State of the Comic Book VS Forumn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog
Anyone been there recently? It used to be fun and interesting..now it just plain sucks. The thread topics are dull and repetitive, and you usaually have the same users posting the same damb crappy threads. I mean..how many times can someone argue Spiderman vs Captain America, Superman vs Hulk, etc..etc?

The CBV Forumn was initially brought me to KMC, however, I definately think its going down the crapper. What do you believe the Higher up's at KMC should do to save what was once the saving grace of KMC Forumns?

Bardock42
Haha, funny thin g, I actually came to this site for it too. Now I don't nreally visit it anymore. I ca't say if it actually ceased to be interesting or if I just had enough of it. Maybe my interests changed.

Oh well....the greatest thread was the "Bar Room Brawl" anyways.

Whirlysplatt
It's still hilarious imo - oinly so many match ups and most of the "kids" down there don't know Miracleman from the Nazz laughing out loud

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

The True Fear
I remember before it was there. we just had comic book movies. it was a lot more fun.

Spelljammer
Maybe they should replace it with a banned user versus forum..

We have a list big enough.. laughing

The True Fear
good idea.spell we could have guest appearences

Alpha Centauri
It's been unquestionably shit for about a year.

It too brought me to KMC as a result of Victor Von Doom looking for a comics forum, finding it and introducing me. Although I joined under a different name in 2003 and didn't return seriously till 2004.

It got shit when everyone started being stupid for the sake of it, not knowing how to debate and creating dumb threads like Gambit Vs Dr. Doom.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Maybe they should replace it with a banned user versus forum..

We have a list big enough.. laughing

laughing out loud

Victor Von Doom
I came to KMC via that forum as well, although I think it was just Comics at first, with the VS sub-forum added later.

I don't even look at it now, it's gotten pretty tedious.

BackFire
I think there's very little that can be done to improve it's current situation. Truth be told - VS anything is bound to become redundant, seeing as there's only so many quality match ups available for a topic, gonna have to go downhill at some point.

However, if any of you have any actual ideas as to how we could improve it, list them in this thread and we'll take them into consideration.

Victor Von Doom
Probably isn't much you could actually do.

Alpha Centauri
Removing the members who post 10 threads per day of crap. One of it's biggest problems was the sheer AMOUNT of crap.

Though THE biggest problem is the members. A lot of them are just dumb beyond comparison. You get that across KMC but the Comics areas (Versus particularly) is home of the idiot I think.

-AC

Lana
I remember going in there on occasion when I first joined KMC, when it was still a subforum and pretty small. Wasn't too bad then, but it's gotten really bad....to the point where I just generally steer clear of the comic forums altogether.

Whirlysplatt
The comics forums are great smile

imo

Lana
I'll stick to the RP forums, I think....nicer people and less crap.

BackFire
A problem I see quite often is people taking the discussions WAY to seriously. Some seem to actually get upset over a discussion over some fictional character fighting eachother, and allows themselves to start putting other people down for thinking that Pheonix could beat superman or something.

The negative cliche of Comic book fans rearing it's ugly head, it seems.

Lana
The Star Wars forums are the same way, hence why I usually avoid them...fanboys just take things far too seriously.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Lana
I'll stick to the RP forums, I think....nicer people and less crap.

VS forums are better IMO

BackFire
Ohhh, new vs forum!

RP vs Comic Book VS forum!

Who you got!?

8bitChris
The comic forums are the ones I visit the most.

and personally, I think i'm great.. laughing

I am one of the last vestiges of awesome posts here at KMC. So everyone should head over to the versus forum.

No seriously, I don't post on the versus forum a lot anymore (just more there than anywhere else). The comic book forum has decent threads from time to time though.

Lana
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
VS forums are better IMO

I don't see the point in arguing which character could beat another...just seems silly to me stick out tongue

Originally posted by BackFire
Ohhh, new vs forum!

RP vs Comic Book VS forum!

Who you got!?

laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) dork....

BackFire
I don't see the point in arguing which character could beat another...just seems silly to me stick out tongue

laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) dork....

You know you loved it.

8bitChris
The X-men role playing in the Unhosted RP forum makes me sad... sad

Lana
You know you loved it.

Oh yes I did...

stick out tongue

Originally posted by 8bitChris

Unhosted is crap...I only play in the Hosted and SW RP sections.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by 8bitChris

What's the difference between hosted and unhosted?

