Guns!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Have you ever fired a gun? what kind was it? did you like it or dislike it? i think it is fun.

Sir Mist
Shotgun - Damn things suck balls when they push your shoulder out..disgust
Rifle - Dunno what type, but it was cool....nice scope..
Slug gun - Yeah...whatever floats your boat...

Pandemoniac
I've practiced gun-sports for several years. But mostly only with .22 ammo; small stuff. But for me it was the sport, not the bang. Did get pretty good at it anyway.

Rogue Jedi
my dad has a frigging arsenal. i recently him into giving me a couple of them. just got them the other day!!!

Pandemoniac
Nice, but I don't want any kind of firearm in my house. I'm good with em, but I'm not nuts about them outside the view of sport. All they do otherwise is provide power to those who very likely don't deserve it.

Wolflet
paintball droolio

Rogue Jedi
i only have them because of some recent developments. i gotta protect my lady and myself, right?

Wolflet
but painball guns are more fun then real guns ninja

Pandemoniac
Depends on your location. I have been able to protect the miss and myself with words and a very rare use of the left fist so far. But I do live in a pretty fairytale country.
Thing is, at which point do you decide to pick up guns in order to defend, and what are you willing to do with them? The odd thing with real weapons is that they inflict real damage. No offence, but for me it would take a long while before I would resort to guns and deliberately taking the risk of actually killing someone

MysteryRidah
I never personal had a gun, but i knew people who had guns and i know them now, and a friend, well past friend that i knew, he let me hold a gun for 3 hours, felt heavy.

But in all truth, guns are for the weak, and i think the world could do without them.

Sir Mist
Baseball bats happy

Sir Mist
Is America really that f*cked that you need a gun in your house?confused

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i think it is fun.

Pretty sure the parents who lost thier kids in gun violence, feel the same way you do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
I never personal had a gun, but i knew people who had guns and i know them now, and a friend, well past friend that i knew, he let me hold a gun for 3 hours, felt heavy.

But in all truth, guns are for the weak, and i think the world could do without them.

Indeed, I fully agree. It's no coincidence that murder-rates and war casualties went trough the roof after the invention of black-powder...

Rogue Jedi
dont get me wrong, i dobt have them because i feel like a badass. in my opinion, the only people who should have guns are cops and soldiers. unfortunately, in the real world, everyone has one. if someone breaks into my house in the dead of night and they are armed, what am i supposed to do?

also, these "parents" who lost their kids to gunplay are idiots who did not have a gun safe and/or trigger locks.

yes, mist, america is that fukked up.

i keep my 12 guage locked and cocked under my bed. FJ knows not to touch it and we never have kids in our house. i also have a .45 longslide pistol that i carry in my truck whereever i go. i have to keep it unloaded, of course, due to certain laws here in texas, but the magazine is always within reach. soon, when i get my concealed weapons permit, i will carry it in a pancake holster.

again, i dont have them to be a badass, i have them for protection. when someone tells you face to face "i am gonna kill you", your ass will definitely be armed. why did they tell me this? well, it was at work, someone i had to call the police on. i dont think they are serious, but you never know.

T.M
Originally posted by Wolflet
paintball droolio

Paintballing rocks yes

being allowed to shoot people for fun can't get better that that smile

Rogue Jedi
paintball is a blast indeed. the last time i played i was shot in the ass, about an inch from the dynamic duo. next time i am gonna wear a cup.

T.M
paintball is a blast indeed. the last time i played i was shot in the ass, about an inch from the dynamic duo. next time i am gonna wear a cup.

i was quite close to getting hit in that region a few times to lol.

worst i had is i got hit in the hand from like 5 feet away, no gloves on hurt like hell yes

nitro-swicked
SA80 A2- was cool would have been better if i had a susat (sight unit small arms trilux)
LSW-cool

Wolflet
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Is America really that f*cked that you need a gun in your house?confused
yep disgust

nitro-swicked
laughing

Rogue Jedi
my old man has an AR-15 that is fun to shoot. we used to go out to my uncles house and let loose on 20 yard targets. BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!!!!!

