Explosion of Happy over a book of all things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Okay, so when was the last time you felt so happy you just might burst out laughing for no good reason? (You feel like you're walking on a cloud and nothing could go wrong)

I admit, the happy feeling I have right now isn't all that grand roll eyes (sarcastic)
but I just learned that my book Heartfelt Cases will be published in 2 weeks ... that's enough to get the dancing bananas Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
Seriously, I had NO idea what to expect in this thread... I'll be honest and say it sounded a little bit rude.

WindDancer
Congrats Julie! Hopefully you will be signing copies in a local B&N.

Julie
Perhaps...but local is a bit not local to you:-)

yeah, I guess this could sound a bit weird...but comeon Ush, you've seen the things I post... would Iever intentionally post depraved stuff?

Ushgarak
Not in public...

(runs in terror from Julie)

Julie
terror....gee, I'm not that scary

WindDancer
Originally posted by Julie
Perhaps...but local is a bit not local to you:-)

I will order a copy through Amazon. batman

Ushgarak
Man, I thought I could encourage some scariness with that insinuation! No fun! (pouts)

And send me a copy!

tabby999
depends, sometimes i'll be doing something and i realise how good i really have it and it makes me happy, no real reason

Victor Von Doom
I like that construction: 'explosion of happy'.

Julie
Thanks...it came to me in about 2 seconds:-)....yeah, I'm that deep of a thinker.

Although the estimate for the book being out in two weeks only applies to the actual publisher's site, "they" say that Amazon and b&n and other Ingram distibutors will have access to it a month or two after that...no one knows why the delay

If anyone can explain such a delay I'd appreciate it

debbiejo
YEAH JULIE!!!!!

Lord Nauj
being happy is pathetic. Whats the whole point of being happy in life? Theres drugs, violence, war , germs, diseases. Hey were gonna die so yeah...

BackFire
Originally posted by Lord Nauj
being happy is pathetic. Whats the whole point of being happy in life? Theres drugs, violence, war , germs, diseases. Hey were gonna die so yeah...

....lol.

Congrats Julie!

Julie
Thanks backfire....BTW, your sig is kinda scary.

Being happy is natural when things are going right...it's a good thing, really.

ash007
Originally posted by Lord Nauj

yes but there is also alot of good in the world. We are so used to seeing the worst side in life. That we never take into account all the good that happens. I wish the media would report more on this but i guess good news doesn't sell papers.

My advice just smile be happy your problems are nothing compared to others. live life to the fullest

Julie
Good advice.

Do more for others too...it may make you happy:-0

mechmoggy
I've exploded happy over one or two books myself, but lets not get into that...

Congrats Jules, and good work! thumb up

Nightbird
Hope your book does good. (Yeah I know that happy feeling.)

Whirlysplatt
Congratulations Julie

Fishy
And that from somebody who barely knows how a keyboard works stick out tongue

congrats Julie smile

Julie
Thanks fishy and all,
BTW, update: I now have the author copies of Heartfelt Cases. The publisher has a slightly older version of the story....with a grammatical mistake or two in it....they might get fixed they might not I don't know. I'm "talking" to them this week. The acutal book will ship in a few weeks...I didn't realize the online order forms are advanced sales only at the moment.

I have a biology lab report to write now....grrr...but I'll be checking up and keeping ya'll posted.

BTW, the "mistakes" are okay if they get through.. most are just things only grammar freaks would care about...like a missing or errant comma.
I didn't catch them b/c it's tough to read 345 pages on a computer screen..... or 320 page proof... roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

Victor Von Doom

BTW, the "mistakes" are okay if they get through.. most are just things only grammar freaks would care about...like a missing or errant comma.

It's now unreadable. You've made your own bed.

BackFire
Yep!

**** the story, one erroneous comma will ruin 300+ pages of text!

mechmoggy
I, am shocked By you're, total lacks of grammar.

wink

Julie
I know I know...and BTW, the mistakes do stay b/c aint paying to have em fixed.

Also, it's hit the big time....err sort of. you can now find Heartfelt Cases listed over at www.bn.com I chuckle to think it comes up second under that title and the first "hit" is some weird book I didn't even bother reading the 30 words to the title:-)

I made the mistake of telling people near me that it's listed at bn.....they think they should buy it from there, but I "make" more on copies I sell personally. Oh the complications. I can't worry about this I have midterms to deal with...

