Superman vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
Did the Hulk Smashes Superman?so how did Superman fight with the Hulk?maybe their villains are here like Lex Luthor and Kingpin(his alter ego,Wilson Fisk.one of the arch nemesis to Spider-Man and Daredevil)to explose of the earth.maybe Superman and the Hulk are superheroes.

ragesRemorse
i htink there were two hulk battles in the comics, in the one i read hulks friend(doc samson) and scientist who tries and helps banner find a cure, went to find banner cuz he thought he had a cure, banner ended up in metropolis and and samson found him and injected him with the serum but it just made him angry it effected his brain cells, and eigther way without the serum the madder hulk gets the less controll he has and when he gets amd enough he goes after anyone and anything whichis what happen and ol supes had to step in, and they just whooped the shit out of each other for two issiues banner stayed transformed as the hulk for 3 days straight because he only kept getting madder and madder because every hit he gave superman, supes matched his punch right back it was a draw all the way through untill banners metabolic structure began to rupture from no release of rage and he collapsed and turned back into banner but right before then they both nailed each other with a puch at the same time superman went flying through 2 buildings and banner just about died from a heart attack but samson was there to save him

Asian Hulk
you can look this pic.
SUPERMAN VS.THE HULK

Asian Hulk
if the Hulk will lose!!!!Superman wins!!!if the Hulk wins!!!superman will loose!!!

ragesRemorse
really!!

Wait What?? They had comics about this battle. I never knew dc and marvel teamed up..que??? I've always wanted to see this battle. How long ago did this come out?

ragesRemorse
the first battle was in the late 70's or early 80's not sure i'll check the year on the comic later and post the exact year. i was told the also fought when marvel universe and dc combined there heros in a series

Asian Hulk
The Hulk smash Supes!!!

Asian Hulk
Look!!!you can see Superman and the Hulk.

srandle317
superman will win

Vampiree
of course superman, but i think you are on the wrong forum srandle... (verauko: czy ty widzisz tego nicka? z czyms ci sie ta nazwa kojarzy? bo mi z pewna niemila czynnoscia czysto fizjologiczna big grin)

ab012f9448
Can someone please move this to the right forum! KES..... smile

Kes
Moving to Superman forum
moving--moved

cinemafan
About the same strength, But Supes can fly and dosen't need to breath.
Picks up the Hulk and dumps him in outer space bye-bye.

Vim
Are you sure can't he just hold his breath, get madder, and bigger, pretty soon his weight could pull him back down to the Earth, He could madder and madder on the way down make his strength and speed equal to Supes...? Then ... we discover the Leader had brainwashed Superman, and the Abomination shows up! And then ......

venomfan
hulk is way stronger than superman, superman is enhanced human now thats like spider man, but that is just strength alone

DarkCrawler
Uhh...Superman can lift 1000 tonnes you know... Hulk in his calmed state about 75. He cant get mad before superman rips him shreds in 3 seconds...

neo2
i agree with DarkCrawler......superman could just toss him out of the way.....hulk can leap 3-4 miles in a single leap.....superman can fly everywhere....including space.....he could just throw hulk into the sun

kal-el
yep.the hulks skin can also be burned off and he can only take temps of 3000 celsius.

Rasta
Yes. That is not possible. When The Hulk get's madder his strength increases, not his speed.

Incorrect. You've been misinformed. He's a Kryptonian, with super-powers which he draws from the Sun. His genetic make-up is different from a Human, therefore, he is not a enhanced human.

He's moved the Moon. I assure you, he can lift/push more than 100,000 tonnes on a bad day. However, it all depends on what Era of the Superman series you are referring.

"Mindless Hulk" has the potential for significantly higher strength levels, far greater than 75, as the angrier he gets, the stronger he becomes. He's actually carried the weight of moutain, which was 150 Billion tonnes.

It's more like 4000, if not more. But his rapid regeneration abilities are immense.

Rasta
The famous debate. Superman or The Hulk, state your opinion, with reasons.

Obviously
As I said before, DC vs Marvel was garbage. The Hulk should have trashed the big blue boyscout.

[LP]
Oviously, obviously, you are wrong. I, myself, think that The Incredable Hulk is a lot cooler then Superman, but thats not the issue, now is it. The issue is fighting. For some reason, whoever made Superman, they decided to make him freakin' unstoppable. if you look at the abilities of the two, you will come to realize that in the end, Supes would take out the big green machine, sorry to break it to you.

---

Viper
Superman's beaten brute strength time and time again. His other powers, combined with some intelligence, make him the victor.

kal-el
I agree with Viper on this one. if supes really wanted to he could just clobber the hulk repeatadly without getting hit using his speed. He could some major league damage with his heat vision too coz the Hulk's skin has been burned off before(It can only take a max of 3000 degrees centigrade). Supe's strength is way more too(unknown upper limit- atleast a thousand tonnes), even if the hulk does get stronger, it'd be too little too late. BIG BLUE WINS BY A COUNTRY MILE!

Linkalicious
His heat vision wouldn't burn the Hulk...it'd be like a sun tan. Supes would be broken over Hulk's knee just like batman/bane.

kal-el
It would burn him dude. that heat vision has powered entire cities. If supes decides so, hulk can't lay a finger on him and can't stop supes from hitting him.supes can just zip around him smashing the crap outta him at superspeed. How long could hulk take the hardest punches in comicdom witout landing any of his own?eh? Supes is more indestructable and can take more punishment too.

Magee
As much as i hate to admit it hulk would most likeley get his ass kicked.
Superman - Super strength, heat ison, super speed, flight, can use his head to think
Hulk - Ultimate strength (probably more than supes), superjumping shit and he's as dumb as an ox.
Hulk may have more strength than him but supes got also the str,heat,speed,smarts. Thnk about it big grin

VENOMfan
you dont belive Hulk's strenght dosent matter? do you realize Hulk has potential to be infinitly more powerfull than supes could even dream of being?
not to mention there is the Proffesor hulk who has banners intellegence.
Yes Superman is rediculously "Super"
but his heat vision would at best singe hulk where hulk grows it back in seconds becuase his healing is better than wolverines. and this just makes him madder. the second hulk grabs supes after his little display of about 20 mediocure abilities HULK BREAKS HIM IN HALF!!

sorry for that outburst i just cant stand superman

kal-el
NO WAY. Supes' strength is also potentially infinite!He gets better, the more sun he absorbs and he's been doing that way more than hulk gets angry coz he's been doing it since birth(for atleast 30 years). If you take into acount the fact that hulk's strength starts at 70 tonnes and supes is always at about 100,000 tonnes, he'd f*ck the hulk up!The fact that hulk would need to heal from a burn, no matter how quickly is nothing compared to supes' ability to simply not get burned. Hulk can't lay a finger on supes if the man of steel decides so, and even if he dos hit him, it won't do sh*t!!!Even with his get madder,get stronger crap, the hulk would take ages to get to supe's level of strength and invulnerability. by that time, he'll be a green smear on the man of steel's fist, or maybe a new satellite orbiting the Earth, or melted green goo all over the place, or shattered green ice everywhere. Hulk is just a mortal-you get me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Superman is more powerful than most Gods, than anything. The only limits he has are his own. The fact that he wouldn't ever hit someone with full strength coz he ain't no killer is the hulk's only saving grace. If supes just hit him as hard as he could the moment he sees the big green guy, the hulk would literally explode!!!You can't believe the hulk wins coz it ain't true!!

kal-el
sorry for that outburst, I just love superman. He's the one you would be if could be anyone. My joint favourite is DD, coz he reflects our flaws and humanity and stuff, but just like superman he never stops trying to be good. That gives none of us an excuse to stop trying. The least we can do is try to be our best, and have unbelievably high moral standards, just like him. Powers or no powers!!!None of us have excuses!!

LeAtHerRFace
Superman would use The Hulk as a personal slave. The HULK SUX!!! SUPERMAN WOULD KICK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM!

VENOMfan
Super-man=100,000 ton's eh?
Mindless hulk=150,000,000 tons!

superman killed by doomsday
Hulk cracked open onsluaght's armor

you must not know about Pro. Hulk hes unbeatable if he feels like it

i hate having to defend the hulk becuase i feel the same way about him as i do about superman, they are both far to powerfull and make other heros seem point less

juggernaut26
well if you really think about it the hulk has infinite energy while supes doesn't and as for supes beating brute strength time and again may i remind you of someone called doomsday

VENOMfan
DAMN STRAIT!!!!

godfather

[LP]
La. Well, I'll say it again, Superman would win, even though I'd like to say the Incredible Hulk, 'cause he's my boy.But you just can't top Supes, they made him too freakin good. It's uber gay, but yeah, unless the Hulk punched him with a fist full of kryptonite, and shoved it down his thoart, I think the Hulk is toast. Mmmmmm...crispy...