edida
Originally posted by MysteryRidah

only puss*es have to have guns for protection. grow some balls! stick out tongue

edida
dont get me wrong, i dobt have them because i feel like a badass. in my opinion, the only people who should have guns are cops and soldiers. unfortunately, in the real world, everyone has one. if someone breaks into my house in the dead of night and they are armed, what am i supposed to do?

also, these "parents" who lost their kids to gunplay are idiots who did not have a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=gun%20safe" onmouseover="window.status='gun safe'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">gun safe</a> and/or trigger locks.

yes, mist, america is that fukked up.

i keep my 12 guage locked and cocked under my bed. FJ knows not to touch it and we never have kids in our house. i also have a .45 longslide pistol that i carry in my truck whereever i go. i have to keep it unloaded, of course, due to certain laws here in texas, but the magazine is always within reach. soon, when i get my concealed weapons permit, i will carry it in a pancake holster.

again, i dont have them to be a badass, i have them for protection. when someone tells you face to face "i am gonna kill you", your ass will definitely be armed. why did they tell me this? well, it was at work, someone i had to call the police on. i dont think they are serious, but you never know.

head for the hills....it's getting deep in here. my dad gave me 2 bakookas that i keep under my bed and when i get my rpg license he will give me a couple to start packin. big grin big grin big grin

amity75
I went clay pidgeon shooting and used a shotgun. It was a bit sore on the shoulder. The guy who was teaching us gave us a 5 minute lecture on the dangers of leaving a loaded shotgun lying around on the ground. Then he sat down and removed his artificial leg to prove his point.

Wolflet
Originally posted by amity75
I went clay pidgeon shooting and used a shotgun. It was a bit sore on the shoulder. The guy who was teaching us gave us a 5 minute lecture on the dangers of leaving a loaded shotgun lying around on the ground. Then he sat down and removed his artificial leg to prove his point.
Ouch...shock

Salem07
Personally, I don't like guns...I have a strong despising towards them. I would only get one for like protection or safety purposes..but all power to you all that like them.

DarkC
Gun I want to fire most is a silenced M41 Maverick.

Rogue Jedi
when someone threatens your life and you know they have a gun, you will be armed quicker than shit. its not about growing balls, its common sense. i hope to god i am never forced to use them for protection, but i will in a heartbeat.
you guys are getting the wrong message here, i am not a gun nut. my post where i said that only cops and soldiers should have guns, that is how i truly feel.

Family_guy725
i have fired so many guns i cant remember what all kinds i have but i have alot of them. I'm in a gun shooting thing called SASS

Captain REX
I fired a stormtrooper blaster, and it made a bunch of sound effects and pretty lights. Hurray for Hasbro. no expression

CherryTopper
it was a couple months ago I was visting my parents and they own this pellet gun to scare off little animals and young children big grin and I didn't know it was unlocked and loaded so I sqeazed the trigger and it rikoshayd everywhere (ok I don't know how to spell that word sue me) and my mom looked at me like I was on crack...but I aint...I swear

Rogue Jedi
Ridah, i agree with you partially when you said guns are for the weak. when someone threatens you with a gun and you are unarmed, that is the epitome of weakness. however, when this happens, and you arm yourself in case this person might not be full of crap, that is not weakness, that is just being prepared. hopefully i will never have to draw down on someone. if i had to shoot someone who was shooting at me or threatening me with a gun, i would regret it every day for the rest of my life. as far as safety goes, i know all about being safe. if my sis comes over with my nephew, i put them in an inaccessible place. i dont leave them laying around like an idiot. i have seen some people leave their loaded guns in the weirdest places. a cop buddy of mine, when off duty, just throws his gun in the back of his car. this is a cop!!!

CherryTopper
eek!

Rogue Jedi
ricocheted.

Spearhead
I own an 8 mm (I know, big deal) but it's not in this house...s'at my aunt's place

Rogue Jedi
an 8mm? never heard of an 8 mm. when i was choosong which pistol i would take, i had to choose from about a dozen of them.

Salem07
I didn't get the wrong message...I'm just saying I don't like guns. confused

Spearhead
an 8mm? never heard of an 8 mm. when i was choosong which pistol i would take, i had to choose from about a dozen of them.

8 mm is about as small as they get, aside from holdouts and such...

never fired it, and I have only a vague idea of what it looks like messed all I know is that it's mine, and hidden in the house so I can't get to it

Rogue Jedi
that sux.

