F*ck House of M.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Seriously. And f*ck Bendis too. Seven goddamn issues, and we get sh*t for action. He spent SIX ISSUES laying down the story, and I was hoping for their to be some epic battle. But, no. We get more goddamn talking and Wanda being a vacant murdering cow. And I wanted to kick the ugly ass twins in their misshapen faces. I swear, if it weren't for New Thunderbolts and the Drax mini I'd be boycotting Marvel right now.

EDIT: It's really friggin sad when the most interesting scene in the damn book was the scene between Magneto and Quicksilver, which just ended in Magneto reverting to type and murdering his own son. God, I just want that whole family to DIE already.

armandovalles
Im with ya on that one Khellendros. House of M is a piece of shit. And i also agree that New Thunderbolts and Drax are the 2 best Marvel books running right now. I also like almost all the Ultimate Books (Secret, Nightmare, FF, X-Men, Ultimates 2) except for Ult. Spiderman. But yea other than that Marvel seriously sux nutz.

Khellendros
Originally posted by armandovalles
Im with ya on that one Khellendros. House of M is a piece of shit. And i also agree that New Thunderbolts and Drax are the 2 best Marvel books running right now. I also like almost all the Ultimate Books (Secret, Nightmare, FF, X-Men, Ultimates 2) except for Ult. Spiderman. But yea other than that Marvel seriously sux nutz.
Yeah, I forogt the Ultimate books. They're pretty good. Guess I won't be spending all my money on DC and Wildstorm YET.

long pig
It does suck. It didn't have any real surprises.

I'm not sure if the reason it's slow is because it's crap or because it's the very small beginning of a long long change in marvel.

If it is just the beginning, then it makes sense.

Avalonofthewind
Cheer up. At least we have infinte crisis to read.
Marvel just needs to just start over completely, like DC did.
Their stories went to sh*t after the Claremont/Image era of the 90's.

long pig
The members on this board were the only reason I bought the first issue of Crisis. And it was good.

Even the lame "This looks like a job for Superman!" line was good.

The Ion
I think Marvel is spreading Bendis a little too thin and his work is suffering as a result. New Avengers, Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man, House of M, Secret War, Daredevil and plus he's writing a screenplay.

Khellendros
Or maybe Bendis just sucks ass.

long pig
I think Marvel just didn't keep the story under wraps and us internet nerds knew about it way before we should have.

We didn't get a surprise. Notice, D.C says nothing about Crisis.

8bitChris
Cable and Deadpool > New Thunderbolts.

You guys don't like Supreme Power either?

xmarksthespot
Hmm. I haven't really minded HoM. I don't think it's lived up to being an event it was hyped to be. But the story hasn't been all that bad. Yes there hasn't been that much this character throwing a skyscraper onto that character but I don't always need that to like a comic.

The Ion
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Cable and Deadpool > New Thunderbolts.

You guys don't like Supreme Power either? Cable/Deadpool and Supreme Power are consistently the best Marvel books IMO.

Originally posted by Khellendros
Or maybe Bendis just sucks ass.
Well I certainly don't like him as much as some Marvel zombies do but theres no doubt his work would improve if he wasn't working on so many projects.

8bitChris
Also, what series are good over at DC?

The Wildstorm books are good but have been tailing off a little.

No, I don't think i'd have a good time with any of the three Superman or Batman ongoing series.

I've given JLA a few chances and it's ok, but its not great enough to fit into my budget.

Green Lantern Corp and GL are off to a good start, they arn't drastically different than what Marvel is putting out though.

The IC minis were good; but they are over. IC started off good, but it will be over.

I'm looking for recommendations people.

The Ion
JSA
JSA Classified
JLA Classified
Superman/Shazam First Thunder (mini)
Wonder Woman
Jack Cross
Superman/Batman
All Star Superman
Batgirl
Justice (mini)

The Vertigo line is always solid too.

8bitChris
I checked out Superman/Batman for a couple issues. They weren't very strong issues. They had parodies of the Ultimates which weren't that funny lol.

I read the first issue of Superman/Shazam. The art was really good.

Is Wonder Woman good? I'll check it out if you recommend it. She's not really my cup of tea as a character though.

Here's how I see it, DC's main line is not greater/better than Marvels.

Wildstorm and Vertigo is DC's bread and butter for good stories. Batman has his moments. But he's more overexposed than Wolverine is stick out tongue. I looked at DC's december solicits and they had about 16 books (not an exagerration) with Batman as one of the main characters coming out in that one month alone.

I, like most people i've talked to about it, have been generally Disapointed with Allstar Batman and Robin. We've finally got the dream team on a comic and all they do is tell another Robin origin story...