---

Rasta
Haha. This is hilarious.

I don't believe it starts anywhere near Supermans strength to matter at first.

Yes, and don't get confused by this. His strength has been tested once, by lifting 150 Billion tonnes, a Mountain. It is therefore assumed that his strength capacity is limitless, however, this may not be the case.

He could just as easily max out at 400 Billion tonnes, as 800 Billion tonnes. It hasn't been answered.

Not really. Superman has been shown a possible future, Superman Prime. God-like in powers.

Haha. Yes noodle. Hence the name, Superman

29 baby words, all crap. Try harder noodle.

Superman's heat vision can reach into the Millions, fahrenheit. Granted this would take some time, but Hulk's resistance is stopped at 3000-4000 fahrenheit.

Hulk's regeneration is far superior to Wolverines, but it doesn't regenerate that quickly. If he were to be scorched by Superman, to the brink of bones. I'm pretty sure it takes around 10 mins or more to regenerate fully.

What?!

It's ok.

Superman moved the moon.

Moon>Mountain.

DAMN STRAIT!!! Haha. Even you must see the irony little one. Pack up, and hit the sandbox.

He also beat him.

He also lost to Superman. It's all about the writers.

You must not know about grammar, and spelling. And since you lack the ability to spell correctly half the time, what you say comes across as the drivel of a handicapped midget playing in traffic.

Affirmative.

Example: Venom

kal-el
SUPERMANWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VENOMfan
wow Rasta did you break away from "close" time with your sibblings to get all that out of your system?

Rasta
It took me all of 5 minutes. Just facts bro, just facts. If you can't handle the truth, don't bother being objective.

kal-el
So why did you guys start arguing again?

VENOMfan
I really dont know, but VS threads almost garuntee fights because no one likes hearing the favorite character bashed

Viper
Which is ridiculous if you think about it, since we're all comic fans.

Never
Gentlemen, gentlemen...which version of the Hulk are we referencing? The Professor? Mindless? Savage?

One, Superman's strength is not potentially infinite, period. We are discussing the current Superman's strength, not the PC Superman. John Byrne did away with that Superman.

Superman is not "more powerful" than most Gods. Are you on crack? Which Gods? The New Gods? Marvel's Gods? He is not "more powerful" than either. The only limits are his own? *chuckle* Let's ask Batman about Superman's limits wink

Re: Superman's "heat vision," anyone care to provide a link that supports this regarding the current Superman's heat vision? I am willing to bet that one will simply not find any credible information that states his heat vision reaches into the millions of degrees. One can theorize, but is that a credible source? By the way, Hulk's skin is able to withstand temperatures exceeding 4,000 degrees. His skin only starts to blister at that point wink And all are assuming that Hulk would just stand there and let Superman burn him with his heat vision?

Re: Superman moving the moon, is this the current version? Hell, PC Superboy moved several planets, but that was the PC (Pre-Crisis) version. Superman has been depowered quite a bit.

Re: Hulk's starting strength being 70 tons - that is the GREY Hulk. Professor? 100 tons. Mindless? 100 tons. Savage? 100 tons...and what, are they bench pressing one another? Hulk can match Superman in strength.

Um, Superman cannot get knocked out? LoL, I will let you all think about that for awhile. A good while. And by the way, Doomsday was just a poor man's version of the Hulk.

Notice I did say "poor man's version?"

Suffice it to say that one can pen a credible story arc wherein either can beat the other.

Superman is so overrated.

VENOMfan
dang good point

also like Never said which incarnation of hulk is Supe's fighting, or would Hulk be allowed to use all of them?

Rasta
Indeed. But what you have to remember is the Hulk's strength is potentially infinite. It might not be, it's assumed that it is, but has not been confirmed how far he can go. He might not exceed far beyond 150 Billion tons.

I've no idea who said he was more powerful than a god. That's a retarded thing to say. It's like saying the Hulk is more powerful than a god. Obviously a blind, fanboy statement.

Haha. That's right. *chuckle* And while your at it, ask him about the Hulk too wink. You'd do well to remember that Batman also said something along the lines of, Superman could 'Squash him like a bug with his superspeed'.

But obviously this would make a poor comic. That's why they add a plot, and Batman with his superior intelligence is suppose to out-think the Man of Steel. I don't see how this matters however, it's oh so clear that intelligence only takes you so far. In a real situation, life or death Superman would annihilate Batman, just as Hulk would.

Myself, no. But I believe there is a logical, and official explination as to why it reaches this point. I saw it posted on another messageboard, where's someone had the explination laid clear. It's not suprising however, since he uses that same Solar energy from the Sun to fire Heat vision.

Exceed by how much? Would you mind posting credible information that states it can reach far beyond this point?

Ofcourse, you're right in the fact that he would not just stand there. But it applys to the same situation, for Hulk to reach Supermans level of strength he would have to get angry. Superman would not just stand there.

Indeed he has. But there is no information supporting whether or not he could still do it. Besides, even if he had half his strength knocked down, it still equals Billions of tonnes.

He can, over a period of time. But Superman's starting strength is still far superior.

The Hulk can also get knocked out.

Ahh. Don't get fact and opinion confused. There is no such information supporting your implication.

He is. I agree, many people don't realise how strong he really is. They see one piece of information that states something and they believe it. However, let's not kid ourselves here, he is The Man of Steel for a reason.

Never, an objective arguement isn't always a bad one. You might want to try looking at both sides, because when you post it always seems to be completely one sided. You rarely give the full story unless it backs up your point. It's misleading, and with the vast comic book knowledge you have there is no need to do it, you can state the facts.

However, I agree that both could win. But then that put forwards the arguement, who could win more? It goes on and on.

Linkalicious
how about we don't break down every sentence into it's own quote?

and whoever put up the arguement about strength...Hulk's stonger. Heat Vision...Hulk moves outta the way, what do you think? he's gonna sit there while Supes blasts him and blasts him? As for the super speed, once he flyes into Hulk...then Hulk catches him with those massive hands of his. Then, he breaks Supes over his knee!!!

Rasta
The amount of ballshit in that post is ASTONISHING. I won't even bother correcting such a deluded individual. It's pointless.

Linkalicious
hahahaha. I'm not deluded. just keepin it real. obviously the back breaking is an extreme exaggeration. But i've never seen Supes sit there and fry someone he's fighting...just scorch. His strength is somewhat comprobable, but IMO he's still weaker. As for the flying....i've never seen Supes fight a super villain and just fly around w/o getting hit. there ya go chief!

kal-el
Wow, you guys tore my post to shreds. admitadly, supes is not more powerful than most Gods-that was stupid thing to say, especailly a good church going boy like myself. As for the starting strength of supermans being way more than the Hulk's-IM RIGHT!And as for Superman's strength being potentially limitless-IM RIGHT. He'll get better as he gets older in Earth's atmosphere! AS for Hulk catching superman at superspeed and 'breaking him over his knee'!-that is horse shite link my friend and you bloody well know it! As for heat vision not reaching 4000(sorry not 3000 degrees)!That's debatable and hulk obviously wouldn't just stand there but it doesn't take the man of steel much to change the direction he's staring at.

As for asking batman about supermans limits: how about lets ask batman, the flash, the green arrow?!!!Oh yeah and some kids that bats trained!!!

Supes could just throw or punch the hulk out of orbit and it's done. I've got the crossovers and they all show supes being far superior and lets face it somewhat holding back!!

F*CK JAY AND SILENT BOB!!F*CK THEM UP THEIR STUPID ASSES!!

Linkalicious
well i edited my post after the white rastafarian tried to wax funamental on me...but i stll don't think his heat vision plays a big part in this fight. Supes regularly uses that stuff to fix something or save the day....not as a weapon. What effect can that heat beam have on Hulk's skin? you gonna tell me it's gonna blister up or melt off the bone? please....i may not be a DC fan, but that's more far fetched than anything...

VENOMfan
Hulk has jumped threw the atmosphere and grabbed meteors...so the orbit thing might not matter

kal-el
Sorry link.How I forget easily, that you were the first person to vote on my first poll. My point with the heat vision is that supes can keep hulk busy, pinned back, hurt ina number of ways, not just strength.But true enough, I dont think heat vision alone would do the hulk.
How did hulk get back Venomfan?

VENOMfan
i dont remember...Ill you see is him holding the meteor and re-entering the atmosphere

Never
Where did I say that it was definitely infinite?

What!? laughing out loud Oh God. What you fail to realize - or simply refuse to admit - is that Batman is by far the superior tactician. Batman is smarter than anyone on the JLA, and devises strategies for the entire JLA. Have you not read Mark Waid's "Tower of Babel" story arc wherein Batman created dossiers detailing how to defeat each JLA member in the event of an alien takeover (telepathic attack)?

