Mpeg caps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Can anyone tell me how to get caps from an MPEG?
Say I had an episode2 trailor on Mpeg and wanted to make a jpg out of a shot. How do I do that?

Hett
with the decent software big grin

Texas

Dexx
Thatz Xactly my technique Tex.....only my screenshots turn out black.... big grin

Texas
Yeah, I know if you try to with DVD it turns out black, and some Quicktime files too, but it always works with Microsoft Media player.

Corran
*rushes off to try that*

Corran
*comes back, sigh*

I got just a black screen too, using media player! Damn!

King Jedi
Thanks, I'll try it.

Palanfirith
You should you a software.....guaranteed results wink

Raz
The reason you get a black screen is because of the hardware overlay.

What to do is open TWO copies of the video. The first one you open will use the hardware overlay, the second on software. You should be able to use the PrintScreen button on the SECOND video.

mechmoggy
Your technical knowledge never fails to amaze me Raz.

Go on.... ask me something about press tools, I want to look clever too. wink

Raz
OK, is this simple enough for you?

What are press tools?

mechmoggy
Imagine, if you will, the means by which car bonnets or garage doors are made, for example. A male and female version of the shape/pattern are manufactured from tool steel, which is then hardened to increase wear resistance. These are then fitted into power presses, which come in a variety of sizes. A sheet of material is then placed between these mating "dies" and the machine bumps up and down to produce the desired shapes.

Thats the really really short version that I usually use for non-engineer. big grin

Dexx
*jaw falls*

Corran
Wow, I will now look at my garage door in a completely different light now!!!

mechmoggy
I always describe big object to impress people, press tools are also used to produce tiny little things like electrical clips and picture frame hooks.

I've worked on both ends of the spectrum too, from an electrical clip that was about 15mm long and 3mm wide up to a pierce and blank tool which produced the outer casing of a bomb! I had to use a 2 tonne gantry to get that baby apart.

Palanfirith
I sure will.......

mechmoggy
.........dress up as a lady to gain entry to and win this years Eurovision song contest.

Just a wild stab in the dark, am I right? stick out tongue

yerssot
you just had to "accidently" stab me huh mech?? mad

King Jedi
How do I open to copies of the same Mpeg?

yerssot
don't think I understand the question there...
how to open them? just click, I take

King Jedi
I meant "two" copies of the same Mpeg. Raz said it's the only way to stop getting a black screen.

finti
huh?, ok confused

King Jedi
Anyone?

yerssot
PM Raz

finti
eek! really, and I belived Raz to be male big grin

Raz
Just double click on 'Windows Media Player' icon twice and drag the file two both of them.

Moving to support section - as its more relavant for that forum...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.