Ki-Adi-Mundi and Adi Gallia vs. Quinlin Vos and Aayla Secura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Just a guess, but I think most of you will say Quinlin/Aayla. I'm really not sure though. Ki-Adi-Mundi's a strong Jedi and Adi Gallia's pretty strong, too. Both are Masters who were on the Council. Quinlin was never on the Council but proved very strong in surviving ROTS, tricking both Dooku and the Jedi and killing Sora Bulq. He is a Master. Although Aayla Secura only even became a Knight she was also strong (though perhaps the weakest out of this bunch). She defeated Aurra Sing in a duel, a fairly big acclompishment, though not as big as taking iut Sora Bulq. I'd say Aayla/Quinlin, both having taken out an evil rgoue Jedi in duels, have more dueling experience than Ki-Adi/Adi. But Ki-Adi is stronger than Aayla, seeing as he put up a fight against the Clones that killed him whereas Aayla just got shot from behind. So if they fought Ki'-Adi'd win. Quinlin'd beat Adi and then it'd be Ki-Adi vs. Quinlin. Mundi's smarter (he has 2 brains) and I think probably stronger with the Force but not as good with a saber. So it'd be close. Not sure who'd win.

But if Aayla fought Adi first and Mundi fought Vos perhaps Adi could defeat Aayla quickly enough to help Mundi take out Vos. Together I'm sure they'd succeed. If Adi could take out Aayla quickly enough, for I have a hunch Quinlin could probably beat Mundi.

Comments?

Se7in
I don't know enough about Adi Gallia and her fighting skills to make a conclusion.

Darth Faunus
I want to clear something up. Quinlan didn't fare well at all in his duel with Bulq. If anyone here has read that particular comic, they can recall how Bulq was tossing Quinlan around like a fool, smacked aside his enraged blows, and literally brought him to his knees. He fell when, believing the battle to be one, he raised his lightsaber high, too high. He over-extended himself. Vos, after having his mind cleared by Aayla and Tholme, just rose from his knees, pivoting, and stuck Sora from midway between the side of the hip and the groin, then slashed upwards out of his shoulder.

Think Dooku vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan. He floored Anakin and Obi-Wan a combined total of three times, as did Sora. Dooku was the superior combatant and duelist, but in a moment of arrogance, he was defeated. (Yeah, yeah, orders, I know). But in this case, it was purely overconfidence on Bulq's part.

Don't get me wrong; Quinlan Vos is an exceptional saber combatant. But Bulq was shown to be the clear superior in this duel.

Se7in
Well, is attitude toward a duel not part of someone's skills? I hear many people say "Anakin is too hotheaded" and whatnot, why should Quinlan be lowered because of Sora's tendencies? The same goes for Maul, his arrogance got him killed and I believe the same is likely to happen. But really, does anyone have any info on Adi Gallia and her fighting ability, all I know is she got backhanded from Grievous' saber.

Darth Faunus
How am I discrediting Vos? I specifically stated that this was not part of my argument. I am simply saying that because he viewed himself as Vos' unquestionable superior, and believed the battle won, he left himself open to an easy kill. Period. I never discredited Vos there.

And of course Bulq's overconfidence would cost him a duel in some cases. But almost all of those scenarios would occur in a battle with Quinlan. Believe it or not, Sora had his own insecurities concerning the said Jedi. He was afraid that Vos may have become more favorable to Dooku than Bulq himself. And we all know how the Sith deal with that.

In a nutshell, I didn't try and discredit Vos. I merely tried to clear up a common misconception.

As to the thread. . .

I've seen on the net that Gallia uses a 'reverse grip' stance. I don't think she's exactly prodigial in her saber abilities, but she's probably good enough to take on Aayla. I must say however, that I myself wouldn't say for sure how this duel would turn out.

Se7in
Okay, sorry. But in reality, I think Ki-Adi-Mundi could take them both, with or without Adi's help. Well, maybe not by himself, but he would put up a good fight.

Darth Faunus
Who? Vos and Aayla? He'd likely lose against them on his own, and I have my doubts that he could defeat even Vos alone. But yes, he'd put up a good fight. The only problem here is the lack of info on Gallia's part.

And there's nothing to apologize for.

adi gallia
i would have to say the fight goes to ki adi and adi gallia though skillwise the difference isn't that great, its age and experience.

if you look at the facts now, between aayla and adi, adi is not only older, she has more dueling experience and overall experience. she's responsible for training siri tachi and stass allie- both of whom are respected jedi. she sat on the council of reconciliation and the jedi high council as a senior member and has fought the yiinchoori, laniks, ona nobis, general grievious and savage oppress. (possibly also aurra sing at one point) save for her 2nd fight with grievous and brush with oppress, she came out unscathed and triumphant. she was one of the best pilots -leading the fight above geanosis. she knows shien with both regular and reverse grip.

aayla also fights using the same form. both these jedi are physically fit and agile being able to turn their bodies into weapons. aayla has fought with unduli against asajj ventress and came out on top because of the assistance. she confronted grievous on hypori but in 1 second was critically injured and knocked out. she fought aurra sing and definitely hampered her, showing obvious skill.

but taller and more than twice aayla's age, adi would know every trick in the book and be able to control the fight. while aayla was shot by troops in no time, gallia went down in a vicious duel with savage oppress and put up a real fight- only a surprise force push gave him the advantage.

ki adi mundi was an experienced jedi mentor and trusted council member, over 60 years old. he trained asharad hett, whom like secura dealt aurra sing serious harm in a fight. while the controversial vos gained the upper hand in fights against foes like sora bulq, he actually fought agen kolar and lost quite quickly, and kolar is arguably weaker than adi gallia.
ki adi mundi has fought asajj ventress on kamino and forced her to retreat. he, along with gallia fought grievous and survived without serious injury.
aayla and ki adi were disarmed and captured in the e2 geanosis battle, joining the circle of survivors in handcuffs (the continuity errors are just too much to take in)
whether or not this says something about their fighting skill is highly debatable, but it happened and every other survivor still had their sabers and their dignity. vos either escaped the fight or was absent.

both ki adi and vos are quite inconsistent as dualists, however vos can be quite cunning and has experience with the dark side. vos may stand a chance yet, but its not an easy fight for him. weakened from mundi, the remaining combatant would take him out, and adi gallia would win.

Mizukage Yoda
Mundi and Gallia take this fairly easily, Secura is a probably a nonfactor. And I'd rate Mundi above Quinlin individually.

NewGuy01
I dunno, I'd say team 2 takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.