MysteryRidah
Well again i think the world can do without them. The history of gun violence is far, and everytime i hear people getting shot, i just be like " Oh well, another day, a sad day, but another day ".

Both argument's can go either way, about how guns dont kill people, people kill people. That may be true, but my argument fits better. To have no guns on this earth, well it wouldnt be gun violence, problem solved.

But i dont see a sign of people getting rid of guns, so the problem will continue.

WickedTexasMomA
HAHA! Need you even ask?

to many to name off,and yes I enjoyed it .I also enjoy hunting.

tabby999
.22 rifle and the slug gun. my uncle and grandpa have quite an arsenal thanks to their love of hunting, at christmas after lunch all the men would go out the back and blow away all the sparrows in the back paddock. but the grandparents moved into town before i was old enough dammit.

Kosta
44 Magnum (several times) - The Smith and Weston (sp) and this other one which lookid like Dirty Harry's gun. DAMN these thngs have some balls, the recoil was unbeleavable.

Beretta - My personal fave, not exactly sure what model it was, but I loved it. Nice and confortable to hold, very accurate.

Glock - Didnt much like this one, didnt like the way it looked, nor did I like the way it felt.

22 Rifle - This was back in the US, at a scout camp, godd fun, but I was too young to appreciate it.

I also owned a pellet gun witha schope when we lived in the US. It had the same velocity as a hungting rifle, but a much smaller calllibre. I loved picking dragon flys out of mid air with it. I miss it. Gun laws in Australia suck.

Sir Mist
At least we dont have people shooting each otherninja

Sir Mist
Speaking of guns and stuff, have you got CS: Source?ninja

Kosta
In ratio there are exactly the same ammount of shootings Aus as there are in the US.

Sir Mist
Yeah but...but yeah but....shut upninja

Kosta
big grin

Sir Mist
Oh well, I dont have to worry about buying a gun for my own protection...

Ken Kenobi
i keep my 12 guage locked and cocked under my bed. FJ knows not to touch it and we never have kids in our house

Ah yes, because we all know that when you're asleep and someone sneaks into your house you will have the time to wake up, realize what's happening, get out your keys, get the gun from under the bed, unlock it, and have it ready to fire all while shitting bricks from being scared to death. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Face it, the gun will do you no good. Even if you do shoot this guy in self defense you could still have charges brought up against you. No good comes from guns.

Anyways, I have fired several shotguns, just for target practice. One was a Winchester 20/20. I forget what the other one was.

Other than that I stick to BB Guns.

Rogue Jedi
not true. i know several cops and they say that if someone breaks into your house and you shoot and kill them, all you have to say is "i was fearing for my life." no charges will be brought against you. i am sure there would be an inquiry, but the fact that you thought this person meant bodily harm against you is the bottom line.
my shotgun under my bed has a trigger lock on it. my .45, however, i keep in my nightstand drawer. it has a full mag with no trigger lock. there is no round in the chamber, so all i have to do is grab it, chamber a round and flip off the safety if someone breals in. i am a light sleeper so i would hear them breaking in, regardless of how stealthy they are. you didnt read my posts enough, ken. my life was threatened. did you miss that?
yes, i will have time to use it. its not like the guy or girl (gotta be politically correct here) is gonna break in and sprint for my bedroom. all i need is 5 to 10 seconds to have it locked and cocked. FJ knows not to touch it. she knows better and has no interest in doing so. eventually i will teach her to use it, but for now she has no interest whatsoever in touching either gun.
in our society, in the real world, there are far too many guns around. every criminal seems to have one. unfortunately, this forces regular people like you and me to arm ourselves, ESPECIALLY when someone says to us " I AM GONNA KILL YOU." I would love to live in a world where there are no guns, but what are the odds of this?

DarkC
If I were to own a gun, it'd be a standard-issue U.S Beretta, chrome.

