Which Psionic is ur fave 2!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psionic_Luver08
ok so some pl were gettin made at me cause i didnt have other psionics on the pole so im ganna make this one with other pl.!!!!!! injoy!!!!

8bitChris
Storm, Sebastian Shaw, Jubilee, Meggan, and Mr. Sinister are psionic now?

Psionic_Luver08
read the last thread about psionics and ull see why there on there and its cause the powers are either psionically controled or are just 4 some reason psionic!!!!!!!

Disappear
sinister's had telepathic powers since way back.

listing characters who MENTALLY control their powers is not the same as listing PSIONS. psions are telepaths, telekinetics, empaths, clairvoyants, psychometrics, etc. who use or manipulate ASTRAL energy characters with mentally regulated powers would include just about anyone, but they're not psions. jubilee remote controls her pafs with her thoughts, yes. she doesn't do ANYTHING psionic. storm controls weather-related phenomena with thought and due to her link to the rock she's living on, nothing psionic. she doesn't affect the mind, she doesn't affect the astral plane. and sebastian shaw is the worst example on that list, considering his powers are bound completely to his body.

meggan's empathic, though, chris.

here's a redeemable list of psions:
professor x
jean grey
emma frost
legion
sage
rachel grey
x-man
cable
stepford cuckoos
shadow king
gamesmaster
hellion
bruiser
mesmero...

characters such as that are PSIONS. characters whose powers simply require thought, i.e. most everyone, are not.

Psionic_Luver08
ok first of all i have a card that says storm controls her powers psionically hense the reason she is up there and 2 im only 13 i dont know a hole lot bout this kina stuff i just really like x-men ok jees! miffed

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
sinister's had telepathic powers since way back.

listing characters who MENTALLY control their powers is not the same as listing PSIONS. psions are telepaths, telekinetics, empaths, clairvoyants, psychometrics, etc. who use or manipulate ASTRAL energy characters with mentally regulated powers would include just about anyone, but they're not psions. jubilee remote controls her pafs with her thoughts, yes. she doesn't do ANYTHING psionic. storm controls weather-related phenomena with thought and due to her link to the rock she's living on, nothing psionic. she doesn't affect the mind, she doesn't affect the astral plane. and sebastian shaw is the worst example on that list, considering his powers are bound completely to his body.

meggan's empathic, though, chris.

here's a redeemable list of psions:
professor x
jean grey
emma frost
legion
sage
rachel grey
x-man
cable
stepford cuckoos
shadow king
gamesmaster
hellion
bruiser
mesmero...

characters such as that are PSIONS. characters whose powers simply require thought, i.e. most everyone, are not. Manipulation of Astral Energy makes you a psion?

Well there is this one theory then . . . shifty

Disappear
psionically and mentally are two different things.

and if you can point out a psion whose powers aren't tied to thought and the astral plane, go right on ahead. jean, of course, being a cosmically-empowered exception.

Creshosk
psionically and mentally are two different things.

and if you can point out a psion whose powers aren't tied to thought and the astral plane, go right on ahead. jean, of course, being a cosmically-empowered exception. I rome rumors, and would like to know if it's true. because something I read on several sites mentions Jubilee being able to sheild herself from detection by telepaths. I'd like this to be confirmed. erm

Anyway, that's not who I was originally talking about. One theory is that Tarot's powers were manipulation of Astral Plane Energy. shifty

Naw, my favorite telepath is Psylocke. smile

Disappear
never heard that about jubilee, but if claremont was writing it, i wouldn't doubt she displayed some telepathy-blocking at one point. i'll check with some sources...

tarot, pre-death, created psionically controlled energy constructs, whose bodies were based around the cards in hand and whose energy was derived from the astral plane.

and besides betsy not having any active telepathy (besides some variety of shields) these days, she was one of my favorites back in the day, too.

