Say goodbye to your favorite X-men now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Decimation/pressconference.htm

There is a good chance that they wont be around (with powers) in the near future...

I hate it, but I think they are going to make Cyclops normal. (Just a hunch.)

countryfan2004
I'm scared for my Paigey! sad

Draco69
Cyclops still has his powers. They showed a preview of him in the aftereffects of House of M of him firing an optic blast.

God willing, Wolverine will lose his powers.

stormfront13
quickksilver and magnbeto don't have powers. in wizaRD magazine, there was a preview of deadly genesis and cyke, wolverine, and rachel all had their powers. though, i doubt storm will have her powers taken away, due to the fact that she already has ahd them taken away and it will be a repetition of history.

Disappear
apparently, the rumor is that everyone in Generation M will be losing their powers. and, on top of that, the theory is that there'll be 198 mutants with active powers post-HoM. so, unless HoM #8 reveals that wanda once again rewrote history, and there've only been 198 mutants springing out of the ground since mutant evolution started, we'll be dealing with a bunch of depowered characters (as opposed to human versions of the various mutants with no recollection of their "mutant histories."wink

quicksilver's out. chamber and jubilee are speculated to be out, considering the art on the Gen M covers. hadn't heard about Mags being out, but stormfront's good with keeping with the times, so that's another mutie sh*t outta luck...

Sunspot
favorite x-men?? not mine for sure...

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Cyclops still has his powers. They showed a preview of him in the aftereffects of House of M of him firing an optic blast.

Good to know...

xmarksthespot
Whatever they change I hope they have the fortitude to stick to it. I don't want Phoenix to come back. Ever. It seems like she's died a half a dozen times now. So I really hope they don't end up screwing up characters like Cyke and Shadowcat (man I hope they don't take away her powers) the same way they made Jean and Magneto into continuity messes.

Creshosk

xmarksthespot
Feel better? It's good to vent. laughing out loud

I actually think Wolverine depowered would be interesting.

wolverine8888
it happen many times already

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Feel better? It's good to vent. laughing out loud

I actually think Wolverine depowered would be interesting. I think they're goign to be sending the depowered characters away.

Hence nightcrawler being back in his dimension, Wolverine to Japan, Jubilee and Quicksilver out in the streets in hiding. . .

I'm not happy abourt this at all.

Nightcrawler and Wolverine. .

and my favorite Marvel character. . . I didn't mind her being in obscurity and making the occasional cameo. . but . . .

Well after Marvel goes bankrupt again This whackjob who's been making it a priority to reduce the number of X-men since he got the job, will probably be booted and someone else brought in to fix things. . .

Also he says got rid of, not depowered, got rid of.

xmarksthespot
Isn't Generation M an ongoing title though?

And I don't know about the veracity of Nightcrawler going away/being depowered.

8bitChris
Nah, Generation M is a four issue miniseries I think.

I read the article at newsarama. The Jenkins said it's going to be set up like some journalist traveling the world and interviewing certain characters or something along those lines.

Wait, just found it...

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44030

xmarksthespot
What's this about Nightcrawler going away? Any link to info about that?

8bitChris

8bitChris

Well the last issue of Nightcrawler might have clues. It was announced within the last week that Nightcrawler's series was cancelled. Not sure if that means anything.

On a lighter note...all the Great Lakes X-men should be safe. They have a Christmas issue coming out smile

Creshosk

sad He's a cover character, in a "go back home" place.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/retailersummit/deadlygenesis.jpg

No more nighty. . .

8bitChris
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/previews/xpowerpack3.jpg

Well, Nightcrawler is in the crossover with the Power Pack in an issue that comes out in December, I don't know where that falls in continuity time though.

Psylocke and Rachel are a big part of Uncanny X-men's next arc after HoM. So I assume they are safe.

xmarksthespot
Probably been posted/read already but general info on some Post HoM
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40013

Those who are definitely safe:
Cable/Deadpool
The Exiles that escaped 616 before Wanda's second reality warp in HoM #7
Nocturne, Captain Britain, Marvel Girl, Psylocke, Jobbernaut
The rest of the casts of new post HoM books: X-Factor and Excalibur

Those who are probably safe:
Imo the Astonishing cast
The cast of adjectiveless X-Men? Except Iceman who Wanda's turned into a Sentinel.

8bitChris
I'm assuming Warren will lose his wings and Husk will lose her uh...Husking and then Warren will retire (again) and Paige'll just hang out in some ritzy mountain cabin and they'll both make two or three cameros in the future..

Creshosk
Culling back on the mutants is one thing, getting rid of their most popular characters?

*blam* And with Jean "dead" all the original X-men are all gone. . . sad

Darth Jello
so is it possible that the new arc will finally resolve the uncompleted story about X-treme bein havok and cyclops' half brother?

countryfan2004
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I'm assuming Warren will lose his wings and Husk will lose her uh...Husking and then Warren will retire (again) and Paige'll just hang out in some ritzy mountain cabin and they'll both make two or three cameros in the future..

i feel you may be right on this one.....and i don't want it to be right. i was really hoping they'd come back to the x-books to stay at least for a while.

