Fashion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dany2
Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information.
After the tragic attack on 9/11 and the war on terrorism, Islam remain the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world

Sir Mist
What the f**k?

§P0oONY
wtf

Rogue Jedi
i am with spoony here. WTF?

fini
yeah, and YOUR point Is what??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rogue Jedi
whose point? mine or theirs?

Ken Kenobi
Umm...

Er....

Say what?

Rogue Jedi
whachoo talkin bout willis?

Bardock42
Hm while I do the sheep thing and ask "What" too, or will I respond to the post and how it should belong in the GDF ....with a correct sytax...and a real topic......but iot was probably done before......nah...too much work:

WHAT THE **** What the f**k?

dany2
Its just new information nothingelse, from what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions:

1. Muslims and Christians agree that God is self-existent._ This means that He does not derive his existence from anyone._also they both believe in Jesus, love him, and honor him. In fact, no Muslim can be a Muslim unless he or she believes in Jesus, on whom be peace.

The Quran teach that Jesus is prophet or messenger from Allah and not a God so Quran denies the divinity of Jesus.The Qur'an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by God's leave, and that he raised the dead by God's leave.

2. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.Some people also studied Buddhism, flirted with Roman Catholicism or spent time with Quakers, but ultimately found them lacking.

3. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

4. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

A person like me who is unfamiliar with Islamic teachings might be surprised to hear that Islam does not rely upon blind faith to make its case, but rather, encourages to use minds. For example, the Qur'an invites to ponder upon the wonders of creation, and challenges with intellectual arguments. Further study of the Qur'an demonstrates that sound reasoning and scientific knowledge confirm rather than contradict authentic revelation and its ability to satisfy the intellect whilst bringing peace to the soul.

That's what I got from the new Muslimah's group at Yahoo, Islamway women's board and a few other friends of mine. Stats taken by many college groups say that women convert 4 times more often then men.

Ken Kenobi
Post this in GDF, not OTF.

snehin
wtf??what is this a joke?a poop thread?

dany2
This is not a joke, if a religion claims to be the fastest growing religion on earth, it justdepends how you measure it.

If you go by how many new places of worship are popping up, then sure Islam will win - Christianity is an established religion, and has so many feckin' churches, that if they built any more, they would probably out number houses.

We cannot steer people's personal faith. Islam is now a part of western culture, wheither you like it or not. It's not just for people in prison, or rock stars looking for a new thing. Some people just associate with Islam more than Christianity. That does for the other side of things too - 70% or so of Americans are Christians, and although many don't like that, it's just the way it is. It's a fact, it can't be changed, and those people are entitled to follow their faith. Acts in the name of christianity have been responsible for some pretty fuc.ed up consequences in the last 50 years.

mattador
Originally posted by dany2
Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information.
After the tragic attack on 9/11 and the war on terrorism, Islam remain the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people too:

Why is this thread titled "fashion"?

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
whachoo talkin bout willis?

laughing out loud

Sir Mist
Acts in the name of christianity have been responsible for some pretty fuc.ed up consequences in the last 50 years.

laughing out loud Look at the last 5 years...was Christianity the fault for all that?

gandalftheblack
/me wonders if someone is tryin to recruit people to islam....

DarkC
Originally posted by snehin
wtf??what is this a joke?a poop thread?
No. It's a thread in the wrong forum.

dany2

dany2

Tired Hiker
Fucck Christianity and Muslimism. I hate them both.

Tired Hiker
God is lame. And overrated. Fuuck them both. smile

French Tip

Famous people too:

What?

I don't understand why this is in the OTF

dany2
Tired Hiker you know that natural inclination for religious faith is an integral part of the human essence. This is an indisputable fact of history. All scholars of comparative religion, regardless of their own religious backgrounds, agree that religious belief is a natural human condition. They differ, however about its origins.

the human being has a natural tendency to seek out something to worship and that there is a natural feeling that this object of worship must possess greatness.

"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes"(Soorah An- Nisaa 4:48 and 116)

dany2
Guy's! I ask of you no reward for this (Message). My reward is from none : will ye not then understand?

