Challenge Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scurran
ask me any harry potter question I need to exsersize me potter knowledge

scurran
when a question is asked dont add other replies untill ive answered cos ill get cofused that way

zombieman
I challenge you to sod off.

scurran
well thats not nice is it u fcuking simpleton

zombieman
Well you failed that challenge!

The_Corona
zombieman i think u should F off and get a life u nerd. The undead indeed.

scurran
that wasnt a question

zombieman
No, it was a challenge.

scurran
Originally posted by zombieman
No, it was a challenge.
was it now?

zombieman
Originally posted by The_Corona
zombieman i think u should F off and get a life u nerd. The undead indeed.

I've just been called a nerd by a 'jedi master'... pot, kettle, black?

TheSun
No, it was a challenge.
He didn't ask for any challenge, he asked for his Harry Potter general knowledge to be challenged - what a muppet, try thinking before you type.

scurran
thank you good sir

zombieman
Originally posted by TheSun
He didn't ask for any challenge, he asked for his Harry Potter general knowledge to be challenged - what a muppet, try thinking before you type.

What the heck is your problem. I haven't read a single constructive post by this guy; everyone one them is some kind of vacuous insult like: 'you moron' or 'you muppet'. You really need to lighten up and stop posting such negative, scornful drivel.

scurran
well ur wrong AGAIN because i havent insulted any one but if ur looking for a fight uve found it-LOSER

TheSun
What the heck is your problem. I haven't read a single constructive post by this guy; everyone one them is some kind of vacuous insult like: 'you moron' or 'you muppet'. You really need to lighten up and stop posting such negative, scornful drivel.
'I challenge you to sod off'.
I've just been told off for posting drivel by the guy who posted that. Pot, kettle, black?

scurran
lol Happy Dance

zombieman
Originally posted by scurran
well ur wrong AGAIN because i havent insulted any one but if ur looking for a fight uve found it-LOSER

Was I even refering to you in my last post? Maybe you should try reading it again, only a little more carfully this time.

scurran
you should be more clear in ur posts

zombieman
'I challenge you to sod off'.
I've just been told off for posting drivel by the guy who posted that. Pot, kettle, black?

It's called a JOKE mate, try looking it up in the dictionary; although the definition will probably go straight over your head because you're obviously humourless and ignorant.

scurran
anyway this thred is used for challenging my potter knowledge not to argue with some.....person

TheSun
It's called a JOKE mate, try looking it up in the dictionary; although the definition will probably go straight over your head because you're obviously humourless and ignorant.
Typical, when things aren't going your way, 'it..it was only a joke, allright??' Haha.

zac_j
What was the first line Harry ever said?
What was the first spell Hermione did?
What was the LAST line Harry said in the third movie?
What does RAB stand for?
Who did Ron go to the dance with?
Where is the first place you see Sirius' picture?
Name the books in order and what would you like the next book to be called? (Not really trivia right there, just wondering...)

danagrint
Who is RAB?

Director_Joe

Take heed: Don't challenge TheSun to verbal combat...

To stay on subject: Name all of the 4 houses ghosts.

zombieman
Typical, when things aren't going your way, 'it..it was only a joke, allright??' Haha.

Seriously, why do you even post on these forums? I've read many of your posts, and out of all of them I haven't heard you make a single point that's even close to constructive. Every single word you type pertains to some kind of retort, none of which are clever or even witty. They are merely trite and generic insults that make you look like a sad, miserable bastard, with nothing interesting to say for himself; so you have to resort to criticising the content of other peoples posts.

zombieman
Originally posted by danagrint
Who is RAB?

Regulus Alphus Black.

danagrint
will siruis come back?

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by danagrint
will siruis come back?

Nope.

scurran
Originally posted by zac_j
What was the first line Harry ever said?
What was the first spell Hermione did?
What was the LAST line Harry said in the third movie?
What does RAB stand for?
Who did Ron go to the dance with?
Where is the first place you see Sirius' picture?
Name the books in order and what would you like the next book to be called? (Not really trivia right there, just wondering...)

erm right
1. not sure
2. occulars reparo
3. regulas a black
4. padma patil
5. at the potters wedding
6. pilosaphors stone,chamber of secrets,prisoner of azkaban,goblet of fire,order of the phoenix,half blood prince ( i don't know about number 7 i have no ideas)

Darth L. Dipsit
Sorry to bother you, sir. Um, these are really obscure, some of them, but I tried to make them hard, sir:

1. Where did the four Hogwarts House founders live (from where did they come - these are general area descriptions)?

2. Name one Unspeakable other than Broderick Bode (there was, I think, only one other ever mentioned).

3. For the Quidditch World Cup, who was the site manager for the Diggory's campsite?

4. How old is Lucius Malfoy and where is his mansion?

5. What is Doris Purkiss's address?

6. Of what band is Stubby Boardman the lead singer?

7. How old is Sturgis Podmore and what is his address?

8. Name the house ghost of Ravenclaw House.

9. Why was Vicky Frobisher not chosen as Gryffindor Keeper to replace Oliver Wood?

10. According to Lupin, who almost lost an eye to the Whomping Willow?

11. What type of creature is/was Aragog?

12. What is Professor Flitwick's first name?

There are a few that I thought pretty difficult.

