who is the greatist guitarist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth tyrant
who do u think the greatist guitar player is??

Bierbommetje
Jimi probably

darth tyrant
why do u think jimmy page is the greatist

Victor Von Doom
He said Jimi (Hendrix).

The True Fear
slash

knight
Dave Davies (The Kinks)

http://www.kevinreynolds.co.uk/kevinreynolds/new/uploads/MUSIC2~1/DAVE-D~1.JPG

darth tyrant
oic jimi hendrix my mistake, anyway i think that eddy van halen is the greatist!!

nick1811
dimebag darrel, no question about it, just listen to the solo in floods...

KharmaDog
What's the criteria that we're using to define greatest?

Alpha Centauri
Being able to actually play, according to some of the people on this forum, it seems.

-AC

eggmayo
Jimi, Jimmy, Dimebag.

Otaku
John Petrucci erm

Steve Harris rock

hellraiser34
Stevie Ray Vahn

skywalker1
eddie van halen

darth tyrant
yea come on people dimebag and eddy are the best no question about it!!!

alic88
Joe Satriana, Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci

Michikawa
Hard to say who's the greatest because styles and goals vary so much. I enjoy Pat Metheny's playing a lot. Mike Stern is also good one, John McLaughlin too.

The Highlord
Guys in my sig big grin

MC Brown Shoes
Prince, anyone?

Alpha Centauri
^^^Excellent choice.

-AC

XCall 0f KtuluX
Steve Vai

Bierbommetje
Django Reinhard and Billy Gibbons are also up there.

Darthburgerking
I know it's cliche, but Hendrix.

knight
DAVE DAVIES

http://www.kevinreynolds.co.uk/kevinreynolds/new/uploads/MUSIC2~1/DAVE-D~1.JPG

QueenRock
Brian May people? Anybody who says he's useless is talking through their arse. The man is a legend, an excellent guitarist.

Dordaness
I ave to say its the popular yet almighty Slash from Velvet Revolver and GN'R ive seen VR live and they are awesome

crazylozer
I gotta say Carlos Santana

alic88
^ i think Santana is over-rated. Doesnt mean he isnt good though

knight
The Late Great (Stuart Adamson)

Rockon
Angus Young , Slash, Brian May, Jimmy Page. So up yours everybody!!!!!

Libertine
Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy page, Brian May, Matthew Bellamy, George Harrison and Prince

Alpha Centauri
Matt Bellamy isn't britain's best. Let alone capable of being mentioned with Hendrix, Page and Prince.

He's good, that's it.

-AC

Otaku
Nobody noticed i put a bass player on my list....ah well

Df02
go back a few years and noone would say Dimebag... it's something about death that makes people think theyre better than they are

Libertine
Matt Bellamy is great.

U_CHODE
JIMI PAGE!!!! ANGUS YOUNG!!! SLASH!! cool

Michikawa
Well it's impossible to compare different players because their goals are also so different. But I personally find Pat Metheny's playing to be really enjoyable. He has this easy, flowing and harmonic way which really makes you go "wow" over and over again. Some nice chops too smile

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Libertine
Matt Bellamy is great.

He's not anywhere remotely close to being the best in england, which means you mentioning him here is irrelevant unless it's personal choice, which I'm not too sure applies here.

-AC

Libertine
of course it does. I personally think he is one the greatest guitarists.

ireland god
Originally posted by alic88
Joe Satriana, Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci brian may is the best player

ireland god
it as to be brian may or slash
devil rock raver shifty

cindy8219
Eric Clapton for me.

Slay
John Petrucci stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Libertine
of course it does. I personally think he is one the greatest guitarists.

Yeah but that's personal preference. You may like him that much, but factually he is nowhere even near Britain's best. He uses way too many effect and his guitar has about 90 different features to allow him to do that.

Many of the REAL greatest could make him look like an amputee with a Fisher Price guitar.

This is about overall. Matt Bellamy, regardless of how much you like him, isn't on the level praise at which you put him.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Influence is probably the best non-opinion-based factor to judge a mucisian.

