Who is the greater of two evils: George W Bush or Osama Bin Laden?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
I realy disturbes me to think about this,but sometimes I can't help but think that Bush is just as bad.Hell,I think he's hiding something.He's just put us in to shitty of a postition (in my opion).He's turned this into a war between good and evil,but I belive it just boils down to money and how much he can screw over the poor.

debbiejo
Sorry Mr smiley...I can't comment right now....I have a fever and it's coming out in my posts...... huh

Why don't we have a fever smiley...????

mr.smiley
I don't know?????????????????.................................................

GCG
poll ?

mr.smiley
Damn!I always forget that!

Shakyamunison
Osama Bin Laden

Great Vengeance
Bush is not a bad man people, perhaps stupid, but he thinks what he does is right. Osama Bin Laden is a vengeful man who doesnt think twice about the death of others... the choice is clear.

EDIT: I forgot about how bush caused innocent death in the bombings...hell there both not fit for positions of power.

xmarksthespot
To play devil's advocate, Osama bin Laden most probably thinks what he does is right too.

Although I agree GWB is more stupid than evil. But how exactly does one quantify an abstract subjective concept like "evil"?

Raven Guardia
There both bad. Bush kills and goes to war for Money, Osama is just messed up in the head and power hungry.

Alpha Centauri
Two madmen killing in the name of their God.

One gets away with it because he's a president, corrupts his people and uses them. At least Osama is honestly evil.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Crazy comparison.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
To play devil's advocate, Osama bin Laden most probably thinks what he does is right too.

Although I agree GWB is more stupid than evil. But how exactly does one quantify an abstract subjective concept like "evil"?

Yeah your right, every man thinks what hes doing is right... confused

And about evil, yes its a very subjective concept but it can be defined to a degree. For instance giving your life to save somone else is 'good'...perhaps good can be defined as going against your natural tendencies for an ideal that by our standards is 'right'. Evil in contrast could be defined as succumbing to natures flaws, anger, hate, pride etc.

PINBALL
Yeah You may not like bush but Osoma is just a evil coward who has his brain washed bitches do all the work for him Its not even close on whos more evil

Great Vengeance
-delete-

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
And about evil, yes its a very subjective concept but it can be defined to a degree. For instance giving your life to save somone else is 'good'...What if you're giving your life in order to protect someone "evil". Like the soldiers of the Fuhrer?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
One man uses fear in an attempt to force his manifesto onto millions of people, shows little regard for international law, violates peace-keeping efforts and then uses the media to spread his propoganda. The other is Osma Bin Laden.

Rather trite, I know...but the truth is that they both represent the ugly face of religious ideologues. Whereas most of the world are happy to respect the beliefs of others, these two have made it their life's work to cause fervent anger all in the name of bearded dudes who wore sandals...

Both believe they are 'morally correct' and both are fuucking-up this big, beautiful world...

Great Vengeance
What if you're giving your life in order to protect someone "evil". Like the soldiers of the Fuhrer?

Then you are even more good, giving your life for somone who wouldnt do the same indicates an unnatural amount of nobility.

xmarksthespot
Then you are even more good, giving your life for somone who wouldnt do the same indicates an unnatural amount of nobility. Huh? Maybe you misunderstood my post, because you're basically saying the Schutzstaffel - Hitler's SS - were good. messed

GCG
Bush is not a bad man people, perhaps stupid, but he thinks what he does is right. Osama Bin Laden is a vengeful man who doesnt think twice about the death of others... the choice is clear.

EDIT: I forgot about how bush caused innocent death in the bombings...hell there both not fit for positions of power.

Bush is far from stupid. So far from it.

Great Vengeance
I think its a fair statement to say bush is less evil than osama, based on the fact that osama struck first. Bush still isnt fit for his power though.

Great Vengeance
Huh? Maybe you misunderstood my post, because you're basically saying the Schutzstaffel - Hitler's SS - were good. messed

I thought you meant would a person be good if he took a bullet for an evil person? Obviously I misunderstood so explain what you mean.

xmarksthespot
You said that someone willing to die to protect the life of another is a wholly "good" act.
I gave the example of people willing to die for what most any one with common sense would call an evil man - the Schutzstaffel - to show that the wholly "good" act is as subjective as anything else.

Great Vengeance
You said that someone willing to die to protect the life of another is a wholly "good" act.
I gave the example of people willing to die for what most any one with common sense would call an evil man - the Schutzstaffel - to show that the wholly "good" act is as subjective as anything else.

Well like I said good and evil can only be defined to a degree, everything is relative. Going by common sense if somone gave up their life for somone else following a 'good' ideal then they are 'good', the ss werent following a very 'good' ideal were they? Still an ideal can be only be defined as good to an extent like I said so yeah your point is debateable...I dislike arguing points like these being that the greatest minds of all time havent given us a satisfying and absolute definition of good and evil yet; I dont think were going to find the answer.

AdventChild
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Two madmen killing in the name of their God.

One gets away with it because he's a president, corrupts his people and uses them. At least Osama is honestly evil.