TheSun
I only know the last two - Aragog was an Acromantula, and Flitwick is Filius. I'll let scurran do the others lol. Oh and zombieman, you can say what you want about me insulting others, but the first thing you said to the guy opening this thread was 'sod off'. Honestly, talk about casting the first stone...

Darth L. Dipsit
That's right, Mr. TheSun, sir. Perhaps I made them too obscure and irrelevant. My apologies if they were poorly conceived questions, but thanks very much for viewing them, sir.

spidey-carnage
Regulus Alphus Black.
I thought it was Arcturus, not Alphus. i remember reading it somewhere in this forum.
if i am wrong pls correct me
+ i dont see how you can tell everyone ur posting drivel when that post did not pertain to the topic of the thread.
confused

TheSun
Originally posted by spidey-carnage
I thought it was Arcturus, not Alphus. i remember reading it somewhere in this forum.
if i am wrong pls correct me
i dont see how you can tell everyone ur posting drivel when that post did not pertain to the topic of the thread.
confused
Actually, noone knows what his middle name is - Alphard was mentioned as Sirius' uncle, so some people thought that was his middle name, however someone noticed that arcturus was a constellation, just like Sirius - hence came ot the conclusion that that was his middle name. Personally, I don't even think it is Regulus.

Tritogeneia
I challenge you.

danagrint
What's my middle name?

scurran
I only know the last two - Aragog was an Acromantula, and Flitwick is Filius. I'll let scurran do the others lol. Oh and zombieman, you can say what you want about me insulting others, but the first thing you said to the guy opening this thread was 'sod off'. Honestly, talk about casting the first stone...

ill try but they are hard

scurran
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Sorry to bother you, sir. Um, these are really obscure, some of them, but I tried to make them hard, sir:

1. Where did the four Hogwarts House founders live (from where did they come - these are general area descriptions)?

2. Name one Unspeakable other than Broderick Bode (there was, I think, only one other ever mentioned).

3. For the Quidditch World Cup, who was the site manager for the Diggory's campsite?

4. How old is Lucius Malfoy and where is his mansion?

5. What is Doris Purkiss's address?

6. Of what band is Stubby Boardman the lead singer?

7. How old is Sturgis Podmore and what is his address?

8. Name the house ghost of Ravenclaw House.

9. Why was Vicky Frobisher not chosen as Gryffindor Keeper to replace Oliver Wood?

10. According to Lupin, who almost lost an eye to the Whomping Willow?

11. What type of creature is/was Aragog?

12. What is Professor Flitwick's first name?

There are a few that I thought pretty difficult.

1. Dont know
2.Rookwood?
3.erm
4.41, wiltshire
5.erm
6. erm
7. erm
8. erm
9. because ron was chosen
10. erm
11.acromantula
12. filius

these are hard as hell

Darth L. Dipsit
Yeah, I know - I tried to make them difficult, and I think that I went way overboard. Sorry about that, sir. Here are the answers, in case you wanted them (the reference page numbers are given from the American version of the book, so if they do not work out then just look to chapter for reference):

1. Gryffindor was from "wild moor," Ravenclaw from "glen," Hufflepuff from "valley broad," and Slytherin from "fen." This is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, in the Sorting Hat's song (GoF, Chapter 12).

2. Unspeakables, or members of the Department of Mysteries, were seen and discussed very rarely. Broderick Bode was a prime example, though he was killed in the fifth book, of course, by the Devil's Snare at St. Mungo's. However, the first time Bode was seen, it was at the Quidditch World Cup, and he was with another Unspeakable, both of whom Arthur Weasley pointed out to Harry. This is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, where Mr. Weasley is pointing out Ministry officials to Harry. The other Unspeakable is named "Croaker" (GoF, Chapter Seven).

3. The only campsite manager with whom we became acquainted was Mr. Roberts, who was the Weasleys's campsite manager, though he ended up cast high into the air and levitated about with his family. When Basil was giving directions to the Diggorys and Weasleys after they arrived by portkey from Stoatshead Hill, he told Mr. Diggory to go to the campsite manager "Mr. Payne." This is the only time we ever hear of him. This is also from GoF (GoF, Chapter Seven).