And silenced. I don't like loud noises much.

edida
when someone threatens your life and you know they have a gun, you will be armed quicker than shit. its not about growing balls, its common sense. i hope to god i am never forced to use them for protection, but i will in a heartbeat.
you guys are getting the wrong message here, i am not a gun nut. my post where i said that only cops and soldiers should have guns, that is how i truly feel.

yeah, right. who in the hell would ever threaten the likes of YOU to the extent that you would need to put guns under your bed and guns in your truck and more guns to pack on your body. Jesus, what a drama queen, sheesh. huh huh huh

DarkC
Originally posted by edida
yeah, right. who in the hell would ever threaten the likes of YOU to the extent that you would need to put guns under your bed and guns in your truck and more guns to pack on your body. Jesus, what a drama queen, sheesh. huh huh huh
That was a pretty big exaggeration.

Salem07
I don't like that edida dude confused

edida
Originally posted by DarkC
That was a pretty big exaggeration.

no exageration. re- read his posts

edida
Originally posted by Salem07
I don't like that edida dude confused

that edida dude dont like you much either. wink

DarkC
No, I meant the part where you said that he needs more guns to pack on his body. He's not a melodramatic; it might pay to have a gun at hand one day. After all, it was just a precaution.

And just because you don't like people doesn't mean you can come into their threads and post shit about them; you are free to post your own opinions if they don't offend others.

Ken Kenobi
you didnt read my posts enough, ken. my life was threatened. did you miss that?

unfortunately, this forces regular people like you and me to arm ourselves, ESPECIALLY when someone says to us " I AM GONNA KILL YOU." I would love to live in a world where there are no guns, but what are the odds of this?

I did read all your posts. Unlike some people, I like to read every post in a topic before I respond.

Don't bring me into this...I don't own a gun, nor would I own one even if someone threatened my life. I took karate, I have knives, but I am a deep sleeper...if they wanted me dead then I'd be dead.

Sir Mist
in our society, in the real world, there are far too many guns around.

And you buy more?confused

ILLHACKU
Guns were made to kill people.

Sir Mist
Bullets were made to kill people mhm

ILLHACKU
gunpowder was made to kill people cool wink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I did read all your posts. Unlike some people, I like to read every post in a topic before I respond.

Don't bring me into this...I don't own a gun, nor would I own one even if someone threatened my life. I took karate, I have knives, but I am a deep sleeper...if they wanted me dead then I'd be dead.
ah, i see. so if someone comes at you with a gun blazing, you will use your mastery of karate to disarm them, then kill them with a knife? i did not know you were a karate master, mr. myagi.

Sir Mist
I have mastered the art of chopsticks, and Im not afraid to use them cool

Wolflet
chopsticks droolio

Sir Mist
Using chopsticks as lethal weapons droolio

Rogue Jedi
you make it sound like i have two glocks in shoulder rigs, .45's on my hips, an MP5 strapped on my back and an SSG slung over my shoulder and am laced in ceramic body armor. it was indeed an exaggeration. why do you constantly follow me around and bash me? is it something personal? you have a habit of RJ bashing and it is uncalled for. i have never bashed you, lest it was in retaliation for you bashing me first.

Wolflet
Using chopsticks as lethal weapons droolio
Well when you kill someone with them, make sure you make them sticking up in your food droolio

In Japan that means someone is dead yes

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Wolflet
Well when you kill someone with them, make sure you make them sticking up in your food droolio

In Japan that means someone is dead yes

Mkay, *crosses off Japan on holiday list* What the f**k?

mhm
no expressionno expressionno expression

Yeah, just getting in a few last smilies before I go offline...no expression

Rogue Jedi
If I were to own a gun, it'd be a standard-issue U.S Beretta, chrome.

And silenced. I don't like loud noises much.
sweeeeeet.......i actually got rid of the guage today, i gave it back to my dad. it seemed like overkill to me.

Ken Kenobi
ah, i see. so if someone comes at you with a gun blazing, you will use your mastery of karate to disarm them, then kill them with a knife? i did not know you were a karate master, mr. myagi.

I am by no means a master of karate. Barely have any skills at all, but I do have basic self defense. If he is already charging me with guns blazing, even if I did have a concealed weapon, then go ahead and order my tombstone because I am as good as dead.

Rogue Jedi
No, I meant the part where you said that he needs more guns to pack on his body. He's not a melodramatic; it might pay to have a gun at hand one day. After all, it was just a precaution.

And just because you don't like people doesn't mean you can come into their threads and post shit about them; you are free to post your own opinions if they don't offend others.
give it up, C. he is gonna start trouble whereever he goes. i just report him every time.

