Do you believe in UFOs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
The answer of course being, yes, I do believe there are aerial objects which have not been identified.

So, what other things that people say do you find irritating in this way?

Another one of mine being: in the UK we have a 'washing-up' liquid called Fairy Liquid, which a lot of people call Fairy-Up Liquid. I can't explain how annoying this is.

Idiot disclaimer: this thread isn't about UFOs.

Back-up idiot disclaimer: What things that people say do you find irritating?

BackFire
No, but I believe in....Crab people...Crab people.

Yeah, in the technical term, flying object that haven't been identified, I believe that.

I don't believe they're aliens from outerspace or anything supernatural.

Victor Von Doom
You reminded me of another annoying phrase in fact.

'There's always one.'

Quite clearly unlikely to be uniformly true.

Spelljammer
SpellJammer does, but we will never meet them. Why?

Advanced Intelligence:
They have nothing to learn from humans, why bother? They're above us in every way. They may try to police us which would explain dieties. But that's about it.

Equal Intellignece:
They know we humans are so hateful we can't even stop waging war on eachother. Much less a foreighn species. Hell, we have abortions and justify it "they're not human anyway". So if we can loosely defy what is human to bennefit ourselves, do you think an alien is stupid enough to come to this hell-hole?

Lower Intelligence:
Last time SpellJammer checked, cavemen don't do much travelling..

Alpha Centauri
Spelljammer, you just proved how much of an idiot you are and I sincerely hope everyone on this forum is laughing at you.

Mine would be Ba-Babybel. The cheese circles. Actually just called Babybels, but due to the TV commercial, people call them Ba-Babybels.

Or the starting phrase: "So I turned around and said..."

Another would be when parents say to their kids "If you break your leg, don't come running to me crying about it." I doubt they'd be running anywhere.

-AC

BackFire
"I'm going to take a crap".

As if they're going to go and take possesion of a piece of shit.

Should be "leave" a crap, but whatever.

"You never know until you try"

Oh really? I've never eaten a piece of dog shit, but I know it doesn't taste good.

I know, both of these analogies have ended up involving shit in some way...what can I say....I'm in a SHITTY mood. HAH!!

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Spelljammer, you just proved how much of an idiot you are and I sincerely hope everyone on this forum is laughing at you.
-AC
AC, shut the **** up. You'd call SpellJammer an idiot for taking a shit. Get a life.

WindDancer
Originally posted by BackFire
"I'm going to take a crap".

As if they're going to go and take possesion of a piece of shit.

Should be "leave" a crap, but whatever.

"You never know until you try"

Oh really? I've never eaten a piece of dog shit, but I know it doesn't taste good.

I know, both of these analogies have ended up involving shit in some way...what can I say....I'm in a SHITTY mood. HAH!!

Well BF, if you wanna get analytical (sp?) then we are all full of shit. If we weren't then how could you explain why we go to the bathroom? stick out tongue

BackFire
oh yeah, I'm full of shit big time, especially after eating Taco Bell.

Alpha Centauri
Well considering the thread starter specified twice that this thread was not about UFO's and you still came in around four minutes later with a post about UFO's, I'd say it proves my point

Another one of mine, to get on topic, would be the classic "You want to have your cake and eat it."

-AC

WindDancer
Originally posted by BackFire
oh yeah, I'm full of shit big time, especially after eating Taco Bell.

I'm more of a Del Taco guy but I feel your pain. wink

Victor Von Doom
'Can I get a coffee?'

No, you're clearly misunderstanding the assistant/customer relationship.

Alpha Centauri
"I'm just going to buy a can of drink."

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath
nevermind

RedAlertv2
might wana read the topic a little closer.

Victor Von Doom
'Cheer up' is quite annoying.

A) You probably don't wish to cheer up; and

B) As if you will go 'OK then! Problem solved.'

KharmaDog
"Are you awake?"

I go nuts when people ask otherrs this. Do they ever expect a "no"?

-AC

Laughing, shaking my head in disbelief, it's all the same when it comes to his posts.

Capt_Fantastic
"It's always the last place you look"

Duh...

KharmaDog
First person: "I lost my keys."

Second Person: "Where did you lose them? "

Afro Cheese
"A smile is just a frown that's upside down."

Not really flawed or untrue, just extremely annoying.

debbiejo
Keep in mind, there are many things we cannot see....we are only tuned in to our sight,, sound taste, hearing, touch, and for some a sixth sense. Who knows what is beyond what we can see..

Just a thought.

Black Rob
"Do you think i'm stupid?'

