SPIDERman vs. NIGHTcrawler w/swords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
They fight in NYC, bloodlust on, nightcrawler has two swords...what happens...

GODSCRIBE
webslinger disarms nightcrawler with relative ease, and they are forced into hand to hand combat which spidey wins. their agilities and speed cancel eachother out. the spider sense is just about as useful as nc's teleportation; so in effect cancel eachother out. spiderman has the advantage of superior strength and his webs....weapons or no weapons he should take this pretty easily.

jgiant
I don't think so...crawler has given spidey some trouble without any weapons...

spiderman44
naw if nightcrawler tryes to teleport or somethin spidermans spider sence will go off and be4 kurt gets close enough spidermans gunna kick him in the face

Metalmanx
Spidey wins because he'll already be thrusting the sword into the spot that Nightcrawler teleports to, killing NC.

Teleportation is awesome. Just useless against pre-cog.

Lord Ryugen
Kurt isn't as agile as Spidy from what I remember, his only real advantage is his teleporting, and even then Spidy can dodge any tp attack Nightcralwer makes. Spidy wins

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Spidey wins because he'll already be thrusting the sword into the spot that Nightcrawler teleports to, killing NC.

Teleportation is awesome. Just useless against pre-cog. Mmx only Nightcrawler has swords.

Spidey is more agile but NC's up there too. In a straight up fight Spidey wins with ease.

I'm seeing situations where either could win.

If NC's clever he doesn't single port to attack he does multiple consecutive random ports which would render the spider-sense null.

If he manages to get a hold on Spidey with any one of his 4 opposable appendages or his prehensile tail he can teleport really high. And leave him there.

jgiant
If nc fights wisely he beats spiderman, i dont even think it would be too hard of a fight either...

Wynndar
multiple teleports r irrelevant. Spidey Sense cant be confused that way. When has NC given Parker trouble in the past. Only situation I can recall was the secret wars. Spiderman made Kurt look like a joke, as he proceeded to take the whole X-Men on and win.

Smaxxer
The first time they met each other, NC actually was doing not too bad, but Spider-Man was a bit confused and thought he fought a demon (yeah I know...).

But still, Spider-Man >>> Kurt. Those swords won't make things much more difficult for Spider-Man.

Wynndar
when was this? In secret war, Spiderman dogged him out bad.

jgiant
The first fight nc stuned spidey and took his camera, if nc had swords it would have been all she wrote...

Smaxxer
Originally posted by jgiant
The first fight nc stuned spidey and took his camera, if nc had swords it would have been all she wrote...
If this if that. If Spider-Man didn't hold back...

jgiant
Originally posted by Wynndar
when was this? In secret war, Spiderman dogged him out bad.
Amazing Spidey 161, 162...curt got the first two punches, spidey then hit him pretty hard, then webed his tail to the wall, which didn't work, nc hit spidey in the head with the piece of wall stuck to his tail, spidey even said and i quote, "whoever he is, he's as agile as i am!" after he rode with spidey's punch so he could catch hold of a ferris wheel...spiderman then took him to the ground and nc bamfed away...then nc caught spidey off gaurd even with his great spider sense and almost koed him, spiderman then chased him and they fought again and spidey webed him punched him and then big punisher took them both out...

jgiant
Originally posted by Smaxxer
If this if that. If Spider-Man didn't hold back...
don't understand...

Khellendros
I say NC takes it if well written. He's fast enough to get out of the way of the webbing with a teleport, and the swords mean he has to land a lot fewer blows to put spidey down. And, don't forget, Nigthcrawler can fence with his tail just as well as he can with his arms, so Spidey getting behind him would be no good either.

Wynndar
Spiderman could technically kill NC just by landing a single punch.

jgiant
Yeah if nc is just standing there waiting to be hit, did i mention is is almost if not as agile as spiderman he rolls with the punches, and its gonna be really hard for spidey even to land a punch...nc will win if he goes all out...spidey's spider sense doesn't work as well as people would like it to...