I imagine the host would be a big part...but what is the actual difference?

I never go in these forums.

8bitChris
Not sure, today was the first time I ever checked them out and it was because of this thread.

Lana
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
What's the difference between hosted and unhosted?

I imagine the host would be a big part...but what is the actual difference?

I never go in these forums.

Hosted RPs are run by one person and generally have some sort of rules and a storyline; unhosted is basically a free-for-all.

BackFire
Unhosted = OTF of RP

Alpha Centauri
Isn't that a bit pointless?

Someone could do an action as some Lord of the Rings guy, then in comes the Hulk.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
unhosted is basically a free-for-all.

See, I haven't been there, but I can just sense the problems with that.

Lana
Unhosted = OTF of RP

laughing out loud pretty much....

I really don't get how people can like or play the unhosted games, they seem so pointless to me messed but then again, I'm used to playing ones that are more complex and have actual rules and a storyline and one person in charge and stuff.

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Isn't that a bit pointless?

Someone could do an action as some Lord of the Rings guy, then in comes the Hulk.

-AC

Stuff like that happens in hosted games, but it's usually idiots who just want to disrupt your game. Like in Matrix or Star Wars, we've had people randomly post stupid crap to try and throw everyone off.

Never worked, though...morons...

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
See, I haven't been there, but I can just sense the problems with that.

Most that I've seen die very quickly as there's no organization, or the game turns to a bunch of squabbles and there's problems with people trying to control other characters and god-moding and stuff...very annoying and downright pointless. I'll stick with the hosted RPs that can last longer than a week.

Whirlysplatt
Stuff like that happens in hosted games, but it's usually idiots who just want to disrupt your game. Like in Matrix or Star Wars, we've had people randomly post stupid crap to try and throw everyone off.

Never worked, though...morons...

eek! Wheres this smile

TwisterGameX
eek!

Draco69
The problem is two things: Trolls and underaged children who don't know the first thing about comics.

Fanboys is also a major problem.

I always said if there were more Wildstorm, Image, or DC fans the forum would be more interesting. But seriously alot of the people there seem to only think the JLA are the only superheroes in the DC Universe, Spawn is the only credible alternative-company superhero and Wolverine can own anybody with his goddamn claws.

That's why I try to create new threads with new characters people have never heard of. Like Fire. Or Tazmanian Devil. And of course nobody posted or asked who the hell they were.

Also I think they should lift the ban on anything non-comic related. This is rather detrimental to the success of the forum.

We would like to see fights between Legolas and Green Arrow. Or Stewie vs. Brain. Mix it up a little.

long pig
It was what brought me to KMC, looking for a Lobo site. It turned into an extremely addictive hobby.

Although I still post in it, it has went downhill a tad.
Draco makes a good point, most of the posters don't read D.C, or even care about anything other than their own personal favorites.

The only thing I can figure out to do is limit the amount of threads one can make in a day, lift the ban on some non-comic fights(Please god, no DBZ) and be more strict on the Trolling/Flamming.

Otherwise, it'll be overrun with bullshit. erm

xmarksthespot
Stewie would kick Brain's ass.

Alpha Centauri
Let's not forget the corker of a thread that was Peter Parker (No powers) Vs Clark Kent (No powers).

Basically if two men fought, who would win.

Why are people like that even allowed to post?

-AC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Anyone been there recently? It used to be fun and interesting..now it just plain sucks. The thread topics are dull and repetitive, and you usaually have the same users posting the same damb crappy threads. I mean..how many times can someone argue Spiderman vs Captain America, Superman vs Hulk, etc..etc?

The CBV Forumn was initially brought me to KMC, however, I definately think its going down the crapper. What do you believe the Higher up's at KMC should do to save what was once the saving grace of KMC Forumns? I think its shit, and started my own forum.

The arguments suck, the fanboys suck, and the threads suck, there are nothing but flame wars, and "spite" threads.

arrrgh!

long pig
Let's not forget the corker of a thread that was Peter Parker (No powers) Vs Clark Kent (No powers).

Basically if two men fought, who would win.

Why are people like that even allowed to post?

-AC
That made me laugh.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by long pig
That made me laugh. I missed that thread, never saw it.

There have been far worse, some that are almost that bad, would be venom vs juggernaut.

The list goes on and on.

The True Fear
the cb vs forum is the ghetto of kmc

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I missed that thread, never saw it.