-AC

I'm with you on that one.

feralboy
me to

BackFire
I think Osama Bin Laden is far worse, it's a very silly comparison, much like the Bush/Hitler comparisons that people often make.

Darth Jello
i wouldn't have thought of saying this a year ago, but aren't they the same evil? sorry, but things would be impossibly convenient and coincidental for them not to be working together.

Hit_and_Miss
Osama only came about as he was trained by the CIA... America created there own worst enemy...

Deano
osama is very evil and wants nothing but bad things to happen to the US. the powers that be saw this and allowed him to carry out the attacks of 9/11. he might not of even been involved at all.

as for bush, well i think its clear to everyone now that he is just a puppet controled from behind the scenes. whateva happens isnt his doing. even though i do think bush as a sick mind anyway, its a feleing i get when i look at him

Bardock42
I don't think any of them is evil....now from my point of view...again I don't feel ore threatened by either one...so they are on par....

Cepheus
Originally posted by BackFire
I think Osama Bin Laden is far worse, it's a very silly comparison, much like the Bush/Hitler comparisons that people often make.
I agree.

Tengu Man
Yeah your right, every man thinks what hes doing is right... confused

And about evil, yes its a very subjective concept but it can be defined to a degree. For instance giving your life to save somone else is 'good'...perhaps good can be defined as going against your natural tendencies for an ideal that by our standards is 'right'. Evil in contrast could be defined as succumbing to natures flaws, anger, hate, pride etc. evil cant really be defined no more than a virus can be diefined to a particular structure. to put it simple evil only exist in other people, its a flaw, but it dosent exist by itself, its there as a corrupting measure, if you will, like rot in a tree or rust on a car.

as for whos evil. Bush isnt a bad man, he dosent know what hes doing, but he is not bad, there are alot of scandals and hidden conspiracies surrounding him, but that has been around since the spanish american war, so you cant really blame him, besides, he has no more power then congress, not the people, congress give him. our government is corrupt but it isnt all bush. i have to go with Osama, he and his followers have been planning this forever, they had "conventions" preaching a jihad or holy war against us in our own country, funny how freedom of speech can work against you.

xmarksthespot
I can define the structure of a virus using X-ray crystallography...

Tengu Man
yeah but who says its gonna be like that forever.

when i think evil i think a virus, something thats not dead but not alive, like evil it exist, but not on it own, like a parasite, im only using it as a metaphor.

Hit_and_Miss
well all humanity is a parasite to the earth...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
well all humanity is a parasite to the earth...

Earth would have to be alive for that to apply...it isn't though....

Hit_and_Miss
I concider the earth to be "alive", just as much as a tree... yes I probably can be proved wrong... but the earth acts in a way to keep a natural balance... just like the rest of nature...

Bardock42
I concider the earth to be "alive", just as much as a tree... yes I probably can be proved wrong... but the earth acts in a way to keep a natural balance... just like the rest of nature...

So when you say earth you mean the Eco System? ...yeah well you are right we rape that one up and down.....

lil bitchiness
They are both as bad as each other. Osama however does it all himself, Bush is a puppet.

Spelljammer
Osama Bin Laden has been dead sense October of 2001. How many times does SpellJammer have to say this?

He was all talk. He was a second-rate terrorist who had no real agenda, he was a barbarian, and a mindless twit just trying to extract revenge on those who opposed the harsh rules of the Taliban. (And considering all the hectic rules, it's no wonder they were named TaliBAN.)

Where as George Bush is courageous America Hero, forced to comply to the evil goverment he works for. Bush is not to blame, but the secret faces who control our country. He's like some holy knight, blackmailed into doing what the overlord says or something really bad will happen..

So out of those two options, SpellJammer will say Osama. Though his threat level may be considerably lower considering he had to brain to backup his intent..

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud Mistah Laden

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Where as George Bush is courageous America Hero, forced to comply to the evil goverment he works for. Bush is not to blame, but the secret faces who control our country. He's like some holy knight, blackmailed into doing what the overlord says or something really bad will happen..

I can't believe anyone with the ability to think would come out with such a stupid view....

Tengu Man
osama bin ladden is dead? what proof do you have? or were you being serious?

Morgoths_Wrath
Yeah, I hate how Bush makes it sound like Osama bin Laden and all his followers are "evil", and most people just assume he's right, without understanding their reasoning for doing what they (the terrorists) do.

And then anyone who speaks on behalf of Islamic terrorists is at risk of getting in trouble with the government.

Reminds me of a part of the book "1984" by George Orwell, where the people had to have their Two Minutes Hate (if you haven't read 1984, you should). The authority figures make you feel like you need to condemn these "enemies" and everyone else just feels the need to join in, since it seems like the only logical thing to do when you have an enemy.

But what ever happened to trying to work these things out? Bush makes it sound like these people cannot be reasoned with, and therefore there's not choice but to hate on them, and once he gets our support he goes and does some damn fool thing like invading Iraq.