Simply said, Batman with prep time takes Superman down. He knows Superman's strengths and weaknesses better than Clark does. Without prep time, it is, of course, no contest.

Intelligence only takes you so far? confused What is Tony Starks w/o his intelligence? Victor Von Doom (who only defeated the Beyonder, albeit short-lived)?

You will not find any credible "links" because it is hyperbole, not cannon (millions of degrees farenheit). The Human Torch can only generate about 1,000,000 with his "supernova" burst, for example, and he is "a human torch." He can probably destroy a small moon in one burst. Trust me, Superman cannot do the same with his heat vision. Hrm...we use solar energy here on earth. Can you think of any solar-powered energy source that can generate heat in temperatures that rivals the sun's? No...so how is that a logical explanation? ("It's not suprising however, since he uses that same Solar energy from the Sun to fire Heat vision."wink

Where did I state that "it can reach far beyond this point?" (4,000 degrees farenheit)

Saying he has been depowered "in half" is conjecture only, no? John Byrne, to my knowledge, never specified exactly by what percentage Superman would be depowered. And..."billions of tons?" Hulk has supported a hundred and fifty billion while slightly annoyed, so Hulk is still easily in the same league.

Prove it (Superman's starting strength)? "Class 100" is a cut-off point; nowhere does it state that Hulk can only lift 100 tons while calm (Grey Hulk, yes) - and again, I will point out that Savage Hulk supported 150 billion tons and was not angry when doing so. By the way, what is Superman's "starting strength?" And that is misleading, considering Superman's strength does not increase in the same manner as Hulk's does. It does not increase at all.

Actually this is common knowledge throughout the comic book industry (Doomsday being a Hulk knockoff) sad Just like Gladiator is a Superman knockoff.

Re: Whole story? Never reveal exactly how much you know wink

Never
Crossovers are, for the most part, horrible examples. Consider the past Marvel vs. DC with the Superman vs. Thor fight. Garbage.

Remember the Wolverine vs. Lobo crossover wherein Lobo was defeated?

Wolverine is not even in the same galaxy with Lobo.

The Superman vs. Hulk crossover was garbage.

kal-el
Granted, crossovers can be garbage but people who write comics must know more than us mere readers.
You're right about the thor fight in the recent crossover. I was pleased to see supes win but thought it was too quick. But supes must be f*cking strong to stop mjolnir.That was what beat thor, he was psychologically beaten when he saw that and it seemed as though supes finally let himself go and cracked someone as hard as he can, thus finishing the fight. but Thor would have more left in the locker I think.

I have the secret wars comics and it amazes me that they just came out with 150billion tonnes.!!I can lift a trillion, bazillion. zillion tonnes!! i mean I can't believe a mountain weighs that much for a start(thats 150,000,000,000 and he's usually this strong = 100.(1500000000 times stronger than normal). does a mountain weigh as much as a tectonic plate?(superman the movie) or a planet?(pre-crisis supes). I agree about supes maybe not increasing in strength at the hulk's rate but through time kal-el will become immortally powerful on Earth.DC writers may have toned supes down since pre-crisis supes but they've made it clear that he limits his powers mentally because he never faces anyone remotely as powerful as himself, thus leaving his true limits unknown. they'll get back to the days when he's fast as the flash and taking hulks punches like nothing(DCMarvel crossover vol.1).

JUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC
EEEEEE!!

Never
Um, no disrespect, but I can tell your knowledge of Superman is not nearly as in-depth as you think.

Remotely as powerful as himself. LoL

The Shaggy Man? Doomsday? Orion? Darkseid? Captain Marvel? I can run off quite a few DC names who are "remotely as powerful" as Superman.

VENOMfan
the most important argument is that doomsday had what it took to kill superman.

and could doomsday beat any version of the hulk? maybe gray.....anyhow Doomsday beat supe's with physical power and what looked like a superior fighting abilitie.
Hulk is designed to fight, his instict make's him more than able to "smash" stuff. and we really should throw out cross over's

kal-el
remember dude.He beat AND lost to supes that day coz he died too. So really its a draw and done 'im in the rematch.

andyF1
will it be pay per view

the bigger they are the harder they fall, or is that hit

kal-el
that meant to say 'and SUPES done 'im in the rematch'.PPV?Nah, they'll charge what they like and it'll be way too much!!

X-Menfan2003
Superman is like a solar battery, so he'll never run out of strengh. The Hulk would eventually run out, so Superman would win overall.

Magee
Throwing him to space lol. Umm with his strength etc wont the hulk have lungs like a whale enabling him to survive with out air for god knows how long??

Fallen Jedi
hi people, bye people.

Bishop928
Well, personally I give Superman his props, indeed he is powerful. But i gotta give it to the Hulk. it seems everyon is favoring DC. And that cool. I just think Marvel heroes are better and more powerful. It'd be nice if Batman was a Marvel Character.. But I still say the Hulk..

inni23
Superman!!!!

Asian Hulk
The Hulk can fight Superman.if the Hulk wins.

bigp
Gotta be Superman. Supes can just wait, do nothing, and the Hulk will calm down to the point that the Hulk changes back to Banner.

While Banner is in 'puny human' mode, Superman could make mincemeat out of him so quickly Banner wouldn't have time to realise what was happening and change back.

The only problem with that is that Superman wouldn't hurt Banner if he was acting human and innocent.

Bojangles
this forum sucks nutsack miffed

Bojangles
hulk would win...at hulks maximum strength (150,000,000,000 tons), he supported a whole island by himself... im still betting on hulk...

Linkalicious
Superman needs air to breath...he can only hold his breath in outter space.

Hulk's skin is every bit as tough as Superman's....if not tougher when angry.

Superman's speed is his biggest asset, but if Superman flys at Hulk as fast as a speeding bullet, and Hulk connects with a punch...then it's pretty much lights out.

Hulk isn't a DBZ character.....he doesn't need to power up to get angry. He just flips the switch and goes nuts.

Great fight, Hulk would take a severe beating and keep coming back for more while Superman tried to find a way of calming him down or incapacitating him.

moshtitan
ya, thatd be the idea.

SnakeEyes
ummmmmmmm, does this have a point?

Alpha Centauri
Opinions, reasons.

To Supermandaman:

""Like i said ur forgeting how strong fast he is all he has to do if fly the Hulk up into outer space and and the hulk wouldnt be able to do anything about it . Superman is on the same level as the hulks strength and he moves at near light speed all the hulk would be is a big hypersonic punching bag."

Hulk is immune to being in space. He can reach space with one leap straight up. So what will flying into space do to him? Secondly, how can Superman be on the same level of Hulk's strength if Hulk's strength has no limits? Superman may have extremely strong strength level but he isn't stronger than Hulk because there is no limit to how strong Hulk can get. If Hulk unleashed his full, unadulterated rage he could send Earth off its orbit. Superman couldn't dream of doing that. The feats Hulk has performed have far out classed those of Superman. So that takes down your strength argument.

He moves at near light speed. So what? If he keeps away from Hulk he'll do jack with his heat vision alone. He would have to go in to fight him and if he did he would get battered, like he did with Doomsday. If he would have just kept away and used speed he wouldn't have been able to do anything to Doomsday. Superman's true power lies in getting in there and fighting. Which he could not do to Hulk.

Hulk Vs Superman: Hulk Wins.

Maestro Hulk Vs Superman: Maestro Hulk cruises through.

-AC

JuggernautFan
this is getting out of control. superman vs hulk........ hulk wins?? i think you should check out thier first fight. superman takes hulks most powerful punches without moving from his spot. marvel acknowledges dcs higher levels of power. they like "more down to earth" characters. superman is stated at being around 40,000 ton strength. that's roughly 400 times stronger than hulk. you do the math (if you can). so why are you saying that hulk is stronger??

also, hulk cannot breathe in space. his has to have oxygen in his lungs. if he was in space, let's see that puts him at 2 disadvantages. he has no leverage. he is a sitting duck in space. he can't move, and he couldn't leap anywhere. he would also DIE because his brain would cease to function, and all his body functions would stop. can't heal from that can he?

who said hulk has limitless strength? in the marvel handbooks, most hulk incarnations are stated at starting at base levels of 90 tons. not even a 100 ton titan is he?? not until he is enraged. he can onl be -so mad- . you people are confusing the --potential-- of hulks strength with something else. we have never seen the upper limits, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

Alpha Centauri
Juggernaut Fan!....Oh Juggernaut Fan!

Yeah erm....you told me to check out their first fight right? Yeah well I went and did that being that I own the comic and I assume you mean their first fight which was "Marvel VS DC #4" back in 1996? Yes well that was FAN VOTED. It wasn't legit.

