BATman vs. Nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
They meet in gotham randomly, bats has his usual gear and crawler has two swoards, what happens...

xmarksthespot
Batman get's a sword 'ported into his face.

Metalmanx
Basically. Yea. Xmarks got it right on the nose.

Nightcrawler kills Batman faster than he thought he was able to die.

EsteemedLeader
Please. Batman would do something called 'dodging'. Anyone ever heard of it?

xmarksthespot
He's going to dodge a sword teleported into the same space as his head is located which would fuse molecules? Okay...

EsteemedLeader
By the time Nightcrawler has the sword drawn, Bats will already have lobbed a batarang into his chest, which then explodes.

xmarksthespot
Teleporter. He can be in front of Batman, to the side of Batman, behind Batman, all in fractions of a second. At night his body becomes invisible in shadow. He has above peak acrobatic agility.

He can teleport fifty feet up draw the sword and teleport back down in the exact location where the sword will reappear in Batman's head.

EsteemedLeader
Not if Batman hits the ***** wth a batarang.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Not if Batman hits the ***** wth a batarang.

You're not being serious, are you?

I really hope not.

K3VIL
NC teleports around Bat at the distance required to hit him with punches and kicks, then teleport with the sword already out and stab him in the head.

Juntai
Nearing Batman, Nightcrawler forgets he can even teleport, because Batman wields the might Bat-Force against him.
Then kicks him into oblivion, since he's apperently got a fast enough leg to trip Flash, and a powerful enough leg to knock the wind out of hulk or kick Captain Marvel so hard he transforms back into Billy Batson.

jollyjim311
Instructions for Nightcrawler:

1)Teleport
2)Stab
(repeat process until you see fit)

Batman would find very little advantage against Nightcrawler.

wolverine8888
batman by the way is human level agility even with porting dodging his badrangs would be so easy for a level 5 agailit character

NoFate007
Batman loses. He's got amazing reflexes and all that, but he can't predict where Nightcrawler will pop up. Nightcrawler wins this.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
By the time Nightcrawler has the sword drawn, Bats will already have lobbed a batarang into his chest, which then explodes.
wacko

wolverine8888
ya esteem u think to highly of batman, night crawler far to agile for that to happen lol

DrDoom101
can nightcrawler teleport a sword into Batman? i know he can stab bruce, but i dont know about teleporting a sword into him

8bitChris
He can :P. Same way Nightcrawler has to be careful about teleporting into walls and dying. That's why he usually only teleports to places he can see or has seen before.

jgiant
since we all agree that crawler wins with swords, how about if he didn't...

DrDoom101
if he didn't have the swords, then it's a tie.

jollyjim311
No, then batman is down in seconds instead of milliseconds.

Metalmanx
Yea. Take his swords away, it just prolongs Batman's defeat.

Ever heard of breaking someone's neck?

batman2505
batman merges with the shadow and when he sees n.c bang he kills him with a batrang or he hits him in the balls and them hits him with a batarang plus how the hell is n.c gana stab batman in the face with a sord u people r stupid

Superherovandal
being batgod he'll have a super anti teleport field in the area when NC gets then. and then because of Bat's jobber aura he forgets how to dodge or move without trippeing and thus he gets knocked out by one bat-roundhouse kick....

seriously this goes to NC 10/10

TheKahn
Originally posted by batman2505
batman merges with the shadow and when he sees n.c bang he kills him with a batrang or he hits him in the balls and them hits him with a batarang plus how the hell is n.c gana stab batman in the face with a sord u people r stupid

Of course, how in the world could we possibly forget Batman's famous anti-face-stabbing-with-a-sword power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've noticed a pattern that many of your posts seem to follow. Usually you simply spew out some illogical gibberish that varies from having little or no relevance to the fight and end with an insult (which is barely intelligible) to the intelligence of those who may actually know what they are talking about. Normally, I could care less about the laughable opinions of fanboys such as yourself, but you've managed to stand out from the rest of the normal rabble we get here by demonstrating a decidedly irritating mix of ignorance and rudeness. Until you learn either presentable debating skills or some modicum of politeness, I suggest that you be quiet while the adult are talking, junior.

superman41082
Guys.......... you're underestimating Batman. First of all, Nightcrawler is not going to shove a sword in his eye. That's not his personality. He'll try to punch him down or something, which will prove much harder against Batman being superior in fighting.

Say for fun that it's a mindless Nightcrawler. Now when you say meet randomly, I guess that neither will have the drop on one another. If Bats sees him first and just decides to take him out, it's over. Bats wins, but, ok, mindless Nightcrawler vs Batman. I also assume that neither knows anything about eachother. That's a tough one for Bats, but if he can avoid the first shot, he'll figure out how to beat him. Bats is a smart one he is.