There have been far worse, some that are almost that bad, would be venom vs juggernaut.

The list goes on and on.

That's not as bad as creating a thread for two normal men is it?

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Unhosted is crap...I only play in the Hosted and SW RP sections.

No reason to act like a RPG stick out tongue

The True Fear
superman vs goku no no no

Tha C-Master
That's not as bad as creating a thread for two normal men is it?

-AC Almost.
Wolverine vs Galactus, Wolverine vs Living Tribunal, iyiyi

The True Fear
wolvie pwns no expression

Alpha Centauri
Wait. Think about the specifics of what you're saying.

In a comic book forum, Wolverine Vs Galactus is more relevant than two normal men fighting. Parker Vs Kent with no powers? Might as well be Trop Vs G.W.S.

-AC

long pig
Remember this:

The Thing vs Superman w/stipulations.

Superman is tied, blind, can't speed blitz or use any other powers and Thing gets the first 4 punches.

Mother****er??!

The True Fear
or cap america with silver surfers powers against the brotherhood on a tuesday while magneto is getting a sponge bath

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by The True Fear
superman vs goku no no no

Some people on that thread are dumb

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by long pig
Remember this:

The Thing vs Superman w/stipulations.

Superman is tied, blind, can't speed blitz or use any other powers and Thing gets the first 4 punches.

Mother****er??! Armandovalles made that one right?

Tha C-Master
Wait. Think about the specifics of what you're saying.

In a comic book forum, Wolverine Vs Galactus is more relevant than two normal men fighting. Parker Vs Kent with no powers? Might as well be Trop Vs G.W.S.

-AC Honestly it would have been better if they just flat out asked who was the more proificient fighter, who would then be peter.

REmove supes bio field and bring him WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down, and he doesn't have too much.

Peter should win, barely.

I hated those 52,000 men vs wolverine.

Iceman vs wolverine.

Oh, and do you guys remember the people (k3vil and jplatinum) who said they could beat up batman, because they could lift 400 lb boulders, and get hit by a car in the head and get right back up?

xmarksthespot
Every Wolverine-based thread is usually crap. Also Batman with time to prepare is a god.

Thing vs Superman w/stipulations. laughing out loud That one cracked me up.

Alpha Centauri
To be honest, it all got out of hand when there was a thread about Rogue Vs Hulk in which people were coming out with ultra stupid theories as to how she'd win.

This carried over to other threads and it became commonplace for idiots to use every single detail to get many pages out of a thread.

Instead of going: "Hmm Rogue Vs Hulk? Hulk. Just Hulk. Drop it."

It became: "Well if she flied and he tried to hit her...and missed, she'd grab" "No, no she wouldn't. Stop." "No but if he..." "No, shut up."

If a human fought a bear, you could sit here being theoretical all night long about how a man could pull off a win. Realistically he wouldn't. That's the problem with the comics forum, it's become about making threads out of the stupidest details even if we all know it's not likely.

-AC

The True Fear
Honestly it would have been better if they just flat out asked who was the more proificient fighter, who would then be peter.

REmove supes bio field and bring him WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down, and he doesn't have too much.

Peter should win, barely.

I hated those 52,000 men vs wolverine.

Iceman vs wolverine.

Oh, and do you guys remember the people (k3vil and jplatinum) who said they could beat up batman, because they could lift 400 lb boulders, and get hit by a car in the head and get right back up?

those guys are badass.

Tha C-Master
To be honest, it all got out of hand when there was a thread about Rogue Vs Hulk in which people were coming out with ultra stupid theories as to how she'd win.

This carried over to other threads and it became commonplace for idiots to use every single detail to get many pages out of a thread.

It became: "Well if she flied and he tried to hit her...and missed, she'd grab" "No, no she wouldn't. Stop." "No but if he..." "No, shut up."

If a human fought a bear, you could sit here being theoretical all night long about how a man could pull off a win. Realistically he wouldn't. That's the problem with the comics forum, it's become about making threads out of the stupidest details even if we all know it's not likely.

-AC Thank you for realizing this, with the human vs bear analogy. People still swear they can beat a bear up, or that "batman can".

Destroys the purpose of an analogy in that case.

xmarksthespot, remember wolverine vs iron man?