Khellendros
Captain Britain couldn't.

jgiant
Originally posted by Khellendros
Captain Britain couldn't.
Yeah thats right, nc punked cap. britian...nc is no slouch...

jgiant
Thats why he beats spidey, spidey's agility is slightly better if at all, he has the strength yes, he has the webbing yes, he has the sense yes, but it does him no good nc is too fast...crawler can bamf in less than a half a second, and he could keep doing it spidey is gonna have a real tough time even touching nc if he goes all out, and the swords seal the deal he is an expert...

Metalmanx
It really doesn't matter how fast NC teleports. Even if he does it in random successions. The Spider sense will let Peter know where the attack will eventually come from before it happens. So when Kurt finally decides to attack from a random position, there's a punch to the face already waiting for Kurt when he BAMFs.

So again, Spidey wins.

Khellendros
Spdey sense isn't perfect against people with comparable speeds. Hell. Spidey takes hits from human martial artists. Thing is, Nightcrawler has enough speed and durability to dodge the webbing and take a few hits, while his swords will do a lot of damage each time he lands a blow.

jgiant
Spider sense is not that good...nc wins.

Superherovandal
yeah the Spider Sense doesn't tell where the danger is coming from only that its is coming.

jgiant
Damn right, nc wins...

Metalmanx
I dunno...that Spider sense sure seems to let him know where the attack is coming from to me...

wolverine8888
spider sense makes spiderman win there only a few people who can prodict night crawlers movements and one of them is spiderman

Creshosk
Yes, lets all refer to the great and might Secret wars where spiderman neutrilized Nightcrawlers teleportation with his webbing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not sure who would win. . . Nightcrawler probably could if he was expecting Spiderman's prestrike. And could probably appear in a manner as to have the swords held up in such a way, that they trigger the spidersense the most and Spiderman punches and chops his hand up . . .

Not sure if that would work. .

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Creshosk
Yes, lets all refer to the great and might Secret wars where spiderman neutrilized Nightcrawlers teleportation with his webbing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not sure who would win. . . Nightcrawler probably could if he was expecting Spiderman's prestrike. And could probably appear in a manner as to have the swords held up in such a way, that they trigger the spidersense the most and Spiderman punches and chops his hand up . . .

Not sure if that would work. .

I think Spiderman would be able to react fast enough to avoid any sort of choping that Nightcrawler might try...

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14vt1.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29ju.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34rk.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35yh.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27rh.jpg

jgiant
It all depends sometimes spider sense tells him where danger is coming from other times it doesn't, spidey says my spidersense is going crazy, does he ever say its coming from behind me or to the side, maybe if he hears it yes otherwise the writers may make his spidersense tell him were danger is...

jgiant
I think Spiderman would be able to react fast enough to avoid any sort of choping that Nightcrawler might try...

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14vt1.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29ju.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34rk.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35yh.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27rh.jpg
Not too impressive...

jgiant
Please read this spiderman fanboys:
"Spider-Man's most subtle power is his spider-sense. A form of clairvoyance or sixth sense, it unconsciously activates and alerts him to any threat to himself, manifesting as a tingling at the back of his skull. While it cannot tell him of the exact nature of the threat, Spider-Man can judge the severity of it by the intensity of the tingling. For instance, if an enemy passes by Spider-Man with no intention of interacting with him, the spider-sense would give a low signal indicating that he should be alert for a possible danger. On the other hand, if there is an immediate lethal physical danger to Parker such as a sniper taking aim and about to fire for a kill shot, the spider-sense's tingling would take on an almost painful intensity to indicate a need to take extreme evasive action without hesitation."
Wikipedia
No mention of were danger is coming from, Nightcrawler wins...

Smaxxer
Not too impressive...
Not too impressive ? He was followed by two very very fast moving bullets, who followed him over half New York, and he managed to catch one with his hands...

I like to see Kurt doing that.

