Longpig vs. Dr. Spiderhulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Battle Location: Combatants are placed at opposite ends of a giant trampoline the size of roughly two city blocks. They can see each other, but at a good distance, as there is nothing on the battlefield except the trampoline. Lining the edges of the trampoline is a 1000 meter high wall that is indestructible. It is daytime.

Prep as usual.

Longpig -
Name: Dr. Shocktopus
Doc Ock II - http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/doctor_octopus2.html
Speedfreek (body) - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm
Electro - http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/enemies/electro.html
Equipment: Tentacles, laser gun and force field generator, Speedfreek's armor and blades, barbed coils, bag of "snap",
Character Notes: Speedfreek cannot use his powers to fly nor can he augment his speed with flight. Small boosters in his feet can give him a brief forward burst, but nothing else. Cannot use Electro's power to fly.

Dr. SpiderHulk -
Name: Agent of Death
Agent Zero - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/agentzero.htm
Deathlok - http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1266
U.S. Agent (body) - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/u/usagent.htm
Equipment: Vibranium shield (U.S. Agent), Vibranium suit, oxygen tank, adamantium knives, wrist-mounted plasma blasters, machine gun (with armor piercing and anti-metal bullet clips), Lots of stuff from Deathlok...see link for further details.
Character Notes: N/A

...have fun

DrDoom101
i dont mean to be a pest, but can i vote now? no rush or anything

Scoobless
good match up.... Question: can the trampoline be cut/destroyed?... if so, what's underneath it?

DarkCrawler
(Damn, most of the equipment of Agent of Death is metal...)

I think that Dr. Shocktopus will win this, but I will wait to see what Agent of Death will do...smile

Scoobless
dunno.... i think the anti-metal weaponry will be a huge advantage for the Agent

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
good match up.... Question: can the trampoline be cut/destroyed?... if so, what's underneath it?

Good question. For the purposes of the match, we'll have to make it invulnerable. So it's some unidentified elastic/stretchy substance that can't be broken.

And yeah, LP's probably the favorite, but I see plenty of ways I could argue Dr. SH's guy to a win. After all, we were all saying the same thing about Jinzin when he was facing Siryn, and Deathlok's a one-man armory. But hopefully this will be an interesting match.

long pig

long pig
During prep, I supercharge my body and then slap up my shields.

My tactic= Basically using my superior speed/reaction time( Electro=Spiderman Freek used a drug to make his reactions/speed faster Boosters Tenticals.) I can use the tenticals to
give myself better balance while brigding the gap on the trampoline. With the tenticals doing some of the walking, it'll make me as nimble as usual. The tramp won't effect my locamotion.

On my way to him, I'll be throwing back all his toys he's sending my way as well as shooting the odd electric bolt and blasting with any free laser that's not being
used for running.

As soon as I get within 30feet from him, the rocket propelled coils will rocket out and put a hole in his shield and a hole into his body, electrocuting and instantly killing him.

If it doesn't kill him, I'll use the coils to throw him around into the unbreakable walls. Or reel him in and get to jabbing and stabbing his unconcious body.

If he wants to go h2h, no problem. I'm faster/stronger and can cut him in half and/or beat him senseless with tenticals and/or blast him with all four lasers while stabbing him and electrocuting him.

His only hope is the anti metal bullets, and it's a sniper rifle. Useless on a friggin trampoline. I can also just steal it.

Also, something new I found.

If he tries using any gas/smoke/flame thrower, I can make winds up to 50mph with Ock's tenticals. Basically blowing it all back to him.

long pig
hmm...this didn't come out right.

My tactic= Basically using my superior speed/reaction time:
Super charged Electro is=Spiderman + Freek used a drug to make his reactions faster + Suit w/ Boosters + Tenticals.

I can use the tenticals to give myself better balance while brigding the gap on the trampoline.
With the tenticals doing some of the walking, it'll make me as nimble as usual. The tramp won't effect my locamotion.

long pig
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8752/electro239qp.jpg

Pretend those are bullets and rockets.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/578/electro222dz.jpg
Pretend this is Death Agent getting his shit pushed in. evil face

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8752/electro239qp.jpg

Pretend those are bullets and rockets.

that'd be easier to do if Electro had ever actually stopped/reversed the course of a bullet or rocket

roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Why wouldn't he be able to? He's used magnetism to lift 4 or 5 10 ton trucks at the same time, a bullet is nothing in comparison.

