Infinite Crisis #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Read it. Loved it. Anyone feel the same.

One minor peg: Some parts were absolutely confunding because I didn't read some of the previous arcs. Like the Rann-Thangar War.

willRules
Can you post any scans of it please?

jrodslam
Wait wait wait! I thought it was delayed because of the holiday?

It did come out on time? Please reply quickly.

Draco69
It came out TODAY. October 12. Better hurry...

The Ion
Awesome issue. Loved how the Trinity really stuck it to each other.

Infinite Crisis 2 cover is here. You can tell what happened in #1 from the cover.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/timmydrake/INCRCv2.jpg

olympian
Ah its Golden Age SUperman coming back after all eh?

At leas those are the spoilers i read of.

Why didnt i made bets on this, money would be chilling in these pockets.

Draco69
Yep. And Powergirl FINALLY has sensical history.

olympian
I wonder what her origin will be now.

Draco69
By the cover (and the new Supergirl series) it should be quite obvious Powergirl is.......
*SPOILERS!*

Pre-Crisis (Earth-2) Supergirl

The Ion
Earth 2 Supergirl

Draco beat me to it. That pic is representing her family.

GalacticStorm
So who was the supergirl that got killed in Crisis? Where was she from?

olympian
Lets see how this will be played out.

Btw Draco, wasent Donna in her new series revealed to be one of the persons who remembers everything that happened in crisis?

And so the Titans could use her and get a "world" to rule or something?

long pig
Dude, at the end.....""THIS IS A JOB FOR SUPERMAN."

Awesome.

Draco69
Originally posted by olympian
Lets see how this will be played out.

Btw Draco, wasent Donna in her new series revealed to be one of the persons who remembers everything that happened in crisis?

And so the Titans could use her and get a "world" to rule or something?

Yes. She's the ONE. She's connected to every universe there was and remembers all her lifes.

Draco69
Originally posted by long pig
Dude, at the end.....""THIS IS A JOB FOR SUPERMAN."

Awesome.

Yep. And longpig...Deathstroke sucks. How dare he kill a poor, defenseless little girl like Phantom Lady.

The Ion
Freedom Fighters put up a better fight than I imagined they would.

long pig
It was positively evil, wasn't it? evil face

And, PSHH, Wonder Woman tried to kill Mongul, so don't throw stones. stick out tongue

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
Freedom Fighters put up a better fight than I imagined they would.

More like the Human Bomb and Uncle Sam.

Human Bomb managed to take Doctor Polaris with him.

And Uncle Sam was fighting till the bitter end.

long pig
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/INCRCv2.jpgeek!

I'm a sucker for this type of stuff...embarrasment

The Ion
I don't know if Polaris is dead. He definitely lost a hand though.

long pig
Aye, this was a good line from Batman:"You(Superman) haven't been inspiring since you died."

Draco69
Wonder Woman was acting REALLY weird though. She doesn't kill without reason. Including Mongul.

I like when she sliced Superman's hands. Lots of symbolism in that scene.

The Ion
The entire Trinity is acting weird. The Wonder Woman thing as mentioned, Superman being incredibly whiny, Batman being an even bigger dick than usual (who thought that possible?).

Draco69
I think something's screwing with their personalities. Something that's making EVERYONE irrational.

It does make sense. Nightwing. Green Lantern. The JLA. The Spectre. Everyone is going absolutely NUTS.

The Ion
I'm thinking it relates to the multiverse. Power Girl went nuts when coming in contact with Supergirl because they're practically the same person. Kal-L's presence could be causing our Kal-El to act crazy too.

Might be a lot more old friends returning than I thought.

Draco69
True. I like that theory.

Khellendros
Motherf*ckers.

MOTHERF*CKERS!

I can't believe I've gotten drawn into DC comics again. I will RUIN MY COMIC SHOP WITH MY ANGER... or just buy those miniseries that led up to all this. Damnit.

Draco69
You couldn't get the issue could ya? I was lucky. I managed to grab one of the last 5 on the shelf.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Draco69
You couldn't get the issue could ya? I was lucky. I managed to grab one of the last 5 on the shelf.
Some dumbass made the mistake of sitting his stack of stuff on top of a shelf while he pawed through some boxes. Dingus left his issue sitting right on top of it, too. I'd be more ashamed of myself if I HADN'T taken it.