Bats gets 3/10 vs Mindless Nightcrawler, and probably 8/10 vs the actual Nightcrawler.

brainchild81
Originally posted by TheKahn
Of course, how in the world could we possibly forget Batman's famous anti-face-stabbing-with-a-sword power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've noticed a pattern that many of your posts seem to follow. Usually you simply spew out some illogical gibberish that varies from having little or no relevance to the fight and end with an insult (which is barely intelligible) to the intelligence of those who may actually know what they are talking about. Normally, I could care less about the laughable opinions of fanboys such as yourself, but you've managed to stand out from the rest of the normal rabble we get here by demonstrating a decidedly irritating mix of ignorance and rudeness. Until you learn either presentable debating skills or some modicum of politeness, I suggest that you be quiet while the adult are talking, junior. Good post. NC 10/10

TheKahn
Originally posted by superman41082
Guys.......... you're underestimating Batman. First of all, Nightcrawler is not going to shove a sword in his eye. That's not his personality. He'll try to punch him down or something, which will prove much harder against Batman being superior in fighting.

Say for fun that it's a mindless Nightcrawler. Now when you say meet randomly, I guess that neither will have the drop on one another. If Bats sees him first and just decides to take him out, it's over. Bats wins, but, ok, mindless Nightcrawler vs Batman. I also assume that neither knows anything about eachother. That's a tough one for Bats, but if he can avoid the first shot, he'll figure out how to beat him. Bats is a smart one he is.

Bats gets 3/10 vs Mindless Nightcrawler, and probably 8/10 vs the actual Nightcrawler.

While it is true that in a bloodlusted fight NC would have an easier time beating Bats, I still think he could win a majority fighting in character. All he really has to do is to touch Batman and the fight is practically over, imo.

NC could then rapidly teleport which causes individuals who haven't build up a tolerance to the strain NC's teleporting produces to weaken or pass out, or he could simply teleport Bats a few dozen feet into the air and let him go (should be enough to break some bones but not kill Bats), or he could just teleport Bat's legs into the ground, which while painful shouldn't initially be fatal.

superman41082
While it is true that in a bloodlusted fight NC would have an easier time beating Bats, I still think he could win a majority fighting in character. All he really has to do is to touch Batman and the fight is practically over, imo.

NC could then rapidly teleport which causes individuals who haven't build up a tolerance to the strain NC's teleporting produces to weaken or pass out, or he could simply teleport Bats a few dozen feet into the air and let him go (should be enough to break some bones but not kill Bats), or he could just teleport Bat's legs into the ground, which while painful shouldn't initially be fatal.
You are completely 100% correct that Nightcrawler is too powerful for Bats to beat physically, but when I post things, I try to imagine a completely realistic situation, and when you come up with these "random" fights with Batman and make it simply about fighting, you're not looking at the essence of someone like Batman. The way I look at it, if Batman rolled up an a demonic looking guy, who may be crawling on a wall or something, he's never going to irresponsibly go up and try to physically over-power him.

What Batman does is study his opponents, and even if it's a random thing and he knows nothing about him, he'll talk him down, or distract him somehow and try to feel him out. However you look at it, Batman will never blindly go into a fight, and if he's thrown into one, he'll do his best to gather information. That being said, Bats could distract Nightcrawler and have his number. When I think of these vs forums, I try to think of the essence of the characters, and Nightcrawler's essence is not in battle, it's in his spirituality. Batman's essence is figuring out ways to win, and in the aspect of mind, Batman's got a better advantage than Nightcrawler has over he in physical power in abilities. Bats is too smart for Nightcrawler, especially the regular Nighcrawler we all know and most love. Nightcrawler does not have the competitve edge that Batman does. Hence, Batman being able to defeat him more than not in my book. While NC is too much physically for Batman, Batman is too much for NC mentally.

TheKahn
You are completely 100% correct that Nightcrawler is too powerful for Bats to beat physically, but when I post things, I try to imagine a completely realistic situation, and when you come up with these "random" fights with Batman and make it simply about fighting, you're not looking at the essence of someone like Batman. The way I look at it, if Batman rolled up an a demonic looking guy, who may be crawling on a wall or something, he's never going to irresponsibly go up and try to physically over-power him.

What Batman does is study his opponents, and even if it's a random thing and he knows nothing about him, he'll talk him down, or distract him somehow and try to feel him out. However you look at it, Batman will never blindly go into a fight, and if he's thrown into one, he'll do his best to gather information. That being said, Bats could distract Nightcrawler and have his number. When I think of these vs forums, I try to think of the essence of the characters, and Nightcrawler's essence is not in battle, it's in his spirituality. Batman's essence is figuring out ways to win, and in the aspect of mind, Batman's got a better advantage than Nightcrawler has over he in physical power in abilities. Bats is too smart for Nightcrawler, especially the regular Nighcrawler we all know and most love. Nightcrawler does not have the competitve edge that Batman does. Hence, Batman being able to defeat him more than not in my book. While NC is too much physically for Batman, Batman is too much for NC mentally.