However...no wait seriously, however I was looking through my other comics and I found a comic made in 1999 called "The Incredible Hulk VS Superman". It's a co-written Marvel VS DC comic, not fan voted. Allow me to type the official synopsis:

"Roger Stern and Steve Rude combined in 1999 and created a classic in the making. With all the feeling of a Stan Lee written story and the art of Jack Kirby, the first real Superman vs the Hulk was now every comic fans reality dream come true. Unlike the very "first" battle in Superman and Spider-man in 1981 and DC vs Marvel Comics in 1996, this was a story with just the Hulk and Superman! Superman and Lois think back to the day they first encountered the Hulk:
Superman really has his hands full when he goes west to investigate mysterious earth tremors that show up on seismic equipment. It turns out to be the Hulk. After a brief encounter, with the Hulk coming out on top, Superman realizes he underestimated the green behemoth.
As the story continues, Lois Lane and Clark Kent get assigned news stories out west that tie into Bruce Banner and the Hulk. With Lex Corp. doing research and contract work for the Army, Lex Luthor tries to find a scheme to try to gain control of Bruce Banner and the Hulk and use them to try and destroy Superman!"

Juggernaut Fan...hahaha erm....can you see that coz my eyes are kinda funny. I dunno if I read it right. Is it me or does that say that after a brief encounter Hulk comes out on top in a fight with Superman? Well yeah...yeah it does. Why? Coz it happened. Who decided that? Marvel and DC writers. Not fanboys. But wait there's more...

If you buy that comic you will find that Superman comes back for round 2 and does ALOT better. But again Hulk halts his efforts and beats him. Lex Luthor then shows up with a cannon powered by Gamma that only the Hulk has the power to generate, with the strength to destroy Superman. Superman, knowing Luthor would try to gain control of Hulk somehow, leading to his death (but unaware that Hulk is immune to psionics), he poops himself and begs an alliance with Hulk. Asking him to destroy the cannon or it will "Destroy us both". Which it wouldn't have.

So I believe you were saying something Juggernaut Fan? Or perhaps you were Supermandaman? No, sit down. Read comics and be quiet.

-AC

JuggernautFan
hmm, i did read the comics, and the first battle that i was talking about wasn't the marvel/dc "showdown of the century". it was the spiderman crossover you speak of. it's funny how you don't mention how hulk "beat" superman. he threw him a good distance. in which superman underestimated his strength. then superman comes back for round 2 and loses again?? hulk unleashes his best punches, and hulk does NOTHING to superman. superman says something along the lines of "somebody would have to be crazy to want to fight the hulk" but he is more or less trying to reason with him. in no way shape or form does hulk overpower superman. please quit trying to twist facts.

please, tell me how does hulk prove superior to superman?? let's have a play by play. Alpha Centauri will now be the sports caster, on the radio. have at it pal. let's here how it -really- happened.

im tired of your fanboy bs. go read so comics and sit down and be quiet.

Alpha Centauri
"hmm, i did read the comics, and the first battle that i was talking about wasn't the marvel/dc "showdown of the century". it was the spiderman crossover you speak of. "

Funny how you say that now. If I hadn't picked you up on it you probably would have stuck by the comment you made before which was oh so blatantly about the 1996 crossover. Which is regarded by most as their first fight.

"it's funny how you don't mention how hulk "beat" superman. he threw him a good distance. in which superman underestimated his strength. then superman comes back for round 2 and loses again?? hulk unleashes his best punches, and hulk does NOTHING to superman. "

Hmm. Reading from the comic I have infront of me, Hulk beats him up quickly and THEN throws him away like trash. Never did I dispute Hulk throwing him. I said he beat him quickly. Which he did, as the writers attest to. It is Superman who comes back fighting for all it's worth and he does mighty well. But he gets Hulk on his side before Hulk tears him a new one in their second battle. Like it or not that's how it happened.

"superman says something along the lines of "somebody would have to be crazy to want to fight the hulk" but he is more or less trying to reason with him. in no way shape or form does hulk overpower superman. please quit trying to twist facts."

Nah Hulk doesn't overpower him. He just beats him down and then hurls him a few hundred miles. Then when he comes back and does deliver a good beating to Hulk, Hulk returns the favour double until Luthor comes and they both take him out. Nah, doesn't overpower him though. Just a slight whooping.

"please, tell me how does hulk prove superior to superman?? let's have a play by play. Alpha Centauri will now be the sports caster, on the radio. have at it pal. let's here how it -really- happened."

I will tell you so you can deny it again. Let's not go by what you think, or what I think. But what is true.

Hulk without fan voting holds victory over Superman, Fact. Hulk has no KNOWN strength limits or has at LEAST not reached anywhere near his total strength yet, Fact. Hulk has had a whole punched in him by a ray that can pierce the Earth and merely chuckled. Superman's heat vision will do jack, Fact.

Superman is faster, Fact. Superman is very durable, Fact. Superman is mad strong. Fact. Superman has shown strength and durability limits, Fact. Superman rarely ever uses his speed to come out on top in any of his battles, Fact and again proven in the Doomsday battle.

So let's break it down here. From distance Hulk couldn't catch him. Flipside is Superman could do nothing from a distance. So it would get down to a fight. In which case Superman could throw out all he has and has done before, only for Hulk to out last him and out fight him. Let us not forget that after he killed Doomsday he collapsed and died. The battle didn't even last very long and he died from it.

This play by play has been brought to you by Alpha Centauri with my Juggernaut groupie of a comic fan, Juggernaut Fan. Have fun and be sure to join my collegue for "Fantasy, I wish they would be real, Marvel battles when Juggernaut fight Hulk and Thanos and wins." Goodnight.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Thid id retarded if superman flies him into space he is screwed because he isnt going to be jumping nowhere. Also superman moves at near the speed of light hulk moves at the most 700 mph Superman could fly in and the hulk before he even has time to get pissed off and lay him out.The only reason hulk ever has beaten superman is only because superman always holds back unlike the hulk

Alpha Centauri
"Thid id retarded if superman flies him into space he is screwed because he isnt going to be jumping nowhere. Also superman moves at near the speed of light hulk moves at the most 700 mph Superman could fly in and the hulk before he even has time to get pissed off and lay him out.The only reason hulk ever has beaten superman is only because superman always holds back unlike the hulk"

Jesus Christ. Where to start. Listen carefully to me.

Why do you keep saying this thing about Space? It's a ****ing comic book, the laws of physics don't necessarily apply. Hulk has jumped INTO SPACE before and he is still on Earth. He didn't float away coz it's a comic book you fool. Jesus. So quick to pick out each and every power Supes has ever used yet you forget or don't even know of Hulk's.

As for the speed, he could fly in and crash him into a wall or whatever. So what? You're talking about a monster who took a shot from Thor's hammer to the head and all it did was make him horny.

The only reason Hulk has ever beaten Superman is...............coz he's better. Superman didn't hold back in the comic I mentioned. First time he underestimated Hulk and got beat. Second time he had a fight, did well, but got beat again. The speed would never be a factor coz to do ANY damage Superman would need to get in close and fight with strength. Which he tried and failed at.

I think I know more about Superman than you coz all you seem to know are his speed, strength and panty size.

Superman died, in his own comic. Of exhaustion. That in itself rules you out.

This could be a hotly debated thread but it's people like you and Juggernaut Fan repeating the same opinions and powers over and over again, trying to argue objectively when you would both clearly vote for your favourites no matter what.

-AC

norrin radd

SUPERMANDAMAN
OMG the hulk might can jump into space because he is jumping from the earch once he is in space he aint jumping off shit its like whenever cosmic spiderman punched him up into space and the hulk was stuck there. Not to mention hulk cant catch superman , Superman would be able to sit there and lay thousands of punches on the hulk and hulk wouldnt be able to hit him once.

Victor Von Doom
Well didn't Superman have massively greater speed than Doomsday? Who is similar in speed to...the Hulk?

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yes but they wanted to boost comic book sells for that time period so superman had to die but conviently come back. Superman could have beatin doomsday without dieing

Alpha Centauri

SUPERMANDAMAN
I thought this was about who would win not about how they would want the comic to end. besides superman can fly in and get close and fight and hulk still would be able to catch him and hulk cant get mad if superman puts hulk out before he has the chance too just like he has done before.If someone as strong as superman hits u going 180000 miles a second im pretty sure ur done for.

Alpha Centauri
"besides superman can fly in and get close and fight and hulk still would be able to catch him and hulk cant get mad if superman puts hulk out before he has the chance too just like he has done before.If someone as strong as superman hits u going 180000 miles a second im pretty sure ur done for."