Jinzin's the worst, he knows better and keeps using pis/cis.

whobdamandog
I think I came to the realization of the forumns decline when I argued for about 5 pages why a trained martial artist would loose against a Silverback Gorilla(Batman vs SM thread) How the hell that argument lasted more than a post is beyond me, but at that point I kind of felt it was time to take a break from the forumn for a while.

The True Fear
i love this thread

Inspectah Deck

-AC

Same with the Game Vs Forum

The True Fear
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Same with the Game Vs Forum
goku vs superman at 125 pages no expression

Inspectah Deck
goku vs superman at 125 pages no expression

Exactly

xmarksthespot
xmarksthespot, remember wolverine vs iron man?Yep. But what if Wolverine sneaks up on him. But what if he stays on the ground. But what if Wolverine stabs him when he's not in his armour. Wolverine could sneak into his apartment while Stark was sleeping and stab him. All he needs is one stab.

Yes. I remember Wolverine vs Iron Man...Originally posted by whobdamandog
I think I came to the realization of the forumns decline when I argued for about 5 pages why a trained martial artist would loose against a Silverback Gorilla(Batman vs SM thread) How the hell that argument lasted more than a post is beyond me, but at that point I kind of felt it was time to take a break from the forumn for a while. That was so ridiculous.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Yep. But what if Wolverine sneaks up on him. But what if he stays on the ground. But what if Wolverine stabs him when he's not in his armour. Wolverine could sneak into his apartment while Stark was sleeping and stab him. All he needs is one stab.

Yes. I remember Wolverine vs Iron Man...That was so ridiculous.

My sentiments exactly, the batfanboys just went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Bardock42
goku vs superman at 125 pages no expression Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Exactly

Ah yes...what'S your guys opinion?

Ushgarak
For those who were wondering what the 'point' of Unhisted is...

It;s how RPing gneeally works on-line- go to most RP areas in forums and they work like that.

I, in my naive ignorance, had set up an entirely different type of RP area at this site. But when KMC became big and popular it became clear there were a hell of a lot of people that wanted to RP the Unhosted way.

So they got their own area, and you can make of that what you will; Backfire's description of it is about right. And yes, technically anyone could come and post madly and mess it up, but in the successful games there is normally a form of group consensus that wins out.

My whole schtick is with Hosted games. Trouble is, they are very hard to get right, which is why sometimes 'Hosted' has been mistaken for 'Ushs own games'.

And in reference to the thread... oh ugh... vs. forums do ecnourage the worst kind of stuff. Even the heroci efforts made by some to regulate them are doomed to fail, just by the vary nature of the kind of debate they attract.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Ushgarak
For those who were wondering what the 'point' of Unhisted is...

It;s how RPing gneeally works on-line- go to most RP areas in forums and they work like that.

I, in my naive ignorance, had set up an entirely different type of RP area at this site. But when KMC became big and popular it became clear there were a hell of a lot of people that wanted to RP the Unhosted way.

So they got their own area, and you can make of that what you will; Backfire's description of it is about right. And yes, technically anyone could come and post madly and mess it up, but in the successful games there is normally a form of group consensus that wins out.

My whole schtick is with Hosted games. Trouble is, they are very hard to get right, which is why sometimes 'Hosted' has been mistaken for 'Ushs own games'.

And in reference to the thread... oh ugh... vs. forums do ecnourage the worst kind of stuff. Even the heroci efforts made by some to regulate them are doomed to fail, just by the vary nature of the kind of debate they attract.

Absolutely true the debates are all based on conflict. This encourages the worst kind of behaviour and the worst kind of trolling and flaming when people work out some people really are mad about a character.

- I love the comic book forum Happy Dance

The True Fear
Originally posted by Bardock42
they both die. the killl each other in a fiery blaze of energy and eye lasers.

end of battle
Happy Dance

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Bardock42

I win cause I'm da Inspectah

The True Fear
agreed

Tha C-Master
This is starting to be like the comic versus forum...

The True Fear
it is. well its not my fault goku could take all of marvel and dc

lil bitchiness
Superman vs Hulk.

I find it so bizarre that such idea can be a topic of diccussion.

Jedi Priestess
A problem I see quite often is people taking the discussions WAY to seriously. Some seem to actually get upset over a discussion over some fictional character fighting eachother, and allows themselves to start putting other people down for thinking that Pheonix could beat superman or something.