Draco69
Sorry sad

yahman
I think something's screwing with their personalities. Something that's making EVERYONE irrational.

It does make sense. Nightwing. Green Lantern. The JLA. The Spectre. Everyone is going absolutely NUTS.

I've got two words for you .... Anti Monitor

Khellendros
Sorry sad
Why? I'm not the one who left empty handed.

snoopdogg
There was actually two covers for issue #1.

I was lucky enough to get both.

The Ion
Every issue is going to have 2 covers. George Perez and Jim Lee.

snoopdogg
Yep. And longpig...Deathstroke sucks. How dare he kill a poor, defenseless little girl like Phantom Lady. He also killed a helpless pregnant Chesire in Villains United #6 with a sniper rifle.

That dude is one mean motherf*cker.

long pig
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He also killed a helpless pregnant Chesire in Villains United #6 with a sniper rifle.

That dude is one mean motherf*cker.

I thought she was lying about being pregnant and that's why they didn't kill her, and when Slade found out, he capped her.

snoopdogg
I thought she was lying about being pregnant and that's why they didn't kill her, and when Slade found out, he capped her. I got the message that she didnt know fore sure if she was or not.

Cause when she left to go outside she said "If I did conceive, ill tell her about you".

long pig
That's just....mean....evil face

Khellendros
Goddamnit, SAY SPOILERS! I just got done with Villains United 5!

jrodslam
Yesss! I made it to my local comic shop and picked Villains United and Infinate Crisis!

Alot of people are dying around DC. I wonder what theyre going to do with Ray?

I also picked up JLA, and Billy was able to spit out the word SHAZAM! Whew. Hopefully he can play a big part once he gets back into action. DC is taking up all my money.

Draco69
Interesting quote from Greg Rucka writer of Wonder Woman:

"Superman catching the blade prevents anyone from knowing Diana's intention; Superman catches the blade because he believes he knows the intent--not because he does know the intent."

I think Diana just psyched Batman and Superman out to see if they trust her. And they clearly don't

8bitChris
I picked up the issue even though i'm not that DC savvy. It looks like I wasn't invited to the party. (My store had plenty of issues btw.)

I found it to be a little too cluttered. It jumped around too much. (I didn't read the minis, but I read summaries.)

The expected murder of more DC nobodies was there. It's sad that they threw some characters into the fodder just because they needed the villains to kill some people because they are bad.

It was good, but it didn't blow me away. It didn't live up to the hype for me; but then again with as much hyping of IC as they did I don't think anything short of Jesus could have blown me away.

I'm definately hoping the Anti-Monitor "doesn't" show up. Otherwise, we'll just be getting the same damn story we got 20 years ago. Just a little recycled.

"This looks like a job for Superman" was classic though. The last page was good.

I'm not going to be picking up that "52" series now though..but i'll probably finish IC.

Draco69
If you didn't read the any of the prior runs leading to Infinite Crisis or at least have some idea of what happened than you would be completely lost.

And I disagree with it "jumping around" Johns had to do it in case nobody read the fallouts of Villains United, Day of Vengenance, and so on. And it is supposed to be "universal threat". So it couldn't just focus on the Trinity.

8bitChris
You don't disagree with it jumping around if you're admitting that Johns "had to do it."

However, i'll just assume you meant that you disagree with my statement that it jumped around "too much."

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Maybe this will finally clean up all the garbage that was the result of the first Crisis on DC continuity.

Avalonofthewind
It was a cool issue. Loved the "This looks like a job for Superman" and Bats basically telling Supes to BE A SUPERMAN.
Dc's taking all my extra cash away...and I dont mind.

By the way, when does issue 2 come out? I dont want to miss any of these...

kevdude
woo it came out today??? dang it just seemed like it was 6 months ago laughing out loud , well i better get to my comic shop tomorrow to see if they have anymore bunny

olympian
-Spoilers-

Here is the interested page of the issue, for who wants to see.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=051013002055

And yes, you can all laught of that banner up. Its cool.