Disappear
beast wasn't human in the HoM, at least not from what i gleamed from issue 2. still hanging upside down, still very neanderthal-esque. he just never experimented on himself and went all blue and beastly.

and if wolverine's gone, i'll find quesada and kiss the ground he walks on...

kichiku_beihei
They've already done the whole taking away Wolverines Powers thing at least 3 times. I wouldn't mind him taking lesser roles in the MU, but I like him enough to have him stay. Just keep him in one friggin series though.
Also, a definite on the who keeps their powers is:
X-23, the New Mutants, and the Hellions. (Post HOM covers)

crimsonphoenix
They might just take away ppl who they dont use or rarely use . And use those ppl to make a new x-men series.

Creshosk
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
They might just take away ppl who they dont use or rarely use . And use those ppl to make a new x-men series. I hope so. . but I wish they'd use Jubilee more and not get rid of her. sadangel

hotsauce6548
This sounds dangerous. no expression

Disappear
if mutants make up 4% of the world's population (as said in a recent interview, i believe,) and there are billions of people in the world, then there are at least 20 million mutants out there. if we suggest that that 4% was pre-cassandra nova, and now that 16 million mutants are gone, there are at least 4 million left. and a '96 percent reduction' in mutants would leave us with, at least, sixteen thousand. either somebody in the higher ups got their numbers screwed, or this 198 concept can't possibly be the only 198 mutants left... mathematically... if i'm not mistaken...

crimsonphoenix
How can they think that this a good idea. Yeah theres alot of mutants, but they dont use all of them. I'm just thinking that there going to change a handful of mutants and give them there own series. Have one major mutant that lost there powers,lead the others.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
if mutants make up 4% of the world's population (as said in a recent interview, i believe,) and there are billions of people in the world, then there are at least 20 million mutants out there. if we suggest that that 4% was pre-cassandra nova, and now that 16 million mutants are gone, there are at least 4 million left. and a '96 percent reduction' in mutants would leave us with, at least, sixteen thousand. either somebody in the higher ups got their numbers screwed, or this 198 concept can't possibly be the only 198 mutants left... mathematically... if i'm not mistaken... Comic book people suck at math.

They don't have the acountants handling the books.

thedarkphoenix
*ahem* fyi jean will rise again (it says it on her tomb stone) and this pic........oh hi nicole i need to talk to u. i think it says it i can't see it. i have a lot of jean pics if u want to see them go to the jean and logan forum.

8bitChris
"With their childhood ended and school out forever, Kyle goes even further to give fans more of a glimpse of what the future holds for the New X-Men. Kyle promises “classic X-villains, huge stakes, big action, real consequences, true love, lots of laughs, and a ton of blood… If you love the X-Men, then this is the book for you! Nuff said.”

There you have it. From an uncannyxmen.net interview with the new creative team on the New X-men. No more Jr. X-men school at Xavier's.

So if you liked New Mutants like David or Windancer, or most of the original cast really...You can almost kiss them goodbye.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/NewXmen/ish20/NewX-men20coverbig.jpg

These might be the last students left with powers. Haha, it's funny how all the Hellions made it. Well, except for the guy with the lamest mutant power I had ever seen. Tag. (He tags people psionically and then people run away from whoever he tags.)

Disappear
he can also make people run TO whoever he tags. it's very basic mind control, but it's been applied a bunch of creative ways.

also, as for what it says on her tombstone, do you really think that that becomes law simply because it's on-panel? it's a comment about how akin to a "phoenix," the legend not the force, she is. it's hardly saying "wait a few months, true believer! she'll be back!"

8bitChris
What do you guys think the odds are of ever seeing Sage again? with powers?

Creshosk
What do you guys think the odds are of ever seeing Sage again? with powers? Hard to say.

If the great lakes X-men are 5 out of the 198 and then there are those up there we have 12 confirmed. . .

198 in 6 million normally

about 186 in 6 million?

Disappear
sage got written out in the worst of ways... i mean, come on. sunspot suddenly grows up and takes over a branch of x-corporation, then goes past that and starts his own HFC? and sage decides to guide him along the path? ugh, horrible plot device.

and, personally, i'm ecstatic the GLA/X are still around. that last issue of the mini series, completely worth the extra three bucks debt. "i'm homo supreme!" and ashley in emma's costume... ahhhh...

186 in 6 million's about 1 in 32000, which is about a .003% chance. but, since sage is actually a character whose been in the x-pages for some time, she had some fans and whatnot, and (i think) i heard rumors of her showing up in new excalibur... probably about 50% odds.

crimsonphoenix
I know that Sage is going to appear in Excalibur but i don't know if she is going to stay in it. And if they decide to have her without powers. I'll be so mad. I think Sage is one of the most underrated x-men.

nathan summers
As long as Gambit goes ( not likely) I'd have no problem with 198 mutants.

Wickerman
Something tells me i'm never gonna see my love Exodus again cry

~wickerman~

Mainstream
Originally posted by nathan summers
As long as Gambit goes ( not likely) I'd have no problem with 198 mutants.