Smaxxer
"Spider-Man's most subtle power is his spider-sense. A form of clairvoyance or sixth sense, it unconsciously activates and alerts him to any threat to himself, manifesting as a tingling at the back of his skull. While it cannot tell him of the exact nature of the threat, Spider-Man can judge the severity of it by the intensity of the tingling. For instance, if an enemy passes by Spider-Man with no intention of interacting with him, the spider-sense would give a low signal indicating that he should be alert for a possible danger. On the other hand, if there is an immediate lethal physical danger to Parker such as a sniper taking aim and about to fire for a kill shot, the spider-sense's tingling would take on an almost painful intensity to indicate a need to take extreme evasive action without hesitation."
Wikipedia
No mention of were danger is coming from, Nightcrawler wins...
You know what Wikipedia is, right ? It's absolutely not official.

But why am I debating this ? I have seen lots of times Spider-Man thinking something like : Oh oh spider-sense tingling, there's danger behind that corner and so on.

He has fought more than once in complete darkness, only relying on his spider-sense to tell him WHERE or FROM WHERE his attacker(s) came from.

When he dodges from a surprise attack, he mostly dodges away from the attack, he's not dodging towards the attacker, there's a reason why he does that...

jgiant
Not too impressive ? He was followed by two very very fast moving bullets, who followed him over half New York, and he managed to catch one with his hands...

I like to see Kurt doing that.
He didn't excape them and he passed out when he got hit by a bullet...oh and i have seen times when spiderman gets hit right after he says his spider sense is tingleing, and wait i remember when he said my spider sense is tingleing and he got punked by nightcrawler...first fight, so i guess he had the flu right? Spider sense is not full proof...nc wins because of this...

Smaxxer
Spider sense is not full proof...
No it isn't.

But in most cases, the spider-sense works just fine. There is absolutely no reason to assume why it wouldn't work here.

jgiant
oh and i have seen times when spiderman gets hit right after he says his spider sense is tingleing, and wait i remember when he said my spider sense is tingleing and he got punked by nightcrawler...first fight, so i guess he had the flu right? I'd say 5/10 it tells him where danger is coming, most likely less...

jgiant
There is really no way of telling for certain if his spider sense tells him where danger is coming from, does it say anywhere that it does, or are you assuming...either way in alot of the cases ive seen spider sense tingles and he gets hit, sometimes even by humans...nc wins once again...

Smaxxer
There is really no way of telling for certain if his spider sense tells him where danger is coming from,
Yes there is. Read the goddamn comics...

(to be expected reply : Yeah but in that comic I clearly saw Spider-Man getting hit by this and that thug, so what are you gonna say now huh ?)

jgiant
Yeah but in that comic I clearly saw Spider-Man getting hit by this and that thug...hey good job you almost read my mind...

MERCILOUS
There's alot of myth on this thread.

Spidersense is not pre-cog. It would have to tell him of danger before it happened to be pre-cog, it does not. It's just a form of very fast reflexes, describing spidersense as pre-cog is just fanboy talk. The spidersense however, has been depicted as giving the general direction of an attack.

Spiderman did punk NC in secret wars, but everyone forgets to mention that SPIDEY HAD A POWER BOOST. Actually read the comic jokers. On the other hand NC took it to a normally powered spidey.

SPIDERMAN IS NOT MORE AGILE THAN NC! Plain and simple, you could argue that they are equal or that NC has the edge but to say that Spiderman is more agile is just fanatic spideyboy talk. God forbid anyone be more agile than their precious spiderman.

Spiderman aint killing anyone in one hit. He's never done it, not even when actually trying to kill (so leave that "holds back" sh!t at home.)

As for my opinion, NC has a sword and knows how to use it, generally having a weapon against an unarmed opponent is a serious advantage, so I think NC has a decent chance.

jgiant
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
There's alot of myth on this thread.

