Say Goodbye to your Favorite X-men Now.,..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/pressconference.htm

Good chance they wont be very useful in the near future..

Draco69
Oh please. All 300 mutants will just so happen to be X-Men and X-Men villains.

They'll throw in a few extras...and then they'll be X-Men soon enough.

They better not make Kitty Pryde human.

8bitChris
We'll see.

"Quesada further went on to say that reducing the number of X-Men has been a priority since he began as Editor-in-Chief at Marvel, and noted that he has another genie that he wants to put back in the bottle, but did not elaborate on it further. "

long pig
Probably should drop Deadpool, he's expendable......

evil face

Draco69
I don't think it's much of debate. Can you imagine?

"What the f***?! Why'd you let Nightcrawler keep his powers and not Colossus?! God damn you Joe. Q!'

It will be complete and utter chaos if some X-Men lose their powers and not others. Fanboys would be extremely pissed to see their favorite character lose their powers while another X-Man who's "lame" keep THEIR powers.

8bitChris
*cries*

The Ion
Well its nice to know Wolverine will still be slicing and dicing things....

willRules
Originally posted by The Ion
Well its nice to know Wolverine will still be slicing and dicing things....

yes Hes too popular to kill off or change. As long as the astonishing X-men characters and Nightcrawler and Deadpool stay the same im happy............

long pig
Originally posted by Draco69
I don't think it's much of debate. Can you imagine?

"What the f***?! Why'd you let Nightcrawler keep his powers and not Colossus?! God damn you Joe. Q!'

It will be complete and utter chaos if some X-Men lose their powers and not others. Fanboys would be extremely pissed to see their favorite character lose their powers while another X-Man who's "lame" keep THEIR powers.

People will shit octagonal shaped bricks.

8bitChris
Because you know, shaking up the status quo is comics is a terrible thing to do.

Yeah some people will be mad, but if it's executed well and brings better stories i'm all for it.

long pig
Oh, me too.

I'd prefer the more popular members to lose powers. Imagine the stories, dude.

Wolverine with NO healing factor? He'd be dying and shit. It'd be cool to see how he handles dying from a bone disease.

Beast turns back to normal.
Cyclops is finally normal.
Rogue is normal.
Quicksilver is now slow poking around.
Yada yada....
It'd be a great story in my eyes to see how they deal with it.

EsteemedLeader
There really have been way too many X-Men.

Jimmy Buggs
so they will exist but have no powers? big deal. some guys dont need any powers. Beast and cyke would both be great x-men with out powers. If they even wanted to help them anymore

The Ion
I didn't have a problem with there being a lot of mutants. By reducing the number and not introducing new ones it seems to confirm Wanda's sentiments that mutants aren't the next step but instead really are a band of freaks.

Draco69
They are. Seriously. If mutants actually existed I would happily support a registration act. Even I were a mutant as well.

pr1983
They are. Seriously. If mutants actually existed I would happily support a registration act. Even I were a mutant as well.

You'd turn me in? Bastard... mad stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
They better not make Kitty Pryde human. Ditto. I'm pretty sure the cast of Astonishing X-Men will be left pretty much untouched.Originally posted by Draco69
They are. Seriously. If mutants actually existed I would happily support a registration act. Even I were a mutant as well. You genetic turncoat! A pox on both your houses!

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Ditto. I'm pretty sure the cast of Astonishing X-Men will be left pretty much untouched.You genetic turncoat! A pox on both your houses!

Which is a huge relief... Cyclops and Colossus... thank god...

xmarksthespot
I think Cyke is safe imo but out of the cast of AXM he's probably the most likely to lose his power, seeing as he's the only one who can really afford to lose his powers. Colossus, you don't bring a character back from the dead and then take away his powers, Beast's feral losing control of himself thing has been developing in Astonishing, they better not do a thing to Kitty, Wolverine is safe because he's Wolverine, and Emma Frost is essential to the ongoing storyline of Astonishing.