Pointinel
how the fuq do you follow/read the entire storyline!?!?

there's at least 500+ ic related issues all from last year!!! all important for the main storyline!!! mad WTF!!!

BUT ISSUE 1 IS GREAT!!! smile

manjaro
even though my comic guy was playing cat and mouse with me i always new it would have something to do with infinfte crisis, in thepic you see alex luthor, superboy of earth5 and supes and lois from earth2, i dont know how powergirl comes into this but i hope he has a concise origina story cuz in Zero Hour crisis she went into labor and gave birth for crying out loud! then she was atlantean, then she's kryptonian agin WTF is up with all the retconning man?

long pig
Nah, if you read the one storyline, you'll be fine.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
It was a cool issue. Loved the "This looks like a job for Superman" and Bats basically telling Supes to BE A SUPERMAN.
Dc's taking all my extra cash away...and I dont mind.

By the way, when does issue 2 come out? I dont want to miss any of these...
I thought that was awesome, too. Pre-Crisis Superman says it at the end and you're like...oh shit....

8bitChris
Is it Pre-Crisis or Earth 2 Superman? Or is Pre-Crisis going to show up anyway?

Someone did do something to J'Onn and the JLA clubhouse?

The Ion
It's Earth 2 Supes. Earth 1 Supes is the one we call Pre Crisis, the one who was juggling planets. Superboy is from Earth Prime.

8bitChris
I knew that much.

He's my prediction right now.

Same story as the original Crisis. Barry Allen shows up and DC fans go bonkers even though his death should have remained sacred.

The Ion
Barry will obviously show up. He's supposed to be there for the worst 3 days of Wally West's life and only 2 of those have happened (Flash 200 and Flash 224).

yahman
It's Earth 2 Supes. Earth 1 Supes is the one we call Pre Crisis, the one who was juggling planets. Superboy is from Earth Prime.

Whose Stronger Earth Prime Superboy or Earth 2 Superman ?

Where does Pre Crisis Darksied feature in all this ?

The Ion
I would say Earth 2 Superman is stronger. This guy was tossing asteroid's at Anti-Monitor during the Crisis so he's probably a planet mover. Earth Prime Superboy is still stronger than the present Superman I believe.

Pre Crisis Darkseid embarrasses them all. Truly unlimited physical strength.

yahman
I would say Earth 2 Superman is stronger. This guy was tossing asteroid's at Anti-Monitor during the Crisis so he's probably a planet mover. Earth Prime Superboy is still stronger than the present Superman I believe.

Pre Crisis Darkseid embarrasses them all. Truly unlimited physical strength.

But will he return ? smile

The Ion
Darkseid returning with his PC power levels would be most glorious. big grin

8bitChris
Barry will obviously show up. He's supposed to be there for the worst 3 days of Wally West's life and only 2 of those have happened (Flash 200 and Flash 224).

Well you and I should try to act a little surprised when he does show up then. laughing

yahman

ALot of people think the Anti Monitor will return also. Something to do with Phsyco Pirate being an Avatar ? smile

Draco69
I just noticed something BIG. Anyone notice when the Bat-Signal appeared on the Spectre? Spectre is without a human host...

Is it possible that Batman will become the new host for the Spectre? Think about it. It DOES make sense. Batman, the Dark Knight of VENGENCE.

yahman
I just noticed something BIG. Anyone notice when the Bat-Signal appeared on the Spectre? Spectre is without a human host...

Is it possible that Batman will become the new host for the Spectre? Think about it. It DOES make sense. Batman, the Dark Knight of VENGENCE.

Maybe ..... But i can assure you it will be temporary. I have sources..... Its a shame cos i know the biggest event of the whole miniserries.

The Ion
Anything involving Wayne not being Batman will always be temporary but the thought of him as The Spectre did run through my mind. That was a real nice image in IC#1. smile

yahman
Anything involving Wayne not being Batman will always be temporary but the thought of him as The Spectre did run through my mind. That was a real nice image in IC#1. smile

Aaahhhhhhhhhhh but you are mistaken also 'Mwooohahahahah'

'Anything involving Wayne not being Batman will always be temporary'

'Mwooohahahahah' wink

Juntai
I'm thinking Maxwell Lord will be punished into being The Spectre, honestly, as he's held role of both hero and villain and died very symbollically. And his "evil"-ness was more POV based than anything, he was looking to save man from the tyranny of heros who would change history and wipe minds to shape the future how they see fit...