Spidersense is not pre-cog. It would have to tell him of danger before it happened to be pre-cog, it does not. It's just a form of very fast reflexes, describing spidersense as pre-cog is just fanboy talk. The spidersense however, has been depicted as giving the general direction of an attack.

Spiderman did punk NC in secret wars, but everyone forgets to mention that SPIDEY HAD A POWER BOOST. Actually read the comic jokers. On the other hand NC took it to a normally powered spidey.

SPIDERMAN IS NOT MORE AGILE THAN NC! Plain and simple, you could argue that they are equal or that NC has the edge but to say that Spiderman is more agile is just fanatic spideyboy talk. God forbid anyone be more agile than their precious spiderman.

Spiderman aint killing anyone in one hit. He's never done it, not even when actually trying to kill (so leave that "holds back" sh!t at home.)

As for my opinion, NC has a sword and knows how to use it, generally having a weapon against an unarmed opponent is a serious advantage, so I think NC has a decent chance.
Thank you good sir...

brainchild81
Wikipedia
No mention of were danger is coming from, Nightcrawler wins... Click the link in my sig please

Smaxxer

A power boost ? Interesting.... what kind of power boost ?

jgiant
Originally posted by brainchild81
Click the link in my sig please
Very good, i guess if spidey is written to his full potentional he could pose a serious threat to nc...but i really do not think he could keep up with a well written kurt, he would bamf all over the place, hell even if he gets a hold of spidey or if spidey gets a hold of him, nc could just bamf up to a really high place and startel spidey, thus giving kurt the time he needs to cut him up good...again i do not believe, even with his knowing where he is bamfing that he would be able to keep up with it...

brainchild81
Not too impressive... He caught a f**king bullet! Some people are too hard to please. laughing

DarkCrawler
Spider-Man has been on superhero business for a long time...longer then Nightcrawler...

But Nightcrawler has pretty much been an acrobat since he was able to walk.

I think they are equal in agility. But Spidey wins all the other areas.

MERCILOUS
A power boost ? Interesting.... what kind of power boost ?

I don't know but they were on battle world and spidey's powers where augmented, also note that none of the x-men where using there powers in those panels, what the hell is up with that?

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Spider-Man has been on superhero business for a long time...longer then Nightcrawler...

But Nightcrawler has pretty much been an acrobat since he was able to walk.

I think they are equal in agility. But Spidey wins all the other areas.
I'll let you argue equal but just don't go saying better.

brainchild81
Spidey does have inhuman equilibrium though.

Metalmanx
I don't know but they were on battle world and spidey's powers where augmented, also note that none of the x-men where using there powers in those panels, what the hell is up with that?

I'll let you argue equal but just don't go saying better.

And why not? Because Spidey has been shown over and over again to be more agile? Don't get me wrong, I know that NC along with Beast are the most agile mutants, but they're JUST below Spidey in that area.

Like, if Spidey were a 10 in terms of agility, Nightcrawler would be a 9.5.

Smaxxer
I don't know but they were on battle world and spidey's powers where augmented
You mean SW I and his powers were not augmented.

Bollocks.

MERCILOUS
And why not? Because Spidey has been shown over and over again to be more agile? Don't get me wrong, I know that NC along with Beast are the most agile mutants, but they're JUST below Spidey in that area.

Like, if Spidey were a 10 in terms of agility, Nightcrawler would be a 9.5.

It's the other way around, super-equilibrium or no.

You mean SW I and his powers were not augmented.

Bollocks.

Yes they were, and if you read that book you'd know that.

Metalmanx
It's the other way around, super-equilibrium or no.

Well, I guess I'm wrong cuz Merc says so.

MERCILOUS
Well, I guess I'm wrong cuz Merc says so.

You damn straight.

scotsmn
I've heard the following argument before but never got a definitive answer. Can NC teleport just a part of you away? Say.. your head?

MERCILOUS
Theoritically yes, he did it in AoA. But I don't think he's ever done it in 616, he's just not vicious enough.

scotsmn
Forgive my noobness, but what are you guys referring to by 616?