And in that category, Hendrix wins hands down.

Maya Zurak
Hendrix

exanda kane
Hendrix

Grimm Reaper
all the guys from Iron Maiden! Adrian Smith, Janick Gers, Dave Murray and Steve Harris. Also the guys from Judas Priest KK Downing and Glenn Tipton! Yay

Slay
Steve Harris is a bass player...

VoodooChile89
Alot of people are completely shallow about this 'best guitar player' business
But my list will probably piss some people off... but I can back myself up

TOM MORELLO (Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave) - he is constantly inventing new ways to conquer a guitar, ways that other guitarists can't understand

SYNYSTER GATES (Avenged Sevenfold) - he is the backbone of all A7X songs, he writes all the music for the guitars and he attended the Musician's Institute in Hollywood and graduated with a degree from the Guitar Institute of Technology sector of the program.

JIMMY PAGE (Led Zeppelin) - his writing is remarkable. Zeppelin riffs get stuck in your head for pretty much your entire life!

DIMEBAG DARRELL (Pantera/Damageplan) - I don't need to explain this one!

JIMI HENDRIX (The Jimi Hendrix Experience/Band Of Gypsys) - He was completely self-taught and one of the best improvisers of all time!

Finally, two guitarists I'm surprised weren't posted yet...
RANDY RHOADS (Quiet Riot/Ozzy Osbourne) - SHOULDN'T need to explain Randy!

ZAKK WYLDE (Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society) - the fastest fingers in the goddamn world! solos are godlike... he plays pinch harmonics better than ANY other guitarist!

VoodooChile89
I would like to add someone who wasn't on my list before that should be...

JEFF LOOMIS (Nevermore) - Ever heard of him? If you haven't, it's your loss... If all guitarists these days were like Loomis then I might actually be more interested in today's music... (He also made random apperances on Bam's CKY dvd's)

Alpha Centauri
I don't care for anyone who associates themselves with that mug.

No, stop saying Synyster Gates just because you like him. He's nowhere near candidate for best guitarist ever, is he? No. Let's be realistic. He's nowhere near worthy of being mentioned with those names.

He's quite fast. So is Malmsteen, big deal.

I always thought these greatest threads were about the greatest, not "Name as many guitarists as you can".

-AC

BobbyD
I'm going to go with Hendrix, Satriani, and Vai in no order for various reasons. They're all 1A. Then there's a case that can be made for the 1Bs.

I'm an aspiring one-day great guitarist myself stick out tongue, been playing for 6 years...consider myself an intermediate...good enough to play in a rock cover band in bar and taverns....probably not going to get any better than that.

However, for those who think Angus Young of AC/DC is a good guitar player, you're unfortunately mistaken or can't see that he really doesn't play anything other than simple chords. Don't get me wrong, I like Angus, but the music of AC/DC I think is clouding some of your perceptions of Angus' playing abilities.

I often wondered why my guitar instructor asked me to listen to Angus first when I first started to pick up a guitar 6 years ago.....I know why, or knew so after 6 months....nothing he does is difficult.

The Rev
the best guitarist ever is synister gates from avenged sevenfold i saw him live and he was ****ing awesome.

BobbyD
Kids....ugh, no sense of history. But, I used to be just like you newbies. stick out tongue laughing

Alpha Centauri
This is what I mean.

"Synyster is the greatest ever, better than any other guitarist."

"Why?"

"Because I saw him live and I believe him to be awesome."

Irrelevant, he's not the best ever. Fact. Yes, fact.

-AC

bakerboy
Add to the list the great George Harrison. He was a amazing guitar player.

Alpha Centauri
Why are people just naming really good guitarists or guitarists they like? That's not the point of the thread.

The point of this thread is the greatest ever.

-AC

VoodooChile89
The only reason I named so many is because I couldn't decide which one was the best out of all of them... and what's your beef with Syn? you don't have to like A7X... but you should not try and get other people to live by YOUR opinion... do you play guitar AC? and did you read Synyster's credentials? I think you just have TOO much respect for the oldies! I mean don't get me wrong... I LOVE THE OLDIES (just check out my list above) and if they had the technology we did today, they'd be even better... but I'm not just talking ability... because that's not even half of it... I'm also speaking of writing ability and stage/studio presence... so just keep that in mind.

