Rune King Thor vs. Day of Vengence Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
In Day of Vengence, the Spectre is acting without God's authority; so he's not as uber powerful as he would normally be. (Hell, while he was in a weakened state, he was taken by a heightened Captain Marvel) Rune King Thor has just arrived in the DC universe, and the Spectre senses the supreme magical energies within him. Still on his quest to stamp out all magic, Spectre moves in for the kill.

The Ion
Spectre

yahman
Spectre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some one who can turn the Phantom stranger into a mouse is getting my vote.

Solidus Snake
correct

thor doesnt have a prayer

Adam Warlock
How did Captain Marvel take him?

Adam Warlock
Did Marvel really take Spectre?

yahman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Did Marvel really take Spectre?

Well he did have the backing of all the magical enegy in the universe. smile

This version of Spectre literally 'Rocked' wink Shazams world. I believe the 'wizard' to beyond a patheon leader. smile

The Ion
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Did Marvel really take Spectre? No, the best you could call it was a stalemate. Marvel was wearing thin though.

Avalonofthewind
While Marvel was doing well for awhile. He got his ass handed to him like everyone else did after a while. Spectre wins. He could absorb Thor like he did the wizard.

joesha28
No he would not. Actually Spectre in that run did not impress me. Even that Shazam almost beat Spectre. RKT might finish these with a flick of a finger. If the Presence wanted a Spectre win, Spectre will win. But w/o the Presence, Spectre might lose.

Draco69
Um. NO. The Presence left the DC Universe. He told them to go screw themselves. The Spectre is now a free agent. That's why he's all crazy.

jrodslam
Well hes mainly all crazy because he doesnt have a host.

The Ion
Originally posted by joesha28
No he would not. Actually Spectre in that run did not impress me. Even that Shazam almost beat Spectre.
No he didn't. Spectre ate Shazam for lunch and I don't see how you can't be impressed. The Spectre treated Dr. Fate like nothing, destroyed one skyfather (Shazam), turned another skyfather into a mouse (Phantom Stranger), and beat Captain Marvel who was amped by all magic in the universe. That's an impressive record for a guy who isn't even supposed to exist. Just imagine if he had a host body.

kevdude
Shazam almost beat The Spectre??? nah, The Spectre is going to be here for a very very very long time. Shazam thought he beat him but we all find out The Spectre wasn't beat at all, yes he was beaten up but he was giving a lot of punishment out also. The Spectre wins.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
No he didn't. Spectre ate Shazam for lunch and I don't see how you can't be impressed.

I dont quite agree with all of that. True, Spectre was owning Cap till he got the magic boost. After that, Cap was whooping his ass. They both were almost drained of all their magic. Spectre did however give Billy the last blow, but because of him being weak as well, he fled the battle. Spectre barely won that battle. Barely.

jrodslam
But yea i do agree. Spectre wins.

kevdude
Captain Marvel fully powered vs The Spectre was causing trouble just not just in our dimension but in other magical dimensions as well, there blows to each other were like small atomic bombs going off which was ripping apart at other magical dimensions. Captain Marvel is very brave.

Avalonofthewind
Same thing happens to Thor
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/spectrepissed.jpg

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
Well he did have the backing of all the magical enegy in the universe. smile

This version of Spectre literally 'Rocked' wink Shazams world. I believe the 'wizard' to beyond a patheon leader. smile

So do i but just to correct you it was backing from all magic users on Earth

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Draco69
Um. NO. The Presence left the DC Universe. He told them to go screw themselves. The Spectre is now a free agent. That's why he's all crazy.

Presence has left the universe in Lucifer which is a Vertigo comic. I didnt think that applied to the main Dc continuity?

ihamoitc2005
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
In Day of Vengence, the Spectre is acting without God's authority; so he's not as uber powerful as he would normally be. (Hell, while he was in a weakened state, he was taken by a heightened Captain Marvel) Rune King Thor has just arrived in the DC universe, and the Spectre senses the supreme magical energies within him. Still on his quest to stamp out all magic, Spectre moves in for the kill.

Pretty easy. Even plain King Thor would wipe the floor with any kind of spectre if he used the full force of the odin power. Half the odin power is enough to alter reality across the entire universe full odin power is enough to change it to a precise form such as a universe in which Spectre is a pomenarian.

Juntai
Originally posted by ihamoitc2005
Pretty easy. Even plain King Thor would wipe the floor with any kind of spectre if he used the full force of the odin power. Half the odin power is enough to alter reality across the entire universe full odin power is enough to change it to a precise form such as a universe in which Spectre is a pomenarian. You're dumb. Spectre is above all gods and pantheons and creatures of the universe. In Crisis On Infinite Earths Spectre shattered the multiverse and recreated it to be the DCU, WHILE fighting the Anti-Monitor. In Year One he discovered and easily defeated an Elder God from the previous Universe and it didn't even get a chance to attack back. In his series he battles abstract concepts made beings like the "Pain and suffering of the universe." In Day of Judgement Azmodel with the Spectre Force turned off the power of Gods, the guardians, etc.. including Zues, Odin, Shazam, Ganthet...Spectre mops the floor with King Thor with ease. He's the wrath of the God who created all, while even Odin is just one of these creations, powerful as he may be.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Juntai
You're dumb. Spectre is above all gods and pantheons and creatures of the universe. In Crisis On Infinite Earths Spectre shattered the multiverse and recreated it to be the DCU, WHILE fighting the Anti-Monitor. In Year One he discovered and easily defeated an Elder God from the previous Universe and it didn't even get a chance to attack back. In his series he battles abstract concepts made beings like the "Pain and suffering of the universe." In Day of Judgement Azmodel with the Spectre Force turned off the power of Gods, the guardians, etc.. including Zues, Odin, Shazam, Ganthet...Spectre mops the floor with King Thor with ease. He's the wrath of the God who created all, while even Odin is just one of these creations, powerful as he may be. But in those situations, the Presense had his back. That is not the case here.

