Professor Xavier vs. Doctor Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wannabe
THE FIGHT TAKES PLACE ON THE ASTRAL PLANE.

PX: awful mighty telepath
supreme guardian of the astral plane
able to use the astral energies to cause almost any effect imaginable

DS: awful mighty magician
almost at home on the astral plane and other dimensions
able to use mystic energies to cause almost any effect imaginable

WHO WILL PREVAIL?

leonheartmm
strange

DrDoom101
lol, strange.

GODSCRIBE
ha

Dr. Strange

roughrider
Dr. Strange. Step out of a side dimension and blindside Charlie.

Smaxxer
Strange is also a telepath, but so is of course Prof X. This will be a battle of the minds, and nothing is faster than the speed of thought, and since Xavier has LOTS or raw telepatic power and is used using them instantly, the edge goes to Xavier.

Prof. X should win. The longer the fight takes, the more probably Strange will win.

long pig
Originally posted by Smaxxer
Strange is also a telepath, but so is of course Prof X. This will be a battle of the minds, and nothing is faster than the speed of thought, and since Xavier has LOTS or raw telepatic power and is used using them instantly, the edge goes to Xavier.

Prof. X should win. The longer the fight takes, the more probably Strange will win.

Actually, Strange is one of the only people who can take his physical weapons into the Astral plane. So, it's not just a battle of the mind.

Also, Strange's eye of agamotto basically makes him immune to mental assault.
Even if he doesn't use it, he's still an equal to Prof.X Ask Moondragon.

Wynndar
strange outclasses Xavier. Strange is so ridiculous...based on his previous experiences, he should have beaten Onslaught by himself.

long pig
**** it, I'm going against the Marvel grain and say Strange>Prof X in telepathy.

Strange, with his eye, is as powerful a telepath as Agamotto himself. Charles just can't hang with that. No sir.

Pointinel
prof x = earth's most powerful telepath/mind

WAKE UP PIGGLE!

but strange wins this, it dont matta if they on the astral plane or not

strange > prof x by lightyears

*CLOSES THREAD*

Pointinel
*re-opens thread*

strange > prof. x by miles

*closes thread again*

wannabe
Originally posted by long pig
Actually, Strange is one of the only people who can take his physical weapons into the Astral plane. So, it's not just a battle of the mind.

Also, Strange's eye of agamotto basically makes him immune to mental assault.
Even if he doesn't use it, he's still an equal to Prof.X Ask Moondragon. That fight with Moondragon was pretty cool, yes!

Perhaps i should have made it more clear that i meant it to be a fight of pure personal power...so no Cerebra, Eye of Agamotto etc., just an astral battle of magic and mental discipline against telepathy.
Originally posted by Pointinel
*re-opens thread*

strange > prof. x by miles

*closes thread again* Look at my sig...a man who is able to connect himself to the minds of the whole Skrull people and bypass the mental defenses of Galactus to preject their pain can't be THAT far behind the Doctor. Did i mention that Charles has beaten Dark Phoenix in a mental battle and that a telepath can do almost everything on the astral plane?!

I think a fight with the given parameters would be pretty even and a wonderful scene to watch in comic! happy

long pig
Earth's, yes. Universe? No.

Strange is Sorcerer Supreme over the universe, his mind powers are amped enough so that he can be effective in the universe.

Originally posted by wannabe
That fight with Moondragon was pretty cool, yes!

Perhaps i should have made it more clear that i meant it to be a fight of pure personal power...so no Cerebra, Eye of Agamotto etc., just an astral battle of magic and mental discipline against telepathy.
Look at my sig...a man who is able to connect himself to the minds of the whole Skrull people and bypass the mental defenses of Galactus to preject their pain can't be THAT far behind the Doctor. Did i mentioned that Charles has beaten Dark Phoenix in a mental battle?!

I think a fight with the given parameters would be pretty even and a wonderful scene to watch in comic! happy

I still give it to Strange. He's much more experienced in Astral plane.
Also, he's STILL Prof X's equal in telepathy without the Eye, so allowing him to use magic, he curbstomps ol' charlie.

wannabe
Earth's, yes. Universe? No.

Strange is Sorcerer Supreme over the universe, his mind powers are amped enough so that he can be effective in the universe. So can Charles in astral form (at least telepathically).
I still give it to Strange. He's much more experienced in Astral plane.
Also, he's STILL Prof X's equal in telepathy without the Eye, so allowing him to use magic, he curbstomps ol' charlie. If you think that Strange will win...ok, possible! In a fight between man like them it can go either way imo. But to say that Strange is much more experienced on the astral plane is nonsense.
Xavier is almost exclusively working astrally, is AT LEAST as old as Strange, practiced telepathy earlier in his lifetime than Strange learned to use magic in his, and he was stated by Shadowking, a being who LIVES on the astral plane, to be the planes most powerful guardian.

Strange may use magic to simulate telepathic effects, but he is no telepath by himself and certainly not Xavier's equal in this particular area without the Eye of Agamotto, which does not mean that he is not at all able to beat Charles without it.

Wickerman
Actually i think long pig mentioned Dr. Strange is like.....what........5000 years old or something...... erm so he certainly has the experience wink

~wickerman~

wannabe
Originally posted by Wickerman
Actually i think long pig mentioned Dr. Strange is like.....what........5000 years old or something...... erm so he certainly has the experience wink

~wickerman~ blink huh no expression smile big grin laughing

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wannabe
blink huh no expression smile big grin laughing

Yep, I think he spend that time in alternate dimension.

willRules
Xavier is better at telepathic abilities IMo but strange will win this cos he has some telepathic abilites and other powers........

wannabe
Originally posted by willRules
Xavier is better at telepathic abilities IMo but strange will win this cos he has some telepathic abilites and other powers........ Please keep in mind that this fight takes place on the astral plane, where Xavier can do almost everything he can imagine, and that there are no helping tools allowed.

long pig
Strange is thousands of years old. He spent near 5000 years fighting gods. Check out his respect thread.

.......You don't know what the hell you're talking about, do you?

Strange has shown telepathic abilities in almost every single issue he's ever been in. He is the Sorcerer Supreme of this universe, why wouldn't a gaurdian of a whole universe be the best telepath?

Strange is, at LEAST Charles' equal if not total superior in telepathy.

You're taking the slogan "Worlds greatest telepath" too serious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.