Wolflet
Mkay, *crosses off Japan on holiday list* What the f**k?

mhm
no expressionno expressionno expression

Yeah, just getting in a few last smilies before I go offline...no expression But Japan is CLEAN *bows* happy

Rogue Jedi
I am by no means a master of karate. Barely have any skills at all, but I do have basic self defense. If he is already charging me with guns blazing, even if I did have a concealed weapon, then go ahead and order my tombstone because I am as good as dead.
if you freeze up or are a terrible shot, yes, you are dead. but, if you have a gun to protect yourself with, then at least you have a chance. also, i didnt DRAG you into this, you entered willingly with your sarcastic remark earlier. i dont get it, man. you and i used to be buds, then, without warning, you turn on me. whats up with that?

kmcdude

I agree here,I mean if someone is gunna come in your house and shoot you.............then it's gunna happen......

Ken Kenobi
if you freeze up or are a terrible shot, yes, you are dead. but, if you have a gun to protect yourself with, then at least you have a chance. also, i didnt DRAG you into this, you entered willingly with your sarcastic remark earlier. i dont get it, man. you and i used to be buds, then, without warning, you turn on me. whats up with that?

By "drage me into this" I meant in the fact that it someone threatening to kill you "forces regular people" to buy a gun. I've had a death threat before. Did I go out and buy a gun? No. So your statement is made false because not all "regular" people will be forced to buy a gun. You're generalizing.

What makes you think we're not buds? All I am doing is pointing out the mistakes in your argument and you don't like me disagreeing with you. So therefore we are not friends because I have a difference of opinion?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by kmcdude
I agree here,I mean if someone is gunna come in your house and shoot you.............then it's gunna happen......
so you wouldnt even take the precaution of arming yourself IN CASE you saw them coming? what IF you SAW THEM COMING and you didnt have a gun? IF you are upstairs sleeping with your wife beside you, and IF someone breaks into your house (you can hear them downstairs rummaging through your shit), what are you gonna do? curl into a fetal position and go to your happy place? you could call the cops, but they will take at least 5 to 10 minutes to arrive. what IF you hear them coming upstairs? what IF they intend on killing you and raping and killing your wife? in case you guys havent noticed, we live in a sick world. home invasions happen every day in big cities, like LAS VEGAS, ken. every day i read in the paper about how someone had their house broken into and they were killed/raped/beaten to a pulp/etc;.....i also read once a while back how someone had their house broken into and the intruders came upstairs, fully intent on killing the residents. what happened? i'll tell you. the husband had a .357 magnum. he defended himself and his wife and kids, killing two intruders who were known rapists. he was slightly wounded in the process, but he and his family are alive to this day BECAUSE HE WAS ARMED.
you have to look at the big picture, man. there are some sick people out there with guns and they wouldnt lose any sleep over killing you. this forces us to defend ourselves, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Ken Kenobi
so you wouldnt even take the precaution of arming yourself IN CASE you saw them coming? what IF you SAW THEM COMING and you didnt have a gun? IF you are upstairs sleeping with your wife beside you, and IF someone breaks into your house (you can hear them downstairs rummaging through your shit), what are you gonna do? curl into a fetal position and go to your happy place? you could call the cops, but they will take at least 5 to 10 minutes to arrive. what IF you hear them coming upstairs? what IF they intend on killing you and raping and killing your wife? in case you guys havent noticed, we live in a sick world. home invasions happen every day in big cities, like LAS VEGAS, ken. every day i read in the paper about how someone had their house broken into and they were killed/raped/beaten to a pulp/etc;.....i also read once a while back how someone had their house broken into and the intruders came upstairs, fully intent on killing the residents. what happened? i'll tell you. the husband had a .357 magnum. he defended himself and his wife and kids, killing two intruders who were known rapists. he was slightly wounded in the process, but he and his family are alive to this day BECAUSE HE WAS ARMED.
you have to look at the big picture, man. there are some sick people out there with guns and they wouldnt lose any sleep over killing you. this forces us to defend ourselves, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

First off. If I saw, heard them coming...I have a baseball bat that can do just as bad of damage while also being non leathal (in most cases). Let the jerkwad suffer in prison. Plus it's safer for everyone in the house, cheaper too. wink

Secondly. I don't live in Las Vegas. I live in a small town 40 miles away from Vegas. The whole time I've lived here we have not had one single home invasion. I've lived here for 2 1/2 years.