So who's worse? I daresay Bush, but it's a close call. I don't agree with what either one, but like someone said before, at least bin Laden seems to be more honest and less corrupt.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Tengu Man
osama bin ladden is dead? what proof do you have? or were you being serious?
You'll just have to take SpellJammer's word for it. Scrying is a tool used by us witches to derive information. Any witch worth thier cauldron, psychic, or someone who works for the goverment branch knows this..

And possibly Deano, but Deano only knows about it cause his conspiracy theories are so vast he managed to get a lucky shot..

Bardock42
If you haven't read 1984....read Brave New World....much better.......then read it again...well..and I guess you can read 1984 then...although Animal Farm is still better.....

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

So who's worse? I daresay Bush, but it's a close call. I don't agree with what either one says, but like someone said before, at least bin Laden seems to be more honest and less corrupt.
You should read SpellJammer's Full Metal President thread. If anything President Bush is the equivalent to Ed whilest the terrorists are like Scar..

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Bardock42
If you haven't read 1984....read Brave New World....much better.......then read it again...well..and I guess you can read 1984 then...although Animal Farm is still better.....

I have Brave New World but I haven't read it yet. I'll read it once I'm done with Catch 22.

And I can't see how you can like Animal Farm better than 1984.

Bardock42
I have Brave New World but I haven't read it yet. I'll read it once I'm done with Catch 22.

And I can't see how you can like Animal Farm better than 1984.

I need to read Catch 22 yet.....how do you like it?

Well I guess I hatre Communism more than Facism......I guess 1984 is all right...just not that enjoyable....

Hit_and_Miss
You'll just have to take SpellJammer's word for it. Scrying is a tool used by us witches to derive information. Any witch worth thier cauldron, psychic, or someone who works for the goverment branch knows this..

And possibly Deano, but Deano only knows about it cause his conspiracy theories are so vast he managed to get a lucky shot..

Im sorry... but are you serious... do you think your a witch??? can you prove to me that you are?? or are you just like all the other willow wanabees....

Spelljammer
#1: SpellJammer doesn't need to prove anything to you. Who are you? Nobody..

#2: Neither SpellJammer, nor the gods he serves are your dancing bear. So he's not about to draw energy from any source to prove you wrong just cause you want to be an ass..

#3: You know, for a newbie you sure are a prick.. messed

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Bardock42
I need to read Catch 22 yet.....how do you like it?

I just started it not too long ago, but so far I've enjoyed it

Morgoths_Wrath
you'd probably like it if you like war stories, but there's also some humor in it

Inspectah Deck
Im sorry... but are you serious... do you think your a witch??? can you prove to me that you are?? or are you just like all the other willow wanabees....

I have clues that he is really a wizard

mr.smiley
I think its a fair statement to say bush is less evil than osama, based on the fact that osama struck first. Bush still isnt fit for his power though.

But did Osama realy strike first?The muslims have been very pissed since the crusades.I think it realy goes back further than 9/11 but, I still see what your saying.
One reason I brought this up is because this disturbes me so much.I mean at least we know where Bin Laden stands.I think he might possibly be one of the evilest men on the planet,but what is worse,visible evil or hidden evil?I genuily feel that Bush is a hidden evil with a hidden agenda

botankus
Mr. smiley, I have one request. Can you modify your sig to look more like your avi? I'd really, really appreciate it!

Hit_and_Miss
#1: SpellJammer doesn't need to prove anything to you. Who are you? Nobody..

#2: Neither SpellJammer, nor the gods he serves are your dancing bear. So he's not about to draw energy from any source to prove you wrong just cause you want to be an ass..

#3: You know, for a newbie you sure are a prick.. messed

I'm not trying to be offensive....but I have seen tv shows were people say they are a which and then they show little proof that they are anything other then a nut job.... I'm just wondering cause I believe there might be some merit to there being supernatural powers.... just TV only shows the nut jobs......

just wondering if you can back up your claims with some stories.... not trying to call you piss you off

also you registered that account after me.... who you callin newb...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
you'd probably like it if you like war stories, but there's also some humor in it

Oh dear...Are you really saying that one of the most anti-war books ever published would appeal to someone who actually enjoys real war stories!?!? Then, to say that there's some humor in it shows that most of it is blowing over your head...

Oh, for sure...There's 'some humor' hidden in that premise...

mr.smiley
Originally posted by botankus
Mr. smiley, I have one request. Can you modify your sig to look more like your avi? I'd really, really appreciate it!

LOL!

I never thought of that.

debbiejo
Yeah do it.....everyone just loves that....

and yeah....the Muslims and crusades goes a long long way back....war war war....people believeing in the "One God"...are always at war with each other it seems.

soleran30
Osama actually wears a turbin just to hide his horns I hear evil face

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
Osama actually wears a turbin just to hide his horns I hear evil face

laughing out loud ...And his tail????

soleran30
the tail is um tucked between his legs currently with the US troops there lol laughing

debbiejo
Man, he must look strange naked...... confused laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Man, he must look strange naked...... confused laughing out loud

Are you fanaticizing about nude men again? stick out tongue

debbiejo
^ Only Osama....horns, tail, army men....must be quite a site.. eek!

I wonder if it gets too crowded for Mrs. Osama in bed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.