Time healing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The True Fear
do you believe time heals all wounds?

Morgoths_Wrath
no, it can't

/thread

leana marie
no... deffinately not...

debbiejo
Sure it can....as time goes on pain becomes less and less in your thoughts and new adventures come your way, only making it a distant, and less felt memory.... ,Also, living in the present moment and not dwelling on yesterday speeds everything along....Making many lives pretty much pain free.. smile ...At least that's how it works for me.....And don't take anything soooo seriously...and try to learn something from it, if possible....Sometimes that's the hard part.

Storm
I agree with Cheril Goodrich. Is it possible for an idea, such as time, to give soothing to the soul when something happens that seems so catastrophic we do not have any idea how we can move beyond our pain? Some people go on for years not understanding how to move on.
The answer does not lie in time. It is in our own mind. It is what we do with our lives while time is passing that either helps us, heals us or keeps us stuck.

AOR
Allowing time to heal is like leaving a gash, cut, or wound exposed. At times it can be so menial that the body will evntually heal itself. However, if the wound is large enough, the negligance can be fatal. Intervention is always a better solution, even if the result is negative. You'll never know until you try...

tax
Originally posted by The True Fear
do you believe time heals all wounds?

Before I continue, I would like to ask you what kind of time you are talking about?You see there are two kinds of time. One is the chronological time and the other the psychological time.Which one?

The True Fear
an emotional event happening, then a period of time later. Would the mind be over it or would there still be trauma?

Storm
Originally posted by Storm
I agree with Cheril Goodrich. Is it possible for an idea, such as time, to give soothing to the soul when something happens that seems so catastrophic we do not have any idea how we can move beyond our pain? Some people go on for years not understanding how to move on.
The answer does not lie in time. It is in our own mind. It is what we do with our lives while time is passing that either helps us, heals us or keeps us stuck.

The True Fear
thats a good response

Great Vengeance
Some pain takes longer to heal than others, that is given, but I dont believe after an eternity has passed you would still carry grief over your dead parents.

tax
Time is dangerous. You ask why?Well lets look at an example. Someone dear to you suddenly hurts you and you feel terrible. You cry and you weep and let time(in your opinion the great healer) do the job of mending those wounds. So, you wait until you meet someone and get close to that person. And if that person betrays you, the whole cycle is repeated. You see, our mind is created in such away that it thinks of its safety first. When you use time, you are seeking something better, something which will give you everlasting happiness and no sorrow. Its just a dream you are living in. Experience that sorrow totally and do not run away because if you do run, it will be kept always within you waiting for the right time to strike. Remember you should be grateful to experience such sadness. Don't you realise that in that state you don't just see things but you look at them. It is truly a beautiful state.

debbiejo
Funny thing is that I have met quite a few people who have gone through hell themselves, but in the long run, they grew from it and have become one of the more exception people I have met...and are even thankful for the experience...Because they have an inner understanding that others cannot fathom...

There's an old saying...Only a real and mighty captain sails on rough seas.

Fëanor
Originally posted by The True Fear
do you believe time heals all wounds? not if you keep lingering on that what caused you so much pain. but by living then yeah, eventually the painful memory of it will diminish...really up to the individual.

there are those that learn and become better for it, then there are those that never do...and are doomed to repeat it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.