I'm still wondering where the hell Charlie is. messed

Draco69
Down with mutants! They'll only cause trouble!

Especially Middle Eastern/North Korean mutants....*shudders at thought*

xmarksthespot
Hey! mad Dust and Karma have never been any trouble!

The Ion
I'd dunno but I'd prefer they depowered the mutants instead of just reducing the number. The X-Men were best when they were a street level team that didn't feature Sun Gods and the like. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
Dust is a terrorist I tell ya! As soon as she walks into the Statue of Liberty!

Karma...agh! She can control minds! That's why Bush attacked Iraq and not North Korea!

Deano and I have proof!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by The Ion
I'd dunno but I'd prefer they depowered the mutants instead of just reducing the number. The X-Men were best when they were a street level team that didn't feature Sun Gods and the like. roll eyes (sarcastic) I totally don't get this. Had this discussion on another forum. The only characters that I can think of that have been majorly powered up due to fans are Jean Grey, Iceman, Storm and Wolverine. 4 out of many.Originally posted by Draco69
Dust is a terrorist I tell ya! As soon as she walks into the Statue of Liberty!

Karma...agh! She can control minds! That's why Bush attacked Iraq and not North Korea!

Deano and I have proof! Yep Dust and Karma are agents of the...... NWO dun dun dunnnn. They're lizard people though not actually mutants so you can't blame the mutants.

The Ion
I totally don't get this. Had this discussion on another forum. The only characters that I can think of that have been majorly powered up due to fans are Jean Grey, Iceman, Storm and Wolverine. 4 out of many.
No. X-Men started as a band of mutants who were meant to teach, aid, and just help other mutants. X-Men more than any other superteam was about the relationships of the characters and their relationship to the world around them. I liken it to the Ultimates. That series is more about politics than superheroics. X-Men was the same and thats when it was best but they've recently, since probably the Onslaught saga, gotten more caught up in the superhero business.

xmarksthespot
They've always been fighting for mutant rights, teaching and training, and fighting against mutant supremacists and on occasion facing larger scale threats mystical and intergalactic since long before the Onslaught saga though. Before CC gave Storm stupid powers, before Jean = Phoenix, before Iceman became water, before Wolverine became walking PIS.

DigiMark007
Ah hell. There goes Jubilee. You just know they'll axe her powers...they've been looking for reasons to get rid of her for years. RIP Jubilation Lee. The forum won't mourn you, but I will.

What if Charlie loses his powers?? I think that's likely for some odd reason I can't quite explain. I'm all for the change though. Too many mutants in the comics imo. Less will be more from a story standpoint.

8bitChris
I think it's pretty safe to say that Jono, Jubilation, and Pietro are three mutants guaranteed to lose their powers...From the first two covers in Generation M it looks like Jubilee and Chamber are depowering. Quicksilver's cover shows everything moving a lot faster to his perceptions than he is used too...Too bad.. All good characters in their own right.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/nov05/GENMcvr001_t.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Dec_05/fullGENMcvr002_t.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/PREVIEWS_26_page_60_t.jpg

Nataku8188
Deadpool - Not a mutant
Silver surfer - Not a mutant
Namor - Mutant (Oh noes!)

That's bad.

DigiMark007
Wow...I was actually right about Jubilee. I feel happy and sad all at once.

8bitChris
I can't think of any X-men i'd like to see go. They are all pretty cool characters in their own right.

Ok, i'll sacrifice Husk if that's what it takes.

We've already had a time where Rogue and Gambit were powerless.

Iceman better keep his powers man. I know he's been a prick lately but that will all change after Milligan stops writing X-men :P.

Lorna and Kitty seem like they might be on the chopping block. Kitty could still help the X-men with her computer genius though..

Beast will probably stay human like in HoM...

Dunno man, if they do go for some really popular characters (each one in all of the main X-books has a large fan base..) heads are going to roll..