You really dont want to know

Lord Nauj
Yes *ET phone home* Hurt mwahahaha alien

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
Keep in mind, there are many things we cannot see....we are only tuned in to our sight,, sound taste, hearing, touch, and for some a sixth sense. Who knows what is beyond what we can see..

Just a thought.

I thought my explanation in the first post would help, I really did.

Victor Von Doom
'The Sun's hot today.'

'Do you have the right time?'

amity75
When airline pilots and suchlike report UFOs then I think we have to take notice. Millions of people have reported seeing one and while I believe 99% of sightings have a rational explanation, it only takes one instance to be true to turn religion and science on their heads.

Alpha Centauri
For crying out loud! You SIMPLETONS. Read the first post.

Jesus christ. It's not a U.F.O thread.

-AC

Tptmanno1
When people feel the need to explain their reasoning for doing something to me excessivly.
For example
Them: "I did ____ Because I felt that it would help our score"
Me: "Alright I understand"
Them: " I mean its good because yadayada yada...."

I just don't ****ing care after I say I understand! Just shut up!

Shakyamunison
Mostly no.

Lana
Oh for the love of god, READ THE DAMN FIRST POST.

Sheesh.

The classic "it's always the last place you look" always annoys me because, well, you don't keep looking after you find what you're looking for, right?

Oh, and when people say "can you hear me?"

GCG
"How are you?"

So rhetoric many a time -

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by GCG
"How are you?"

Jesus. I forgot this one.

I actually hate the beginnings of conversations with people where you still have to go through those formalities.

Hi

'Hi'

How are you?

'Ok, you?'

Ok.

*start talking*

Lana
Which is why I tend to start convos by saying whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment, and THEN saying 'hi'.

Makes for some really interesting conversations, heh.

GCG
I noticed that some people react differntly when i tested them:

"How are you ?"

"Better"

"Better How ?"

............etc bull-shit.

But the other time i told a manager to cut the crap with all his formalities. I mean "How are you" is a sign of education its not really meant as if you proceed to tell what where why and how they dont really give a shit.

So what the **** do you ask "How are you" for ???

GCG
Telephone rings:

"......................bla bla............Look Here.."

"I cant ; its a godamn phone!"

-----------------------

After a (ex) Man Utd. Match:

Them"That chinese man runs fast"

Me "He's Korean not Chinese"

Them "All the same"

Thats why i prefer hanging with another certain party of friends; they call asians, woks, so its no big difference.

Victor Von Doom
Or the following two sentence intros, used inappropriately:

No offence...but I think you are a waste of DNA.

I'm not being funny...but did you see that man just walk past?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lana
Which is why I tend to start convos by saying whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment, and THEN saying 'hi'.

Makes for some really interesting conversations, heh.

And she actually does this, I can vouch.

Another one that, I do admittedly use sometimes is: "At the end of the day..."

-AC

GCG
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Or the following two sentence intros, used inappropriately:

No offence...but I think you are a waste of DNA.

The proper way would have to be involving a third party being the offending one such as:

No offence....but that team thinks you're shit

Tptmanno1

-AC
Double vouch!
Random as ****....

GCG
Ok, ok we believe you ;

No more vouching cause its getting annoying :P

Lana

-AC

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Double vouch!
Random as ****....

And you both love me because of it big grin

What can I say, I've never been one for formalities. It really annoys me at work when I have to say "can I help you?" to customers because, well, I get paid to help them, I kinda HAVE to.

Sir Mist
"You know what you should do?"

No, wanknut, if I knew, I wouldnt need you to tell me.

Victor Von Doom
Haha.

'I wouldn't do that if I were you.'

Actually, if you were indeed me, you clearly would.

Unless you by chance retained your own consciousness, in which case, you wouldn't technically be me.

Alpha Centauri
"I hate having needles."

You mean injections.

-AC

Lana
"I hate having needles."

You mean injections.

-AC

Not in all cases; I have no fear of injections, but for some reason the needles themselves terrify me.

I'm weird.

Haha.

'I wouldn't do that if I were you.'

Actually, if you were indeed me, you clearly would.

Unless you by chance retained your own consciousness, in which case, you wouldn't technically be me.

Haha, I HATE that....

Alpha Centauri
Not in all cases; I have no fear of injections, but for some reason the needles themselves terrify me.

Well if someone actually says they hate HAVING needles, they do mean injection.

How do you have a needle?

-AC

Lana
Good point...I've actually never heard anyone say that before.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Spelljammer

Advanced Intelligence:
They have nothing to learn from humans, why bother? They're above us in every way. They may try to police us which would explain dieties. But that's about it.

