Best TCM Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
First, I know the sequels suck. Nothing can compare to the first TCM.

The reason I'm asking this is that I have heard a few good things about TCM 2 and no good things about TCM 3. I just recently got around to seeing both of these. Personally, I thought TCM 3 was better than TCM 2. And so I thought to open this poll.

I haven't seen the fourth yet, I plan on renting it when I return this one.

tabby999
i watched TCM: Next Generation, it wasn't bad, wasn't amazing, just a bit to all over the place for me. had a few cool bits, yet to see the second one. it was also more about the whole family than leatherface too

Cinemaddiction
I'd say 3, in all honesty. It's the least campy, it's pretty dark, too. Viggo Mortensen was pretty effective, IIRC.

deathbycorn
TCM III is the better I think.

papabeard
2 and 3 are very different films, 2 is much more of a comedy, Ive not seen them for a while but I think I might prefer part 2.

Impediment
I'll agree that all the sequels can't even hold a candle to the original, but I'll also agree witht the other guys that part 3 is the most watchable of them all. Although, I'd rather not watch them at all to begin with.

Blue_Butterfly
uh...none of them...they were all crap. The origional was the best and thats all there is to it. big grin

b-dan
i dunno the new sequil might be ok the texas chain saw massacer:the beggining

p_s_luvit1989
I liked 3. I am not sure why b/c I HATE Renne Zellwager. But I agree that 2 was more of a comedy then anything else and I also agree that NOTHING tops the first one.

jayy
Originally posted by p_s_luvit1989
I liked 3. I am not sure why b/c I HATE Renne Zellwager. But I agree that 2 was more of a comedy then anything else and I also agree that NOTHING tops the first one.

I enjoyed 2 much better than 3. As for Rene Z., I can't stand her as well. She's horrible!

wink

p_s_luvit1989
I think she should have stuck with being a no name actress and NEVER took that roll with her "You had me from hello" B.S.

Wolfie

Wolfie
After watching TCM 4, I have to say that #3 is the best of the sequels.

zombieman
I don't think any of them are decent movies. Next Generation is just awful, but 2 and 3 are bad for a different reason...they way they were cut. I'm sure the directors cuts of 2 and 3 are half decent movies, except they had to be severley edited in order to be classified.

Apparently, Tobe Hoopers original cut of TCM2 is locked away in a vault somewhere, and hasn't seen the light of day in over 2 decades.

Wolfie
I didn't bother watching the TCM III theatrical version because the unrated version is on the same disc.

Walmart carries it for $5.50 for Halloween. It was worth it to me to get 'cause it had its moments, like the Alphabet Soup part. F-O-O-D. laughing out loud

MildPossession
Number 3 for me.

Myers Kicks Ass
my fav is the 1 where leatherface is on top of a car and shoves the chainsaw in his head. i think its the 2nd one

chris_64256
I wouldnt wipe my ass with 2 that was a complete disgrace to the original and on my top ten worst horror movies of all time or movies peroid. I dont know what they were going for in 2 but I believe it was the movie that prety much ended hoopers career.

Comicbook_kid
Well folks, it's like this....It's very true none of the sequels (or the remake) holds a candle to the original, but the sequels do have camp-appeal. They're sort of a guilty pleasure for me...except for the fourth one, it just plain sucks $h!t...

TCM2 is horrible...but it does have a fun campy feel to it...and Bill Moseley's character Chop Top is so over the top and out of control, it's just fun to watch with a bunch of your friends...and seeing Dennis Hopper's cowboy character with two chainsaws hanging from his hips like six-shooters is just too f**king hilarious!!! Don't expect to watch part 2 with a straight face like the first one; it ain't gonna happen.

"GET ER' LEATHERFACE.....GIT DAT B!TCH!!!!! ".....hahaha...hilarious every time.

TCM3 is actually my favorite out of the sequels...in fact, I really don't consider it so much a sequel, as so much as a re-telling of the first one...it's darker, a little more serious than part 2, but still has some funny as hell moments in it and great camp-appeal. Especially the character in the film called Alfredo, the grungy, crazy ol' gas station attendant...he alone is worth watching this movie. Plus it has the great Ken Foree and Viggo Mortenson in it....so that's a big, big plus for me. This is a big guilty pleasure for me because I've actually seen this one as much as the first one. Again, don't expect to keep a straight face thru this one either, ain't gonna happen! My absolute favorite line in this one was "JUNIOR LIKES DEM PRIVATE PARTS....HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH DEM PARTS!!!!"........HAHAHA.....classic line!!

TCM4 is easily not only the worst TCM sequel, but it's one of the worst horror movies ever made....I put it in another thread that said "What's the stupidest horror movie ever made"....it was #3 on my list. This movie just plain sucks $h!t, and should be avoided at all costs. I have all of the TCM films except this one...I absolutely refuse to allow this piece of crap of a horror film allowed in my movie collection...Absolutely attrocious....AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris_64256
TCM4 is easily not only the worst TCM sequel, but it's one of the worst horror movies ever made....I put it in another thread that said "What's the stupidest horror movie ever made"....it was #3 on my list. This movie just plain sucks $h!t, and should be avoided at all costs. I have all of the TCM films except this one...I absolutely refuse to allow this piece of crap of a horror film allowed in my movie collection...Absolutely attrocious....AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You liked 2? Wow, see to me 2 was not even remotely funny,campy just plain sad the acting in it alone on a scale from 1 to 10 was a minus -20 the plot was as thin as ally mcbeal I cant even believe I watched the whole damn thing it made house of the dead look like million dollar baby. Some movies were not to have sequels of any kind and TCM is one of them I think it takes the luster off the orginal no matter how good they are or groundbreaking. Look at JAWS one of the best movies of ALL time had a impact on the world few movies ever had so what do they do make 3 more of them Jaws has now become a joke to alot of people I mean are ****ing kidding me Jaws in sea world , jaws revenge makes me want to puke in my soup..

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by chris_64256

You liked 2? Wow, see to me 2 was not even remotely funny,campy just plain sad the acting in it alone on a scale from 1 to 10 was a minus -20 the plot was as thin as ally mcbeal I cant even believe I watched the whole damn thing it made house of the dead look like million dollar baby. Some movies were not to have sequels of any kind and TCM is one of them I think it takes the luster off the orginal no matter how good they are or groundbreaking. Look at JAWS one of the best movies of ALL time had a impact on the world few movies ever had so what do they do make 3 more of them Jaws has now become a joke to alot of people I mean are ****ing kidding me Jaws in sea world , jaws revenge makes me want to puke in my soup..

I liked 2 because it was sooo bad....it's one of those movies that's so bad, it's fun to watch with a bunch of friends. I know the acting was bad...I mean, it's not one of those movies you watch for the award winning acting or storyline...I thought it had great camp-appeal to it...it's cheesy and campy as hell....I mean, how do you call Dennis Hopper's charcter NOT campy or cheesy?? I agree with you about TCM being a movie that never should've had a sequel(s) made, but you have to watch all of the sequels with a grain of salt...because none of them come NOWHERE close to the original in greatness. They all are bad, but I'm just saying that part 2 was good because it's so over-the-top...if you're into cheesy, goofball sequels, then it's 90 minutes of pure Heaven...especially Bill Moseley's characeter ChopTop. How do you not love ChopTop???

Wolfie
The only appealing scene in #2 for me was when Leatherface put the mask on the girl and started dancing with her. It was the only action he did in the movie that had the feel of the original.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.