maverick vs gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverine8888
maverick pritty much just a better version then gambit so he would take this fight but I wanna see what some gambit fans think.

8bitChris
Gambit. Maverick is a P list character who got transformed by Weapon X into a pretty good one.

I can't remember Mav taking out anyone significant. I remember him being scared like a little sissy from Wolverine and Sabretooth though.

wolverine8888
scared? marverick ahs never once been scared of them hell maverick does not know what being scared is. by the way his mutant ability was a betetr version of gmabits now after weapon x and such, along with other training and weapons would rape gambit.

Metalmanx
Maverick--"He is a mutant with the power to absorb kinetic energy and rechannel it at will."

Now, why is this better than Gambit's power again? Seriously, I don't see why Maverick's power is better at all. Maverick can't cause things to explode just by looking at them. Gambit can. Maverick can't use the kinetic energy to increase his abilities. Gambit can. These two things alone put Gambit's abilities above Maverick's.

That said. Gambit wins.

Wickerman
Didn't Sabertooth kill Maverick relatively recently? Stabbing him in the chest and then dropping him from the roof of the building they were on? erm

~wickerman~

StyleTime
Gambit wins. Why do you want to see Gambit loose so badly wolverine8888?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by StyleTime
Gambit wins. Why do you want to see Gambit loose so badly wolverine8888?

Because he knows that Gambit would totally rock Wolverine.

Lucid Lui
As Agent Zero, he could take Gambit. Wouldn't be easy. Dunno about before the power upgrade though.

Wynndar
Maverick's appeared to die on several occasions. Does Mav get all his cool weapons?

wolverine8888
yes maverick gets all his weapons. by the way metal maverick powers can up grade is abilites too far stronger then gambits can he can increase his strength to super human levels, also with his other abilites. by the way gambit can not just loock at some ting and it explodes lol he has to be touch it. maverick could asorbs the explosions because there just giving off the type of enegery he asorbs. he also can ub grade his durrability with his powers and also he can jump outa biuldings and land perfecting fine. he cna also channle his energy through weapons making ther eplast stronger. he cna also shoot energy. so please tell me how gambits can take this? maverick powers are better. he better fighter. he has so many weapons on him at all time it crazy.

wolverine8888
gambits power only up grades his agility to peakhuman as ive stated with evidence many times

srankmissingnin
Even sick as a dog with the Legacy Virus Maverick would rock Gambit like he was nothing. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would give Gambit decent odds against Maverick let alone Wolverine.

Oh and the Mav that Sabretooth killed was an imposter, the real Maverick was Agent Zero... who killed himself in Weapon X: Days of Future Now 3.

wolverine8888
yup

8bitChris
Again, who of significance has Maverick ever taken out?

Go read X-men Unlimited 3 (The first series, not the current one.)

Maverick is scared like a little girl of Sabretooth. He pretty much concedes any fight before it even begins. Now i'm not one to judge a comic book guy's character or anything...

The only significant thing Maverick ever did was hang out with Wolverine and Sabretooth back in the day and become friends with some teenage boy who went crazy later on.

I'll say Gambit wins. Like Maverick is the first guy with a gun to ever come after him.

wolverine8888
lol u need to read mavricks series he has taken out many strong people. hell even sick has he was he too out an army by him self befor. Mavarick neevr been scared befor of sabertooth i ahve no idea why he would be then. als looking powers a lone gambits ****ed. gambits has foughten maverick befor and even mavrick with no powers ebcause he was so sick was still winning. ALSO WHAT HAS GAMBIT DONE THATS SO GREAT BY HIM SELF? nuthing at all mavrick done so many more things. the amount of people who try and kill mavrick is in sane purly in sane

Wynndar
Did Maverick have powers in unlimitted #3?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Again, who of significance has Maverick ever taken out?

Go read X-men Unlimited 3 (The first series, not the current one.)

Maverick is scared like a little girl of Sabretooth. He pretty much concedes any fight before it even begins. Now i'm not one to judge a comic book guy's character or anything...

The only significant thing Maverick ever did was hang out with Wolverine and Sabretooth back in the day and become friends with some teenage boy who went crazy later on.