Juntai
Originally posted by yahman
Aaahhhhhhhhhhh but you are mistaken also 'Mwooohahahahah'

'Anything involving Wayne not being Batman will always be temporary'

'Mwooohahahahah' wink He is correct though, regardless of how long "temporary" may be... in the end, Bruce Wayne will be Batman.

yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
He is correct though, regardless of how long "temporary" may be... in the end, Bruce Wayne will be Batman.

Thats not what i've heard ..... whistling1

Juntai
Also, for the personality changes you guys have been noticing... this has been going for some time now, and most of the characters associated with our beloved heros have been having "WTF?!" panels too. Since around the time of the identity crisis.

Juntai
And given that Nightwing in his newest issue donned a new Red costume, and was looking for a name... I'm left to assume that he'll become Red Robin from Kingdom come.

Juntai
Originally posted by yahman
Thats not what i've heard ..... whistling1 It may change, and it may even be for a decent period of time, but the fans alone won't accept Batman being someone besides Bruce Wayne for very long. For nearly as long as I've been able to remember, Batman has always been the top selling comics.. If you look at the annual diamond counts, Batman has been 5 of the top ten for the last few years for example..
Batman is Bruce in the comics.
In the cartoons.
In the action figures.
In the Begins movie, and its upcoming sequels.

Fans simply won't have it any other way.

Draco69
People said the SAME thing about Green Lantern and the Flash. And look what happened.

The Ion
Well, Hal Jordan is back as the star Green Lantern. The Flash is a mantle based around a changing of the guard. From Jay to Barry to Wally to Bart (you know its coming) to someone else after him.

Draco69
All true, but the mantle of the Bat can be passed on as well.

8bitChris
Hopefully they do pass it on and it sticks this time.

Juntai
All true, but the mantle of the Bat can be passed on as well. And will eventually come full circle, similar to the others.

The Ion
It's ability to stick depends on fan reaction. Dick Grayson is probably the only person they could make Batman and not have fans all over the world going crazy. I still think the Bat fans are too stuck on Bruce though. It took 10 years of whining by the Hal fans to get him back as GL but it did happen, even though Kyle's book was selling well and he has plenty of fans.

Avalonofthewind

I've always thought that was the reason DC put the guy on the source wall. I remember when cyborg was there, highfather wasnt too happy about it because if he accessed even a miniscule amount of source energy, he would have been powered up ridiculously.

I believe Darkseid may be the one to prove this.

long pig
I wish this would happen:

Barry comes back and Wally dies.
Slade becomes Batman! eek!
Pre-Crisis Superman comes back and kills the New guy.
PC Darkseid comes back.
New green lantern, possibly a chick.
Nightwing dies.

Khellendros
Yahman, stop being such a little tease and share the info!

long pig
Has there ever been a Green Lantern that was a broad?

Draco69
Yes. There were tons.

And PROOF that IC isn't turning the DC back to the lame days:
MARK WAID: "AaaaAAAAAaaaaaaugh. All I said - ALL I said - was, in my own words, a reiteration of what Dan Didio's been saying at conventions for months: that it's always darkest before the dawn. That, yes, there IS a pervasive darkness in ALL DCU books right now, but with purpose - it's all part of what's leading to IC.

"Part of the POST-IC mission statement is to rediversify the "feel" of the DCU, because while it can and should have its intense moments - all drama should and must - it's not going to grow so relentlessly dour that all DC books should be read with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a loaded gun in the other. This unusually grim, post-Identity Crisis, pre-Infinite Crisis period in the DCU was designed to BE dark with PURPOSE - suggesting that it's LEADING somewhere. No one, nohow, nowhere at DC is suggesting we "turn back the clock" or "look backward" or "return to" anything, and despite the best efforts of some to put those words in my mouth , I've said NOTHING to that effect. With the record cleared, I return you now to your Human Answer Machine."