Rogue Jedi
By "drage me into this" I meant in the fact that it someone threatening to kill you "forces regular people" to buy a gun. I've had a death threat before. Did I go out and buy a gun? No. So your statement is made false because not all "regular" people will be forced to buy a gun. You're generalizing.

What makes you think we're not buds? All I am doing is pointing out the mistakes in your argument and you don't like me disagreeing with you. So therefore we are not friends because I have a difference of opinion?
ok, you had a death threat, and it was not carried out. good, i am happy to hear it. in my case, the person who made the threat was serious as hell about it. it wasnt a joke, he fully intends me bodily harm if given the chance. i do not intend to give them that chance.
i am assuming you are single, right? well, i am not. i have FJ to live for. if this person makes even the slightest attempt of getting at her, they will rue the day, mark my words. when you get a wife/fiancee you will understand. dont get me wrong, i am not saying i am all wiser than you and shit. when i was your age and single, i thought just like you did. i felt no need to arm myself, i was capable of defending myself with my fists.
let me ask you this. a while back, you were involved with someone, remember that? well, what if you guys lived together now and were engaged. you are responsible for her now. if something happened to her that you could have prevented had you been armed, would you hate yourself forever for not being armed? think hard and long on this before answering, ken, i implore you.
just forget the whole thing about us being friends before. you have changed, so be it, i cant knock you for that.

Ken Kenobi
when i was your age and single, i thought just like you did. i felt no need to arm myself, i was capable of defending myself with my fists.

Then don't be hypocritical of other people's views.

let me ask you this. a while back, you were invlvoed with someone, remember that? well, what if you guys lived together now and were engaged. you are responsible for her now. if something happened to her that you could have prevented had you been armed, would you hate yourself forever for not being armed? think hard and long on this before answering, ken, i implore you.

I was involved with someone, that is true. I cared the world of her, that is true. If something had happened to her then yes I would have hated myself. But there are other ways of being prepared other than owning a firearm. Like I said already, baseball bats would work. You can come up with many common household items as well.

Think about this...you wake up in the middle of the night after hearing a loud sound. You quickly pull out your gun and go off to investigate. You're scared shitless and didn't even check to see if FJ was sleeping soundly. You see a shadowy figure approach up the stairs quietly. You fear for your life and you shoot. What if that was FJ? People are careless with guns, no matter how much they say they aren't. In the heat of the moment you don't think rationally.

I do not like guns, they are too dangerous. I constantly have children in my home and I do not want to be responsible for accidents. Sure accidents can happen with a baseball bat too, but at least it wouldn't be lethal.

Maybe you trust yourself enough with a gun, but I don't.

kmcdude
Then don't be hypocritical of other people's views.

I was involved with someone, that is true. I cared the world of her, that is true. If something had happened to her then yes I would have hated myself. But there are other ways of being prepared other than owning a firearm. Like I said already, baseball bats would work. You can come up with many common household items as well.

Think about this...you wake up in the middle of the night after hearing a loud sound. You quickly pull out your gun and go off to investigate. You're scared shitless and didn't even check to see if FJ was sleeping soundly. You see a shadowy figure approach up the stairs quietly. You fear for your life and you shoot. What if that was FJ? People are careless with guns, no matter how much they say they aren't. In the heat of the moment you don't think rationally.

I do not like guns, they are too dangerous. I constantly have children in my home and I do not want to be responsible for accidents. Sure accidents can happen with a baseball bat too, but at least it wouldn't be lethal.

Maybe you trust yourself enough with a gun, but I don't.

I agree 100 percent here,after all kmcdude dont need a gun.................................................when he has a big badass baseball bat big grin

Hit_and_Miss
see this is why america has the highest muder rate with guns... everyones carrying one.. so when people have arguments... instead of just having a fight and one guy ending up with a black eye... you draw guns and shoot each other.. and everyone dies...

Personaly I think your asking for more trouble carrying a gun then without one...

kmcdude
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
see this is why america has the highest muder rate with guns... everyones carrying one.. so when people have arguments... instead of just having a fight and one guy ending up with a black eye... you draw guns and shoot each other.. and everyone dies...