BobbyD
whistle

VoodooChile89
Is that face good or bad for me? lol

BobbyD
No Voodoo, not meant for you at all.

It seems after your response I may have AC stuck in a contradiction form a previous thread. I know he means well, he's just wound a tad tighter than the rest of us.

Just giving him a dose of his own special medicine. stick out tongue

VoodooChile89
AC, after going through this thread I've realized... you haven't even posted your choice as greatest guitarist! All you've done is shoot down other people opinions because they aren't the same as yours... how about you grace all of us with (what you seem to think is...) the best guitarist... and then we'll see who gets shot down!

Alpha Centauri
Nobody has me stuck in a contradiction. It's not a matter of oldies. If Synyster Gates was genuinely one of the best ever (which is what this thread is about, not really good guitarists, just ones that are candidates for best ever) then I would give him his dues. He's not though is he? Step out of the bubble in which you really like him. Look at the kind of people who are the best ever:

Vai, Satch, Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, Jeff Beck, Hendrix etc.

He's nowhere near as good as Tom Morello, Dimebag or such is he? And they're not the best ever.

Originally posted by VoodooChile89
The only reason I named so many is because I couldn't decide which one was the best out of all of them... and what's your beef with Syn? you don't have to like A7X... but you should not try and get other people to live by YOUR opinion... do you play guitar AC? and did you read Synyster's credentials? I think you just have TOO much respect for the oldies! I mean don't get me wrong... I LOVE THE OLDIES (just check out my list above) and if they had the technology we did today, they'd be even better... but I'm not just talking ability... because that's not even half of it... I'm also speaking of writing ability and stage/studio presence... so just keep that in mind.

That's all very well and good, but you're missing the point here.

YOU love Synyster Gates, right? I have no "beef" with the man but this thread is about greatest guitarists ever. EVER. Not "Post a guitarists you really like." The same thing is happening in the drummer thread.

My favourite guitarist ever is Tom Morello, possibly Adam Jones. Hardly oldies since they came to fruition in the 90s. So that puts away your little theory of catching me in a contradiction. I haven't named them though, why? Because I don't think they're the best ever.

Regardless of being an oldie, Jimi Hendrix is the best ever. Unless we are discussing purely technical playing, in which case Joe Satriani or Steve Vai.

People need to set criteria for these threads. What are we judging on? Technical skill or is it a personal preference thread? You'll never ever find the best for personal preference, it's stupid to try.

-AC

VoodooChile89
Synyster Gates might not seem that good now... but just like Hendrix, in 10, 20 or 30 years... he might be viewed as a legend... and you're right... they should put critieria on these threads...

p.s. in my Guitar World magazine Steve Vai told them in an interview that Yngwie and Dimebag were better shredders... just some info.

you don't have to be afraid to stand up for Tom... he's on my list! I would've respected it if you put his name straight up! and you have to admit... my choices aren't as NEAR as bad as some other people on this thread, right?

BobbyD
Nice save, AC....geez, still so much hostility though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by VoodooChile89
Synyster Gates might not seem that good now... but just like Hendrix, in 10, 20 or 30 years... he might be viewed as a legend... and you're right... they should put critieria on these threads...

p.s. in my Guitar World magazine Steve Vai told them in an interview that Yngwie and Dimebag were better shredders... just some info.

you don't have to be afraid to stand up for Tom... he's on my list! I would've respected it if you put his name straight up! and you have to admit... my choices aren't as NEAR as bad as some other people on this thread, right?

Yngwie is a great technical player when it comes to speed, beyond that he's not much.

Second, I'm not afraid to stand up for Tom. I don't believe he's the best ever though, so me liking him is irrelevant here. Hence the base of my argument.

You love Synyster, I have no beef with him. I have no beef with the guys in Avenged, they aren't on my musician hate list. I just don't like their music. It's not diabolically shit, it's just not overly good, to me at least.