The Ion
Has there ever been a Green Lantern that was a broad?
Katma Tui and shes one of the best GL's ever,

Pointinel

Laminator_X
I'm thinking either Crime Syndicate Ultraman (Pre Crisis Earth-3/Post Crisis Earth-2) or Overman (from Psycho-Pirate's "Crisis" visions in Animal Man someyears back) as Martian Manhunter's bushwhacker.

"This is a job for Superman!" gave me chills.

The Ion
Well that list looks worse than it actually is considering it counts 2nd and 3rd prints plus alternate covers. Some of that stuff is hardly needed. GL: Rebirth 4? Come on.

8bitChris
If you want to buy all those IC related comics..I counted 206 but I could be wrong. Let's assume they are standard 2.99 price or 3.00 just for the sake of it.

That's $618 bucks for a completist. If you add the 52 series which is the result of IC (A weekly comic for uh..52 comics.) then it's $774.00.

If you do buy it all and feel like selling the lot though it'll probably go for a lot higher on Ebay.

willRules
Originally posted by Khellendros
Yahman, stop being such a little tease and share the info!

He already told me what it is but I said i'd keep it a secret stick out tongue

manjaro
all you gotta do when it comes to that and do like me and wait til it comes out in TPB. even tho DC takes 4ever to release them, they ususally end up being about 6-8 bucks cheaper in the long run

The Ion
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
So who was the supergirl that got killed in Crisis? Where was she from?
Earth 1 and yeah this answer is a tad late. sad

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I'm thinking either Crime Syndicate Ultraman (Pre Crisis Earth-3/Post Crisis Earth-2) or Overman (from Psycho-Pirate's "Crisis" visions in Animal Man someyears back) as Martian Manhunter's bushwhacker.

"This is a job for Superman!" gave me chills.

Damn, you took it wayyyyyyyyyyy back. I remember that issue where the precrisis characters were escaping psycho pirates "mask."

Avalonofthewind
So guys...when does #2 come out? Anyone know?

The Ion

long pig
I got 3 dollars on Batman becoming the Spectre.

Superherovandal
I got 1 buck on either Ted Kord, Jason Todd, Maxwell Lord, or Nightwing.

long pig

Superherovandal
http://thekryptonian.com/images/comics/infinitecrisis.gif

this is a pic i found.

long pig
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/658/658377/a-house-of-infinite-crisis-20051013074017489.jpg
See Batman opposite of Spectre? I mean, Batman IS all about vengeance, this role would be natural for him.

The Ion
I'm betting Max Lord. That is if Corrigan doesn't come back which I think he will. Another hero becoming The Spectre would just be a repeat of the Hal Jordan situation.

Laminator_X
Damn, you took it wayyyyyyyyyyy back. I remember that issue where the precrisis characters were escaping psycho pirates "mask."

Interestingly, both" Animal Man" and the "JLA:Earth Two" story were written by Grant Morrison. Go figure.

Say, who's that at 11 o'clock in the issue #4 cover up there? Aminal Man!

jrodslam
Interestingly, both" Animal Man" and the "JLA:Earth Two" story were written by Grant Morrison. Go figure.

Issue #4 cover? I think that the alternate #1 cover. And i thik its Superboy.

Laminator_X
No no, look farther up. Ion posted a link.

jrodslam
Ahh ok i saw. Yes that was Animal Man.

Juntai
Why do people keep talking "Pre Crisis Darkseid" and wishing he would "come back"?
Darkseid is Darkseid.
He avoided the Crisis re-write by using his power to meld his being and planet with the current continuum during the COIE.
It's the SAME GUY.
He's just had a couple of bad showings against Superman in like the last two years..., other than that, he still dominates everyone else I've seen him fight. ... Well, Orion, but he said back in day that Orion would likely one day be more powerful than he. Although the day hasn't come yet, he did give DS a fight.

Superherovandal
did anyone even look at my pic on page 5?

The Ion
Originally posted by Superherovandal
did anyone even look at my pic on page 5?
It's the cover to Countdown to Infinite Crisis which came out early this year. Pretty good read.