We do know that the New Excalibur and X-Factor teams are full of mutants that are relatively safe. The Academy X list will probably be drastically downsized.

crimsonphoenix
No i dont want chamber to lose his powers.
If that does happen he is going to have a big gap in his body.

8bitChris
http://uncannyxmen.net/covers/previews/xmen179.jpg

December solicitation for X-men...

Everyone is on the cover but Iceman. *sniff*

crimsonphoenix
Why do they do that to him. Iceman is an original. You cant have him out of a pic like that especially when he is on that team.

armandovalles
Is Gladiator considered a mutant? cuz he did debut in an X-Men comic and for the most part has been an X-Men ally/enemy so if he is considered a mutant i hope he doesnt lose his powers.

Here's some people who i dont wanna lose their powers:

Wolverine
Sabretooth
Colossus
Mimic
Morph
Havok
Cable
Xavier

And here's a list of guys who i think should lose their powers:

Nightcrawler
Deadpool
Cyclops
Shadowcat
Emma Frost
Blink

Creshosk

armandovalles
omg without Wolverine Marvel may just completely go bankrupt. Along with Spiderman Wolverine is their biggest money-maker.

Creshosk
Originally posted by armandovalles
omg without Wolverine Marvel may just completely go bankrupt. Along with Spiderman Wolverine is their biggest money-maker. Yeah, Wolverine is like number two under spiderman.

This ******* seems to have had something against them since he took the job.

Way to flush yourselves down the toilets you graeat marvelous flop. . .

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by armandovalles
Is Gladiator considered a mutant? cuz he did debut in an X-Men comic and for the most part has been an X-Men ally/enemy so if he is considered a mutant i hope he doesnt lose his powers.

Here's some people who i dont wanna lose their powers:

Wolverine
Sabretooth
Colossus
Mimic
Morph
Havok
Cable
Xavier

And here's a list of guys who i think should lose their powers:

Nightcrawler
Deadpool
Cyclops
Shadowcat
Emma Frost
Blink No Gladiator isn't a mutant. You don't become a mutant by appearing in X-Men. Most of the Imperial Guard are just aliens from different star systems that are part of the Shi'ar Empire if I recall correctly.

Your lists are interesting in that with the exception of Colossus, Morph and possibly Xavier and Deadpool everyone you put in the first list I would put in the second and everyone you put in the second I would put in the first.

Creshosk
I think they're getting rid of nightcrawler as well:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/retailersummit/deadlygenesis.jpg

Creshosk
After Marvel goes bankrupt again, This whackjob will probably be booted. and a New editor in cheif will be brought in to bring back the characters. . .

I don't mind culling back to a way they used to be, but this is overkill.

Creshosk
I think they're going to be sending the depowered characters away.

Hence nightcrawler being back in his dimension, Wolverine to Japan, Jubilee and Quicksilver out in the streets in hiding. . .

I'm not happy about this at all.

Nightcrawler and Wolverine. .

and my favorite Marvel character. . . I didn't mind her being in obscurity and making the occasional cameo. . but . . .

Well after Marvel goes bankrupt again This whackjob who's been making it a priority to reduce the number of X-men since he got the job, will probably be booted and someone else brought in to fix things. . .

Also he says got rid of, not depowered, got rid of.

xmarksthespot
Deja vu. laughing out loud Why are there two threads that are exactly the same?

Creshosk
Deja vu. laughing out loud Why are there two threads that are exactly the same? To talk to the people that only venture in one place or the other?

Creshosk
Culling back on the mutants is one thing, getting rid of their most popular characters?

*blam* And with Jean "dead" the original X-men are all gone. . . sad

8bitChris
Oh well man, we'll find out what happens soon enough lol. I've got a lot of speculations going.

That post-HoM story xmarksthespot posted on the other thread was so interesting and scary at the time time.

It doesn't look like much has changed yet, but if the changes are as big as Marvel is "hyping" them up to me..Well the sh!t is about to hit the fan and a lot might happen the next few years with Marvel.