You say he wont get mad if Supes puts him out before he gets the chance to? Hmm. Bruce Banner got shot in the head at point blank range and The Hulk automatically kicked in and saved him. That took split-split seconds. So I Supes couldn't put him out before he got mad. If Supes flew in close enough to fight Hulk as you say, he would have to land a punch, in which case Hulk would instantly grab him coz he is no slow man himself. You say also that anything flying 180,000 miles a second hitting you means you're done for. Well in the comic when Hulk beats Supes, he does that and Hulk goes flying through about 5 mountains. He isn't done for. He shakes it off and says something along the lines of "You're good". He still wins. So is there anything else I have to prove you wrong on?

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
first off a bullet moves at about 600 mph at the the most superman moves at 180000 miles a second so i think thats a lil faster. True the hulk isnt a slow man himself but hulk is nowhere near the speed of super man he isnt going to be able to catch someone going as fast as super man and also hulk can survive a direct hit from a nuclear warhead superman can and has so that should aslo prove that supers is more durable. Happy Dance

Victor Von Doom
Which he utilised against Doomsday.

No wait. He died.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. One of the world's most acclaimed superheros dying coz he got tired.

-AC

moshtitan
i see alphs point and love hulk and hate superman, but there right about supes taking out hulk.if he hit hulk going 180000 miles a second(not hour) hulk will get knocked out. thats all there is to it. and no hulk could not catch superman before he landed the punch, because its not physically possible to see something moving that fast. but i agree that if hulk got ahold of supreman then hulk wins, but 40000 tons of strenght plus thtat immense speed, and your talking about global shattering force. if they were in the u.s., people in china would would feel it. it may not kill hulk, but it would most definteley render him unconsious.

Alpha Centauri
"if he hit hulk going 180000 miles a second(not hour) hulk will get knocked out. thats all there is to it."

How about we stop going by "If" and start going by what actually happened in the comic that is classed as their first official fight? Superman hit Hulk at very near top speed, he said it himself, coz there was a woman who he to save, he thought Hulk was gonna harm her. So he bolted into him and Hulk got dashed through about 5 mountains. Even I was thinking "Crap that was good." But Hulk was on his feet almost seconds after he hit the ground.

That's the problem with all of these battles. People tend to either ignore one persons powers or ignore the fact of what has already happened. When we start going by what has happened we may get some closure to this situation. It's not about hating Superman. I like him, I said many times. However I have seen Hulk beat him twice. You can claim all the speed you want but I've seen him put this Hulk-beating speed/power attack to use and it didn't stop him losing to Hulk.

"but i agree that if hulk got ahold of supreman then hulk wins, but 40000 tons of strenght plus thtat immense speed, and your talking about global shattering force. if they were in the u.s., people in china would would feel it. it may not kill hulk, but it would most definteley render him unconsious."

He did get a hold of him and he did win, so.....what do you say now? "But the speed would...." but the speed would what? Hulk has taken it on the chin and been damaged yes. But he got up and won. Coz he's The Hulk. Then people seem to have forgotten the legendary quote that someone conveniently mentioned then shunned away.

"Anyone would be crazy to wanna fight The Hulk. It's an insane feat."-Superman, just after Hulk beat him for the first time.

Like Victor Von Doom said before, has Spider-Man beaten The Green Goblin? Yes. Has Surfer beat Thor? Yes. Has Thor beat Surfer? Yes. Has Wolverine beat Sabretooth? Yes. Has Sabretooth beat Wolverine? Yes.

Now are any of the combatants dead? No. Coz loss doesn't equal death. I'm not saying Hulk couldn't kill Superman. However he wouldn't have to if he wanted to win.

Back to the speed issue though. People say Doomsday was moulded in the image of The Hulk. Doomsday, who some debate as the best villain ever, based on The Hulk. Nuff said. Also, Doomsday's speed was said to be on par with Hulk's. Did Superman's speed aid him in the fight against Doomsday so much so that it stopped him from dying? No. Why? Coz Superman likes to fight. He likes to fight. He isn't like Surfer who is more of a thinker than a fighter. The only time Superman used his speed in the Doomsday battle was to catch up with Doomsday. After that it was a fight with Superman dying.

The things I am saying have happened. There's no "if's" there. Fantasy battles are fun but if we're gonna create threads to debate over who would win out of a battle already won, getting a little crazy huh? I thought this would be a hotly debated thread but it's full of people going by myth. People think "Superman!" and assume he's the God of all. Hulk would, can and has taken him.

-AC

moshtitan
i think you misunderstood me. i know hulk would win, as i have every hulk vs superman comic they've made and seen the results.i know hulks already beaten him, and could do it again. i was just implying my opinion on the superfast punch. i love the hulk, hes my favorite character ever, and no, i dont consider superman AS "the God of all." theres nothing i like more than seeing that tights wearing pansey get his ass handed to him.

Victor Von Doom
Well yes, in theory that scenario would probably stop just about anyone. As would in theory an infinitely strong Hulk. Neither really occur though.

vu_Quang
What if the battle lasted until the night? HUlk would have the advantage then cause the S-man's battery would start to discharge...

now it's no way superman could last that long inspite of his powers he doesnt have the hulk's indurance. Hulk only loses his endurance when he feels the threat is gone.

albeit if supes started getting tired he could always regroup himself and search for the hulk later to fight.

the thing about taking hulk into space well you'd have one angry hulk that you'd try to take a 13,000 mile (i really dont really know the distance) trip to space you have a helluva a struggle wouldnt you?

but what all the arguements said and done i think superman was intended to just be the man. so he wins hulk is the better entertaining read though.

good/bad writing can take the fight either way. supes could knock hulk next to a peice of kryptonite. if the peice is big enough hulk will throw it not knowing what it is and super man might not reconize it in time. of course hulk would see the weak and helpless superman figure out what was causing it. and do one of two things kick the kyptonite away to save superman or just leave superman to be left alone and die, the hulk i know wouldn't pound superman if he felt the threat was gone.

hulk wants to be left alone that and betty.

Alpha Centauri
If it came down to one on one, unbiased writing.

A brawl, multiple day brawl, Hulk would win. Sun goes down, Superman's batteries die. The only way Hulk stops is as you said, if he calms down. Superman is too brave to think "If I let Hulk go he'll calm down." He would be more like "If I let him go he could hurt people."

Anyway, I stand by what I've said coz it's based on actual events.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
His batteries don't die down in hours, it takes an entire day or so of total darkness to drain Superman of all his powers. Superman could last a night, definitly. He'd be charged again when the sun comes up.

Doesn't change the fact that Hulk would whoop his red yellow and blue ass.

FeceMan
I don't see the point in this thread if people are going to automatically disregard pertinent information. Personally, I think that the "space idea" isn't a BAD idea, it just seems a bit overused. On the ground, however, I think Superman would end up losing because of the time constraints pointed out.

I'd rather have Supes win just because he is smarter, but I've never liked either that much due to their near unstoppability.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not disregarding, not have I ever disregarded pertinent info. I acknowledge all of Superman's powers, I also acknowledge all of Hulk's which people seem to not do. The unlimited strength. People just don't seem to like that he does have unlimited strength. Supes may be smarter but as pointed out, I don't ever remember him using his intelligence alone to win and his intelligence against Hulk wouldn't do much to him, coz there isn't much you can do.

In my opinion Superman is often portrayed as being far more invulnerable and unstoppable than The Hulk. A standpoint, wrong in my opinion, that is being put into play here without being taken into consideration.

-AC

FrothByte
ok, before i start posting i'd like to say that i love hulk a lot more than superman... but here are a few facts i'd like to point out:

1.) Hulk may have unlimited strength depending on how mad he gets, but he doesn't have unlimited anger. a person(hulk) can only get so mad to a certain point. so in this case, hulk would only get sooo mad and nothing more which marks the upper limit of his strength. anyone who can't understand this has no business being in this forum.

2.) Superman is so fast hulk wouldn't even see his hits comming... and there ain't no way that hulk would be able to hit superman. regarding that doomsday-superman fight: the reason doomsday was allowed to hit superman was because superman wouldn't be interesting if no one was allowed to beat him. most comics don't show superman ultilizing his speed in fights because it wouldn't be much of a fight if you had superman's combination of speed and strength. there just wouldn't be an interesting fight for superman.

3.) superman doesn't immediately lose strength when the sun goes down. he is like a solar battery. do you guys know what a battery does? it stores energy. so superman stores energy from the sun... which means even if the sun is out, he would still have his stored energy.... and i do think his stored energy is enuf to last until daybreak. besides if didn't last, he could just fly away and resume the fight next morning.

Alpha Centauri
"Hulk may have unlimited strength depending on how mad he gets, but he doesn't have unlimited anger. a person(hulk) can only get so mad to a certain point. so in this case, hulk would only get sooo mad and nothing more which marks the upper limit of his strength. anyone who can't understand this has no business being in this forum."