I'll say Gambit wins. Like Maverick is the first guy with a gun to ever come after him.

X-men Unlimited 3? I remember Mav fighting Sabretooth, getting owned until Sabs left, then Mav shows up at the X Mansion and takes down Gambit, Rogue and Bishop at the same time and latter in the issue Sabretooth does the same.

wolverine8888
nice man totaly for got about that time

Hit_and_Miss
Its obvious that wolverine8888 wants to use this as a chace to bash people who voted against wolverine int he "wolvie vs gambits" thread;

its a shame really...

8bitChris
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
X-men Unlimited 3? I remember Mav fighting Sabretooth, getting owned until Sabs left, then Mav shows up at the X Mansion and takes down Gambit, Rogue and Bishop at the same time and latter in the issue Sabretooth does the same.

By taking them out you mean sneaking up on them and gassing them?

Or are you insinuiating that even if it weren't a surprise attack Maverick is more than man enough to take out Gambit, Bishop, and Ms. Marvel Rogue at the same time?

I have the comic right here. Quote Sabretooth. "You aint good enough Maverick"

Again, can anyone tell me anything significant Maverick has done?
Besides take out a few goons?

Gambit has saved the world. Has Maverick?

Gambit wins, he's just a better fighter. Maverick only used guns.

leonheartmm
u know what, id like to see a bieng with the combined powers of gambit, maverik n maelstrom, that would be THE GOD OF KINETIC ENERGY{n also any other energy}

8bitChris
Gambit already has god of kinetic energy potential. He used most of it to save the world though.

It the past Mr. Sinister had to lobotomize Gambit because if he didn't his power would have grown emensley and Gambit would not have been able to control it.

Maverick's kinetic energy control is a joke compared to Gambits. That and Gambit is more agile, and a better fighter. Maverick's got good aim as long as he has a scope, but Gambit's even better without one.

leonheartmm
but maelstrom is WAY more powerful than both of em.

Hit_and_Miss
gambit is an omega lvl mutie....

Metalmanx
Gambit's abilities:
"Full power template enables him to charge any organic or inorganic object within his line of sight, manipulate the potency of the bio-kinetic energy to cause various effects such as burning, molecular discomfort, or incineration, and utilize the advanced levels of bio-energy active when he uses his powers to augment his strength, agility, endurance, and reflexes, for short periods."

This is if he goes all out. He could look at Maverick and make him explode.

That and Gambit doesn't necessarily even need to hit Mav to win. He could take out the ceiling and smile as the entire structure falls on top of Mav, killing him.

And I definitely wouldn't say that Mav is a better fighter than Gambit. That is pure speculation indeed. If ANYTHING, I'd definitely say Gambit is the better fighter.

Hit_and_Miss
if gambit looked at the blob how much kenetic energy would be released?? hehe

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
if gambit looked at the blob how much kenetic energy would be released?? hehe

I don't even want to imagine that.

Man.

Hit_and_Miss
would it be enough to put wolve down??? or would he regen his soul in 1 sec, like he does from nukes... silly me... wolvie can dodge nukes...

wolverine8888
u reaqly don't know ur stuff do u lol. maverick is trained in many forms of un armed combat. also gambit ahs neevr once been a key firgur ein saving the world ever. maverick and wolverine took out man y diffrent thigns over the years. new weapon x maverick helped take out. omga red mavrick helped take out. maverick and wolverine too out the many mebers that brought omga red back to life. those are only a few I dont have my comcis with me so I cant state them all. lol dont make me laugh gambit is no wear nere the fighter that maverick is

Hit_and_Miss
what is that monstrosity of a post... Why have you gone back to slamming the keyboard to get your point across??? Its infuriation how little sense your posts make without the added burden of having to correct your diabolic writing....

LGodamus
guys gambit cannot blow people up...did you misread the part about INORGANIC objects only?...wtf guys read a bit...but otherwise you are right Gambit owns maverick...