The point is, this is about the best ever. Synyster isn't one of those. Nor is he close to being. You've admitted this, so I don't see why you need to name him just because you like him.

-AC

VoodooChile89
I guess all that I'm trying to say is... Avenged Sevenfold is a breath of fresh air within the newer hard rock or metal bands that are coming out... and especially with their new sound, they've really impressed me... I'm just going by personal preference, you're right... I'm just trying to get A7X respected by people other than emos who just like them 'cause of their look or whatever lol

Alpha Centauri
Well using the term "emos" isn't the best way to garner respect in a musical community, but that's another matter.

To you they're a breath of fresh air, to me they're another alarm clock metal band.

The crux of the matter is, Synyster has no place in this thread because it's about the greatest guitarist/s of all time. Of which he is not one.

-AC

KharmaDog
I would never bother to try and say who was the greatest ever, yo many intangibles, too many variables.

But in discussing great guitarists, it's funny how people are only mentioning 'rock' guitarists. What about Stevie ray Vaughn or Pat Metheny?

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
People need to set criteria for these threads. What are we judging on? Technical skill or is it a personal preference thread? You'll never ever find the best for personal preference, it's stupid to try.

-AC I don't think you'll find the best for technical skill either. Either way it's just people naming guitarists.. nothing gets proved or solved... so that would just make it another opinion based thread. No different from one based on personal preference.

Alpha Centauri
I'm still not even sure of the criteria.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Gilbert is probably the best technically.

Vai for versatility perhaps; EVH is all round great.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I don't think you'll find the best for technical skill either. Either way it's just people naming guitarists.. nothing gets proved or solved... so that would just make it another opinion based thread. No different from one based on personal preference.

Well you can, because there are guitarists with more technical ability than others.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I understand, but even technical ability has no clear cut way to judge who's the "best" at it, because if it did and was an undeniable fact backed up by proof, then there would be one universal answer to the question "who's the greatest guitarist ever?" There obviously isn't.

It's just like sports.. players may have factual statistics and may out perform other players in specific areas, but there's no way to proove who the best quarterback was even through statistics.

Basically as long as you're using the word "best" it's going to be opinion based about 99% of the time.

Alpha Centauri
Well, there is. Jimi Hendrix.

That's universally accepted by anyone who really matters. From the best guitarists today, to people who just love music.

-AC

Afro Cheese
"Universally accepted by anyone that matters" is just an elitist rewording of it being partially accepted.

Of course, if Jimi Hendrix really was factually the best guitarist in terms of technical ability, you could always post some factual proof in favor of this argument. Otherwise, this thread remains as subjective as a personal preference thread. It's just people throwing out names. There's nothing factual or objective about it.

Alpha Centauri
The only reason you'll never find a best is because it'd be a bit hard to round up everyone in the world.

If this was possible, the best could be proven on technical ability. Because is one can do things better, as well as things that other guitarists can't do, then they would obviously be the best. Not finding the best has nothing to do with it being subjective.

Technique isn't subjective. Tom Morello is technically better than Adam Levine from Maroon 5 isn't he? No amount of "Well opinions..." is changing this fact.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I'm not arguing that technique is subjective, only that it works on many levels and who's to say which "area" of technical ability is the most important? I think it's possible to prove one guitarist better than another if you set a specific criteria. Could be speed, timing, accuracy.. whatever. Just as long as you set a criteria and limit the options (like in the case between Adam Levine and Tom Morello). However just saying the "greatest guitarist ever," even if only going by technique, leaves an endless amount of options for potential guitarists and also makes the question subjective cause different guitarists excel in different areas in technique, and different types of technical playing are not always directly comparable.

Which is why on topics like these, unless they're super specific, it's always going to be left to opinion. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be much of a discussion.

Alpha Centauri
There is possibly a best overall technical guitarist, in terms of who is better at the most criteria. This is obviously not gonna happen on KMC.

Your post just emphasised my entire point being that these threads should be titled favourite, not best. Because people are naming guitarists irrelevant to the thread.