DigiMark007
Hmmm...I just hope they have the balls enough to axe a few well-known people. If they only take out the "fringe mutants" I'll be angry with Marvel. Yeah, guys like Logan are safe...but there's plenty of other ones that would anger fanboys, and create some interesting situations.

manjaro
i can understand them culling the xmen membership a bit, cuz it almost looking like the JLA where every few years you have new members and ppl quitting like a bunch of pussies citing personal reasons but gettin rid of mutants all together WTF are they thinking?.......i swear if they f **** with just one of my fave's i will never read a current marvel title ever again! i'll just catch up on all the awesome titles i missed out on

its times like these im like thank god for the ultimate universe......and DC

Draco69
See what I mean? The event hasn't even happened and ALREADY people are angry...

Zahit
Originally posted by 8bitChris
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/pressconference.htm

Good chance they wont be very useful in the near future..

ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nataku8188
Marvel needs to Axe all the well-known muties and go back to telling good stories. Bring back Thor, Surfer, Thanos, Hulk, and all with GOOD writers. Get some REAL STORIES going on, instead of this 18 pages of shit getting blowed up. That's for Cable and Deadpool!

DarkCrawler
If something happens to Namor I will shoot the guys who decided it.

Luckily, he only appeared in about 9 panels in HoM, and spoke three speech bubbles, so I don't think they are paying much attention to him.

Like they never have...sad

8bitChris
Namor does have a "What If?" coming out in December.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Probably should drop Deadpool, he's expendable......

....evil face

Deadpool's not a mutant

stick out tongue

8bitChris

xmarksthespot
Hey Dust survived the cull. X-23 bleh.

Scoobless
Scarlet Witch is a total B!tch!..... killing off all (almost all) the mutants.... even the guys behind the Sentinels never managed anything close to that

ScarletSpider
Deadpool's all set. As is Cable, because the book is doing well, and the current arc is post House of M, and they're both fine.

Wolverine is fine. Do you guys know what sarcasm is?

Nightcrawler is fine. The picture posted with the thing on the asteroid has a better chance of being John Proudstar than a powerless Kurt. Furthermore, Kurt's been seen, still blue and fuzzy, in advance pages for Deadly Genesis.

Thought technically a mutant, Namor's all set. No one really thinks of him as a mutant, and Marvel still has some ounce of respect or two.

And Wanda is not killing the mutants, simply depowering them.

In House of M, Beast is not human, he just never turned blue and furry, which was a further, chemical induced mutation that happened to him sometime in the 70s.

Honestly, keep your eyes open and use some logic, and maybe you can find a few answers instead of jumping to wild, baseless, conclusions. Yes, lots of mutants are going to be not so mutated after House of M. Most of them will be the nameless kids parading around the X-Mansion, or the Mutant Village in California, or the loser mutants in District X, etc.

I'm sure most of the people on the main X-Teams will be okay. Right now, the few that have reasonable doubts are Iceman...and that's pretty much it. I'm sure the Astonishing X-Men characters are all set because Marvel wouldn't presume to mandate Joss Whedon, he's been making them too much money.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Deadpool's all set. As is Cable, because the book is doing well, and the current arc is post House of M, and they're both fine.

Wolverine is fine. Do you guys know what sarcasm is?

Nightcrawler is fine. The picture posted with the thing on the asteroid has a better chance of being John Proudstar than a powerless Kurt. Furthermore, Kurt's been seen, still blue and fuzzy, in advance pages for Deadly Genesis.

Thought technically a mutant, Namor's all set. No one really thinks of him as a mutant, and Marvel still has some ounce of respect or two.

And Wanda is not killing the mutants, simply depowering them.

In House of M, Beast is not human, he just never turned blue and furry, which was a further, chemical induced mutation that happened to him sometime in the 70s.

Honestly, keep your eyes open and use some logic, and maybe you can find a few answers instead of jumping to wild, baseless, conclusions. Yes, lots of mutants are going to be not so mutated after House of M. Most of them will be the nameless kids parading around the X-Mansion, or the Mutant Village in California, or the loser mutants in District X, etc.