Juntai
But in those situations, the Presense had his back. That is not the case here. Current Spectre doesn't need "The Presence", if you have been paying attention at all to his most current storylines, because is more than just the Wrath of God now, he is a piece of it himself, an equal aspect to both The Source and The Presence, and the times he's been limited, was when the Logoz itself was cutting off the HOST. Not the Presence cutting off the Logoz.

BlaqChaos
But still, it takes him a great deal of effort to accomplish the things he does. If he were truely omnipotent, Day of Vengence would've been over in one issue, no matter how powerful the magical beings he was facing.

Juntai
But still, it takes him a great deal of effort to accomplish the things he does. If he were truely omnipotent, Day of Vengence would've been over in one issue, no matter how powerful the magical beings he was facing. You mean like how FLASH storyarcs should be? Resolved in an issue?

It's called creating a good story.

In Legends of the DCU which kicked off Hal's series as the Spectre, he caimed when he taps into The Spectre's power, the power of Green Lantern or Parallax next to Spectre's was akin to "a candle next to an exploding sun."

Juntai
There's only two things that can stop The Spectre, which is the other aspects of God, and The Spear of Destiny.
And this final, period, no arguement about it....rogue or not, those are the only two things that have defeated The Spectre.

BlaqChaos
You mean like how FLASH storyarcs should be? Resolved in an issue?

It's called creating a good story. You can tell a good story w/o depowering an omnipotent being. Infinity Gauntlet did it quite well.

Juntai
You can tell a good story w/o depowering an omnipotent being. Infinity Gauntlet did it quite well. The Logoz, as an aspect of God... works in mysterious ways. wink

yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
So do i but just to correct you it was backing from all magic users on Earth

Ummm no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the book !!!!!!!!!! (as its obvious you have already, read it again ! )

yahman
Presence has left the universe in Lucifer which is a Vertigo comic. I didnt think that applied to the main Dc continuity?

Indeed , I agree. smile

Juntai
So do i but just to correct you it was backing from all magic users on Earth Actually, Gods and everything were pouring energy into him, not just earth creatures.

yahman
Actually, Gods and everything were pouring energy into him, not just earth creatures.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that b!tch box

GalacticStorm
Actually, Gods and everything were pouring energy into him, not just earth creatures.

Damn J you're not supposed to help Yahman eek!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
Indeed , I agree. smile

See i knew you had love for me embarrasment wink

yahman
Damn J you're not supposed to help Yahman eek!

The lad has sense , let him use it.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly , I mean yahman punk

Juntai
I see them all... hundreds.. thousands now.. and more every second..

Enchantress did it! And I'm tapped into a vast company of volunteers-- freely giving it up to her.

In the skies above Chicago, Alan Scott funnels green magic to Enchantress who sends it on into the broadcast stream.

In San Francisco Zatanna lends her power through Enchantress to Captain Marvel.

In Sunken Atlantis, the Five Surviving sorcerors who escaped Spectre's destruction of their temple let enchantress take everything they've got.

Deep below the Earth, The Ten Thousand Dead Warrior Gods of Lemuria put off their ressurection for a few decades to lend their powers to the fight.

In Dayton Ohio, A most impressive mouse has been ridng in the talking monkey's pocket, building his energy to change back into The Phantom Stranger. He gladly delays his transformation to join in.

In the same way, Blackbriar Thron puts off growing his own new body. He's been our enemy many times, but he wants the Spectre gone as much as we do.

I'm surprised how many old and new enemies help.

In Istanbul, a Warlock named Johnny wants to rule the world someday, and joins us to make sure there's still a world to conquer.

And it's not just heros and villains and gods and demons that help us.

All over the world, otherwise normal people have small almost residual traces of magic energy they never knew they had.

Just enough hidden power to affect their ordinary lives in small ordinary ways.

The man who never realised the lights always turn green just as he gets to the intersection pitches in.

The whoman who never spills her cofffee or burns her eggs pitches in.

The little girl who sometimes feels as if her dolls really can talk to her pitches in... along with so man others.

And all that power flowing into one man: Captain Marvel!

Spectre: "I beat you! You were nearly drained! How!?"

CM: "I don't know Ghost, Maybe a benevolent Universe has finally had enough of you."

And still more and more poured more and more energy into him through the next comic and it eventually became too much for Enchantress to channel. Also, the those last lines of CM trading words with Spectre, leaves you to believe it was on a universal scale already towards the end of issue 3.

Avalonofthewind
You can tell a good story w/o depowering an omnipotent being. Infinity Gauntlet did it quite well.

What are you talking about? Thanos depowered himself to give the heroes a chace.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
What are you talking about? Thanos depowered himself to give the heroes a chace. I was refering to his battle with the cosmics, not his battle with the heroes. When he took on Eternity, Death, Galactus, the Celestials, etc.; he was at full power.

Superherovandal
Its like this
1. Presence
2.Source/Logoz(or in other words Spectre)/The Word
3. Lucifer and Micheal

In Marvel its somewhat like this I'm not entirely sure

1. TOAA
2. HOTU
3.PF
4.LT/Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.