Magneto vs. The Lich King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Illustrious
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4923/magsvslich0rf.gif

Deus Ex
zOMG!

I haven't the slightest.

Illustrious
Yeah, zOMG it seems I have stupified them.

This is Arthas + Ner'zhel as the Lich King, btw.

This seems to be a remarkably difficult fight to call.

Deus Ex
I'm leaning towards the Lich King, actually.

Lord Simus
Magneto, he could either crush the lich kings armor in on him or stab him with his own sword.

Illustrious
How would he crush the Lich King's nonmetallic armor? And the Lich King isn't a slouch, he has plenty of magical power to resist Magneto.

Not to mention you probably couldn't ensure killing him even if you DID manage to crush his armor.

Deus Ex
Yeah. Mags would have to go defensive for this round.

Illustrious
Mag does have his shield, and he can use a bunch of other outside material for the fight, but he has never gone against an opponent of the Lich King's magical caliber. This one will be a good fight. Mags likely has the advantage since he can try staying out of range, but I'm not convinced he could really do much damage to the Lich King.

Deus Ex
Hm. Outline Lich's abilities? I'm a bit rusty.

Illustrious
http://www.wowwiki.com/Lich_King

Not 100% accurate, but the outline is there.

As to his exact abilities they weren't clearcut like comic books, we know he can make portals into other worlds, his body was torn away and replaced with a ridiculously strong armor of ice, and his mind was granted awesome powers. Being a lich, he obviously had powers of wielding the undead and bringing about "The Plague." He could mentally dominate those that he touched.

Arthas used Frostmourn to slay a whole crapload of enemies, the sword eventually drained his soul and made him an undead. He defeated Illidan and took on the old Lich King's helmet, effectively fusing Arthas and Ner'zhul, becoming the most powerful entity on Azeroth.

Deus Ex
Hm. Just had my crash course of WoW. I'd say the Lich King has a good chance to pwn Mags.

Illustrious
Yeah, this is one of the closer battles in my opinion. If the Lich King gets withing striking range, I'd say it's over for Mags.

Deus Ex
Mags would have to work like hell to create defensive measures using nearby metals. But then again, there is the possiblity that Magneto has minor control over other types of energy, a la unifed energy theory.

kamikz
I think the Lich King would win with not too much effort. One of the mightiest beings ever in the Warcraft era was Sargeras, with only his eye Illidan could blow up the roof of the world. Now in the WOW manual it says that the Lich King combined with Arthas is the mightiest (at least one of) being ever, I can't see Magneto beat that, especially not when he can't use his greatest powers against him.

golem370
Magneto has lifted 30,000 ton rocks with his powers he is also riped the Adamantium out of Wolverine before. pretty powerful to.

Deus Ex
But neither of which will neccessarily help him in this duel if the Lich king gets close.

Spelljammer
Magneto could attempt to bury the lich under the Earth. Thus negating his threat level. Then again the lich could just make a portal and get out.

Magneto could attempt to make the few cells in the lich'es body vibrate to the point of explosion. But sense he's undead, those cell's might not in enough amount to "kill" him as his body won't be fully anniahalated. And there is no second chances in this battle.

Magneto has not the time, nor the exact oppurtunities to win this battle. Which is a damn shame, SpellJammer is an avid fan.. but lich king wins.. hands down..

golem370
Or he could use his powers to get every sword on there earth and throwing them at him.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by golem370
Or he could use his powers to get every sword on there earth and throwing them at him.
That's just blind fanboyism right there..

Deus Ex
No, read Hit and Miss' post on Master Chief versus Soul Calibre.

Illustrious
Yeah, that was blatant.

I have to lean with Lich King simply because there's no obvious way of Magneto killing him. But yes, Magneto has a chance here because he is still corporeal, he still probably has a few cells left in his body, and he is shown as not invincible, but pretty close.

xxxpoppunker182
magneto has controll over metal and stuff the lich king has sooo much more power compared to magneto that he'd get pwnd against the lich king.

sam_drugbringer
This is an amazeingly good matchup. I'd lean toward Arthas, but it could truely go ethier way.

Illustrious
I was thinking it was pretty close, both of two have immense powers at their disposal.

Let's break this up, STORYTIME stick out tongue (Hit it Janus).

Scene 1: Metropolis

Scene 2: Frozen Throne

mailedbypostman
Lich king has HUGE magic power but magneto is also skilled. Interesting...

Tha C-Master
Magneto doesn't "need metal" to work, thats old school, he controls the EM spectrum, he can make black holes. He is faster, and stronger than people make him out to be.

He can steal gamma energy and all sorts of things, while arthas is powerful, Magneto has a very powerful source to tap into.

mailedbypostman
You kinda forgot the lich king part of the lich king...

Tha C-Master
I hadn't forgotten anything I'm a lich fanatic, but I hate how people watch the movie and think that magneto needs outside "metal" to properly function...

DarkC
Lich King.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.