I'm sure most of the people on the main X-Teams will be okay. Right now, the few that have reasonable doubts are Iceman...and that's pretty much it. I'm sure the Astonishing X-Men characters are all set because Marvel wouldn't presume to mandate Joss Whedon, he's been making them too much money. I concur. As long as the leave the Astonishing team as is I'm happy.

Those in the new X-Factor and Excalibur are fine as well.

I don't think everyone who appears in Generation M will lose their powers. Jubilee. Chamber. Yeh probably from the looks of those covers. But Cyke? Imo highly unlikely when he still has at least a year in Whedon's Astonishing.

Besides I thought District X was going to end with Mutopia X anyway.

long pig
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/PREVIEWS_26_page_60_t.jpg
Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...Lose yourself in the music the moment you own it....don't ever let it go, no!

I can't be the only one who noticed this?

xmarksthespot
lol No you're not the only one to notice. It's been commented on for a while now that QS is going to be depowered and possible Mags too.

Scoobless
i hope QS doesn't get a powering down.... Magneto could use one though

ScarletSpider
I doubt Angel's going to be depowered either. He's showing up in X-Men 3. Marvel, unadmittedly, tries to tie in their books with the movies. They wouldn't give Angel and others the movie treatment while getting rid of them in the comics, their secret hope is that a bunch of 13 year old girls go to the movies, and become enamoured with Angel "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG" and go out and buy everything with him in it. To depower the main movie X-Men would be shooting themselves in the foot.

willRules
I hope the don't screw up Xaviers powers. I hope they don't screw up nightcrawler's existence in comics as well. They should only kill off/depower a few unimportant characters or the fans will be out for blood..............

ScarletSpider
Actually, Iceman is all set. He's already appeared, with his powers, in a post House of M book (Black Panther).

havok90
cool

Arahan
QS losing his powers is bad. But I think it will be just for a while.
Because he will come back with his new improved powers and became
the legitime fastest man on earth.

xmarksthespot
I think this is an accurate list of whose still powered and whose been depowered. There hasn't been that much of a culling.

Powered:
Emma Frost
Colossus
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde
Wolverine
Beast
Havok
Sage
Madrox
Polaris
Rogue
Gambit
Psylocke
Rachel Summers
The Stepford Cuckoos
Bishop
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
Pete Wisdom
Storm
Dazzler
Nocturne
Siryn
Domino
Cannonball
Magma
Forge

Academy X:
Surge
Wither
Mercury
Dust
Elixir
Rockslide
X-23
Hellion
Icarus (sort of)

Powerless:
Magneto
Quicksilver
Blob
Jubilee
Chamber
Iceman
Stacy X (?)
Dani Moonstar
Callisto

Academy X:
Wind Dancer (?)
Prodigy
Tag

DarkCrawler
Made few fixes...

I think this is an accurate list of whose still powered and whose been depowered. There hasn't been that much of a culling.

Powered:
Emma Frost
Colossus
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde
Wolverine
Beast
Havok
Sage
Madrox
Polaris
Rogue
Gambit
Psylocke
Rachel Summers
The Stepford Cuckoos
Bishop
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
Pete Wisdom
Storm
Dazzler
Nocturne
Siryn
Domino
Cannonball
Magma
Forge
One of Angel's and Beak's kids.

Academy X:
Surge
Wither
Mercury
Dust
Elixir
Rockslide
X-23
Hellion
Icarus (sort of)

Powerless:
Magneto
Quicksilver
Blob
Jubilee
Chamber
Iceman
Stacy X (?)
Dani Moonstar
Callisto
Beak
Angel
Their kids (sans one)
Academy X:
Wind Dancer (?)
Prodigy
Tag

xmarksthespot
Oh, I forgot about Beak and Angel. I haven't seen Archangel yet post-HOM. Also the Exiles are all still mutants, and Proteus is alive again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.