MERCILOUS
I don't know. Actually it's the number of the universe that all (or most of) the marvel stories take place in.

wannabe
Theoritically yes, he did it in AoA. But I don't think he's ever done it in 616, he's just not vicious enough. In 616 he teleported Magnus's ("father" of the former New Mutant Warlock) arm away, and he "disembodied" a Sentinel in the Danger Room (that was quite impressive!!!).
Rouge once absorbed Kurt's powers to battle Nimrod and teleported his arm off.

MERCILOUS
Oh, well there you go, it's ok to argue that tactic for NC now.

wannabe
Originally posted by wannabe
In 616 he teleported Magnus's ("father" of the former New Mutant Warlock) arm away, and he "disembodied" a Sentinel in the Danger Room (that was quite impressive!!!).
Rouge once absorbed Kurt's powers to battle Nimrod and teleported his arm off. A tactic equally fatal would be to teleport something INTO someone.
Kurt once did that with a motor block to stop a Thing robot. smile

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by wannabe
A tactic equally fatal would be to teleport something INTO someone.
Kurt once did that with a motor block to stop a Thing robot. smile

Sweet, so with that information here's my question to you now. Kurt is in another dimension, he teleports something into Pete. Does pete get the use of his Spidey-senses? I say no, there's no danger there before Kurt materializes, so there's nothing to dodge until it's to late, agree?

Metalmanx
Sweet, so with that information here's my question to you now. Kurt is in another dimension, he teleports something into Pete. Does pete get the use of his Spidey-senses? I say no, there's no danger there before Kurt materializes, so there's nothing to dodge until it's to late, agree?

No.

Because directly before Kurt teleports, he will have knowledge of where Kurt where appear and attack him. As soon as Kurt appears again, he's already got a 15-ton empowered fist right in his face, since Spidey had already moved from his original position (so as to not have any sort of object teleported into himself).

I'm not going to lie, I don't know if this battle also took place in the comics, but on the tv show at least, Spidey performed the exact same technique against the Spot. Who might as well be Nightcrawler in this situation. The Spot would litter the area with small portals, jump into a portal himself, and attempt to attack Spidey that way. So Spidey waited for the Spot to attack, and, using his spider sense, he knew precisely which small portal the Spot would be in at the moment. He punched there, unable to actually see the Spot, and connected, sending the Spot out of another portal and on his ass.

Anyway, The Spot is basically Nightcrawler. He could appear out of any of this small portals and pop Spidey a few times from any direction, but with his spider sense, Spidey knew where he would be.

So, yes. It is indeed a form of precog.

Nightcrawler won't be hurting Spidey today.

Hit_and_Miss
well written??? either could win in the "well written" bias fight argument!

and comic feats from times before upgrades....

If spiderman has a small watch on his wrist at exactly 2:41 the sun could reflect into NC eyes. with a windspeed of 4/5 knots spider could jump 2inchs more, seeing how there will be a pole conveniently placed just behind NC.... Spider could....

walk up and kick the crap out of NC...

Blah blah blah rigging fights with if ands n buts is fun! laughing

MERCILOUS
Oh gee, almighty metalmanx has come on and schooled me with his non-cannon information. OH poor me, no...

And that's exactly why that question was for wannabe, not metalmanx.

Hit_and_Miss
What cause Metalmanx would school you if you asked him the question??

xmarksthespot
Sorry Metalmanx, but I'm not convinced that Spiderman would be able to predict exactly where Nightcrawler is going to emerge from an alternate dimension. Is there a canon precedent? He has a limited precognitive ability to anticipate impending danger, but he isn't Destiny.

MERCILOUS
Sure there is, since when can Spiderman sense beings in a different dimension than him. Name just one. And don't use madam web cause that wench has some sort of special dealy with him. What the hell is Spiderman gonna do when Nightcrawler teleports a sword into his head? Nothing.

