Can you define the style of comic story that grabs your imagination?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
four of my favourite comics have almost the same plot give or take an emphaisis or reworking. That of a being in the real world that alters it and eventually becomes an unstoppable force that either brings about utopia or has the potential to do so (the Nazz was actually going to destroy the earth).

They are Miracleman (no suprise for members over a few months)
Supreme Power (its where its going)
Sqaudron Supreme 82
The Nazz

Some of my fave comic arcs in other series have played with this theme - The Enemy/Korvac arc in Avengers is just one example.
Even Watchmen touched on this theme with Ozzymans intervention to save the world from War and DM's killing of Rorshach to keep the secret.
I guess I love the idea of benevolent dictatorships.

What are your favourite comic themes?

Creshosk
Personally I like the stories that involve the characters at play more than the characters at reast. Just relaxing, talking to one another. . . I like that sort of thing more than any epic battle.

My personal favorites are when Jubilee is hanging out with wolverine, without much of a need to fight anyone. I just love that sort of thing.

HigH ScholaR
i guess kinda the same as whirlysplatt (takes some pills)

but i also like the whole universal threat aswell or stories/arc that iknow will effect the charatacter emotionally not alway physically and have repercussions or affect marvel i.e other charatcers aswell.

8bitChris
I'm with Creshock haha. I like to see how teams interact when they are not facing the next great crisis.

For me, it's cool to see all those mutie freaks that hang out at Harry's Hideaway.

Or wedding issues!~ love

Just kidding?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
i guess kinda the same as whirlysplatt (takes some pills)

but i also like the whole universal threat aswell or stories/arc that iknow will effect the charatacter emotionally not alway physically and have repercussions or affect marvel i.e other charatcers aswell.

don't be shocked as well as always getting voted biggest troll, I usually get most votes for master debator smile and biggest ego smile

long pig
I like stories of inner turmoil. Where the character, no matter how powerful, has to deal with his own demons.

I like really trippy cosmic/magic comics too. Weird colors and distorted views of things.

insane genis
i like lots of battle and good characters, i prefer the darker stories compared to the happy, cyclops sort of stories

Mindship
I like stories that are determined by how the characters would realistically respond to a situation (whether relaxed or fulla action), as determined by their personalities, what they can do, what they believe, what their weaknesses are: stories involving real thought on the part of the writers; this as Opposed to stories driven by real-world marketing or stories where circumstances are contrived or comic-facts ignored. This can be difficult with the more powerful heroes. Star Trek highlighted this problem/tendency with its transporter: a plot device that got characters into a story real fast shoulda been able to get them outta trouble just as fast. It was why pre-crisis Superman was such a boring drip. And it must be especially hard to do month after month, year after year, decade after decade, especially without always introducing bigger and more powerful foes (eg, Doomsday followed by Imperiex followed by only God knows).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.