Equal Intellignece:
They know we humans are so hateful we can't even stop waging war on eachother. Much less a foreighn species. Hell, we have abortions and justify it "they're not human anyway". So if we can loosely defy what is human to bennefit ourselves, do you think an alien is stupid enough to come to this hell-hole?

Lower Intelligence:

I have to disagree with you. On your first point, just because they're mroe intelligent doesnt mean they know everything. After all humans are more intelligent than insects, fishes, etc. yet we still study them.

Secondly about the equal intelligence, us being "hateful" and "warlike" is completely subjuective and is only your opinion. . There are no other known intelligent species in the universe so you cannnot say we are barbaric or peaceful since there is nothing to compare ourselves to. To assume that hypthotical creatures that we know absolutely nothing about would share the same views about abortion and war as you do is simply foolish.

Alpha Centauri
Why? Actually why?

I'm sure you're not actually retarded.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What about when someone says, "If I asked for cheese and you gave me a toothbrush, how could I possibly complete an assult course?"...God, damn it! That gets my goat everytime! Stupid idiots, don't they realise lemons grow on trees?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Spelljammer

Advanced Intelligence:

Equal Intellignece:

Lower Intelligence:

Originally posted by Hegemon875
I have to disagree with you. On your first point, just because they're mroe intelligent doesnt mean they know everything. After all humans are more intelligent than insects, fishes, etc. yet we still study them.

Secondly about the equal intelligence, us being "hateful" and "warlike" is completely subjuective and is only your opinion. . There are no other known intelligent species in the universe so you cannnot say we are barbaric or peaceful since there is nothing to compare ourselves to. To assume that hypthotical creatures that we know absolutely nothing about would share the same views about abortion and war as you do is simply foolish.

This is a lovely conversation that you two are having. Too bad it doesn't pertain to this thread whatsoever. no expression

Hegemon875
I saw a post so I replied to it. As long as Im doing that the "actual" topic of the thread I feel is irrelevent.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, boy! Some people seem to have had their brains replaced with muesli...

What I really hate is when people - instead of laughing - say "That's funny!". Our American brothers and sisters are the main culprits of this nothingness...

Alpha Centauri
I saw a post so I replied to it. As long as Im doing that the "actual" topic of the thread I feel is irrelevent.

Read the first post of the thread.

This isn't a U.F.O thread. He posted TWO idiot disclaimers and it still goes wrong. Unbelievable.

-AC

Hegemon875
Read the first post of the thread.

This isn't a U.F.O thread. He posted TWO idiot disclaimers and it still goes wrong. Unbelievable.

-AC

Mr Parker
Oh yeah Theres just too much evidence out there that suggests we are not the only life forms in the galaxy out there.Too many credible people have come forward over the years about what they have seen.Like there was this one case where this pilot of a commercial jet reported seeing a UFO in the sky and that it just dissapeared in the blink of an eye upwardsand off the rader chart and then that pilot lost his job after going on the air with it and repeating his story,there is defenitey a massive coverup going on beyond a doubt.only people dont want to get out of their comfort zones and acknowledge it that were not alone,that there is a race out there far more advanced than us,not years,but by centurys.funny that this thread was brought up because just last night,I was watching a special on that about ufo's last night .

KharmaDog

It was actually posted that people would f*ck up this thread by talking about UFO's and you did not fail to disappoint. Yes, better to deliberately engage in looking foolish then to to it by accident. I see your point.

Originally posted by Mr. Parker

Oh yeah Theres just too much evidence out there that suggests we are not the only life forms in the galaxy out there.Too many credible people have come forward over the years about what they have seen.Like there was this one case where this pilot of a commercial jet reported seeing a UFO in the sky and that it just dissapeared in the blink of an eye upwardsand off the rader chart and then that pilot lost his job after going on the air with it and repeating his story,there is defenitey a massive coverup going on beyond a doubt.only people dont want to get out of their comfort zones and acknowledge it that were not alone,that there is a race out there far more advanced than us,not years,but by centurys.funny that this thread was brought up because just last night,I was watching a special on that about ufo's last night .

Truly astounding...does anyone ever read a thread before they post in it?

Alpha Centauri
The answer of course being, yes, I do believe there are aerial objects which have not been identified.

So, what other things that people say do you find irritating in this way?

Another one of mine being: in the UK we have a 'washing-up' liquid called Fairy Liquid, which a lot of people call Fairy-Up Liquid. I can't explain how annoying this is.