Superherovandal
doesn't that show Nightwing dead? on the cover I mean.

The Ion
No. That's Blue Beetle.

The Ion
Can't believe nobody picked up on this. Maybe DC's been planning this since 1999. Hell, the original crisis was in the works for almost as long.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/CapedMan/Kingdom02.jpg

8bitChris
I saw that at Newsarama.

The Ion
Yeah, thats where I got it. I never took notice of it while reading The Kingdom, mostly because that story was awful.

8bitChris
I don't know if they were planning the Crisis that long...but they could have started looking for a way to bring him back or somthing along those lines..

olympian
"Why do people keep talking "Pre Crisis Darkseid" and wishing he would "come back"?
Darkseid is Darkseid.
He avoided the Crisis re-write by using his power to meld his being and planet with the current continuum during the COIE.
It's the SAME GUY.
He's just had a couple of bad showings against Superman in like the last two years"

He is the same guy, yeah. Just with an extreme low powerset compared with what he was.

And not just since two years ago.

Avalonofthewind

Avalonofthewind

Ah, I wasnt the only one to notice that then...As soon as I knew Morrison was in the background somewhere, I had a feeling OG supes would return...he loves the character.

Laminator_X
Frankly, I thought the endcaps with OG Supes were the best thing about the Kingdom. A little Super-Dickery should knock the angst out of the current DC croud. Eegad, they whine more than the X-Men these days.

Avalonofthewind
Can't believe nobody picked up on this. Maybe DC's been planning this since 1999. Hell, the original crisis was in the works for almost as long.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/CapedMan/Kingdom02.jpg

Hmmm....could it be?.....stick out tongue

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supesprime.jpg

long pig
Hmmm....could it be?.....stick out tongue

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supesprime.jpg

I don't get it...sad

Explain! mad

Juntai
"Why do people keep talking "Pre Crisis Darkseid" and wishing he would "come back"?
Darkseid is Darkseid.
It's the SAME GUY.
He's just had a couple of bad showings against Superman in like the last two years"

He is the same guy, yeah. Just with an extreme low powerset compared with what he was.

And not just since two years ago. Low power moments, just like Galactus, and it started for the time with him at low power against Doomsday, in Hunter Prey, he specifically said he was at low power.. then he powered up again later... and then apperently something right around the conclusion of Our Worlds at War depowered him, and then in Superman/Batman Loeb thought it would be funny to have Supes beat his ass like 4 times.

Juntai
I don't get it...sad

Explain! mad
Check the hair, face structure and wink. between the two pictures.
wink

jrodslam
Is......That.....Prime?

Juntai
Obviously.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by jrodslam
Is......That.....Prime?

LOL

NAHHHHHHHHHH it mary poppins

LOL

yes it's prime

jrodslam
mad

The Ion
Infinite Crisis Death Toll

Blue Beetle
Rocket Red Seven
Maxwell Lord
Hawkwoman
The Wizard Shazam
Hyena
Fiddler
Cheshire
Parademon
The Ratcatcher
Condor
Phantom Lady
Human Bomb
Uncle Sam (for now)
Pariah
Indigo
Dr. Polaris

jrodslam
A few of those are possibles.

But i guess they stand for now.

Laminator_X
You can bet a couple of those will be back before this is over. Tere'll be more to come as well.

Mainstream

Blue Beetle
Rocket Red Seven
Maxwell Lord
Hawkwoman
The Wizard Shazam
Hyena
Fiddler
Cheshire
Parademon
The Ratcatcher
Condor
Phantom Lady
Human Bomb
Uncle Sam (for now)
Pariah
Indigo
Dr. Polaris not the top...anyone but the top.

manjaro
i8 thought when the human bomb dies it had something to do with the alternate timline of batman/superman when events were manipulated

OB1-adobe
Why are they doing Infinity crisis again?

Tron
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/658/658377/a-house-of-infinite-crisis-20051013074017489.jpg
See Batman opposite of Spectre? I mean, Batman IS all about vengeance, this role would be natural for him.