Surah 3 ( Chapter No 003 ) Titel The Family of Imran

003/055 Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

003/059 The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Surah 7 ( chapter no 007 ) Titel The Heights:

007/175. Relate to them the story of the man to whom We sent Our signs, but he passed them by: so Satan followed him up, and he went astray.

007/176. If it had been Our will, We should have elevated him with Our signs; but he inclined to the earth, and followed his own vain desires. His similitude is that of a dog: if you attack him, he lolls out his tongue, or if you leave him alone, he (still) lolls out his tongue. That is the similitude of those who reject Our signs; So relate the story; perchance they may reflect.

007/177. Evil as an example are people who reject Our signs and wrong their own souls.

007/178. Whom Allah doth guide,- he is on the right path: whom He rejects from His guidance,- such are the persons who perish.

007/179. Many are the Jinns and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).

007/180. The most beautiful names belong to Allah. so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.

Surah 5 ( Chapter No 005 ) Titel The Table Spread

005/116. And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.

005/117. I spake unto them only that which Thou commandedst me, (saying) : Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when Thou tookest me Thou wast the Watcher over them. Thou art Witness over all things.

005/118. If Thou punish them, lo! they are Thy slaves, and if Thou forgive them (lo! they are Thy slaves). Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.

005/119. Allah saith: This is a day in which their truthfulness profiteth the truthful, for theirs are Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they are secure for ever, Allah taking pleasure in them and they in Him. That is the great triumph.

Surah 4 ( Chapter No 004 ) Titel The Women

004/157. And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture ; they slew him not for certain.

004/158. But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, wise.

004/159. There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them

004/170. O mankind! The messenger hath come unto you with the truth from your Lord. Therefor believe; ( it is) better for you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

004/171. O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three". Cease! (it is) better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender

The natural inclination for religious faith is an integral part of the human essence. This is an indisputable fact of history. All scholars of comparative religion, regardless of their own religious backgrounds, agree that religious belief is a natural human condition. They differ, however about its origins.

"It is unreasonable to think that so many American converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation. before concluding that Islam is true. These Americans came from different classes, races and walks of life. , and every other sort of person imaginable"

No comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fini
Dany deary THERE is a religion section here you know!!!!!!

here's the link, since it looks like you didn't bother looking for it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/

there we'll gladly discuss these topics ( well once there is a discussion to be had) BUT in OTF, this DOES NOT belong.

someone MOVE this pls.

Tired Hiker
I love that this is in the OTF. The OTF is the most real place here. As far as Islam and Muslimism, sounds good. This Muslim thang actually makes more sense than Christianity. But, as far as I'm concerned, both religions are boring. Go feck yourself!

Sir Mist
"It is unreasonable to think that so many American converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation. before concluding that Islam is true. These Americans came from different classes, races and walks of life. , and every other sort of person imaginable"

No comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each person has their own right to believe in whatever religion they choose without being discriminated against or pushed into a different belief.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
But, as far as I'm concerned, both religions are boring. Go feck yourself!

Amen Brother Hikercool

Tired Hiker
I have no problem with fecking you all.tomcat

overlord
Fashion gets me high.

The internal combustion engine is a heat engine in which combustion occurs internally. Combustion of the fuel charge inside of a chamber causes a rapid rise in temperature of the gas in the chamber (including air, unburnt fuel, and combustion by products), which expands. The expanding gas is used to move a piston, turbine blades, rotor, or the engine itself as a source of power.

Internal combustion engines can be powered by any fuel that can be combined with an "oxidizer" in the chamber. Fuels used include gasoline (aka petrol), Liquified Petroleum Gas, Vapourized Petroleum Gas, Compressed Natural Gas, hydrogen, diesel fuel, JP18 (jet fuel), landfill gas, biodiesel, peanut oil, ethanol, methanol (methyl or wood alcohol), and hydrogen peroxide. The only limitations are that the fuel must be easily transportable through the fuel system to the combustion chamber, and that the fuel release sufficient energy in the form of heat upon combustion to make use of the engine practical.

By way of contrast, an external combustion engine such as a steam engine, does work when the combustion process heats a separate working fluid, such as water or steam, which then in turn does work.