Some spot guy, he kicks spiderman threw his little portal in a cartoon and all of sudden Spiderman has pre-cog... right.

Swanky-Tuna
That's stupid. It's like saying his spider sense wouldn't go off if he got shot at because there's no danger until the bullet punctures his body.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That's stupid. It's like saying his spider sense wouldn't go off if he got shot at because there's no danger until the bullet punctures his body.

Very. Good. Point.

Smaxxer
The spidersense allows Spider-Man to react a split second BEFORE the actual attack begins. I thought this was common knowledge.

A split second... it's not much, but it's enough. NC is no match for Spider-Man.

Arahan
ehm uhm is it just me or does Merc really not know anything about Spidey? In all his comments he writes such statements like: he cant do this he cant do that...and he even knows little about spideys spider sense. I am reading Spider Comics over 15 years and he has indeed some special precog : Spider Sense

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Arahan
ehm uhm is it just me or does Merc really not know anything about Spidey? In all his comments he writes such statements like: he cant do this he cant do that...and he even knows little about spideys spider sense. I am reading Spider Comics over 15 years and he has indeed some special precog : Spider Sense
I can't remember him writing something positive about Spider-Man even once, he always takes the other side. I think it's stronger than himself.

Swanky-Tuna
Merc just really doesn't like Spiderman.

MERCILOUS

No, I'm saying the danger doesn't exist until it's in his body. What don't you understand about that. Since when can Spiderman sense people swinging at him in another dimension.

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Very. Good. Point.

Wrong

The spidersense allows Spider-Man to react a split second BEFORE the actual attack begins. I thought this was common knowledge.

A split second... it's not much, but it's enough. NC is no match for Spider-Man.

Not if it's not there.

It's just you.

I can't remember him writing something positive about Spider-Man even once, he always takes the other side. I think it's stronger than himself.

You want to find me saying something positive about spidey, go to some of my very first post on this forum, before Spidey fanboys soured me.

Merc just really doesn't like Spiderman.

Unless written by Peter David (I think that's his name, temporary lapse in memory here) I commend him for ignoring House of M.

Swanky-Tuna
No, I'm saying the danger doesn't exist until it's in his body. What don't you understand about that. Since when can Spiderman sense people swinging at him in another dimension.
Why wouldn't it? I doubt it would be sensing what nightcrawler is doing in the other dimension but would sense that he will appear with a fist full of danger.

MERCILOUS
Why? Where is NC that Spiderman can sense him? Since when can Spidey sense things that don't exist on the same dimension as him?

Swanky-Tuna
Why? Where is NC that Spiderman can sense him? Since when can Spidey sense things that don't exist on the same dimension as him?
But he will exsist on the same dimension and that's what he will be warned of.

Arahan
Merc you just dont get.
Whatever, live your life, eat hamburger,sacrifice sheeps.

MERCILOUS
But he will exsist on the same dimension and that's what he will be warned of.

Too bad spiderman doesn't have pre-cog. Or he could predict things like that.

Merc you just dont get.
Whatever, live your life, eat hamburger,sacrifice sheeps.

You don't get it, spider doesn't have pre-cog, prove he does and don't use some out-dated long reconned piece of crap.

Swanky-Tuna
Too bad spiderman doesn't have pre-cog. Or he could predict things like that.
Then there should be absolutely no reason for him dodging things like electricity.

MERCILOUS
Sure there is, he reacts to the thing trying to shoot him, not to the shot itself. There's still a stimuli for him to react to. If a character who thought and moved at the speed of light shot a laser at him then he would not be able to dodge.

Swanky-Tuna
What about shots from behind?

Metalmanx
And yet...

Arahan
Merc what do you exact understand as precog?
Should he able to say the,time, place, persons and the color of the gun?
Dude there are various ways of precog and you obviously beleive there is just one like in Minority Report.

