Natalie Portman To Appear On ROTJ DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bespin Bart
I found this at TF.N:

MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'.

Anyone think it's true?

LanceWindu
It just may be.

Emperor Helmet
Natalie Portman will appear on the 'Return of the Jedi' DVD:
MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'.

Corran
Excellent, was an estimated release date for the DVD of ROTJ given?

And why only for scenes in ROTJ and not in ANH?

LaurenE147
I hope it is. They'd probably be flashbacks.

Emperor Helmet
OT DVD's will not be out until after Episode III is finished. We won't see the OT DVD's until at least 2006.

yerssot
ow goody roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Isn't there a thread for this already?

It's 'look what the nexu dragged in..."

Emperor Helmet
Oh well, if you have a stupid title that has nothing to do with the topic, that's what happens.

Ushgarak
Merging these two together.

ToMacco
They need to stop dicking with the OT. The only good version of the OT films are the ORIGINAL versions.

mah
agreed

Emperor Helmet
I disagree.

Mujaffa
if she is too appear ... what would she play???
a ghost or someone else???
or as Padme Amidala, mother that didn't die? the mother of the skywalker twins

yerssot
if so, (it's still a rumor; mind you) perhaps a flashback?

Ushgarak
Already suggested, yerss.

Corran
Could be a Holovid message of some sort!

yerssot
ha! like I'm going to read the posts big grin

not very SW-ish though

Ushgarak
Indeed not, but no other option seems credible.

LanceWindu
Well Natalie has denied rumours of her signing a deal to shoot scenes for ROTJ.

mah
good news

Corran
No bad news, the more we see of Natalie, the better. wink

mah
that I highly agree on, but not in the OT, GL shouldn't do no more about that.

Corran
Oh OK. But definately more Natalie - don't care what the bad critics sya, I think she was much better in AOTC than TPM.

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, but she had a mostly APPALLING role in TPM! Her AOTC role was adequate. Natalie doesn;t seem to care enough about Star Wars.

yerssot
It was funny that she fell off the ship, in great pain and when the clonetrooper asked her if she was ok, she just stood up

Julie
rolling down a hill with a few huge wounds in your back would really really hurt....

Pianoman
What do you mean she doesn't care enough about SW?

Ushgarak
She's just not motivated. Her interviews about SW display a lack of real energy behind the role, which is maybe not surprising. She;s clearly not acting as well as she could and I rather think it is because she is not really fired up by the part.

LaurenE147
And I can't stand to watch her kiss. It's pathetic.

Corran
Don't know about that, maybe I need to have a real close up of her kissing to check, real close. wink

yerssot
and they tell me I need to take some pills

Billy The Kid
Not only you big grin

Julie
just for the record...I would never tell yerssot to take a pill...at least more powerful than an advil

master harmax
I would never tell Yerssot anything, period ... wink

And yeah ... that shot of Padme getting up and running off as if nothing had happened, after having fallen a great distance off of a speeder, and then having rolled some more distance, and all that, after having had her back scratched by a beast ..... that was a major blooper.

yerssot
yeah! I would say we need more Padme scenes wink

master harmax
What does it take to get a girl like that ? confused sad

mah
a lightsabre and a bad temper

yerssot
I have the bad temper already! now the lightsabre...

master harmax
how bout decent piano playing skills, and a slightly deviated sense of humour ? :shy:

yerssot
hope not, otherwhise I don't stand a chance wink

Corran
I would have a chance with her then, woo-hoo.

master harmax
Ya'll r NOT gonna believe this ! But my decent piano playing skills and slightly deviated sense of humour have brought me in contact with this jazz singer .... she's a mindblowing vocalist, and a great person ... and
she really really LIKES ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
you're right, we don't believe it wink

two musicians? great!

LaurenE147
Are you kidding? That's kind of ironic and, well, scary.

Corran
OK so you won't be interested in my Natalie any longer then.

yerssot
YOUR natalie?

Corran
Yep, she wants me sooo bad.

master harmax
But I bet she can't sing like Sonia ! big grin

Corran
Hey, DO NOT be dissin' Natalie.

master harmax
Ok ok ! Just kidding ! Nice signature btw.

yerssot
don't change the subject wink

finti
this thread had it

Ushgarak
Just re-opening this one so anyone who has not seen it already can check Rick McCullum's latest JC answer at sw.com denying that any such project as this has taken place. We all knew that already but nice to see it officially.

Julie
official closure upon a subject...good to know

Fabrosee
If she does....here's hoping that she follows Lea's style and goes bra-less!! wink
It might go something like this....

finti
but Natalie aint nothing compared to Carries chest line

Orlando
As long as Greedo doesn't shoot first in the cantina I'll be happy...

Ushgarak
Now, there's a controversial subject...

Orlando
Finally, we agree on something (LOL)...

Captain REX
That was stupid. Han Solo shot first, therefore he's better. big grin

finti
or more ruthless

Orlando
Either way, that scene is what sold me on Solo when I was a kid...

General Kaliero
Han shot second. Watch the movies once in a while. Does anyone think that film jump can be fixed? I mean the little difference in posture from them having to stop filming and put the little blast mark in there. Can they fix that on a DVD?

finti
In the original film Han shot Greedo without Greedo pulling the trigger at all and it made Han a bith ruthless, very much like Indiana Jones in the raiders of the lost ark, in the fixed up version Han shoots second. (Greedo is a terrible shot, cant even hit a target that sits still on point blank range)

Ushgarak
Yeah, GK, it was fixed to make him shoot second. How could you not know that? To make him shoot first all they need is to put back the original again!

finti
guess this says it all http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020905.html

Member.
Yes. What's the reason for putting Natalie Portman in ROTJ and who will she be. I think ROTJ is good enough as it is.

Ushgarak
Obviously that was meant to be her playing Amidala in flashback, but it was still all false. That JC question was already mentioned, actually- it was why the thread was re-opened.

GordonSkywalker
Well I think it is a shame she is not going to be involved with the ROTJ DVD! I believe it might be cool to have some scenes specially recorded for it and inserted into the movie. sad

Julie
I think that the OT is fine the way it is....even SE.....
I think that bonus scenes might be cool.....just as extras on a dvd, but nothing that goes inside the actual movie

GordonSkywalker
So which OT film is your favorite?

Ushgarak
Whoa- not even vaguely on-topic, there.

In any case, this discussion is all done and dusted for a second time, I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.