Yeah, but he's not about Vengeance, he's about justice. And if it does happen, it'll definitely be temporary, cause Batman's not about killing anyone for the sake of vengeance. Unless that changes in the next few issues though...

Juntai
What I figure is that Batman will lock himself in Arkam after realising that he's ****ing nutzo.
Robin is going to become Nightwing, judging by one of the latest titans books, of him holding the old feather NW costume.
Which is made sense by the fact that Nightwing has now pretty much donned the Red Robin costume, minus the black mask, and is training Ravager, and apprently will be learning from Deathstroke.

Where I'm lost is...
Who will be Batman?

olympian
Rumors say its going to be Grayson.

Ill be pleasanty surprised if it ends up being Todd. The most "hated" Robin becoming Batman? Priceless.

Or him becoming the new Nightwing so that Tim continues being Robin.

yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
What I figure is that Batman will lock himself in Arkam after realising that he's ****ing nutzo.
Robin is going to become Nightwing, judging by one of the latest titans books, of him holding the old feather NW costume.
Which is made sense by the fact that Nightwing has now pretty much donned the Red Robin costume, minus the black mask, and is training Ravager, and apprently will be learning from Deathstroke.

Where I'm lost is...
Who will be Batman?

Ummmmm who told you ??????? confused big grin

OB1-adobe
Rumors say its going to be Grayson.

Ill be pleasanty surprised if it ends up being Todd. The most "hated" Robin becoming Batman? Priceless.

Or him becoming the new Nightwing so that Tim continues being Robin.

I thought Jason Todd was dead.

If he came back, why, and more importantly how?

long pig
http://home.comcast.net/~ketubah/tonermishap/comics/superman-dick-large.jpg

This dickhead is coming back? Do we really want that??

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

The Ion
Thats the wrong Superman, thankfully.

8bitChris

Blue Beetle
Rocket Red Seven
Maxwell Lord
Hawkwoman
The Wizard Shazam
Hyena
Fiddler
Cheshire
Parademon
The Ratcatcher
Condor
Phantom Lady
Human Bomb
Uncle Sam (for now)
Pariah
Indigo
Dr. Polaris

How can DC afford to get rid of such top notch money making characters?!?

olympian
"This dickhead is coming back? Do we really want that??"

I think the one who will come back and "stay" its the original. The Golden age.

" I thought Jason Todd was dead."

He came back. At least everything points to that and Winnick who is writting the whole thing, says so.

"If he came back, why, and more importantly how?"

Why? Probably because of Hush and how everyone became shocked/amazed when everyone tought it was him behind all of it. Fans response generated curiosity that DC took advantage. "Hated" or not, he is a character with mistery and that everyone talks to.

Kinda like a cult character if you get my grief.

The how hasent been explained yet.

Its probably tied with infinite crisis.

Or the Lazarus pitt that Loeb was due to use when everyone tough it was him at Hush.

yahman
Originally posted by 8bitChris

Mann i thought i was cynical ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
Well it prevents people from complaining like you're doing with Joe Q.

8bitChris
Well it prevents people from complaining like you're doing with Joe Q.

I complain about some of the things he does, that's natural. However, a lot of the things going on right now are very exciting too.

Digging through the garbage bins in DC limbo to look for sacrificial fodder isn't all that appealing to me though...It's just using them as a plot device for the sake of "killing" some people. What's the point in having a "Death toll" for no apparant reason other than, "In a 'good' story, a bunch of people HAVE TO DIE."

I'm hoping the one significant death of the whole thing is worth it.

Of course you're free to disagree with my assessment. No hard feelings.

The Ion
No hard feelings at all. I enjoy reading your opinions but just remember that Crisis is only just starting. One of the big 7 is practically guaranteed to bite the big one.

OB1-adobe
I just picked it up today.

Batman's line to Superman:

"you haven't been inspiring since you died."

laughing Oh what a ***** splap.

Basically referring to the fact that nobody has really cared about Sups since the death/return saga.

and especially coming from Batman.

Mr. I'm the character that runs DC's buisness

Draco69
I complain about some of the things he does, that's natural. However, a lot of the things going on right now are very exciting too.