There's no point discussing actual best, because whilst there is one, we won't be finding it will we?

-AC

Afro Cheese
I thought what you were saying is that people shouldn't be posting favorites, but should be posting guitarists that they can factually back up as the best. If all you were suggesting was a name change than I guess I misunderstood. Seemed like you were objecting to people's choices more than the title of the thread.

This is an assumption but if there is a best technically I would guess that he is probably a classical guitarist rather than a guitarist in a rock or jazz band. Just a guess, since they show the most emphasis on technique.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Afro Cheese

This is an assumption but if there is a best technically I would guess that he is probably a classical guitarist rather than a guitarist in a rock or jazz band. Just a guess, since they show the most emphasis on technique.

That's arguable. Vai, Satch, Gilbert, Malmsteen et al are more or less primarily about technique.

VoodooChile89
Like AC said, you couldn't round up everyone in the world... and you can't just say Hendrix because there could be hobbyists or just people who play in their basements who could be the best technical guitar player... Hendrix was a kick ass player, but he was sloppy as f*ck! but either way it's gonna be about opinions in the end...

Metal4Life89
This question is so easy the greatest guitarist would easily be Synister Gates of A7X and anybody that disagrees has never tried to play a7x or taken the time to listin to them

Alpha Centauri
I swear you're one person with many socks.

-AC

jaden101
after listening alot more to trace bundy i'd have to stick him up there among the great guitar players...which is quite an achivement for an acoustic guitarist

check him out if you haven't already

http://www.tracebundy.com/FlashSite/FLASH.html

commander fox
Martin gore

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, why? Because you love Depeche Mode?

-AC

commander fox
you know hwo martin gore is?

Alpha Centauri
No, I have no idea. I just said what I did for a laugh and hoped I'd get lucky.

Of course I know who he is. He's hardly the greatest guitarist.

-AC

Lord_Iniquitous
I would say anyone is "the best" because everyone has different tastes, but my list of top players:

Les Paul
Vinnie Vincent
Yngwie Malmsteen
George Lynch
Alot of the old country guitar players, not the modern guys, they all of delusions of being rock stars. i'm talking the real country players, the chicken pickers, that is one of the most technically difficult styles to master. And that's saying something because I pretty much loath country. But I appreciate anyone with talent.

Pandemoniac
There is a difference between being able to play the guitar to the max (fast, complicated, technical) and making appealing music. For me the guys in the latter category are the best players, cause even if they can't pull all the tricks, they are honey to the ears. And I prefer that above insanely difficult yet annoying music.