Back-up idiot disclaimer: What things that people say do you find irritating?

Hegemon? ^^^ First post. Read it.

Originally posted by Mr Parker

Actually impossible.

No serious way.

-AC

Hegemon875
Originally posted by KharmaDog
It was actually posted that people would f*ck up this thread by talking about UFO's and you did not fail to disappoint. Yes, better to deliberately engage in looking foolish then to to it by accident. I see your point.

Truly astounding...does anyone ever read a thread before they post in it?

Well cant argue with that if you think I look foolish thats your opinion. But in all honesty a thread like this belongs in the off-topic forum.

Hegemon875
Hegemon? ^^^ First post. Read it.

-AC

Must I quote myself again roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Well the ACTUAL topic isn't irrelevant is it? You're replying to the thread title which was intended with humour.

It's not the thread topic and three pages on you should know that.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
The thread has become an active example of annoyance.

That's irony.

KharmaDog

So your post is more relevant than is the topic of the thread in which you have chosen to participate? Wow, you must be someone very important!

Ushgarak
"I saw a post so I replied to it. As long as Im doing that the "actual" topic of the thread I feel is irrelevent."

Actually, it's what you feel that is irrelevant.

This is the GDF so please do not make off-topic posts- just because someone else did so is no excuse.

KharmaDog
Another one:

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

Victor Von Doom
Another one:

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

Yeah, or 'Promise not to be offended'.

Which you could technically do, but it's worthless.

Ushgarak
Victor, do you hate ALL traditional pleasantries?

Hegemon875
Well the ACTUAL topic isn't irrelevant is it? You're replying to the thread title which was intended with humour.

It's not the thread topic and three pages on you should know that.

-AC

Ah see thats where you're slightly off, I was not responding to the thread title specifically. I was responding to a specific post made in the thread. Granted that post was off-topic but that doesnt mean that it should be forbidden from being responded to. Of course I know its not the intended topic. Let me rephrase what I said, I don't feel that my post is required to pertain to the intended topic if I am directly replying to a specific post made in the thread. And once again I must say since theres so much concern over the subject this entire thread should have really been in the off-topic forum.

Lana
This is a perfectly valid thread for the GDF -- it has a topic and a point to it. Threads in the GDF can be light-hearted too, you know.

Bardock42
Nah I don't think there are UFOs...god created us and the World alone and I mean ... now to my real post...

I really hate when people say something like this...

I mean what the hell......it's just wrong always to believe there are that stupid people out there.....

Hahah.....two in a row...of course not good ones or anything, but I always say Quantity over Quality....

Ok now really, I don't think that usually happens with English Speaking People cause...well....they are usually smarter...but in Germany it might happen...especially when you talk to my mother....that:

One gets back home from School or whatever, and the first person you see actually asks you: "Are you back already?" ..... that really deserves a What the f**k? in my opinion......

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Victor, do you hate ALL traditional pleasantries?

Haha.

I think I hate the pleasantries with a prerequisite pleasant answer: etiquette rather than manners.

Primarily, though, the stupid ones.

KharmaDog
Ah see thats where you're slightly off, I was not responding to the thread title specifically. I was responding to a specific post made in the thread. Granted that post was off-topic but that doesnt mean that it should be forbidden from being responded to. Of course I know its not the intended topic. Let me rephrase what I said, I don't feel that my post is required to pertain to the intended topic if I am directly replying to a specific post made in the thread. And once again I must say since theres so much concern over the subject this entire thread should have really been in the off-topic forum.

Can I ask you a question?

So you knowingly responded to a post that was most likely to make you look like you have no idea what this thread is about because you were compelled to do so?

Hegemon875
Can I ask you a question?

So you knowingly responded to a post that was most likely to make you look like you have no idea what this thread is about because you were compelled to do so?

YES exactly!

EDIT: Though I did not intend for what ensued, the point I was trying to make about the post I replied to is of course, ironically, what has become irrelevent.

Victor Von Doom
Apparently the thread is now stupid things people do, as well as say.

KharmaDog
You failed to see the humour in my post, didn't you?

Alpha Centauri
Just because someone made an off-topic post, doesn't mean you have to be equally dumb and reply.

You made a mistake. It's done, you can leave the thread now.

-AC

KharmaDog
Apparently the thread is now stupid things people do, as well as say. laughing laughing

Lana
Apparently the thread is now stupid things people do, as well as say.

If you want plenty of examples of stupid things people do, look around the OTF for a bit laughing out loud Like.....for about 3 seconds.