Well he clearly hasn't ever reached his ultimate anger and wont for a long time. It's pretty safe to assume, that when he did, nobody would be a match for him. He has said himself, there are loads of ways he could be pissed off beyond belief. Many ways he can be turned into a raging beast, none of which have been tapped into. The only closely resembling factor was the last Abomination fight where he mentioned Betty.

"3.) superman doesn't immediately lose strength when the sun goes down. he is like a solar battery. do you guys know what a battery does? it stores energy. so superman stores energy from the sun... which means even if the sun is out, he would still have his stored energy.... and i do think his stored energy is enuf to last until daybreak. besides if didn't last, he could just fly away and resume the fight next morning."

Fact is he had never/will have never fought anyone like Hulk before. So all the energy he had stored he would be using to fight almost as instantly as he got it. So at night, whatever he had left would have to be used on keeping a still, very much battle ready Hulk, from tearing his head off. You say he could fly away. Regardless of how fast he is, you think Hulk wont SOMEHOW follow him? Besides, he flies so fast that he could only get a certain distance away before he came back on himself and started catching Hulk up again.

""2.) Superman is so fast hulk wouldn't even see his hits comming... and there ain't no way that hulk would be able to hit superman. regarding that doomsday-superman fight: the reason doomsday was allowed to hit superman was because superman wouldn't be interesting if no one was allowed to beat him. most comics don't show superman ultilizing his speed in fights because it wouldn't be much of a fight if you had superman's combination of speed and strength. there just wouldn't be an interesting fight for superman."

The reason I put this last is coz it proves alot of points. Well with all that in mind (what you just said), if they can't give him a good fight without dumbing him down, doesn't that seem to you like they made him pointlessly strong? Hulk's powers don't need to be dumbed down because no matter how unreal they are, they have purpose. Giving Superman powers to the point of cancelling certain qualities out because IF included they would render him and his comics unentertaining, says to me that he is a ridiculously powered character. Ridiculous in the sense that nobody thought things through properly when creating him.

-AC

FrothByte
amen to that! in this part i totally agree with you. superman was created without really much thought. they just wanted to create someone who had all the powers they could think of. an all around powerful being. that's why i hate superman, he is totally boring coz of his power. and like i said, i like hulk a lot more than superman... but i wouldn't want to sound biased for hulk coz i know that if written in paper, hulk wouldn't really match up to supes. i don't see any way that hulk could win if the writers really stuck true to the characters' attributes.

Alpha Centauri
"hulk wouldn't really match up to supes. i don't see any way that hulk could win if the writers really stuck true to the characters' attributes."

You haven't read "The Incredible Hulk Vs Superman"? You should. May change your mind. Hulk beats him twice. Once easily, once with a fight. It's a co-written Marvel/DC thing also. Not fan voting.

-AC

FrothByte
did you read my post correctly? i said, IF WRITTEN ON PAPER. or in other words, IF WRITTEN CORRECTLY then hulk wouldn't really match up to supes. i don't see any way that hulk could win if the writers really stuck true to the characters' attributes.

Im not referrencing any comic book writing here... coz if it was written in comics ofcourse they would try to make it a match worth writing about. you said it mas co-written by marvel and DC? well there are a lot of politics involved in writing a comic like that so im not gonna base my arguments on a comic book which we have no idea of how marvel and dc decided the outcome of.

Alpha Centauri
"i don't see any way that hulk could win if the writers really stuck true to the characters' attributes."

Well then isn't he a bit of a stupid opponent for anyone? Stupid meaning impractical. What's the point of saying Hulk is unbeatable except for Superman who would beat him by using Strength and Speed and Hulk wouldn't survive, when the writers themselves acknowledge this. I'm talking Hulk Vs Superman if it were fair. It was in equal share that they wrote that comic after their first fight was done on fan voting. DC upper offices agreed to it otherwise through breach of contract it couldn't have gone down.

-AC

SuperGeek
Hulk would win for sure! If Superman couldnot beat doomsday then why would he be able to defeat Hulk? To quote Juggernautfan or what ever yer name is ,, you said, " superman has a 40,000 str that is roughly 3 times stronger than Hulk" Well you're wrong dude if you want to pull out numbers Hulk can reach 100,000 tons and beyond I have seen all the DC MARVEL team up's and face offs . Don't for get man it's all in who is in controll of the story line.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Hulk cant beat supes if supes actually used all his abilities like his speed in the fight there is no way that hulk would be able to hit him hulk is fast but he cant hit someone going near speed of light and even if things starts to go bad for supes he could just fly to the sun real quick and get recharged again and then be back in it. The hulks base level of strength when he transforms in 100 tons supermans is 40000 tons so if he hit the hulk as hard as he could going speed of light (180000 mps) he would knock out hulk before he even had a chance to get real mad just like he did in marvel vs dc. Dc though usually dont let superman use his speed when he fights because it would be too easy of a fight.

Alpha Centauri
"Dc though usually dont let superman use his speed when he fights because it would be too easy of a fight."

Don't you understand? That is why they don't let him use his speed. Coz he is a VERY POORLY CREATED CHARACTER. They never thought it through when they used him. If he was as good as you say then what is the damn point in him even having fights? There is none. He is a faulty character. He has STUPIDLY powerful powers. It doesn't change the fact that he has used the speed against Hulk and lost....

You didn't even know about Superman Prime you fool. So it just shows what kind of a Supes fan you are.

You wanna talk about tons? Lets talk about the few billion Hulk lifted in Secret Wars. Bit out of Superman's range I think. Shut up then.

Everyone here knows Hulk is the far superior warrior. Everyone also knows DC were up slack alley and needed readers when they just created a man with everything. Go and research your favourite character. You clearly don't know anything about him to compete with me.

-AC

manjaro
After doing some frantic borderline fanboyish research I have no choice but to conclude that from a logical point of view superman is way stronger than the hulk. 1st of all I should point out that it is a known fact that DC has a Higher STR classifaction than Marvel. After they re-vamped the Story of Kal El in '86, they let us rediscover his powers step by step along with him. they showed him saying that his lifting things is a matter of will power rather than might. and he said this as he flew the cruise ship to safety after Luthor staged a terrosit attack(Man of Steel). This would be the eqivalent to Superboy's Tactile Telekinesis. Now dont get me wrong it is obvious that Hulk is the poster child for pure brute strength, but he only exceeds CL100 when he's super mad. sure his strength is potentially limitless, but other than Maestro saying that He's twice as strong as he's ever been(future imperfect) this level has never been seen.

Now the real root of my argument comes from the fact that Superman has consistently lifted heavier objects than the hulk.Mostly all the hulk has been doing over the years is smashing stuff, and then whenever he's compared to any other strong guy people always bring that "he lifted a whole mountain" thing into the mix. bottomline, i read in a Discover magazine that a bullet train weighs 80 tons, and the avg. sperm whale weighs in about a 120 tons. Of course this doesnt have any thing to do with comics but as I mentioned before among other things superman has lifted a cruise ship, which I'm sure weighs more than a whale and a train combined. Also we've seen him push Brainiac's war world out of orbit, and unless hulk gets really really really mad he's no where near these levels. And also I read in a profile that Superman can achieve 90% the Speed of light which would be 167,400 miles per sec. so all he'd have to do is couple his speed and strength and its over for the hulk

And another thing is Superman is strong 24/7 he doesnt have to get mad. So from a "logical" and realistic POV any sane person would go with Supes. Even though I'm sure EVERYONE is gonna disagree, and still bring up that mountain thing

lol

Jargon343
Many people seem to think that Doomsday is slow. However, in all the Doomsday comics, it was made clear (even if it was illistrated poorly) that Doomsday is as fast, or almost as fast as Superman.

blackwidowlover
I say superman
hed kick ass anyday

SUPERMANDAMAN
Damn who pissed in his corn flakes its people like u who get so pissy when they know they are wrong and u have to ruin the thread for everyone else. I mean look at the stats superman is stronger than the hulk unless he really really gets pissed, worlds faster and if we are talking about savage hulk superman is smarter and superman is more durable he has range and he can fly so basically superman has the hulk beat in everyway but its fan boys like u who cant accept it. and i guess not everyone knows that he is better cause everyone seems to be disagreeing with u.

Jargon343
You realize Superman was created before DC was incorperated, right?

Alpha Centauri
"so all he'd have to do is couple his speed and strength and its over for the hulk"

Was doing well until you rendered your whole argument invalid with one sentance.

Once again, for all you kids with the Superman play outfits, I'll tell you again.