Pezmerga
Hey Ill throw in some names for Discussion!
1. Jimi Hendrix* - Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. Eric Clapton - Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & The Dominos, Solo
3. Jimmy Page - Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm
4. Jeff Beck - Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, Solo
5. Eddie Van Halen - Van Halen
6. Stevie Ray Vaughan* - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
7. Joe Satriani - Solo
8. Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmores Night
9. Steve Vai - David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Solo
10. David Gilmour - Pink Floyd, Solo
11. John Petrucci - Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment
12. Randy Rhoads* - Quiet Riot, Ozzy
13. Allan Holdsworth - Solo
14. Paul Gilbert - Mr. Big, Racer X, Solo
15. Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force, Solo
16. Phil Keaggy - Glass Harp, Solo
17. Jason Becker - Cacophony, David Lee Roth Band, Solo
18. John Mclaughlin- Mahavishnu Orchestra
19. Duane Allman* - Allman Brothers Band, Derek & the Dominos
20. Chuck Berry - Solo
21. Eric Johnson - Solo
22. Steve Howe - Yes, Solo
23. Neal Schon - Santana, Journey, Solo
24. Brian May - Queen
25. Gary Moore - Thin Lizzy, Colosseum II, Skid Row, Solo
26. Bo Diddley - Solo
27. Steve Morse - Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs, Steve Morse Band, Solo
28. Carlos Santana - Santana
29. Tony Iommi - Black Sabbath
30. Buckethead - Guns N' Roses, Solo
31. Mark Knopfler - Dire Straits, Solo
32. Marty Friedman - Cacophony, Megadeth, Solo
33. Nuno Bettencourt - Extreme, Mourning Widows
34. Shawn Lane* - Willy, Solo
35. Kirk Hammett - Metallica
36. Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions
37. Terry Kath* - Chicago Transit Authority
38. Alex Lifeson - Rush
39. Frank Zappa* - Mothers of Invention, Solo
40. Rory Gallagher* - Solo
41. Dimebag Darrell* - Pantera
42. Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac, Solo
43. Robin Trower - Procal Harum, Solo
44. Slash - Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver
45. Mick Taylor - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Rolling Stones
46. Robert Fripp - King Crimson
47. Tom Morello - Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave
48. Michael Schenker - Scorpions, UFO, MSG, Contraband
49. Ry Cooder - Solo
50. Angus Young - AC/DC
51. Keith Richards - Rolling Stones, Solo
52. Michael Angelo Batio - Nitro, Solo
53. John Squire - Stone Roses
54. Pete Townshend - The Who
55. Steve Hackett - Genisis
56. Zakk Wylde - Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society
57. George Harrison* - Beatles, Traveling Wilberys, Solo
58. Alvin Lee - Ten Years After
59. Dave Davies - Kinks
60. Jerry Cantrell - Alice In Chains, Solo
61. Steve Stevens - Billy Idol
62. Johnny Winter - Solo
63. Dickie Betts - Allman Brothers Band, Dickey Betts & Great Southern
64. John Cipollina* - Quicksilver Messenger Service
65. Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
66. Steve Cropper - Booker T. & MG's/Stax sessions
67. Adrian Belew - King Crimson
68. Joe Bonamassa - Solo
69. Steve Lukather - Toto, Solo
70. Jerry Garcia* - Grateful Dead
71. Joe Perry - Aerosmith
72. Prince - Prince & The Revolution
73. Kim Mitchell - Max Webster, Solo
74. Adrian Smith - Iron Maiden
75. Dave Murray - Iron Maiden
76. Neil Young - Buffalo Springfield, CSNY, Solo
77. Billy Gibbons - ZZ Top
78. Tony MacAlpine - Solo
79. Mike McCready - Pearl Jam
80. Adam Jones - Tool
81. Gary Hoey - Solo
82. Leslie West - Mountain, Solo
83. Peter Frampton - Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel, Solo
84. Dick Dale - Del-Tones
85. Vito Bratta - White Lion
86. Mickey "Guitar" Baker - 50's sessions/ Mickey & Sylvia
87. John Frusciante - Red Hot Chili Peppers
88. Ronnie Montrose - Montrose, Edgar Winter Group
89. Mick Ronson* - David Bowie, Solo
90. Roy Buchanan* - Solo
91. Warren Haynes - Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule
92. Vinnie Moore - Alice Cooper, Solo