Hegemon875
You failed to see the humour in my post, didn't you?

Apparently..

Just because someone made an off-topic post, doesn't mean you have to be equally dumb and reply.

You made a mistake. It's done, you can leave the thread now.

-AC

Of course I disagree that it was dumb to reply but I gain nothing from insults and name-calling so I think I will take your suggestion to heart and leave, try not to miss me to much.

debbiejo
If you want plenty of examples of stupid things people do, look around the OTF for a bit laughing out loud Like.....for about 3 seconds.

Yeah true....... but instead of just walking up and saying "hi" to someone, say "would you want me to tell you if there was a spider on your shoulder?"

That's always gets a good responce. laughing out loud

Lana
I honestly do stuff all the time, I'll just start right in on what I want to say laughing out loud It's very funny and I confuse the hell out of people so often doing that.

yerssot
spider? cry

Lana
They're icky cry

Hi Yerssie happy

debbiejo
I honestly do stuff all the time, I'll just start right in on what I want to say laughing out loud It's very funny and I confuse the hell out of people so often doing that.

I do that all the time.....Have you just stared at a part of someones head off and on while talking to them..same part??? laughing out loud

Freaks them out......they start touching it...wondering what wrong with that part of their head...hahahahaha

Lana
I do that all the time.....Have you just stared at a part of someones head off and on while talking to them..same part??? laughing out loud

Freaks them out......they start touching it...wondering what wrong with that part of their head...hahahahaha

I have a habit of stopping midsentence to say something totally random and then going right back to what I was talking about before laughing out loud it's so funny.

yerssot
They're icky cry

Hi Yerssie happy
there's a spider on your shoulder no expression

or so you would say:
there's a spider on your, hey look it's raining and Jimmy doesn't have an umbrella, shoulder stick out tongue

debbiejo
I have a habit of stopping midsentence to say something totally random and then going right back to what I was talking about before laughing out loud it's so funny.

That's good too......hahahahaha....Kinda schitzo....I like it.....

Ever ate a berry while walking and start of act like you were dieing...and go into really convincing convulsions......twitching and gaging......That was one of my better ones.. laughing out loud ...Freaks people out a little bit.

Victor Von Doom

Ever ate a berry while walking and start of act like you were dieing...and go into really convincing convulsions......twitching and gaging......That was one of my better ones.. laughing out loud ...Freaks people out a little bit.

Hang on, when did this become the 'Let's see who has the most mental issues' thread?

Bardock42
Hang on, when did this become the 'Let's see who has the most mental issues' thread?

When those with the most mental issues joined it *cough*RoosterSlayer*cough*

debbiejo
Ha...When those with a sense of humor join in..... You know the people who can access their right frontal lobe....and laugh as others suffer in confusion....As I see has happened here.....big grin ...

I can always speak down to your level though...Lol....We can talk about rocks or sticks or something....hahahaha

Bardock42
Ha...When those with a sense of humor join in..... You know the people who can access their right frontal lobe....and laugh as others suffer in confusion....As I see has happened here.....big grin ...

I can always speak down to your level though...Lol....We can talk about rocks or sticks or something....hahahaha

Yes...I will lol when theres something to lol aboot, alright?

debbiejo
^ You know...inanimate objects get on my nerves, but that's ok you can talk !!eek! and say aboot.....

Victor Von Doom
'Lol', 'lmao', and cetera.

Victor Von Doom
if I were you I'd not call the kettle black. No offence.

Two in one.

Alpha Centauri
Well I said that in the context of him calling someone a troll, when he has done his fair share. It wasn't INTENDED as an offensive remark, so I stated that.

Shitron.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Why take two posts into the thread, when you can just Post and Go.

hotsauce6548
UFO's are Unidentified Flying Objects... so yes, they are real. ninja

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
UFO's are Unidentified Flying Objects... so yes, they are real. ninja

This is the point of the thread...

Alpha Centauri
Five pages in and people are still not getting it.

-AC

GCG
People muching Pop-Corn and rustling their plastic packets in theatres. Thats why i dont watch too many movies in cinemas unless i book the last show of the day at 23.30 hrs during the week when nobody is around.

Victor Von Doom
I wonder why they sell sweets with wrappers, and popcorn. Seems wilful.

GCG
to make $$$ ; and so much dear than if you had to buy them off the premises.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by GCG
to make $$$ ; and so much dear than if you had to buy them off the premises.

I mean, why choose such noisy products.

GCG
dunno ; maybe to entice others to buy and at the same time that they want to irritate others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.