Personaly I think your asking for more trouble carrying a gun then without one...

yes

Salem07
I still don't like guns

kmcdude
GUNS ARE FOR WIMPS no expression

nitro-swicked
i only like them when ur on ranges yes

DarkC
First off. If I saw, heard them coming...I have a baseball bat that can do just as bad of damage while also being non leathal (in most cases). Let the jerkwad suffer in prison. Plus it's safer for everyone in the house, cheaper too. wink

Secondly. I don't live in Las Vegas. I live in a small town 40 miles away from Vegas. The whole time I've lived here we have not had one single home invasion. I've lived here for 2 1/2 years.
I assume that RJ here would probably not pull the trigger unless he absolutely had to. He'd probably be decent enough to at least attempt disarm the convict harmlessly before resulting to further action.

Ken Kenobi
I assume that RJ here would probably not pull the trigger unless he absolutely had to. He'd probably be decent enough to at least attempt disarm the convict harmlessly before resulting to further action.

Judging by his earlier comments I would think otherwise. His strategy seems to shoot first before the other person can do the same.

Pandemoniac

Really? No disrespect meant, but like an example already posted here: If you are awakened in the middle of the night by sounds coming from the house indicating someone breaking in? So you grab a gun and start investigating with your heart pounding, not knowing what to expect and pretty jumpy. You encounter someone in the house with bad intentions and stealing your stuff might be the least. Say the guy turns on you and attacks, with or without a weapon himself.
It would take a great deal of selfcontrol, confidence and reason to lay the gun aside and try to overpower the guy by hand.
Shit ain't like that! When you face a situation like that and you have a gun in your hand as this guy comes for you, you don't think of the consequences of your actions anymore but only about saving your butt at that very instant. So if you're not a experienced soldier, cop, fighter or whatever, you will most likely fire the gun at him. And being panicked, you might even empty the gun on the guy, probably killing him for sure.
This happens all the time, people killing because they fall back on weapons to defend themselves but not really estimating the destructiveness of these weapons.

DarkC
Judging by his earlier comments I would think otherwise. His strategy seems to shoot first before the other person can do the same.
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Really? No disrespect meant, but like an example already posted here: If you are awakened in the middle of the night by sounds coming from the house indicating someone breaking in? So you grab a gun and start investigating with your heart pounding, not knowing what to expect and pretty jumpy. You encounter someone in the house with bad intentions and stealing your stuff might be the least. Say the guy turns on you and attacks, with or without a weapon himself.
It would take a great deal of selfcontrol, confidence and reason to lay the gun aside and try to overpower the guy by hand.
Shit ain't like that! When you face a situation like that and you have a gun in your hand as this guy comes for you, you don't think of the consequences of your actions anymore but only about saving your butt at that very instant. So if you're not a experienced soldier, cop, fighter or whatever, you will most likely fire the gun at him. And being panicked, you might even empty the gun on the guy, probably killing him for sure.
This happens all the time, people killing because they fall back on weapons to defend themselves but not really estimating the destructiveness of these weapons.
Okay, lemme rephrase...he doesn't pull the trigger if the other doesn't take him by suprise. Sound better?

Pandemoniac
Yes, better. If he would take his time to cool down before running down the stairs, reviewing possible scenario's. Then, if he can sneak up on, or atleast surprise the invader and so turning the tables, it is possible.
In that case, having a gun will most likely get the guy running like hell. Or making him freeze, allowing you to plant a foot in his face, both good. But you still can't be sure about how desperate the invader is and what he is capable of...

DarkC
First sign of the other drawing a weapon, any quick movements, blow 'em away.

Pandemoniac
Right. So you can go to jail for 10 years, leaving your girl unprotected. Smart thinking

DarkC
It's pretty much a life/death situation if they try to draw a weapon on you, have you realised that? Better 10 years in jail than a large hole where your forehead used to be.