93. Robbie Krieger - Doors, Solo
94. Chris DeGarmo - Queensryche
95. Jake E. Lee - Cutting Crew, Ozzy, Badlands, Solo
96. Glen Tipton - Judas Priest
97. Joe Walsh - James Gang, Eagles, Solo
98. K.K. Downing - Judas Priest
99. Eddie Hazel* - Funkadelic
100. Alex Skolnick - Testament
101. Doug Aldrich - Burning Rain, Dio, Whitesnake, Solo
102. Michael Romeo - Symphony X
103. Vernon Reid - Living Colour
104. Gary Richrath - REO Speedwagon, Solo
105. Link Wray - Link Wray and his Ace-Men
106. Allen Collins* - Lynyrd Skynyrd
107. Larry "Ler" Lalonde - Primus
108. Randy Bachmann - Guess Who, BTO
109. Jeff Healy - Jeff Healy Band
110. Greg Howe - Solo
111. Dave Navarro - Janes Addiction
112. Scott Gorham - Thin Lizzy
113. Ted Nugent - Ambouy Dukes, Damn Yankees, Solo,
114. Vivian Campbell - Dio, Whitesnake, Def Leppard
115. Paul Kossoff* - Free, Back Street Crawler
116. Ritchie Kotzen - Poison, Mr Big, Solo
117. Brian Robertson - Thin Lizzy, Motorhead
118. Andy Summers - Police
119. John Sykes - Blue Murder, Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy
120. Scotty Moore - Elvis Presley
121. Gary Rossington - Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rossington Band
122. Ty Tabor - Kings X, Jelly Bean, Poundhound, Jughead, Platypus
123. John Fogerty - CCR, Solo
124. Ron Wood - Faces, Rolling Stones
125. Ace Frehley - Kiss
126. Akira Takasaki - Loudness, Lazy
127. Michael Wilton - Queensryche
128. Cliff Gallup* - Gene Vincent's Blue Caps
129. Richie Sambora - Bon Jovi
130. George Lynch - Dokken, Lynch Mob
131. Reb Beach - Winger, Dokken
132. Nick Drake* - Solo
133. Tommy Bolin* - James Gang, Deep Purple
134. Kerry King - Slayer
135. Thurston Moore - Sonic Youth
136. Harry Cody - Shotgun Messiah
137. Lowell George* - Little Feat
138. Tracii Gunns - Guns N Roses, L.A. Guns
139. Tom Scholz - Boston
140. Buck Dharma - Blue Oyster Cult
141. Jorma Kaukonen - Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna
142. Richard Thompson - Fairport Convention, Solo
143. Trey Anastasio - Phish
144. Janick Gers - Iron Maiden
145. Mick Box - Uriah Heep
146. Johnny Marr - Smiths, Electronic, Johnny Marr & The Healers
147. Blues Saraceno - Poison, Solo
148. Lowman Pauling* - "5" Royales
149. Timo Tolkki - Stratovarius
150. Mike Einziger - Incubus
151. John Christ - Danzig
152. Jonny Greenwood - Radiohead
153. Phil Collen - Def Leppard
154. Andy Timmons - Danger Danger, Ceili Rain
155. Steve Gaines* - Lynyrd Skynyrd
156. Ron Asheton - Iggy Pop, Stooges
157. James Burton - Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley
158. Mark Kendall - Great White
159. Lindsey Buckingham - Fleetwood Mac
160. Jennifer Batten - Jeff Beck, Michael Jackson, Solo
161. Matthias Jabs - Scorpions
162. Carl Perkins* - Solo
163. Wayne Kramer - MC5
164. Nils Lofgren - E Street Band
165. Michael Sweet - Stryper
166. Robbie Robertson - The Band, Solo
167. Frank Hannon - Tesla
168. Trevor Rabin - Yes
169. Brian Setzer - Stray Cats, The Brian Setzer Orchestra
170. Martin Barre - Jethro Tull
171. Kim Thayil - Soundgarden
172. Pat Travers - Pat Travers Band
173. Dave Mustaine - Metallica, Megadeth
174. Rik Emmitt - Triumph
175. Eddie Cochran* - Solo
176. Frank Marino - Mahogany Rush
177. Justin Hayward - Moody Blues, Solo
178. Tommy Skeoch - Tesla
179. Warren DeMartini - Ratt
180. Syd Barrett - Pink Floyd
181. Don Felder - Eagles
182. The Edge - U2
183. Brad Gillis - Night Ranger, Ozzy
184. Andy Powell - Wishbone Ash
185. Mick Mars - Motley Crue
186. Billy Duffy - The Cult
187. Randy California* - Spirit
188. Eric Bell - Thin Lizzy
189. Lita Ford - The Runaways, Solo
190. Jeff Hanneman - Slayer
191. Mick Jones - Foreigner
192. Stone Gossard - Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog
193. Duane Eddy - Solo
194. Mike Campbell - Tom Petty/ Heartbreakers
195. Glen Buxton* - Alice Cooper
196. Daron Malakian - System Of A Down
197. Steven Stills - Buffalo Springfield, CSN&Y, Solo
198. Roger McGuinn - Byrds, Solo
199. J. Mascis - Dinosaur Junior, The Fog
200. James Hetfield - Metallica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.