited big grin

The Black Ghost
Well thats exiting! Which magazine?

Lord_Saratn
it's new, and i believe it is called Surround, or Surrounded, something like that. i haven't got word yet though

Lord_Saratn
Here is a small sneak peak of chapter two. enjoy big grin

Lord_Saratn
Chapter Two

Moving from her home town apparently wasn't that bad at all for her, or her father. Things started to go back to normal as soon as they had settled. The house that they lived in was small and cozy, and Marie was in love with her new room. She had a terrific view of the beach, which wasn't too far from her house. She loved it especially when the sun sank slowly, and the sky turned a pretty colour of pink. It was a magnificent sight indeed. Every night, right before she went to bed, she would sit alone in her room, watching the sun set, and thinking, thinking of how good her life was going from that point on. Things weren't so bad after all. She just had to give it a chance.

It had been a week since they moved, since she saw her best friend, Lexi last. It was hard to cope with that one thing, but she kept on living, kept on hoping that one day, they would see each other again. The funny thing was, ever since she got to her new house, she had received three letters from Lexi, bugging her how life was and all that. Things had certainly changed in a week, because Lexi now had a boyfriend, which excited the both of them greatly. Lexi had always tried to get Maire a boyfriend, never worrying about her own needs, but this one time, Lexi had gotten something she greatly deserved. Now, she had someone else in her life that cared about her. The one thing though, Marie hoped, was that Lexi would never forget about her, now that she had this Corey person to love.

Jack, her father was back at work again, becoming on top once more. Arthur, his boss had mailed him his final pay check from him, and it was truly a big shock. It was a huge amount of money, and what her father did with it was a secret, but honestly, Marie knew what it was. It was going toward college, and her chance to reach her dreams in life.

It was their eighth day since they moved into the house. Saturday was a dismal, and dreary day. Marie wasn't able to go to the beach, nor was she able to get out of the house for that matter. A storm was brewing, and her father hadn't come home yet. Normally she wouldn't worry about her father coming in late, but today was an exception. It turned out that they had arrived on one of the biggest storms that the town had ever seen. No, the state had ever seen. Everyone was preparing, everyone except them.

Alone in her bedroom, Marie wrote like she always did. Pondering about things that she had tried to forget. Writing about her deepest secrets, never to escape her gentle soft lips of hers, the same lips that never shared a kiss with anyone in her life, never shared with the special person that she always dreamt of, but never actually existed. This was her time, the one time that she could be alone, to do what she wanted. This was her escape from the world, entering her own little world. Despite the storm coming, it felt like, to her, that it was a beautiful day. Everything was peaceful. It was the calm before the storm, and truthfully, Marie wasn't scared at all. To her it was all talk, nothing more than that.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at her door. The same thoughts went through her head, as someone knocked on their door. Who could it be this time? What could they possibly want? And her favorite, why couldn't they leave them the hell alone? Sighing with frustration, she got off her bed, which had black roses on the blankets, and raced down stairs, wanting to scream at whoever it could be. The one person she wanted to scream at the most right now was Jake Johanson, their next door neighbor, who always came over to make small talk. It irritated her all the time. Sure he was cute, but that doesn't mean she had to talk to him all the time does it? Opening the door, she was about to scream at, who she had expected, Jake, when she had saw a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Oh how she hated herself at that moment. All she was in was her sweat pants, and a night shirt. She wasn't dressed for having company. And what more, she could feel her face go crimson red.

Lord_Saratn
"May I come in?" asked the smooth calm voice of Jake's. She could tell that he was nervous, which made her feel a bit better.

"Of course not." she said with a small smile. "Come right in. Make yourself at home."

"Sudden mood change toward me?" asked Jake, taking notice in her new behavior toward him.

Marie did the one thing she never done in her life. She had giggled. Giggled! Never in her life did anyone make her giggle before. Her face went even a deeper shade of red, as they entered the entertainment room. She offered him a chair, and sat across from him. The room they were in was used to watch television, play games, whatever they had wanted to do. The couches were made of a fine leather, and the rugs, (her favorite part of the room) was the colour of blood stained red, though it didn't remind anyone of blood though. The rug was soft, and she loved laying on the ground, while her father started the fireplace, and they would just be like that for hours, doing nothing more than that.

A strand of hair fell from her face, and her face grew red even more for some reason. She quickly put it back in place, and looked at Jake, and his perfect body. Why she was looking at his body, instead of his eyes was something that she didn't understand quite well at all. This must have been a dream to her, because no one in her life ever did something like what he was about to do. Or so she had thought anyway. What made her think that those flowers were for her? She had only been here for a week, and how could it be possible that he had fallen for her? It was simply unheard of.

