Who was the better Dumbledor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brice7
Who was better. Richard Harris or The Present actor.

Darth L. Dipsit
I like them both. In the Harry Potter movies, they often manage to get the creme of British acting to play the lead roles. Maggie Smith, Kenneth Branagh, and, as I was happy to see in the Prisoner of Azkaban, Robert Hardy and Emma Thompson. Harris was nominated for two Oscars and Sir Michael Gambon has won a CBE and, needless to say, been awarded a knighthood. The latter, I think, did an excellent job transforming himself for the role, though - I think that took a great deal of adaptability and talent. Harris, though, was an amazing Dumbledore himself. They both give a good name to British stageplay in all of their roles, however, and to pick a favorite would be a little bit tough.

zac_j
i liked the way the other one looked, because it looked exactly like i pictured him, but the new one is more loud, which is good, but they need to give him more lines before i decide...

danagrint
I liked the first one better because the second dumbledore ties his beard in a ponytail

eternitygoddess
Richard. The second actor is just too...energetic.

HPRox90
Definatly Haris!!! I'm sorry, but I think that the new Dumbledore is just too scary-looking. He always looks mad, too. Dumbledore's supposed to have a calm look about him until he sees Voldemort. Now when he sees Voldemort, it won't be as good, because he won't look so mad!!!

dansdaman
richard harris..is it just me or did richard seem a lot more friendly and nicer?

danagrint
well...

radioboy121
The 1st one. The other seemed weird when filling in as the replacement. The impressions they make are so different, that sometimes they feel like completely different characters.

The Phantom
Originally posted by brice7
Who was better. Richard Harris or The Present actor. I made a thread on this already... yea... and definitely Richard Harris.

RoguePw25
Originally posted by The Phantom
I made a thread on this already... yea... and definitely Richard Harris.

Yes, please use the SEARCH before starting new threads. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.