Anyone ever have one of those "aaaarrgghhh" weeks?

Julie
Ohhh...someone told me it's now at amazon too...I gotta see this. BTW, if anyone does actually read it sometime, review it too....every bit helps.

Henrik1991
my happiest felling is when i wake up at the morning.. ist those 2 secends where you're feeling good while you don't know where you are... is't the best :-D

Julie
Okay. I'm not sure I agree with that....I usually hate not knowing where I am....the few seconds of semi consciousness tend to be okay but not really happy per se.

Does anyone know how to make a jpeg pic out of a bmp or gsomething or other???

Yes, my technical know how shines again.

Julie
Okay so I posted reviews of the book, but do they mattter...I mean I'm totally biased.

mailedbypostman
I have never experienced that kinda happiness. Maybe I might have if th time was 1200 AD or something. Or the end of the American Revolution.

botankus
Does anyone know how to make a jpeg pic out of a bmp or gsomething or other???

Hey Julie!

Open the file in Microsoft Paint and when you save it, choose the JPEG choice under "Save as Type."

Julie
thanks...somehow I blundered across another way to do it as well...pisca...errr something like that.

Anyway, I'll check and see if it actually worked now...

Julie
Microsoft paint...hum....do I even have that on my computer is the big question. If I'm silent for long long periods of time it could just be my internet is out yet again at the apt....

booo.

BTW, the next shipment of 75 books should be in next week. Once they're sold, I'llbe a few hundred dollars over the initial investment for publishing...yes, it's self publishing...which is totally not for everyone but seemed a decent step for me.

XCall 0f KtuluX
Okay, so when was the last time you felt so happy you just might burst out laughing for no good reason? (You feel like you're walking on a cloud and nothing could go wrong)

I admit, the happy feeling I have right now isn't all that grand roll eyes (sarcastic)
but I just learned that my book Heartfelt Cases will be published in 2 weeks ... that's enough to get the dancing bananas Happy Dance Happy Dance

I had a feeling like that once. I was high though.

big grin

Julie
ha...well I haven't experienced that...but I've read all about it in a Criminal Justice book:-)

The blissful feeling fades....eventually though doesn't it....sad.

Julie
Only sold a few this week....it may take me longer than anticipated to break even, but we'll see how this weekend goes.

I'm interested to know how many copies sell online...and as usual, I'm eager for feedback from real live readers who don't know me on a personal basis and therefore are free of the feeling that they may insult me by criticizing my book.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Prince Nauj

That's very cynical stick out tongue

I prefer Aristotle's views on happiness, and the pursuit of happiness. And I tend to think, I could be dead tomorrow, why not be happy now.

And congrats Julie, best of luck.
May I ask what the book is about?

Julie
Thanks, silvertears, Sure you can ask: It's about a pair of FBI agents and a few of the cases that they work on. There's an "outer" story that features a woman reading a series of books the "inner story" has the FBI agents. The only analogy I can draw is the Princess Bride, you know how the grandpa reads to the little boy??

silver_tears
I do actually smile sounds very nice

Julie
I glad you remember...and it sounds good....that's the point of a description wink

You know how I've been saying the good feeling is sort of fading...well, I'm still happy, but I keep getting shot down at the places I ask to carry the book. Rejection is part of a writer's life, which is tough. I dunno if I could handle trying to be a fulltime writer.

What do you guys think? Could you deal with constant rejections, followed intermittently by occasional explosions of pure bliss?

mechmoggy
I think most people have to deal with that at some point in their life Jules. Have you ever tried looking for and applying for a job? That can be the most soul destroying experience.

ash007
Originally posted by mechmoggy
I think most people have to deal with that at some point in their life Jules. Have you ever tried looking for and applying for a job? That can be the most soul destroying experience.

i thaught you worked at Aldern Masters.

mechmoggy
I do, I'm talking about past experiences. wink

botankus
What do you guys think? Could you deal with constant rejections, followed intermittently by occasional explosions of pure bliss?

That's pretty much the definition of a writing career.

Like the (moderately famous) saying goes, "If you can't deal with rejection, you will never be a published author."

KharmaDog
Originally posted by botankus
That's pretty much the definition of a writing career.

Like the (moderately famous) saying goes, "If you can't deal with rejection, you will never be a published author."

Amen brother!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.