Jet engines, most rockets and many gas turbines are classed as internal combustion engines, but the term "internal combustion engine" is often loosely used to refer specifically to a piston internal combustion engine and rotary combustion engine in which combustion is intermittent and the products act on reciprocating machinery, the most common subtype of this kind of engine. Today, in some published discussions, "internal combustion engine" is abbreviated to the acronym ICE.

dany2
Tired Hiker,
Excuse me!!
Would you stop for a moment?
O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself?
Who has made it?
Have you seen a design, which hasn't a designer?
Have you seen a wonderful, delicate work without a worker?
It's you and the whole universe!
Who has made them all?
You know whom? It's "ALLAH", prise be to him.
Just think for a moment.
How are you going to be after death?
Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in nothing...just after death!
Have you thought, for a second, How to save your soul from Allah's punishment?
Haven't you thought about what the religion?
Read ... and think deeply before you answer..
It is the religion that the right Bible-, which is not distorted-has, preached.
Just have a look at The Bible of (Bernaba).
Don't be emotional.
Be rational and judge.
Just look, listen...compare and then judge and say your word.

dany2
see islam is a great thing ..... islam like the sweet if you test it one time , you will never ever leave it ..... i think you got the bad picture of islam ..... you can visit this site ( beconvinced )

there are four parts inside that site ........ you will find the complete picture of islam ..... just choose and read

Sir Mist
You should move this somewhere where people are gonna care.

jala

JaehSkywalker
is that even true...?

JaehSkywalker
I mean.. they said it isn't, that it was just a rumour and they have no real proof yet..... i meant it that way...

sorry for double post.

ThePittman

Famous people too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world pitt_blank

Council#13
I daresay this needed to be bumped ermm

Mišt
Score for bumping old irrelevant threadw00t

First postmistw00t

jala
Quran
23. The Believers:

23/99. (In Falsehood will they be) Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: "O my Lord! send me back (to life),-
100. "In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected." - "By no means! It is but a word he says."- Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up.
101. Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another!
102. Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy,- they will attain salvation:
103. But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls, in Hell will they abide.
104. The Fire will burn their faces, and they will therein grin, with their lips displaced.
105. "Were not My Signs rehearsed to you, and ye did but treat them as falsehood?"
106. They will say: "our Lord! Our misfortune overwhelmed us, and we became a people astray!
107. "Our Lord! bring us out of this: if ever we return (to Evil), then shall we be wrong-doers indeed!"
108. He will say: "Be ye driven into it (with ignominy)! And speak ye not to Me!
109. "A part of My servants there was, who used to pray 'our Lord! we believe; then do Thou forgive us, and have mercy upon us: For Thou art the Best of those who show mercy!"
110. "But ye treated them with ridicule, so much so that (ridicule of) them made you forget My Message while ye were laughing at them!
111. "I have rewarded them this Day for their patience and constancy: they are indeed the ones that have achieved Bliss..."
112. He will say: "What number of years did ye stay on earth?"
113. They will say: "We stayed a day or part of a day: but ask those who keep account."
114. He will say: "Ye stayed not but a little,- if ye had only known!
115. "Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"
116. Therefore exalted be Allah, the King, the Reality: there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honour!
117. If anyone invokes, besides Allah, Any other god, he has no authority therefor; and his reckoning will be only with his Lord! and verily the Unbelievers will fail to win through!
118. So say: "O my Lord! grant Thou forgiveness and mercy for Thou art the Best of those who show mercy!"

Mišt
Yes yes, 'my religion is better than yours'...whats your point?

Dammit, everytime I kill this thread someone brings it back...disgust

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Fucck Christianity and Muslimism. I hate them both. Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
God is lame. And overrated. Fuuck them both. smile Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I love that this is in the OTF. The OTF is the most real place here. As far as Islam and Muslimism, sounds good. This Muslim thang actually makes more sense than Christianity. But, as far as I'm concerned, both religions are boring. Go feck yourself! Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I have no problem with fecking you all.tomcat

God I love posting when I'm drunk! I don't remember any of this, but it sure cracks me up. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.