Non profit organization, question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Yo has anyone ever heard of COTA...the Children's Organ Transplant Association?

They have a lovely site and all, but I want "outside" opinions.

point: I'd like the "profits" from the book I'm publishing to go to some organ transplant non-profit group that helps pay for and raise awareness about organ transplants....

Any help would be hot:-) Happy Dance

ash007
Well best thing speak to the agency that is publishing your book, they ten will probably make up a contract where your profits could given to a chartable cause.

Julie
It's a self published book....

ash007
i see but who will people buy the book?

Julie
Well, I suppose it's mainly aimed at those who like mysteries, Christians, general fictions buffs, and those who like an easy read.

Spelljammer
You could, you know.. just write a check for whatever organization you want when you have the money too..

It's simple, straight to the point, and no-one can argue about it.. No-one even has to know..

Julie
That's most likely what I'm going to do, but the point of this thread is to ask if COTA is an actual, legitimate, viable option for geting funds to needy people or some really nice webwork for a scam organization.

Call me suspicious, I want to know that my support won't be wasted on a scam.

Spelljammer
True enough. You could just acknowledge where you'll donate and make that apparent but then some might not believe you.

Wish SpellJammer could help. He wishes more people would contribute..

Julie
Ah, I guess it is all a matter of trust. Though it would be fairly low on the scale of things to say you'll contribute to a worthy cause then keep the money for yourself.

There's a story like that in the Bible. Two people sell their possessions, like all the other good Christians were doing, then they specifically held a portion back....the act in itself was not so much in the wrong as the attitude they had.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.