Dr.Fate
Exodus was awesome he had this mystical almost awe inspiring presence

Mainstream
Cable and Styfe (Apocalypse rest his soul) were my favs.

bahhh_yeti
rememba psionic means 'of the mind' thus not limiting the description to those mutants of psychic origin (jean grey, psylocke). Storm for example IS psionic as she mentally manipulates weather with her mind without any use telekinesis etc. psionic means 'sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences' and why wouldnt the ability to control the weather be as supernatural as seeing the future?

Disappear
because it deals with present day energy patterns, as opposed to refining the myriad choices any number of persons could make to define the future.

if you call storm a "psion" because she mentally manipulates her powers, you'd have to call sebastian shaw a psion as well. same with colossus, wolverine (in terms of his claws,) havok, polaris, magneto, cortez, etc. the practical application of the term "psionic" is completely separate from those who simply direct their physical or energy-based powers with thought. otherwise, most mutants would be psions, and the distinction would be pointless.

the three major "types" of powers are physical, energy, and psionic. physical mutants, such as colossus and the beast, are neither psions nor energy-manipulators. energy-wielding mutants such as storm or thunderbird (III) are neither psions nor physical mutants. and psionic mutants such as xavier and jean grey are considered to not be energy wielders, though they employ energy generated by the mind, and are not physical mutants. certain mutants, such as emma frost or iceman, have mutations which may fit into more than one category.

Decay
id say proteus. his powers are by definition everything. he can alter reality in any way he sees fit. written well hed be an awesome awesome mutant.

bahhh_yeti
I do believe on an episode of Xmen evolutions, Storm went apeshit out of control with her powers, When asked to stop her Xavier stated that her state means that he cant mentally reach her (just lyk phoenix). Now Storm's powers would have to be, on sum level, a psionic otherwise Xavier couldve stopped her with a mental block which for example he was able to use on Juggernaut, whose powers r always out of control (Especialy in the presence of Xavier) , since Juggernaut is pure physical. If storm were just physical OR energy Xavier couldve easily KOed her.

nathan summers
X-Men Evolution is hardly a canon source to base anything on.

bahhh_yeti
Evolution may be a diff perspective of Xmen but it still follows the basis of each characters persona e.g. Storm's fear of small spaces, The love interests, Wolverine's past. The only thing that's different are the ages (respectively).

bahhh_yeti
Also Storm's abilities allow her to mentally trigger her surroundings (in terms of the weather). She doesnt generate lightning or blizzards through her hands. Havik, for example, generates his blasts through his body and not directly of the mind (he cant control the movement of blasts with his mind, only the power, whereas Storm does both).

nathan summers
because it deals with present day energy patterns, as opposed to refining the myriad choices any number of persons could make to define the future.

if you call storm a "psion" because she mentally manipulates her powers, you'd have to call sebastian shaw a psion as well. same with colossus, wolverine (in terms of his claws,) havok, polaris, magneto, cortez, etc. the practical application of the term "psionic" is completely separate from those who simply direct their physical or energy-based powers with thought. otherwise, most mutants would be psions, and the distinction would be pointless.

the three major "types" of powers are physical, energy, and psionic. physical mutants, such as colossus and the beast, are neither psions nor energy-manipulators. energy-wielding mutants such as storm or thunderbird (III) are neither psions nor physical mutants. and psionic mutants such as xavier and jean grey are considered to not be energy wielders, though they employ energy generated by the mind, and are not physical mutants. certain mutants, such as emma frost or iceman, have mutations which may fit into more than one category.

Agreed.

Disappear
storm does generate lightning from her hands. ever picked up a comic book? by creating a bioelectric field within her own body, she can effectively disrupt incoming psionic probes, much akin to the way gambit can disrupt telepathy by using his powers. you don't need to be a telepath to stop a telepath.

storm MENTALLY directs energy patterns to create meteorological phenomena. if you equate everything mental to psionic, you've got no business trying to interpret this thread... storm isn't, wasn't and won't ever be a psion. sorry.

Lucid Lui
Exodus owns all...!!

bahhh_yeti
According to various writers of the comics, Storm merely channels lightning.I dont believe that everything mental is psionic and u should really indulge yourself by researching the various levels psionics that are classed within different abilities not just to the reference of X-men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.