Do you know WHY they don't let him use both to his highest extend? Do you? Well I shall tell you. Because it would be RIDICULOUS. Back when Superman was created they created the generic superhero. One who could do all. The reason why they don't use all of Superman's powers is because they realise now, as they didn't then, that it was STUPID to make such a regular combat hero, so powerful. Make him as he was, fights are over before they start and comic sales hit the floor faster than a whore at a pornfest. I mentioned the mountain once. Because it's relevant. We're not talking ounces here, we're talking billions of tons. If we're talking regular feats of strength, again it comes back to the stupidity of his power. Nobody has a favourite train so when he lifts the bullet train, not many people will stop reading and say "well that was dumb." Most will go "Whoa!". Yes it's impressive. However hype up a battle between Superman and someone and use his stupidly immense power, coz that is all they are when combined, and you have a pointless thing.

It doesn't erase the fact that when all was said and done, they used Superman's most realistic and believable combination of powers aaaaaaaaaand guess what? Hulk gave him a wedgie and sent him on his way.

I have said before I like Superman, but to claim he is anything but a ridiculously thought out character, powers wise, is ludicrous.

-AC

Jargon343
Well, Superman is the big boyscout. Granted he could just fly at superspeed and vaporize most (most) of his opponents, but he wouldn't do that because he doesn't want to kill, or even badly hurt anyone. Even after Waverider took Doomsday to the end of universe to kill him, Superman expressed sympathy towards the monsters demise...and Doomsday was responsible for millions of deaths across the universe, not just Supermans. I think that has always been the idea behind Superman, and one of the reasons people like him so much, that he is one of the most powerful beings in the universe physically, but is bound by his morals not to use them.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"so all he'd have to do is couple his speed and strength and its over for the hulk"

Was doing well until you rendered your whole argument invalid with one sentance.

Once again, for all you kids with the Superman play outfits, I'll tell you again.

Do you know WHY they don't let him use both to his highest extend? Do you? Well I shall tell you. Because it would be RIDICULOUS. Back when Superman was created they created the generic superhero. One who could do all. The reason why they don't use all of Superman's powers is because they realise now, as they didn't then, that it was STUPID to make such a regular combat hero, so powerful. Make him as he was, fights are over before they start and comic sales hit the floor faster than a whore at a pornfest. I mentioned the mountain once. Because it's relevant. We're not talking ounces here, we're talking billions of tons. If we're talking regular feats of strength, again it comes back to the stupidity of his power. Nobody has a favourite train so when he lifts the bullet train, not many people will stop reading and say "well that was dumb." Most will go "Whoa!". Yes it's impressive. However hype up a battle between Superman and someone and use his stupidly immense power, coz that is all they are when combined, and you have a pointless thing.

It doesn't erase the fact that when all was said and done, they used Superman's most realistic and believable combination of powers aaaaaaaaaand guess what? Hulk gave him a wedgie and sent him on his way.

I have said before I like Superman, but to claim he is anything but a ridiculously thought out character, powers wise, is ludicrous.

What are u talking about realistic they are comic books if they wanted to creat a man that could fart and blow up the world they could, scound off look at marvel i mean they created people like thanos and galactus and silver surfer all of them could beat superman,thirdly this thread isnt about superman fight realistically this is about him fighting the hulk all out using every trick he can and if that is the case yes superman has this one cause like i have said he is faster stronger and more durable and he can fly so how can the hulk beat someone who has him beat all the way around the hulk might have lifted a mountain but but superman pushed a world out of orbit i think that that might have it beat

moshtitan
yes if superman did use ALL his powers to his advantage, theres no way hulk could touch him.Literally. Thats way to fast for even hulk to touch. Ans Supes packs plenty enough punch to put hulk down, maybe not in one punch, but many coupled at near the speed of light will. And as far as Alpha saying hulk beat superman twice is far from the truth. i pulled out the ol' Hulk vs. Supes book and there is never a real winner. Yes, hulk does throw superman into space, but that doesnt mean hulk won. Supes went down keep fighting but Hulk had jumped away.That is not a victory for either opponent.The second time they fight, they both get in there share a licks. The 2nd fight as it happens.....Superman sees hulk. He flies into him pretty fast(not near top speed) Hits hulk in the gut. Hulk flies through aprox. 5 mountains, and ends up under a pile of rocks dazed and apparently disoriented. Hulks exct words"UNGH....?" Superman grabs the hulks leg and spins him around in the air very fast and lets go putting hulk through a patch of cacti. Hulk picks up some of the cacti thorns, places them in his mouth, and spits them at Superman. Somehow they end up in the sky with hulk grabing supermans face. superman flies into hulks gut with the armys missles exploding all around them. they fall into a missle launching vehicle. Supermans words"That...Actually came CLOSE to knocking the wind out of me."
Hulk begins throwing the missles and superman deactivates them w/ his heat vision. Superman takes a good swing at hulks face sending him through a few army jeeps, and halfway into a mountain. Hulk busts out, and says "Nothing can stop Hulk!!!NOTHING!!" Then Lex Luthor turns on a gamma gun that brings both heros to their knees. Hulk relizing many lives are at stake, allows superman to throw him after saying "I'm with you!"Hulk flies into the gun destroying it.
now how you got a Hulk victory out of that i have no idea. but you should start suppying all the facts when trying to make a point. Neither opponenet won. it was a typical stalemate.

manjaro
whoa whoa slow down buddy i didnt say that superman was the greatest character ever concieved, like i said from a realistic point of view he's stronger than the hulk. In fact if you check superman's complete history you'll see that after he was created nin the late 1930's soon after WW2 started and the creators turned around and used him for propaganda and morale boosting purposes. as a result, they gave him godlike powers where he could split stars, shatter moons, and breathe in space , yet he was still only facing off against petty criminals, mafia guys, and foreign spies.

of course, it would be utterly ridicululous to have him use both speed and str in a battle, as many have said it would be pointless. in fact, the only time in recent history he did that was when that imperiex probe destroyed his parents farm and he got mad and went berserk, and I remember saying to myself why couldnt he have done this all along. As far as the train and whale thiing I just threw that in ther to demonstate from a real world perspective.

and surprise surprise that whole mountain thing was brought up again. Does any one honestly believe that Superman couldnt do the same?

moshtitan
im sure he could lift that mountain if it came down to it.

manjaro
point is, superman got the hulk beat all round dude. it justa matter if willing to accept it. and for they record, i dont have any superman play out fits, now underwear on the other hand.........

Alpha Centauri
"What are u talking about realistic they are comic books "

You said in this thread before that Hulk would lose in space coz he couldn't jump and when I said it's just a comic you said it doesn't matter.

Shut up you hypocrite.

"of course, it would be utterly ridicululous to have him use both speed and str in a battle, as many have said it would be pointless"

Exactly. So why are we still going on? DC picked what they believed were his most powerful, beneficial and believable attributes and used them. He lost. You are just going by if's.

"point is, superman got the hulk beat all round dude. "

Why do people keep dismissing the fact that Hulk beat Superman. Actually beat him. In a comic. Twice.

-AC

moshtitan
NO!!! HE NEVER ACTAULLY BEAT HIM!!! read my post from earlier.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Holy crap he wont stop its like he is the hulks lover, First off the space thing i stated because the hulk has been punched into space by cosmic spiderman and he was stuck up there secound off how can u argue when the hulk is beaten all the way around and second in the comic it wasnt a clean cut victory superman wasnt laying on the ground bloody and knocked not to mention dont even say superman was using all of his abilities because if he was hulk wouldnt of been able to hit him out but in the other comics it was a clean victory twice

moshtitan
finally someone sees the light.

Alpha Centauri
"Holy crap he wont stop its like he is the hulks lover"

Hehe...hehehe....ahah..Ahahaha.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*Wipes tears of laughter from face*

Good one. Oh boy hahaha. Coming from you that was pretty rich.

Anyway, Mosh Titan I believe you were saying Superman never beat the Hulk.

"Yes, hulk does throw superman into space, but that doesnt mean hulk won."

Hulk came out better off, constitutes victory. Also, the 2nd bout, I never said Superman never put a beating on Hulk. I said Hulk won. Yeah Superman does alot but when does Hulk ever get anything done to him beyond disorientation? Never. He actually says nothing can stop The Hulk. Superman needed Hulk at the end more than Hulk needed Superman. You aren't proving that Superman gets a victory or beats Hulk. You are proving what I admitted back in the early pages. That Superman does put a whooping down. Hulk is unphased by any of it enough to give Superman the victory. It's plain to see.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, not to you Mosh. I think you're cool. That was to the joke Supermandaman said.

Hulk's lover......hilarious.

-AC

moshtitan
well, after that post, you should see why it was a satlemate.

SUPERMANDAMAN
What dont u get about superman not fighting to his full abilities in that comic against the hulk because like always superman will hold back.