Hit_and_Miss
omega lvl gambit.... blows people up by looking at them... its the fully powered verson, when gambit becomes one with the "gumbo force"

LGodamus
umm can you read? it says in every bio I have ever seen the word inorganic...do you kow what that word means? thats right ...nonliving

Hit_and_Miss
lol carm down!.... search around!...or you can keep this up and you will get owned...

LGodamus
I am carm, as you say, but everywhere I am searching says inorganic

Hit_and_Miss
read this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_%28comics%29

LGodamus
umm dude...from your site:

Gambit can charge inanimate objects with kinetic energy giving them explosive power.

Inanimate ...thats almost exactly like inorganic...still cant blow up people...people are animate

Hit_and_Miss
This gives his full powers...

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=83

I forgot... that previous site mentions him powering up... but doesn't tell you what powers...

Hit_and_Miss
I wonder... Could full power gambit blow up the moon... its in his eye sight???

LGodamus
ok there i see where it says a full power templat allows him to affect organic, but is that where he stands now? marvel.com is not showing him that way. is this a one time thing or an alternate reality thing? or is he at the level now?

8bitChris
He was that level, but he burned it off fighting an alternate version of himself which was also the same level.

Many worlds have been destroyed by their own version of Gambit. New Son Gambit became a dimension hopper going around looking for other "Gambits" to stop them. New Son Gambit encountere numerous worlds that were burnt into a crisp (Gambit's falt). (New Son Gambit also beat his world's Phoenix.)

Anyway, to make a long story short. He made Gambit realize his full potential. However, in order to defeat New Son Gambit, Gambit burned up most of his extreme power and is now back at the power level that he usually operates on.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ what he says...

LGodamus
so can he or can he not now blow up organic objects?

8bitChris
I've "heard" (on this board) but couldn't provide you sources that he can detonate organic objects. However, he chooses not to because he can't control the intensity of the blast like he can with inorganic objects.

If he can, it's an ability he rarely exercises. I don't think he needs it to win this fight anyway.

StyleTime
Originally posted by LGodamus
so can he or can he not now blow up organic objects?
Everyone meant blowing up Maverick's clothes rather than his body. Gambit hasn't shown if he can still explode organic objects without getting surgery or being supercharged to get his full powers back.

Hit_and_Miss
i think thats the same with his eyesight blowing up thing aswell...

aparently he can blow up inorganic object by looking at them at his current lvl...

StyleTime
He can blow inorganic things up with eyesight. I posted the pic on the Gambit vs Wolverine thread.

Hit_and_Miss
Has he done it again since then??? I went looking for more pics and couldn't find any....

StyleTime
Oh you mean AFTER New Sun? No, I don't think he's done it after New Sun ,but he did it without his full powers before. He is at the same powerlevel as he was then, so I am sure he can still do it.

wolverine8888
no he can't do it. u are just plain wrong

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ lol thats tooo funny a point!!!!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative11.jpg

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=83

That says otherwise...

wolverine8888
gambit cna not charge thing with his eyes unless he is touch the object. maverick takes this one gambit won't hit him with his cards and will have so many bullets and energy blast comming his way he might not even get mroe then a card or 2 off.

Metalmanx
Why anyone listens to you is still a mystery to me. You don't listen to anyone else's proof on anything. You just decide from the get-go who you want to win, and no matter what, even if other show you that every single time your character has been owned, you won't concede.

You know what we call this? Ignorance. And it's a very sad thing to have nowadays towards anything.

But hey, whatever. Go on being like that. I'm sure one day you'll find someone as ignorant as you and you can both live ignorant lives together.

By the way, Gambit stomps Maverick.

wolverine8888
lol funny how gambit could not even take a sick and dieing maverick who has lots his powers lol. he still missed him with his cards and was having a hell of a time with him, till fight got broken up.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by wolverine8888
lol funny how gambit could not even take a sick and dieing maverick who has lots his powers lol. he still missed him with his cards and was having a hell of a time with him, till fight got broken up.

And we all remember the time wolverine tried to push into the pension cue.... Some old lady owned him... Healing power or not...

wolverine8888
? wtf are are u talking about. second this is gambit vs maverick not wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.