Swanky-Tuna
I alway imagined it was like that feeling you get a split second before you get hit in the head with a ball or something. You can kind of hear it and have that "OH CRAP! BEHIND YOU!" feeling for a split second before it hits. Except the spidersense would work on a "sight beyond sight" level independant of our normal 5 senses. And of course having the ability to react to it in time is nice.

Subconcious pre-cog I'd call it.

Metalmanx
I alway imagined it was like that feeling you get a split second before you get hit in the head with a ball or something. You can kind of hear it and have that "OH CRAP! BEHIND YOU!" feeling for a split second before it hits. Except the spidersense would work on a "sight beyond sight" level independant of our normal 5 senses. And of course having the ability to react to it in time is nice.

That sounds about right. More or less.

who?-kid
Yep. I read worse descriptions of the spider-sense.

Hit_and_Miss
Can't he even sense enemies that arn't attacking him.... like if hes walking along and walks past doc ock in disguise he gets warnned...

eventhough Last time I checked a spider never dodged a BB I fired at it...

If someone over a mile away aimmed a sniper rifle at him... would he know him??

who?-kid
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Of course... distance has nothing to do with it... just the fact there is danger.

Hit_and_Miss
Yup I expected as much...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Can't he even sense enemies that arn't attacking him.... like if hes walking along and walks past doc ock in disguise he gets warnned...

eventhough Last time I checked a spider never dodged a BB I fired at it...

You're right on both accounts. Spidey has constantly been shown to be able to sense that an enemy is in disguise or when there is mad plotting taking place near him.

And yea, he'd know he was about to be shot at and dodge in the nick of time. Distance means nothing. Someone could have a satellite about to fire down exactly where Spiderman is. But RIGHT before it fired, he'd know, and dodge.

That's just how he works.

jinzin
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Kurt isn't as agile as Spidy from what I remember, his only real advantage is his teleporting, and even then Spidy can dodge any tp attack Nightcralwer makes. Spidy wins

is that why spidey said.. :he's as agile as i am!" confused

Arahan
dude he says that to dozen other guys who can move in the same way like he does. NC agility is close to spideys no wrong there, but spidey is slightely more agile.

jinzin
the point is they're so close that the fight isn't about to come down to agility so why bring it up?

Arahan
i didnt bring it up. yes the agility part is not the decisive factor.

MERCILOUS
And yet...

Yeah, that guy is clearly in another dimension. Thanks for the clarification.

Merc what do you exact understand as precog?
Should he able to say the,time, place, persons and the color of the gun?
Dude there are various ways of precog and you obviously beleive there is just one like in Minority Report.

I've never seen that movie although swanky's definition is fair enough.

i didnt bring it up. yes the agility part is not the decisive factor.

Yeah, but the fact that spidey has no where to dodge if the sword's already in him is.

XerxesLogan
just because spidey knows a hit is coming.....expecialy with multipul ports doesn't mean he can dodge it......not even he can react fast enough to doge 4 blows in a second coming from everywhere........Nightcrawler wins.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by XerxesLogan
just because spidey knows a hit is coming.....expecialy with multipul ports doesn't mean he can dodge it......not even he can react fast enough to doge 4 blows in a second coming from everywhere........Nightcrawler wins.

Finally some reason.

Swanky-Tuna
I've never seen that movie although swanky's definition is fair enough.
My definition includes the ability to dodge a teleportation attack because Nightcrawler will appear and will attack. "OH CRAP! RIGHT HERE!"

Although I'm not sure why we're debating deadly teleport attacks. Is this an "out for blood" battle?

MERCILOUS
Yeah, but I'm saying that Kurt will simply teleport his weapon into spidey, and i beleive it is.

Swanky-Tuna
Well, then I think it could go either way. Simply going apeshit on each other means anything could happen. Was it stated what kind of swords Nightcrawler has?

MERCILOUS
I think it's a two of the scimitar he usually carries.

Arahan
And I think a Wookie is bigger than a bottle of wine.

who?-kid
Originally posted by XerxesLogan
I remember a comic where Spider-Man was blinded, and he still dodged various laser beams, purely relying on his instinct.