Pandemoniac
We were at the point of discussion at which there is the possibility to surprise the invader, like smacking the bastard with a chair instead of adding some extra holes.
In fact, the best thing you can do is just stay where you are, the bedroom. What do I care, I have good insurance. Stand next to the doorway with a club (which I do have under the bed) and be very very quiet. But never go after a burglar; even if you smack him, you're in for trouble in court alone. Atleast, that is how shit goes down here.
If the guy does enter the room, hit him once, but hard. That can be defended as self defence and might get you of the hook.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Right. So you can go to jail for 10 years, leaving your girl unprotected. Smart thinking
not true. all you have to say is that you were fearing for your life. you will not go to jail.

also, the first thing i would do is check on FJ. this is a no brainer, brainiac.

guns are for wimps? guns are a necessity in the world we live in, KMC dude. when you get older, you will understand this.

Salem07
I wouldn't mind letting my guy have a gun..but only for when he needs it for like safety or whatever..not like hunting or anything like that.

Rogue Jedi
i absolutely would not pull the trigger unless i had to. i would tell them to GTFO, that i had a gun and was not afraid to use it. i would probably even let loose a round or two in their general direction to show that i meant business.
again, let me say this.....THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS CHECK ON FJ. i would tell her to get in the closet and call 911. more likely than not, i would probably stay in the bedroom covering the door while she called 911.

Mighty Yoda
oh guns guns guns, i like guns

Rogue Jedi
guns are ok. i am not a gun nut, i just like having one around. i sleep better at night with it close by.

Emma Wise

hey, i do like people. I've only had a problem with ONE person here. i believe that boasters, bullies and bullshitters should be confronted. if you don't confront them, they will assume that everyone here is either stupid, or just don't care, so they usually continue unabated.

Emma Wise
hey, someone stole my post........give it back!!!!

Hit_and_Miss
RJ its a shame you didn't use his magum pose in your sig... you could of used it to win debates...

Would you sleep better with a gun close by? or the knowledge that 99% of the population didn't have a gun...

Rogue Jedi
99%? i fond that hard to believe. half the people i talk to own a pistol or a rifle.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Emma Wise
hey, i do like people. I've only had a problem with ONE person here. i believe that boasters, bullies and bullshitters should be confronted. if you don't confront them, they will assume that everyone here is either stupid, or just don't care, so they usually continue unabated.

who is this ONE person? and WHY do you think he or she is a bully, boaster or bullshitter? does someone need a nap? laughing

Hit_and_Miss
Sorry I wasn't very clear... England has no guns... cept about 1%.. we banded them about 10 years ago...

Rogue Jedi
i would love to live in england, then.

mattador
Paintball guns mostly.

Piggle Humsy
Have you ever fired a gun? what kind was it? did you like it or dislike it? i think it is fun.

Well I would like to go to a shooting range and give it a go but I think thats where guns should stay. erm

Hit_and_Miss
yup... we don't have the death rate the states has....

Rogue Jedi
a world without guns......thats a nice thought, but it will never happen.

Hit_and_Miss
yes cause theres gun crazy people who shout about there rights! who are you defending yourself against with a machine gun??? I've seen on tv that there are some people who have mini-guns... WTF!!! why on earth would you need that sort of power... Does your attacker have a MIG??? no at best you need a pistol... and a telephone to let the LAW know you need them...

Rogue Jedi
ok, i never said anything about machine guns or rocket launchers.

Sorgo
My Cousin got his arm shot trying to pull some shit he saw from a Movie.

I hate movies. People don't realize that if someone has a Gun, it isn't that simple to just kick or punch it out of their hands. So unrealistic.

Rogue Jedi
thats hollywood for you, man.

Sorgo
thats hollywood for you, man.

So, why Zoolander, Rogue?

Rogue Jedi
dunno, the movie was funny and i was in a different mood.

Ms Flower
guns scare me to much to bother with and I would never allow one in my house unless it was an officer of sorts carrying it. there are way too many accidental deaths when children get a hold of a loaded piece...even unloaded and knows where to find the amo....either way....

No I have not and wont be either.

Rogue Jedi
different strokes, i guess.

Mighty Yoda
i went paintballing today

Rogue Jedi
funfun!!!

RedAlertv2
paintballings cool, did it once... as far as real guns, Ive only shot .22 rifles

Rogue Jedi
paintballing is a frigging blast.

diabloprimeevil
i have 8 free passes to any minitry of paint ball area

Rogue Jedi
its expensive. you know where they get you? when they make you buy their paintballs. i spent over 100 bucks last time i went.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.