Victor Von Doom
He wasn't holding back against Doomsday.

manjaro
What about that MArvel DC crossover Entitled versus. This was the one about the whole brothers being the universe thing. Hulk was matched up against superman, and he came out with his tough talk and superman laid waste of him.In fact if i can quote Supes he said, "he took everything I had and almost stood up to it, nothing left now"

then we see the Hulks hand laying under a pile of rubble. to my know;edge that one had nothing to do with fan voting

Alpha Centauri
"then we see the Hulks hand laying under a pile of rubble. to my know;edge that one had nothing to do with fan voting"

To my knowledge it did. Because Superman won, very famously, as voted by the fans.

"He wasn't holding back against Doomsday."

Exactly. The one modelled to be like The Hulk. He wasn't holding back against him. Which does raise a startling point doesn't it?

The one time Superman gave it his ALL. What happened? He won sure. But he died. He ran outta gas. He took a walk. He kicked the bucket. Whatever you wanna say, he died.

Maybe this is why he holds back. Coz he knows he can't go as far as people think.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Alright i think doomsday is a lil tougher than hulk.

Alpha Centauri
"Alright i think doomsday is a lil tougher than hulk."

Rip offs are never tougher. Hulk owns Doomsday and that's a cold hard fact.

Either way, Superman said himself that to fight The Hulk you'd have to be insane. Superman KNOWS about The Hulk so he knows he'd never be able to afford to hold back against him. You're crumbling. Leave it be.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
How do u figure it was fan vote and not to mention if marvel and dc both aproved it then its a victory, As i have said before superman is stronger than the hulk faster and more durable and doomsday is kryptonian like superman so he is just as strong and as fast not to mention he is just a big mass of invulnerable muscle and he has sharp bones coming out of his fist and everywhere else so that is also is an advantage

Alpha Centauri
"How do u figure it was fan vote "

Coz......it was voted for by fans? It's a well known fact that Superman beat Hulk by fan vote. To be honest, with people like you running around quoting Marvel Encyclopedia and NO comic material whatsoever, I'm not surprised he won.

"As i have said before superman is stronger than the hulk"

And as I have proven before, you're wrong. He's not. Faster, yes. Stronger, no.

"he has sharp bones coming out of his fist and everywhere else so that is also is an advantage"

Superman is affected by mere bone? Hulk takes adamantium claws to the gut and laughs.

-AC

moshtitan
Superman is stronger than hulk, but hulk has the potential to be stronger. also if hulk and doomsday ever met (assuming this wasnt a smart version of the hulk) hulk would win their first battle, maybee the second but there would come a point in time when doomsday would be able to beat hulk based on fighting alone. Doomsdays bones arent mere bone. Thery actually pierced Supermans skin. A feat hulk has never accomplished. if one is able to even make superman bleed then that being is a formidable match for anyone, because superman is invulnerable. . Doomsdays also much faster than Hulk. Doomsdays bones can be extended, and he is far more fierce than hulk. Im not taking doomsdays side, but everyone underestimates Doomsday.

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off did u write to the author of the comic and ask him if it was fan voted second off the most we have ever seen hulk lift is that mountain that we are always reminded of so what superman moved a planet out of its orbit. Face it if superman used every one of his abilities hulk would go down so fast he would know what happened.

Alpha Centauri
"First off did u write to the author of the comic and ask him if it was fan voted "

Do you actually own any comics? Serious. Because everyone.......EVERYONE knows, it's comic knowledge, that Superman beat Hulk by fan vote. That whole comic was fan voted. It's even mentioned in the blurb or synopsis I'm sure. Either way, it's know that it's fan voted. It is, just coz you don't...it doesn't mean it isn't. You say is Superman used all his powers. The reason he doesn't is coz the writers themselves know how flawed he is as a character. Not because he holds back, as much as you LOVE to think so.

"Superman is stronger than hulk, but hulk has the potential to be stronger."

Hit the nail right on the head there. Which is why I consistently and vehemently back Hulk's strength. Because he could ALWAYS get stronger. Emotions are like numbers, infinate. So none of that he can get SO mad. I could just say, but he could get a bit madder. Which he could. The point is, against Superman, who would give him a heck of a fight and has done. Never have I denied it, he'd EASILY reach new heights of anger and strength quickly purely on the basis of:

A) Knowing who he is up against. Coz Hulk in the comics is no longer the complete dumb brute he was. Yet is stronger than ever, I believe.

B) Due to the beatings both would sustain and give, he would get stronger bu default. To endure it.

"if one is able to even make superman bleed then that being is a formidable match for anyone, because superman is invulnerable"

Doomsday's protruding spikes couldn't pierce Surfer, coz Surfer is infact invulnerable. If Superman were invulnerable he wouldn't have been cut.

"Doomsdays also much faster than Hulk."

That story is likely. Hulk is more agile though. So, they both cancel each other out.

"Doomsdays bones can be extended, and he is far more fierce than hulk. Im not taking doomsdays side, but everyone underestimates Doomsday."

Have you read Hulk #52 when he fights Abomination? I don't believe Doomsday is more fierce than Hulk. Wild yes. Wild and fierce are different though. I know Doomsday is a worthy adversary but he isn't as good as people thought/think. He didn't survive Superman. Superman didn't survive the battle but he survived Doomsday long enough to see the battle out.

-AC

Jargon343
I assume this means that Wolverine stuck his claws in Hulks stomach?

Also, is it true that Hulk is effected by Gamma radiation?

SUPERMANDAMAN
OMG what the hell are u talking about Hulk could never beat superman superman is way too fast for hulk to even hit him and hulks strength starts off at 100 tons supermans 40000 tons its not like hulk is instantly going to be like man im pissed and be stronger than superman no it will take a long time 100 to 40000 is a huge jump and superman would just knock him out before he has a chance to get that pissed like he has done before the hulk can be knock out i mean he was beatin by abomination before and superman is way stronger and faster than abomination.

Alpha Centauri
Wolverine's claws haven't appeared to have any major effect in battles that Hulk cannot recover from. We're talking about the man who held his own entrails together while he healed over his own hand, ripped his hand out then healed again.

Gamma radiation, to my knowledge affects Hulk. Can be manipulated to be for negative or positive purpose though I guess.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
"OMG what the hell are u talking about Hulk could never beat superman superman is way too fast for hulk to even hit him and hulks strength starts off at 100 tons supermans 40000 tons its not like hulk is instantly going to be like man im pissed and be stronger than superman no it will take a long time 100 to 40000 is a huge jump and superman would just knock him out before he has a chance to get that pissed like he has done before the hulk can be knock out i mean he was beatin by abomination before"

I swear you have made the same post about 50 times. All based on Encyclopedias and speed. Abomination has had two recorded fights with The Hulk. Lost them both.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Well what else am i suppose to compare them on if i state that he has beatin him to times in the comics u just say this its fan voted or some bs and if someone is faster stronger and more durable then u u would think that they can win hulk can be beatin.

SUPERMANDAMAN
How about this Superman goes gets a nuke and drops it on hulk seeing as how hulk cant survive a direct hit and superman can i think supes would have it. or is that just more stats for u

Jargon343
Alright, well if Wolverine could put his claws into Hulk, then Hulk couldn't be that tough to cut. If wolverine can cut him then Superman or Doomsday could rip him to shreds. Dunno if he'd be able to heal or not.

If Gamma radiation has a negative effect on him, then a trip into space would be bad news. Lots of nasty radiation in space.

FeceMan
AC, you deserve a prize.

Alpha Centauri
"Well what else am i suppose to compare them on if i state that he has beatin him to times in the comics u just say this its fan voted or some bs "

Well the Superman win that you cling to was fan voted. I'm not saying it for fun. That's the only comic you know.

"How about this Superman goes gets a nuke and drops it on hulk seeing as how hulk cant survive a direct hit and superman can i think supes would have it. or is that just more stats for u"

Nope. Superman can survive a nuke. If you read the Hulk Vs Thor from a long while back, the army drop a nuke on Hulk and he shrugs it off pretty much. That's a fact.

Apu from The Simpsons has a catchphrase you should take heed of now.

"AC, you deserve a prize"

Indeed I do. I do.

-AC

vu_Quang
it's a big jump but so isnt it a big jump from banner to hulk?? let's say bruce can press 500 lb. changeing to hulk is a jump to 100tons?? thats an increase of 400times!!!!

if the hulk can just duplicate that exponintal feat he'd be at 40000 tons squarely with supes.

the hulk is willing to make the jump because the hulk doesnt go down without a fight.

SUPERMANDAMAN
http://www.buyersmls.com/comics/hulksuperman/supermantvstuff/hulk7.jpg

go there

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>