Dodging a sword, teleportation or no teleportation, won't be a hard thing for Spider-Man. Trying to teleport the sword in Spider-Man won't work, cuz his spider sense will kick in and alert Spider-Man (uh oh, have to jump away very quickly, incoming attack from the left...)

The fact that teleportation is instantaneous has nothing to do with it.

XerxesLogan
Incomeing attack from the left...the right above me below me and to the norteast..........at the same time. Thats the part you forgot.

ArtemisEntreri
Hmmmm If Spidey's spider sense goes off in the back of his skull, I wonder what would happen if it was cracked open by say...the pommel of a sword???

Juntai
Obviously Nightcrawler wins this, there's really not much to say about it. I don't understand how everyone thinks Spidey will dodge EVERYTHING, when the comics prove otherwise. He gets hit consistantly enough.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Juntai
Obviously Nightcrawler wins this, there's really not much to say about it. I don't understand how everyone thinks Spidey will dodge EVERYTHING, when the comics prove otherwise. He gets hit consistently enough.
No he doesn't. He gets hit a lot, but not consistently. In most cases, it's because he's mid air or so, or while saving somebody, or because he's outnumbered, or because this of that.

On very rare occasions, it's because his spider-sense warned him too late.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by who?-kid
I remember a comic where Spider-Man was blinded, and he still dodged various laser beams, purely relying on his instinct.

Dodging a sword, teleportation or no teleportation, won't be a hard thing for Spider-Man. Trying to teleport the sword in Spider-Man won't work, cuz his spider sense will kick in and alert Spider-Man (uh oh, have to jump away very quickly, incoming attack from the left...)

The fact that teleportation is instantaneous has nothing to do with it.

It most certainly does have something to do with it. Let's say Spidey actually gets a warning, there is no (that means zero, absolutley no time whatsoever) for him to move out of the way. The sword is already in him. NO TIME TO DODGE EQUALS DEAD SPIDEY. how hard is that to understand. Time it takes spidey to move out of the way; .1 second. Time it takes for Night crawler to teleport a sword into spidey's head; .0000000000000000000000000 seconds.

who?-kid
It most certainly does have something to do with it. Let's say Spidey actually gets a warning, there is no (that means zero, absolutley no time whatsoever) for him to move out of the way. The sword is already in him. NO TIME TO DODGE EQUALS DEAD SPIDEY. how hard is that to understand. Time it takes spidey to move out of the way; .1 second. Time it takes for Night crawler to teleport a sword into spidey's head; .0000000000000000000000000 seconds.
The spider-sense warns Spider-Man before the attack. This gives him a split second to get out of the way.

The guy dodges multiple laser attacks... how you ask ? Because his spider-sense warns him a second before they actually fire their beams at Spider-Man. For the spider-sense, a teleporting NC is exactly the same as multiple laser attacks (NC is only less dangerous).

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by who?-kid
The spider-sense warns Spider-Man before the attack. This gives him a split second to get out of the way.

The guy dodges multiple laser attacks... how you ask ? Because his spider-sense warns him a second before they actually fire their beams at Spider-Man. For the spider-sense, a teleporting NC is exactly the same as multiple laser attacks (NC is only less dangerous).

Bull. If there's no stimulus there's no spidersense. Spiderman can react to someone aiming then firing a weapon at him, because the aiming is stimulus enough to set off his spidersense. If the shooter could think and fire as fast as the bullet, then spidey would find himself dodging alot less bullets. If the shooter could think and react at the speed of light and fire a laser at Spidey then spiderman would have no time whatsoever to react. There is not space between a teleportation and thus no time. If your saying that Kurt thinking of a teleportation attack is enough stimulus for Spiderman to react to, then you need to say that, of course you seem to be to uneducated on the character you're defending to do so. Even then, a simple 1-2 combo would be enough to teleport a sword into spidey's head seeing as these characters have some prior knowledge of eachother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.