Unread Flags

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ken Kenobi
For some reason the unread flags are messing up on me. I can go into a topic and then once I post, there are about 10 topics that said they've been read by me, yet threads I have read (that haven't been responded to since) are marked as unread. It's becoming a hassle to remember which threads I've viewed or which have new posts.

I'm on Firefox, FYI.

Raz
Are cookies enabled? If so, try clearing them out.

Ken Kenobi
Cookies cleared 3 minutes ago...posted in a thread, returned to the forum and ALL threads had been marked as read.

Clovie
sometimes it is marking as a unread random threads I've not only read but even posted in confused

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Clovie
sometimes it is marking as a unread random threads I've not only read but even posted in confused

That happens to me too. I post in a thread and it stays marked Unread, while other threads I didn't read get marked Read.

Syren
crazy

*goes to confirm*

Jedi Priestess
Im must literally the ONLY person who does not use this system on message boards.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Im must literally the ONLY person who does not use this system on message boards.

I just find it easier to keep track of which messages you've read. Especially on a large board such as KMC.

Syren
Hmm, I think maybe I don't use the system either... on my way to 'confirm' I realised I didn't know what I was looking for ninja

Ken Kenobi
This time it just marked every last forum and thread as Read.

Raz
Do you have the same problem in IE?

Also, do you browse the forums when you're offline? Changes were made a while back that allowed the marking unread to work for unregistered users aswell.

I've turned it off for now. Let me know if it helps.

Ken Kenobi
I never use IS, I don't browse when I am offline, KMC keeps me logged in.

Raz
Could you just try and log in from IE and see if the problem is still there. If it is, then its an ISP problem. If its not, then a Firefox problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.