Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Watching the military personel ansswer the scripted questions was just painful. This has got to be close to being the worst publicity Ops ever.

Darth Jello
press conference=propoganda=psyops

botankus
The author of this article took that out of context.
There may not be a ton of support for President Bush's plans in Iraq, but there is quite a bit of support for our troops.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by botankus
The author of this article took that out of context.
There may not be a ton of support for President Bush's plans in Iraq, but there is quite a bit of support for our troops.

With that I agree.

Shakyamunison
More like briefed. I saw the clip and all they were doing is letting the solders know about the time delay and when to talk and not talk. The solders said that they had rehearsed what they were going to say, but no one told then what to say.

KharmaDog
Yes, because no one is ever told what to say in the military.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Yes, because no one is ever told what to say in the military.

I was in the army for 7 years. They will try to tell you what to do, but there are enough good people in the army and I generally believe what they say. My Buddhist group corresponds with an army company in Iraq and we read letters from them all the time. If what I see in those letters is different from what I hear on the news, I will believe the solders over the news. What the solders said on that TV broadcast is consistent with what the solders are saying in the letters.

manjaro
so what if it was staged? this is the president of the US we're talking about........you think they're just gonna throw ppl in there at random to talk to him? its the same way when they show him disembarking Air Force One. and you see ppl out there waving flags and banners, and then he comes over and shakes a few hands....all those ppl have been screened extensivley and handpicked.

the last thing they need is some muckety muck soldier who wants to shake things up and be about controversy thats why they have to prepare them. if you saw the thing on CNN like i did, it just shows the lady telling them what the pres might say and that they should be relxed, she wasnt coaching thier answers....so i dont see it as a big deal like everyone is making out to be.

PVS
so your saying you're ok with a president who refuses to be seen with anyone who does not agree with his policy 100%? i dont recall reagan, bush sr, or clinton having to resort to this erm

i guess some people will accept anything.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by PVS
so your saying you're ok with a president who refuses to be seen with anyone who does not agree with his policy 100%? i dont recall reagan, bush sr, or clinton having to resort to this erm

i guess some people will accept anything.

Well Bush knows how most people really feel about him and that the war is not going good, So he has people make it seem all good and supportive of him. He wants us to think its all good. Like a land of make believe. Although some people are to blind to see it and believe everything that comes out of Bush's lie whole.

manny321
Well all leaders stage or rehearse events but like make it less obvious!

Darth Jello
he has trouble fielding real questions, him being a criminal and a dumbass, which is why in 150 years we've gone from anyone being able to have lunch with the president to the establishment of "free speech zones" and audience planting. the first sign of totalitarianism-progressive isolation, both mental and physical from by the leaders from the public.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Jello
he has trouble fielding real questions, him being a criminal and a dumb-ass...

Before you start calling someone a dumb ass, read your statement and make sure it's written correctly. Otherwise, it makes you sound like a dumb ass. laughing

Darth Jello
hey, i'm running on no sleep

hotsauce6548
Shoulda known.

Shakyamunison
hey, i'm running on no sleep

OK, I know what that feels like, I've been sick all week. big grin

RedAlertv2
he has trouble fielding real questions, him being a criminal and a dumbass, which is why in 150 years we've gone from anyone being able to have lunch with the president to the establishment of "free speech zones" and audience planting. the first sign of totalitarianism-progressive isolation, both mental and physical from by the leaders from the public.

Thats true. I heard one president once opened the door to the white house and began chatting with any passerby who wanted to talk.

tabby999
and dont forget when the trooper stood up and said they're having to weld scrap metal to their trucks for armour. hate to get to much egg on their face again

manny321
I think we need a president who has great knowledge and can go into deep thought. Someone intellectual for once.
WHY?
Well need a very smart person to solve all the problems getting created today.

IN CANADA, I remember when our last PM Jean chreatin strangled a reporter or a protester. Now thats a interesting leader. That was hilarious but i remember when our former PM Trudeau use to do those spinning ballet moves sometimes when he was happy and one time climbed over his gate to get to his house. Thats classic. Also how he dated famous people and had a wife that cheated on him by having a wild party with the rolling stones. He had created some serious problems in our country but leaders always get remembered for such things and is today is remember as a good Prime Minister by MOST people.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by manny321
I think we need a president who has great knowledge and can go into deep thought. Someone intellectual for once.
WHY?
Well need a very smart person to solve all the problems getting created today.

IN CANADA, I remember when our last PM Jean chreatin strangled a reporter or a protester. Now thats a interesting leader. That was hilarious but i remember when our former PM Trudeau use to do those spinning ballet moves sometimes when he was happy and one time climbed over his gate to get to his house. Thats classic. Also how he dated famous people and had a wife that cheated on him by having a wild party with the rolling stones. He had created some serious problems in our country but leaders always get remembered for such things and is today is remember as a good Prime Minister by MOST people.

It wouldn't matter how smart he/she was, the other side would find some way the say that the person was stupid. To be fair, I would like to see your diploma from Harvard.

manny321
Well if the people think your smart and a good leader it doesn't matter what the other guy says.

Why would i need to show a diploma from Harvard? A good leader would have to be better then all of us not like your average regular Joe.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by manny321
Well if the people think your smart and a good leader it doesn't matter what the other guy says.

Why would i need to show a diploma from Harvard? A good leader would have to be better then all of us not like your average regular Joe.

You don't know what I am talking about? Ok then, you have proven my point. smile

FeceMan
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Watching the military personel ansswer the scripted questions was just painful. This has got to be close to being the worst publicity Ops ever.
How do you think all political press conferences are handled?

It's not like in Europe, which I agree with more. Aside from the, "I think you're an idiot" parts of the conversations.

manjaro
its funny has hell, when ppl call bush a dumb ass. cuzz its not really true.............seriouslybig grin the guy was like a C student at Yale.....I dont know....thats gotta be like an A student at community college..doesnt that count for anything?

Spelljammer
Liberals need to makeup thier mind.

Is George Bush pulling the strings of the American goverment and manipulating everyone with a web of lies for his own personal gain as some cartoon super villain?

Or is he an incompetant bafoon being the scapegoat of shadowy figures who run our goverment with checkbooks instead of appointed positions?

Or option C, (And how outthere is this?) He's just a normal guy, who's president, doing the best he can. Though which may not appeal to your taste, appeals to somebody's?

NINExNINE
The sky is always falling with Liberals. Nothing but complaining.

FeceMan
Originally posted by NINExNINE
The sky is always falling with Liberals. Nothing but complaining.
Yeah, but we conservatives always complain how the liberals are making the sky fall.

wink

GCG
I really see know wrongdoing here ;

The conference was staged (and they all are) but the talks were not. Just by briefing the troops on what topics would be discussed, doesnt mean that they are acting their replies back.

Spelljammer
The best way to tell a liberal from a conservative is to get someone 20ft away near a river with a podium to start drowning..

A conservative will throw a 10ft rope, hold tight, and yell "SWIM FOR IT!"

A liberal will throw a 20ft rope, drop his end, and go off to do some other good deed..

FeceMan
Originally posted by Spelljammer
The best way to tell a liberal from a conservative is to get someone 20ft away near a river with a podium to start drowning..

A conservative will throw a 10ft rope, hold tight, and yell "SWIM FOR IT!"

A liberal will throw a 20ft rope, drop his end, and go off to do some other good deed..
You didn't put 'good' in quotes.

GCG
its gets kinda boring reading the same stuff

FeceMan
Then let us all change our signatures.

GCG
It happens in every thread :

Same Shit - Different thread ; you gotta admit it gets BOOOOORING

sleepy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.