The smile she had soon quickly vanished, as soon as it had came. This couldn't be right at all. These flowers weren't for her at all. If they were, she was sure that he would have given them to her by now. What was she thinking? Love wasn't something for her. It didn't just appeared at her front door at all. She fought hard to keep her cool, because it was still a slight chance that he was here to give the flowers to her. But what occasion was it? Why would he spend money on the flowers, when their wasn't an occasion to go with it? Shaking her head, she soon looked at Jake's eyes, which appeared to be warm and dreamy. Oh, how she wished to be in his arms that moment. Again, Marie shook her head, in attempts of trying to get the thoughts out of her head. He couldn't be here for her, she kept on telling herself.

"Yeah, a sudden mood change." she muttered to herself, in hopes that he wouldn't hear her.

"I honestly like it." he said softly, with a warm smile. "Better than the mood you were in before, but maybe that was why I started to like you."

Marie's heart had skipped a beat. Did she just hear him correctly? Did he just say those words just a few seconds from her? Fighting heard to keep her excitement down, and to stop herself from squealing with delight, she just sat there, smiling at him, letting him continue on.

What did it all mean though? What was going to happen in the end? Did this mean that they were going to be a...couple? Marie hadn't even started school yet, and she wasn't sure what would the other people think, (mainly the girls) when she already had a boyfriend, and that it was someone as cute as he was. She was surprised that he didn't have girls swarming his house. But another part of her was glad though. Here he was in her house. Telling her that he likes her. Things were going too good to be true. She sat up more, trying to keep her posture perfect.

Why though? Why had he fallen for her? Marie knew right away that she wasn't like any of the other girls. She didn't have a fine body, nor did she had a pretty face. Her breast weren't all that impressive, well in her mind at least. She knew that people back where she use to live were always interested in what size they were. The bigger they were, the more they were in love with that particular person, which disgusted her immensely. What was so special about her? That was the one thing that bothered her.

"Like me?" she asked with surprise.

The Black Ghost
Keep going! smile

Lord_Saratn
I now ask that all comments go here, please and thank you:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f53/t396406.html

iluvhpsomuch1_7
POST!! ITS SO GOOD!!!

Lord_Saratn
A moment of silence filled the room, as neither of them spoke. Marie soon became nervous as he didn't say a word to her. Was he nervous too? Or was he making up some cruel joke to make a fool out of her? Hoping with all of her heart, Marie hoped that he was going to say the words that she had been dying to hear for so many years. It was just one simple word yes, but it had a whole lot of meaning from where she was right at that point. Something, for some reason told her that she could trust him, and that he was going to say the word yes, and when he does say it, it would be with sincerity, and honesty. This could be it for Marie, the first love of her life. But then again, this could be easily some trick.

'It has only been a week.' Marie kept telling herself. 'Only for a week, and I already got a guy who likes me.

Soon she started to breath in and out slowly, trying to remain calm. He was on the stage, not she, and it was his chance to say what he wanted to say. It wasn't her job to try to scare him off.

"What isn't there to like?" asked Jake with a small smile. "I mean, you're everything I've always wanted, and more. You are the most perfect person in the world. I mean, you're the girl next door, where all I have to do is to walk over, and we can spend hours together, not worrying about being late for going back home. I know I like you, but I honestly think that it is a bit too soon. I mean it's only been a week."

"Yeah, it's only been a week." she said, grinning weakly.

A loud crash of thunder filled the room, and Marie woke up with a jolt. What was going on? Where was Jake? Looking around, she realized that she was in her pajamas, underneath her blankets, and saw glanced at her alarm clock that said 1:30.

"Damn it." Marie muttered to herself with sadness. "It was only a dream. But why did it feel so real to me?"

The next morning, Marie had gotten her clothes on, and made herself breakfast. She was still upset about the dream she had had. Why was she being so freaked out because the dream wasn't real. Did she truly like Jake? Was that why she had dreamt of him? A chill ran down her spine, as she started to eat her cereal. As she ate, Marie wondered what she was going to do for that day. She wouldn't start school to the beginning of next month, and that meant that she had two weeks free to do whatever she wants. But after the first week of going places, to see the many things in the city they lived in, she soon got tired of it all. Oh how she would give up anything just to be in school again. It was torture for her.

Not too long later, Marie's father came down stairs to make himself something to eat. This was what he did every morning, start a meal, like bacon and eggs, and after a few minutes, he is out the door, not even touching the food he had made. Honestly, Marie knew that it was hard on him, trying to make sure that she had things that she would need, to make sure the bills were paid, and all of that extra stuff that they enjoyed to do. At times he may work overtime, not letting Marie have the chance to spend time with him.

((sorry i didn't post more. i'm exhausted.))