4. You were, of course, right.

5. Doris Purkiss was the woman from that article from the fifth book that Kingsley Shacklebolt thought might give Sirius a laugh. She claimed that Sirius was innocent and that he was really Stubby Boardman, a singer. Her address was given as 18 Acanthia Way, Little Norton, at the start of the article, from OotP (OotP, Chapter Ten).

6. Boardman's band is also given as "The Hobgoblins" on the same page, on the same article as the address for Purkiss in OotP (OotP, Chapter Ten).

7. The article about how Sturgis was caught at the Ministry of Magic and was sent to Azkaban gave his age and address as 38 years old and "number two Laburnum Gardens, Clapham," respectively, in OotP (OotP, Chapter 14).

8. The Ravenclaw house ghost is the only one that often not expressed in the books, unlike the Fat Friar (Hufflepuff), Nearly-Headless Nick, or Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington (Gryffindor), or the Bloody Baron (Slytherin). However, the last ghost is named the Grey Lady, and she, though very inconspicuous much of the time, appears in the Philosopher's Stone when Harry and Ron search for the Mirror of Erised (PS, Chapter 12). The reason we know she is actually the official ghost of Ravenclaw makes the question unfair - this is a result of my own incompetence, however - I should have checked that it does NOT actually say so in any of the books. Instead, JKR actually gave this information out from her notes. However, the process of elimination of all the House Ghosts and the lack of background behind her also give the impression that she is the Ravenclaw ghost. My apologies, however, for the lack of clarity and the poor referencing in this question.

9. Frobisher tried out for Keeper and, being one of the best applicants, along with Geoffrey Hooper, was rejected, due to her many extracurricular committments and her statement that she placed charms club at a higher priority than she would Quidditch, in OotP (OotP, Chapter 13).

10. When Lupin is consoling Harry about Harry's broom being destroyed by the Whomping Willow he states that children used to make a game out of trying to get as close as possible to the tree, until a boy named Davey Gudgeon almost lost an eye, at which point it was forbidden to go near the tree (PoA, Chapter Ten).

11. This one was right.

12. This one was right as well, sir.

Sorry to have inconvenienced you. I hope that the answers were informative and clearer than the questions, sir. Erm, thanks very much for looking anyways, and I'd gladly try again, if you'd like, to make a better set of questions.

leana marie
lol... wow your good darth dipsit!!! ppl should be challenging you!!! anyway i have a question!!! what is harrys moms maiden name? or first last name till she married james potter?

scurran
Originally posted by leana marie
lol... wow your good darth dipsit!!! ppl should be challenging you!!! anyway i have a question!!! what is harrys moms maiden name? or first last name till she married james potter?

evans

zombieman
Actually, noone knows what his middle name is - Alphard was mentioned as Sirius' uncle, so some people thought that was his middle name, however someone noticed that arcturus was a constellation, just like Sirius - hence came ot the conclusion that that was his middle name. Personally, I don't even think it is Regulus.

All of the evidence would suggest that RAB is Regulus: first name starting in R, last name in B; a locket was found in the Black's residence (bit of a coincidence that voldemort lost one and the black's have one); and lastly, wasn't Regulus Black a deatheater? That would explain the way the note they found was worded.

However, I will admit that nothing in a JK Rowling book has ever had an obvious or predictable resolution.

scurran
All of the evidence would suggest that RAB is Regulus: first name starting in R, last name in B; a locket was found in the Black's residence (bit of a coincidence that voldemort lost one and the black's have one); and lastly, wasn't Regulus Black a deatheater? That would explain the way the note they found was worded.

However, I will admit that nothing in a JK Rowling book has ever had an obvious or predictable resolution.

Yeah alot of people have said stuff like that

zombieman
They certainly have.

scurran
do you believe any of the other theories

zombieman
Personally, I'm about 90% sure it's Regulus; but I accept the possibility that we could be in for another of JK's HUGE unexpected twists.

dansdaman
what kind of wood is hermione's wand?

Darth L. Dipsit
Good question. This is an accidental double-post, by the way. My post below was a repeat of this, so I modified this one to explain. My apologies for the trouble.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by leana marie

I am very honored! Thanks very much, although there are people much more knowledgable than I. I truly appreciate the good words.

scurran
Originally posted by dansdaman
what kind of wood is hermione's wand?

ash?

scurran
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Yeah, I know - I tried to make them difficult, and I think that I went way overboard. Sorry about that, sir. Here are the answers, in case you wanted them (the reference page numbers are given from the American version of the book, so if they do not work out then just look to chapter for reference):

1. Gryffindor was from "wild moor," Ravenclaw from "glen," Hufflepuff from "valley broad," and Slytherin from "fen." This is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, in the Sorting Hat's song (GoF, Chapter 12).

