Amityville Horror - REMAKE, who saw it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

p_s_luvit1989
Allright, I was wondering who has seen the new Amityville movie and like it? LMK.

p_s_luvit1989
*it was O.K. Not the best I've seen, but not the worst.

Cinemaddiction
Saw it, loved it, thought it ran circles around the original.

b-dan
i saw it in theaters and bout it it was the alst decent horro movie made last year other than saw

BackFire
Saw it. Thought it was pretty poor aside from a couple of scenes, and Ryan Reynolds. No where near as creepy or plausable as the original, though definately more for a mainstream non-horror audience.

jayy
Originally posted by BackFire
Saw it. Thought it was pretty poor aside from a couple of scenes, and Ryan Reynolds. No where near as creepy or plausable as the original, though definately more for a mainstream non-horror audience.

^Well said.^

cool

Blue_Butterfly
I thought it was okay. There were a few parts that made me shit myself but its nothing compared to the origional of course. And NOOO I didnt litterally shit myself its just a figure of speech people. big grin

Wolfie
Saw it. Thought it was terrible.

p_s_luvit1989
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Saw it, loved it, thought it ran circles around the original.

Um . . Ran circles around the original? ? Have you seen the original? For one, the bonus features on that movie are so fake it makes Pam Andersons breasts look authentic. For 2, in the original, Jodie was an evil Pig that lived in the house, for three, they god "Van Wilder" to play George, ppl like that should stick to their own genre.

As for my comment before, the only reason I said that was b/c it had some gore, like when "Jodie" takes the babysitters finger and sticks it in her gun shot wound.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by p_s_luvit1989
Um . . Ran circles around the original? ? Have you seen the original? For one, the bonus features on that movie are so fake it makes Pam Andersons breasts look authentic. For 2, in the original, Jodie was an evil Pig that lived in the house, for three, they god "Van Wilder" to play George, ppl like that should stick to their own genre.

As for my comment before, the only reason I said that was b/c it had some gore, like when "Jodie" takes the babysitters finger and sticks it in her gun shot wound.

I've seen, and own the original, and hold my opinion. A demonic pig was a stupid idea to begin with, regardless of the origin, and in today's cinema, where Horror movies already have to endure so much shit for their credibility, a satanic oinker wouldn't have helped matters. I don't know why you're discussing bonus features, which weren't in the film. Let's be fair.

"Amityville" was Ryan Reynolds best movie yet. He was 1,000 times more convincing as someone on the edge of his sanity than James Brolin, who seemed more monotone and angry. Reynolds actually snapped, he scared his family. The log splitting scene was worth the price of admission alone, IMO. Just look at the comparison..

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mgm/the_amityville_horror/ryan_reynolds/amityville1.jpg

http://www.dvdreview.com/fullreviews/Images/AmityvilleHorror/AmityvilleHorror8.jpg

Granted, the remake didn't have the fantastic special effects of the original, like the oh so spooky light bulb eyes in the window..laughing out loud

I like them both, but the remake was much more effective, IMO.

tabby999
yet to see it, but thanks to someone saying it was good (well, one person wink) i think i'll give it a whirl

GCG
Jodie was an improvement on the original 1979 film. In the original we have a rocking chair moving and the girl says she was playing with jodie; If jodie was a demonic pig with red eyes, its out of order having it on a rocking chair.

Also agreeing that it was nice to see Ryan Reynold's in a differnet character. He proves that he can do more than 'comical'

The Babysitter was a huge improvement, but then im thinking with my two nuts.

Overall it does respect the original cause its all about the man of the house losing it to the mansion. I also liked the way it involved more an Indian Slayer and portrays the house as a former killing ground not burial ground as in the original.

p_s_luvit1989
Originally posted by GCG
Jodie was an improvement on the original 1979 film. In the original we have a rocking chair moving and the girl says she was playing with jodie; If jodie was a demonic pig with red eyes, its out of order having it on a rocking chair.

Also agreeing that it was nice to see Ryan Reynold's in a differnet character. He proves that he can do more than 'comical'

The Babysitter was a huge improvement, but then im thinking with my two nuts.

Overall it does respect the original cause its all about the man of the house losing it to the mansion. I also liked the way it involved more an Indian Slayer and portrays the house as a former killing ground not burial ground as in the original.

^Well Said^

LepperFace15
It was a good film. It was more mainstream, I agree. It was better than the original . . . and I can only say this because I wasn't scared while watching the original in the dark, I watched this remake with the light on and still was scared. So, if you haven't seen it give it a try in the dark and with the lights on!

-LepperFace15

spencerspider
loved the new one i thought it rocked

Impediment
Well, the 2005 version was not as cheesy as the orginal, obviously, but I think that the newer strayed excessively from the original story by Jay Anson. I didn't like the idea of a "boss" ghost (Ketchum) and I didn't get to see the things I was waiting for like Jodie's red eyes in the window, the marching band music, etc. I also thought that Reynolds' performance was a little too like Jack Torrance. But I don't think that this version sucked. I might need to watch it a second time before I decide whether or not to buy the DVD.

Cinemaddiction
But the eyes in the window was a mood killer in the original. Kind of like the zoom shots on Margot Kidder, with her constipated expressions. Just some over the top 70's cheese.