Scotty Brockman
hey Esaul I love your story post more quickly please so I can read it thanks

Esaul
i started over, and please go to the comments page

Esaul
Marie was alone for breakfast for the upteenth time as her father kissed the top of her head, telling her that he loved her, and that he would be back for dinner. Sighing, she started to eat her breakfast, watching her father leave for work. Not only was her father on her mind, but also the dream...well nightmare she had that night. Telling herself that it was nothing but a dream, it still couldn't escape her mind. Imagining that her day was going to be fulled up with anxiety, she decided to shut herself in her bedroom, away from the phone and everything else that had to do with communication.

Before she was going to go to her room, Marie thought that she could take a shower to relax her mind and to relax her muscles which were pretty intense. Walking into the bathroom, she started to take her clothes off, wondering what she was going to do in her bedroom for the remainer of the day. Turning on the water, she waited for it to warm up like she did when she lived in her old home. Maybe she could try calling Lexi, to see how she was doing, something she hadn't done in a while, something that troubled her greatly. It wasn't like Marie had meant to do that to her. It just sort of happened that she didn't contact her yet. Maybe Lexi would have an explanation for her to what the dream meant. Though she told herself again that it was only a dream, and it would mean nothing at all. Unless it was he that she was destined to be with for the remainer of her life. It was impossible she kept telling herself

Right when Marie was going to get into the shower the phone rang from downstairs. Swearing to herself underneath her breath she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her slender body. Opening the bathroom door she raced downstairs to answer the phone. Wodnering to herself Marie was trying to figure out who could be calling. At first her hands were trembling from being frigthen that it could be her father's boss saying that her father got injured or worse, but she shook that thought out of her head.

"Hello?" she asked in a soft voice barely above a whisper. A strand of hair fell into her face. Taking her hand she pushed it back in place.

"Marie?" asked a familiar voice to her.

"Lexi?" questioned the voice with glee.

"The one and only." she said cheerfully to her. "How's life treating you?"

Sitting down on the leather chair she spoke to Lexi about how her life was going, and how she missed her best friend. Marie still hadn't gotten in the shower, and had realized that the water was still running. Putting Lexi on speaker she talked to her while she went to turn off the water and to get dressed again once more. She was estatic about having the chance to talk to Lexi again. nce she got back down stairs and sat on the leather chair she told her about her dream.

"Freakish." said Lexi laughing a little.

"Agreed. You know I never realized how quiet it has gotten without having you around, you know?"

A short pause came from the other end which made Marie a bit worried. It was mainly her fault for not calling Lexi before, and she did feel rather guilty about it. Though now they were talking and that was the only thing that mattered to Marie. Talking to her best friend was the cure for almost anything. Sometimes she wondered to herself how she was going to survive without Lexi.

"Yeah it has been rather lonely. So what do you think about him?" Lexi asked curiously.

"About who?" Marie asked hoping that it wasn't implying her neighbor.

"You know the dude from your dream. Is he hot?" Lexi asked feeling excited.

"Beyond hot." replied Marie in a cheerful voice.

Lexi did something that she hadn't done before which had caught Marie off guard. She squealed with delight. "Maybe you should do the exact opposite of your dream." Lexi pointed out to her.

"And that is what?" she asked resting the phone on her shoulder as she hugged her knees.

"Go to him instead of him going to you." responded Lexi with joy. "I mean how can you be sure that your dream will actually happen?"

"I don't know." said Marie feeling a bit unsure of herself. "What if he really doesn't like me?"

To be truthful Marie hadn't changed that much since she moved. She still felt depressed, and this was the only true time she was happy, speaking to Lexi. It was a strange feeling that flowed through her body. It wasn't a strange feeling oh no. In fact it was beyond strange, it was a very pleasant feeling indeed. But that feeling also made her wonder even more to herself. She told herself that it couldn't be while she shook her head. An uncertain feeling now remained at the bottom of her gut, making her feel akward. What if it was true was what she was qustioning herself on. What if it was what it had seemed to be.

"Listen I got to go." said Marie, her voice sounding weaker than what it once was.

"Okay well I'll call ya later." said Lexi sounding a bit disappointed.

"Yeah." said Marie not noticing the change in Lexi's voice.

"Love you." said Lexi hanging up the phone.

Did that mean what she thought it did? That explained everything, well on Lexi's part, but not hers. Was she falling in love with her best friend Lexi? Marie shook her head in frustration. She kept on telling herself no, saying that she wasn't a lesbian, that she was straight, a girl who liked guys like every other girl. But did Lexi feel the same way? Was Lexi worried about being a lesbian? She did say that she loved her, and what about that last day when she said those words in a different language? Did that have a certain meaning to them that referred to Lexi loving Marie?

iluvhpsomuch1_7
hola! So are you gonna start over again, because this is good, the post on your other site was really good but if you want to you only need the rewrite that. Mostly because I know you'll end up writing the same thing if you start over so why not save the trouble! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.