"I'ma need mo power to do dat" gambit12

Creshosk
Originally posted by Wickerman
Something tells me i'm never gonna see my love Exodus again cry

~wickerman~ He stands a better chance than some.

After all the X-men need villians. sad But they don't need sidekicks. . .

Wickerman
Originally posted by Creshosk
He stands a better chance than some.

After all the X-men need villians. sad But they don't need sidekicks. . .

I'm thinking if they down Magneto, they'll need another team-busting villain, and Exodus is just the guy. Hell, he's been compared with Magneto plenty of times.....
But i doubt it sad
As for Jubes......she's prolly gonna get recrucified sad

~wickerman~

Mainstream
yeah Exodus is a pretty tough dude...he could be the main villian in an Xmen legends game or a movie...I wonder why he wasn't in either of the Xmen cartoons he so cool.

Disappear
despite exodus' power, he's always been a weak leader and a sycophant of a second-in-command. he doesn't really have what it takes to be a formidable villain unless he's acting under someone, and if magneto's down, exodus will likely be down too.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mainstream
yeah Exodus is a pretty tough dude...he could be the main villian in an Xmen legends game or a movie...I wonder why he wasn't in either of the Xmen cartoons he so cool.

You got THAT right buddy. You got that right.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/Respek/cortezexodus.jpg

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Originally posted by Disappear
despite exodus' power, he's always been a weak leader and a sycophant of a second-in-command. he doesn't really have what it takes to be a formidable villain unless he's acting under someone, and if magneto's down, exodus will likely be down too.

That's funny because in all the x-men titles, other than Magneto, i personally haven't seen anyone threaten 6 million lives at the same time (with the force field), take out war machine, the avengers, the x-men, etc. at the same time.

Lemme think.....Xavier's blast put Magneto in a comatose-like state...

Same thing vs. Exodus:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/Respek/xavierexodus.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/Respek/xavierexodus1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/Respek/xavierexodus2.jpg

I dunno man......i dunno....

~wickerman~

Disappear
i've got the bloodties issues, thanks. exodus was acting as MAGNETO'S "rightful heir" during those. same situation during the knights of wundagore scenario. what happens when he decides to run his own brotherhood? he loses to havok. i don't question that he's got power flying out his ass, i question whether he's got the conviction to ever be a man living out his own dreams, not a dog pushing the dreams of others.

Psionic_Luver08
IDK wats goin on wats this bout mutant powers goin away imonly 13 so clue me in on why this is happin

Disappear
at the end of HoM #7, wanda got extremely pissed at her father and said "daddy, no more mutants!" the whole world went white again, and pairing that with what we've heard about the aftermath of the HoM, it's pretty obvious that the majority of mutants are going to lose their powers.

Psionic_Luver08
no no no no that suck i have sooooo so many favorites on if one of them is cut off im guna freeeek!

8bitChris
Sage is safe. She is confirmed for New Excalibur.

crimsonphoenix
Sage is safe. She is confirmed for New Excalibur.

Thank you for that info....u made my day......lol

xmarksthespot
Lemme think.....Xavier's blast put Magneto in a comatose-like state...

Same thing vs. Exodus:

~wickerman~ That's not really fair considering Exodus is a telepath and psionic vampire...

Disappear
who feeds his strength off the ambient psionic energy of those around him. so, you know, after inciting rebellion in the mutate populace of genosha, then supping on the energy their hatred created, he did somewhat empower himself beyond his normal range.

to elaborate, x...

xmarksthespot
Apparently Astonishing X-Men might be affected by HoM after all...cry

crimsonphoenix
Apparently Astonishing X-Men might be affected by HoM after all...cry

you serious?

xmarksthespot
According to this:

"He also pointed out that the effects of the 95% reduction in the number of mutants in the Marvel Universe would be reflected through the line -- Wolverine will be the only mutant in The New Avengers and all the X-books, including Joss Whedon's popular Astonishing X-Men, will be affected by the House of M / Decimation events."

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/7670.html

crimsonphoenix
oh man this really sucks........

Lucid Lui
I'm thinking if they down Magneto, they'll need another team-busting villain, and Exodus is just the guy. Hell, he's been compared with Magneto plenty of times.....
But i doubt it sad
As for Jubes......she's prolly gonna get recrucified sad

~wickerman~
Has there been any news regarding Exodus? He's a great character with a lot of potential, be a pity to lose him.

I'm hoping he's not affected by Decimation because he's in Mojoworld, seeing as that's where Juggs turned up...

xmarksthespot
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/658/658292/prepare-for-marvels-decimation-20051013115650424.jpg

Blob in Generation M...
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/659/659318/marvel-in-january-20051018111019614.jpg

8bitChris
Skinny blob!

Disappear
exodus showed up in HoM as the governor of australia. whether or not his presence in the normal 616 will be continued post-HoM, or whether he actually returned from the mojoverse pre-HoM, is unknown. it could just boil down to "wanda's ****ed in the head" if that's how the writers address the issue, if they even do...

Creshosk
Look, Juggy is in Excalibur. . .

hotsauce6548
I'm excited. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.