How does JSA compare to New Thunderbolts? I pick up NT regularly.

The Justice mini has had little more to often to me than pretty pictures...

My two cents..

The Ion
The Absolute Power arc of Superman/Batman is really good. At least I think so. JSA is consistently good and JSA Classified is the best DC book outside of Crisis IMO.

All Star Batman & Robin is horrible. Pretty much everyone agrees on that. Frank Miller just doesn't have it anymore. All Star Superman is a Grant Morrison book so if anything it'll have some fun adventures and solid characterizations. The 8 page preview in Wizard was great.

Khellendros
Vertigo is awesome. Fables is AWESOMER. I reccomend that book to everyone. Pick it up.

Juntai
JSA titles are awesome... ever since they revamped em a handful of years back, the title has been one of the most consistantly delivering in all of comics.
They even have arguably the best tie-ins to the Crisis.

If someone is awanting to start DC right now..
Get Identity Crisis Reprints.
The few 6 part countdowns to the crisis
and crisis issue 1

There's a lot more to the crisis, but that will DEFINATELY set you on the way.

Two of my good friends in real life are die-hard Marvel. and they still say that original Identity Crisis was one of the best stories they've read, and now they're psyched about the Crisis after I made them read the countdown.

Juntai
Originally posted by 8bitChris
The Justice mini has had little more to often to me than pretty pictures... Justice has yet to unfold, so don't knock it yet.. imo, even what I've seen so far is set-up for a near Kingdom Come level comic. If you remember, the first few issues of KC seemed a little weak too. Then it was "OMG!"

wannabe
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm. I haven't really minded HoM. I don't think it's lived up to being an event it was hyped to be. But the story hasn't been all that bad. Yes there hasn't been that much this character throwing a skyscraper onto that character but I don't always need that to like a comic. I actually like the slowly progressing story and that there isn't a fight every other panel. That's also the reason why i love New X-Men Academy, it's more about the people and how they get along with each other... I find that interesting!!! yes

Creshosk
Originally posted by Khellendros
Or maybe Bendis just sucks ass. Don'rt blame Bendis, HOM was used by the eidtor in cheif's personal vendetta against the X-Men.

Moron was using mutants as an excuse to get rid of other mutants.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Cheer up. At least we have infinte crisis to read.
Marvel just needs to just start over completely, like DC did.
Their stories went to sh*t after the Claremont/Image era of the 90's.

I agree Avalon

long pig
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/chainsawmidget/Hawkeye2.jpg

Khellendros
laughing out loud

batmandaman
Originally posted by long pig
The members on this board were the only reason I bought the first issue of Crisis. And it was good.

Even the lame "This looks like a job for Superman!" line was good. it was incredible. it was soo awesome to see earth two superman. i find it kinda interesting that he looks a lot like KC superman......maybe a foretelling of his power?

Laminator_X
I'm curious to see what else changes besided the Decimation of the mutants. The story over all though has been more like a movie or a TV show than a comic book. This is both good and bad. I like the verisimilitude that Bendis brings to his characters, but he has serious pacing problems. By that I don't mean that he's slow, I mean that he doesn't measure out his alloted space very well. Some things seem to drag out while others seem hurried. I wish he either took 10 or 12 issues to tell the story (note how DC has given IC plenty of room to spread its wings, and that the tie-ins, while not required reading, actually do have bearing on and match up with the main story) or had made better use of the space he has. Paced better, last two issues could've had half as much build up and more of the fight in issue six. That would have left more room in this issue for cool character interaction without shortchanging the big brawl quite so much.

(SPOILERS)

#7 has turned around a faltering story for me, but it shouldn't have been faltering in the first place. I love that when it came to it, Hawkeye didn't kill Wanda in cold blood (He could've put that first arrow through her eye if that's what he really wanted to do). That's my Hawk. He might have put her down as a mercy kill if she hadn't lego'd him away, but deep down he didn't have it in him to assasinate her for revenge. Hurt her, but not kill her.

Magneto's been better than I've seen him in years. I hope when the dust settles he'll stay on the side of the angels, having seen where his dreams lead. As a character, he was at his best when he joined the X-men and led the New Mutants while Charles was in space. Returning him to villainy squandered a great character.

Piedmon
See, whenever a spoiler lurked I just zipped my glance askew of the monitor and scrolled down.

And I'm ENJOYING House of M.

So there.

The Ion
Originally posted by batmandaman
it was incredible. it was soo awesome to see earth two superman. i find it kinda interesting that he looks a lot like KC superman......maybe a foretelling of his power?
Don't need a foretelling. In 1985 he was hurling asteroids with one hand. He's almost surely more powerful than that now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.