Its the same way in the SW VS section. Altho I myself dont get the mentality behind this whole VS stuff. Pretty much reminds me of a playground argument along the lines of my dad could beat up your dad kind of thing. messed

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Superman vs Hulk.

I find it so bizarre that such idea can be a topic of diccussion. Just to make sure...

Who do you think wins?

shaber
Superman, he can give the hulk a lobotomy.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Superman vs Hulk.

I find it so bizarre that such idea can be a topic of diccussion.

Someone who isn't into comics would think that, to be fair.

It's not half as bad as there being magazines in this nation that are actually treating soap opera storylines as if they're real news.

-AC

DarkCrawler
Ah, I remember the golden days when a topic lasted maybe 2 or 4 pages tops and all the things were said in first page.

Nowadays there are these guys name "IPwolvrine928rules111!!" (I don't know how they type that all in when they log on" who have been here two years less then I have...but still have about thousand more posts...and same amount of threads that they have posts... no expression

There should be exclusive elite Versus Forum for guys that TYPE MORE THEN: "*insert name* wins" in every topic. Password would only be given to guys who moderators know that they can debate well! First you would need to be few weeks or a month in normal forum, and then you could ask the password from a mod (Who would then check few of your posts to see if you are eligible to get the password) and if you would be eligible, you could go debate in intelligent discussions!

Think about it! No more fanboys, trolls and overall annoying guys! Start disbehaving and you are kicked out!

Am I making any sense?

Tha C-Master
lol, then you'll have people complain about elitism, but I see what you are saying.

But then there will also be a spammer section that is worse off then the current comic forum.

Unless you make this "elite" thread hidden, so the "spammers" won't see it.

Draco69
Another pet peeve.

For god's sake. WAYYY to many threads about cosmics. Phoenix this. Beyonder that. TOAA this. Doctor Strange that.

It's just so boring and trite.

The True Fear
you should have seen a year ago when every thread had juggernaut in it. now cyclops is the new man it seems

Draco69
Nuh uh. Rune King Thor. EVERY goddamn thread has Rune King Thor. Him or Genis.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Draco69
Another pet peeve.

For god's sake. WAYYY to many threads about cosmics. Phoenix this. Beyonder that. TOAA this. Doctor Strange that.

It's just so boring and trite. Yea, but I miss those gaunltet threads... sad

The True Fear
Yeah the rune king has made several appearences lately

Inspectah Deck
agreed

yes

Princess Diana
The comic book forum still has the best characters imo

Tha C-Master
And a bunch of Ihatecmaster threads, too!

The True Fear
yeah i say he was back. but he got banned like a punk *****

*Natalie~Luver*
It's laughable to say Robin the goy wonder is actually a good comic book character. If you've seen the Teen Titans and the original Batman series he stinks.

long pig
But I like Dr.Strange. sad

.....evil face

Princess Diana
The best characters are there in the comics forum - you are one LP, I enjoy your posts and most of the others who have posted on this thread. smile

EsteemedLeader
Too many threads with eternals and such is right.

If I hear one more thing about Living Tribunal, I swear I'm gonnablowup

Princess Diana
yeah i say he was back. but he got banned like a punk *****

that won't stop him he uses the dynamic ip brilliantly imo

Spelljammer
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
If I hear one more thing about Living Tribunal, I swear I'm gonnablowup
The Living Tribunal versus The Spectre. Who wins? laughing

long pig
Originally posted by Princess Diana
The best characters are there in the comics forum - you are one LP, I enjoy your posts and most of the others who have posted on this thread. smile

Oh, go on...eek!

EsteemedLeader
The Living Tribunal versus The Spectre. Who wins? laughing

Spectre, but that's not the point...

Tha C-Master
yeah i say he was back. but he got banned like a punk ***** 30 threads so far, I caught him today, how fun...

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

Tha C-Master
I save all of the, I need to pm them to you sometime.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by *Natalie~Luver*
It's laughable to say Robin the goy wonder is actually a good comic book character. If you've seen the Teen Titans and the original Batman series he stinks.

So...you haven't read a comic book at all?

The True Fear
well there are many n00bs bashing me rage and yahman now

Spelljammer
well there are many n00bs bashing me rage and yahman now
Use your bi powers and sex them up to make them love-slaves.. XP

The True Fear
great idea pirate

Inspectah Deck
Use your bi powers and sex them up to make them love-slaves.. XP

Or use my Mystery-solving techniqus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.