Now, if the remake had the bleeding walls, which was impractical, but cool nonetheless, I would have held it in even higher regard. There were just some things that wouldn't translate well into a newer invisioning, namely a spooky pig.

Impediment
True. Pigs aren't scary. Pigs are breakfast.

Cinemaddiction
Mmm..pork. droolio

Mmm..Margot Kidder..nevermind..

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Mmm..Margot Kidder..nevermind..

............. confused

BackFire
Originally posted by Impediment
True. Pigs aren't scary. Pigs are breakfast.

Man, come on.

You're telling me that if you were out on your front lawn watering, and you looked through the window and saw a 10 foot large pig with glowing eyes looking at you, you wouldn't be freaked out?

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
Man, come on.

You're telling me that if you were out on your front lawn watering, and you looked through the window and saw a 10 foot large pig with glowing eyes looking at you, you wouldn't be freaked out?

Hmmm.........well, if that were the case there would instantly be two movements: a bowel movement and then a running movement. "SHIT!! Big ass pig! RUN!" stick out tongue

jayy
The remake SSSSUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEDDDD!!!

End of story.

eek!

Impediment
Mind telling us why, jayy, you think it "SSSSUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEDDDD"??

BackFire
Hmmm.........well, if that were the case there would instantly be two movements: a bowel movement and then a running movement. "SHIT!! Big ass pig! RUN!" stick out tongue

Don't forget the glowing eyes! big grin

Impediment
Those damn eyes. Yeah, the eyes freaked me out as a little kid. The first time I saw the original Amityville I was about 6 or 7 years old and when I saw Jody's yellow lightbulb eyes in the window I slept in my parents bed for like 3 nights in a row. smile

jayy
Mind telling us why, jayy, you think it "SSSSUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEDDDD"??

LOL. That's halarious that you counted out the exact number of S's, U's, C's and K's!!

I'm pretty sure the majority here hated the movie. So welcome to the minority.

It gets and F.

thumb down

b-dan
i liked it and jayy you hate almost every movie!!!!!! other than jeepers creepers and underworld

jayy
Originally posted by b-dan
i liked it and jayy you hate almost every movie!!!!!! other than jeepers creepers and underworld

Your very wrong. I love lots of horror movies. All movies. These are the topics at hand in case you didn't notice.

Heads up and watch the posts bro. Now your filled in with the 411.

wink

Impediment
Originally posted by jayy
LOL. That's halarious that you counted out the exact number of S's, U's, C's and K's!!

I'm pretty sure the majority here hated the movie. So welcome to the minority.

It gets and F.

thumb down

That still doesn't answer my question, jayy. Why do you think the movie sucks? Tell us in detail why the movie gets an "F" instead of acting like a complete douche. By the way, Einstein, its called CTRL+C highlighting to copy your inane post and paste it into my reply.

jayy
That still doesn't answer my question, jayy. Why do you think the movie sucks? Tell us in detail why the movie gets an "F" instead of acting like a complete douche. By the way, Einstein, its called CTRL+C highlighting to copy your inane post and paste it into my reply.

Go back and read all the posts on why it sucked tard.

Don't get all bent out of shape there Waldo. I don't have to give you SHIT!

If I say I don't like the movie, you just deal with my opinion and move on because that's the only choice you have. Got it. End of story.

eek!

Impediment
*sigh*..............This is why I'm pro-choice.

jayy
*sigh*..............This is why I'm pro-choice.

LOL.

You are really making us laugh here!!!

Pro-choice. You don't even know what Pro-choice is!!

LOL.

laughing laughing laughing

Blue_Butterfly
LOL.

LOL.

OMG honestly.........grow the **** up!
Why dont you ask yourself what pro choice is instead of being such an immature retard.

Impediment
I'm still waiting, jayy. Tell me why, instead of telling me to refer to other members' posts.

Cinemaddiction
LOL.

LOL.

If you're content with being the only person that will listen to what you have to say, keep up your method of sharing your views on movies, because nobody listens to baseless opinions.

Impediment
Well said, CD.

ILoveMyDaniel
Does anyone happen to know where I can get a picture of (I think it is) the bloody tortured indian in the mirror towards the beginning of the movie that the little boy sees? I need it pretty good quality, I'm trying to make a signature of it. I took a screen capture of it but it's crap.
Thanks.

LizzyT123
I HATED the remake of this movie. Completely awful, and nothing like the original

LizzyT123

freaking hillarious smile

cropsy_is_god
Ive not seen it and i don't intend on ever watching it coz i can't stand Ryan reynolds and i don't like remakes.

mahone
I've seen both, and I have to say that I like the remake a helluva lot more then the original. I liked the indian slayer bit. I also thought Ryan did a great job playing George.

cropsy_is_god
Im not saying he didn't i just don't like him and i wouldn't give him credit coz i don't like his acting.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Im not saying he didn't i just don't like him and i wouldn't give him credit coz i don't like his acting.
Well it isn't like he CHOOSES to act specific ways in movies. They have to change into their character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jigsaw
I really enjoyed this. But,I loved the first one. It was alot more scary eek! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.