While i would generally agree with your analysis of the nature of Nightcrawler character, the forum rules state that each combatant will fight to his or her best ability in order to win a match. That being the case, Nightcrawler, at his "best ability", can end the fight (even non lethally) in a matter of seconds leaving no time for Batman to either study him or engage in type of conversation. The only way I can see spirituality having any relevance to the fight is when Batman screams "dear God no!" after NC teleports his arm into a wall.

superman41082
While i would generally agree with your analysis of the nature of Nightcrawler character, the forum rules state that each combatant will fight to his or her best ability in order to win a match. That being the case, Nightcrawler, at his "best ability", can end the fight (even non lethally) in a matter of seconds leaving no time for Batman to either study him or engage in type of conversation. The only way I can see spirituality having any relevance to the fight is when Batman screams "dear God no!" after NC teleports his arm into a wall.

Again, you're right, but then there's no reason for this post. If Batman doesn't get to be Batman and has to play by the forum rules then he pretty much loses to lots of people, and I don't think the forum said that. It just said random, no prep. That doesn't mean that Batman doesn't have time to use psychology.

Redatom65
my favorite character kurt in all of comics with swords

8/10

w/o
it's more interesting

Kurt breaking someone's neck could tske a second by the time he arrives on his shoulders bats throws him i'll say Batman 6/10 w/o swords

TheKahn
Again, you're right, but then there's no reason for this post. If Batman doesn't get to be Batman and has to play by the forum rules then he pretty much loses to lots of people, and I don't think the forum said that. It just said random, no prep. That doesn't mean that Batman doesn't have time to use psychology.

Tell that to all the Batman fanboys wink. Again I would agree that this is that much of a match given the power sets of the two and if you are going to put Bats up against NC I would think you'd need to tilt things in Bruce's favor a bit more if you wanted a competitive fight. erm

Oh, and I meant the forum rules not the particular rules to this fight:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html

"Bloodlust
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise."

Redatom65
keep in mind bats don't kill and kurt well he may be super realigious but if this is AoA kurt..........

superman41082
If Batman is going to fight to the best of his ability, he's going to use tricks and psychology. And of Bats gets a chance to use those against someone as easy-going as Nightcrawler, he's going to have a great chance of taking him down......

TheKahn
If Batman is going to fight to the best of his ability, he's going to use tricks and psychology. And of Bats gets a chance to use those against someone as easy-going as Nightcrawler, he's going to have a great chance of taking him down......

Or Kurt would make him feel guilty for the things Bats has done to Robin all these years...shifty

grey fox
I see no reason why Kurt doesn't 'port Wayne's head off .Or as earlier stated he could just teleport the sword into Batman's skull.

superman41082
Originally posted by grey fox
I see no reason why Kurt doesn't 'port Wayne's head off .Or as earlier stated he could just teleport the sword into Batman's skull.

Well that's not the Kurt we all love. Bloodlust Kurt and a straight up fight, hard to stop that........

Arahan
Or Kurt would make him feel guilty for the things Bats has done to Robin all these years...shifty

laughing laughing laughing

Thunderstrike
Batman is so f*cked it's not even funny.

grey fox
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Batman is so f*cked it's not even funny.

Yes it is ....

AJ4LIFE
its nightcrawler vs bats its not a going to be bats dead but kc knocked out

AJ4LIFE
oh and fox i noticed u have a agenda against bats and its not dunny any more

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by Redatom65
keep in mind bats don't kill and kurt well he may be super realigious but if this is AoA kurt..........

Its so stupid people use that as a example, given the fact that AoA Kurt isn't even in continuity.

grey fox
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
oh and fox i noticed u have a agenda against bats and its not dunny any more

No i Don't , i work with the stipulations given in the thread. Don't blame me , blame the crappy match-ups.

illadelph12
Hasn't regular continuity Kurt dismembered someone? I thought it was around the time he found out Azazel was his father.

illadelph12
By the way, Bruce loses.

AJ4LIFE
u do u always be crual to him

grey fox
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
u do u always be crual to him

Give me a match-up he can win.

AJ4LIFE
i dont want to argue fox so just forget it

1021kid
well im not fighting with anyone but i think nightcrawler wins but we should take a vote

meep-meep
Originally posted by jgiant
They meet in gotham randomly, bats has his usual gear and crawler has two swoards, what happens...

With all respect if I could teleport like Night crawler does I could kill Batman. 2 sworsd for him is unnecessary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.