Digging through the garbage bins in DC limbo to look for sacrificial fodder isn't all that appealing to me though...It's just using them as a plot device for the sake of "killing" some people. What's the point in having a "Death toll" for no apparant reason other than, "In a 'good' story, a bunch of people HAVE TO DIE."

I'm hoping the one significant death of the whole thing is worth it.

Of course you're free to disagree with my assessment. No hard feelings.

*cough* Disassembled.

Hawkeye; F*** you Bendis!

Draco69
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I just picked it up today.

Batman's line to Superman:

"you haven't been inspiring since you died."

laughing Oh what a ***** splap.

Basically referring to the fact that nobody has really cared about Sups since the death/return saga.

and especially coming from Batman.

Mr. I'm the character that runs DC's buisness

No. He was saying Superman fails to inspire people to do things in the name of justice. He detracts himself from the limelight. Like Flash says: "Superman flys above people". He saves people and the world...but that's it. He doesn't use his influence to inspire and propagate the world to do better things. Like WW does.

Superman should say "When's the last time you actually solved a crime?"

8bitChris
*cough* Disassembled.

Hawkeye; F*** you Bendis!

Exactly.

Well, if you love Hawkeye, She-Hulk is going to try and bring him back. (I read She-Hulk 2 #1)

She got involved in some "time" trial with some sort of time law enforcement. "Clint Barton" was selected to be one of the jurors and She-Hulk is not allowed to alter time in any way but she is going to do it so that she can bring Hawkeye back to life.

Vision has also been rebuilt. (again :P)

Normally i'm not a big fan of resurrections but the Hawkeye one is pretty creative lol. Plus he shouldn't have died in the first place.

Poor Ant man and Jack of Hearts..(Who cares right?) haha

OB1-adobe
No. He was saying Superman fails to inspire people to do things in the name of justice. He detracts himself from the limelight. Like Flash says: "Superman flys above people". He saves people and the world...but that's it. He doesn't use his influence to inspire and propagate the world to do better things. Like WW does.

Superman should say "When's the last time you actually solved a crime?"

If you look at the big picture it means both ways.

In the comic world it means what you said.

In the real world it means that the general public does not give a shit about supes and his continiuing story. Why do you think there is an anti-superman thread in the sup forums.

The Ion
I don't buy that. Superman sure has a lot of haters but his books still sell among the best for DC every month. Only ones that sell better are Batman (only by a couple thousand), JLA, Superman/Batman, and Teen Titans. Of course, Superman is one of the main characters of JLA and Superman/Batman. It's certainly unfair to claim people don't care.

manjaro
i totally get what bats is saying, cuz if you check the ratio superman is still adamant about his boy scoutism.....he has said time and time again that he doesnt want to do for humanity what they can do for them selves. most opertively in the " for tommorrow" arc where that priest asked him if he could cure his cancer, which supes replyed yes, but then everyone would want him to do the same for them too.

he as also said that if he goes out of his way to save everybody everywhere, not only would ppl look up to him as a god but they would also be reckless, and that what he's trying to avoid...i guess the latter makes sense, cuz if you look at Lois Lane for example, she's always putting herself in precarious death defying positions cuz she knows that if she's falling off a building, or staring down the barrels of high powered rifles, supes will be there to catch her, or for the fact that he got his ears tuned to the frequncy of her heartbeat. so manking would get lax and care free.

also his big thing is how much he has to go out of his way to show that democracy his the right way to do things, cuz he could easily smash all the bad govts. out there but he doesnt wat to be used as a weapon...all that is cool to an extent, but the one thing that always gets to me is the fact that it seems him and prof. xavier were separated at birth with thier lame and worn out mantra of "no one has the right to kill, no matter what.......there's always another way." that is so grade school take for example how mongul was threatening to drink from there skulls and put it on his mantle, he proceded to own all three of them with the intent to kill, yet when WW was gonna lay her sword on him supes grabbed the blade, and was went off on his lecture about how killing is wrong.

so thats what the bat is talking about, supes thinks that ppl are gonna see him do some good and thier hearts are just gonna be filled with inspiration and just run out into the streets by the thousand and start helping thier fellow man, and thats just juvenile to think thats ever gonna happen

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>