2. Unspeakables, or members of the Department of Mysteries, were seen and discussed very rarely. Broderick Bode was a prime example, though he was killed in the fifth book, of course, by the Devil's Snare at St. Mungo's. However, the first time Bode was seen, it was at the Quidditch World Cup, and he was with another Unspeakable, both of whom Arthur Weasley pointed out to Harry. This is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, where Mr. Weasley is pointing out Ministry officials to Harry. The other Unspeakable is named "Croaker" (GoF, Chapter Seven).

3. The only campsite manager with whom we became acquainted was Mr. Roberts, who was the Weasleys's campsite manager, though he ended up cast high into the air and levitated about with his family. When Basil was giving directions to the Diggorys and Weasleys after they arrived by portkey from Stoatshead Hill, he told Mr. Diggory to go to the campsite manager "Mr. Payne." This is the only time we ever hear of him. This is also from GoF (GoF, Chapter Seven).

4. You were, of course, right.

5. Doris Purkiss was the woman from that article from the fifth book that Kingsley Shacklebolt thought might give Sirius a laugh. She claimed that Sirius was innocent and that he was really Stubby Boardman, a singer. Her address was given as 18 Acanthia Way, Little Norton, at the start of the article, from OotP (OotP, Chapter Ten).

6. Boardman's band is also given as "The Hobgoblins" on the same page, on the same article as the address for Purkiss in OotP (OotP, Chapter Ten).

7. The article about how Sturgis was caught at the Ministry of Magic and was sent to Azkaban gave his age and address as 38 years old and "number two Laburnum Gardens, Clapham," respectively, in OotP (OotP, Chapter 14).

8. The Ravenclaw house ghost is the only one that often not expressed in the books, unlike the Fat Friar (Hufflepuff), Nearly-Headless Nick, or Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington (Gryffindor), or the Bloody Baron (Slytherin). However, the last ghost is named the Grey Lady, and she, though very inconspicuous much of the time, appears in the Philosopher's Stone when Harry and Ron search for the Mirror of Erised (PS, Chapter 12). The reason we know she is actually the official ghost of Ravenclaw makes the question unfair - this is a result of my own incompetence, however - I should have checked that it does NOT actually say so in any of the books. Instead, JKR actually gave this information out from her notes. However, the process of elimination of all the House Ghosts and the lack of background behind her also give the impression that she is the Ravenclaw ghost. My apologies, however, for the lack of clarity and the poor referencing in this question.

9. Frobisher tried out for Keeper and, being one of the best applicants, along with Geoffrey Hooper, was rejected, due to her many extracurricular committments and her statement that she placed charms club at a higher priority than she would Quidditch, in OotP (OotP, Chapter 13).

10. When Lupin is consoling Harry about Harry's broom being destroyed by the Whomping Willow he states that children used to make a game out of trying to get as close as possible to the tree, until a boy named Davey Gudgeon almost lost an eye, at which point it was forbidden to go near the tree (PoA, Chapter Ten).

11. This one was right.

12. This one was right as well, sir.

Sorry to have inconvenienced you. I hope that the answers were informative and clearer than the questions, sir. Erm, thanks very much for looking anyways, and I'd gladly try again, if you'd like, to make a better set of questions.

rookwood was also an unspeakable too

Darth L. Dipsit
Really? It says that? If so, good job - you beat me at my own quiz, sir.

scurran
well that is my job

Darth L. Dipsit
Oh yeah - it does say that Rookwood works for the Department of Mysteries in the "The Pensieve" chapter, so I suppose I've got to give that one to you. But are all Mysteries employees Unspeakables? I was never sure if it was meant that all were or just the lower employees, or the ones in the field. However, it would make sense for all of them to be Unspeakables anyways. But good work, Mr. scurran, sir!

dansdaman
nope its not ash

zombieman
What was Voldemort's first line after he returned in Goblet of Fire?

scurran
something about having gone further than anyone before

scurran
nope its not ash

Beech?

scurran
i want people to challenge my knowledge of the incantations

im getting rather bored

dansdaman
Originally posted by scurran
Beech?

nope

dansdaman
its vine...ooooooohhh you want incantations...sorry, my bad....umm.... lets start off with something rather easy......expelliarmus!

cassi scott
avada kabra

scurran
its vine...ooooooohhh you want incantations...sorry, my bad....umm.... lets start off with something rather easy......expelliarmus!

disarming charm

scurran
Originally posted by cassi scott
avada kabra

killing curse

and its avada kedavra

danagrint
Originally posted by cassi scott
avada kabra

LOL! priceless...

The_Corona
What is the password for the Prefects bathroom in the Goblet of Fire?(Chapter- The egg and the eye. i think thats what its called)
Hint:Cedric gives Harry the password earlier on in the book.

The_Corona
The answer to the above question is..... Pine-fresh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.