With ock's scientific mind and degrees in applied science and electrical engineering, Shocktopus can push his magnetic powers far beyond that of Electro.

long pig
Ah, Scoob. Feeling the fear, are we?

We got a few weeks until I trash you. No rush.
roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face

Let's not forget that the guy I'm facing is a friggin Cyborg powered by electricity. Shocktopus' keen mental-electrical awareness will sense it at the very start. Basically shutting the bastard off.

Scoobless
Let's not forget that the guy I'm facing is a friggin Cyborg powered by electricity. Shocktopus' keen mental-electrical awareness will sense it at the very start. Basically shutting the bastard off.

actually he's not.... he's got USAgent's body

long pig
If he's using Agent's body, he'd still need Deathlok's cybernetic mind to have the 100,000 yadayada reaction time.

Without it, it'd be like someone having adamantium claws, but not adamantium bones.

Pros come with the cons sometimes.

Dizzle
This battlefield would be WAY better in the bonus round... Sorry, had to get that in. I love it.

long pig
Originally posted by Dizzle
This battlefield would be WAY better in the bonus round... Sorry, had to get that in. I love it.
Be it Zero G or Trampoline .....Shocktopus shall prevail! For the people!

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4589/shocktopus1ft.png

Dizzle
Be it Zero G or Trampoline .....Shocktopus shall prevail! For the people!

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4589/shocktopus1ft.png

Fanboy! Oh, and why for the people? You've got like (counts on fingers) 3 villains!

Zero G would also be pretty awesome for the 7 man brawl... Seriously, LP's hogging the cool battlefields.

long pig
Do not try to impress Shocktopus with your mastery over Mathmatics!

Seriously, though, Zero G sucked. Ask KVD.

long pig
I still haven't seen or ever actually heard a reason why Vibranium can't be magnetized.

We've seen Cap's shield taken control of by Magneto, so why not USAgent's shield?

K Von Doom
Seriously, though, Zero G sucked. Ask KVD.

Being in zero gravity metal room against an electrically powered foe who can fly sucked. mad

DigiMark007
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Being in zero gravity metal room against an electrically powered foe who can fly sucked. mad

Once again, my apologies to KVD...though everything was randomly selected, so my hands are washed of tampering with the outcomes.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But don't worry, I have a fun little surprise planned for the bonus round too. A staple of the vs. forum is going to be making a guest appearence....hehe.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to PM Dr. SH sometime soon. He doesn't seem to be on much, and he probably doesn't even know he's up right now. I don't want LP to waltz to the semis. If he wins, cool, but I just want to see good fights.

long pig
laughing

I must say, you did damn well considering.

long pig
Shocktopus....is...turning into his full demon form...
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/750/shockti6hx.jpg
God help us all.....

long pig
But, seriously. Where's the Spiderhulker?

DigiMark007
I PM'd him...no reply yet. He still only has 68 posts to his name. I doubt he realizes what's going on here in the tourney.

stormfront13
i vote for long pig

Dizzle
Originally posted by stormfront13
i vote for long pig

What? Before the action even starts? Shocktopus has a second fanboy.

stormfront13
i alwyas like getting my votes in quick. and the fact that electro is facing a robot/cyborg

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
i alwyas like getting my votes in quick. and the fact that electro is facing a robot/cyborg

he's not though... it's USAgents body

SF, you're making a mockery of the whole debate process.... you're supposed to vote based on strategy rather than just which guy you like most at the start

stormfront13
you have your ways, i have mine. long pigs character is too powerful for spiderhulks, and that's why i voted for him

Scoobless
so you're basically completely ignoring any debate that goes on in these things?

stormfront13
no, I'm allowed to change my vote, but i believe long pigs character can deal with anything spiderhulk dishes out. unless spiderhulk can do something to change my mind, my vote stands

long pig
he's not though... it's USAgents body

SF, you're making a mockery of the whole debate process.... you're supposed to vote based on strategy rather than just which guy you like most at the start
He's using a cyborg's electronic mind.

Scoobless

isn't one of the rules "no mind control"?

long pig
Not that I know of, no.

Anyways, I'm not controlling a mind, I'm short circuiting the processing unit inside of a computer.

grey fox
Dam these things are cool . Nothing more original then combining three guy's and setting them on each other in a fight to the death. I vote Long pig though as

A: he's a friend

B: his theory actually made sense

and C : Where the hell do i sign up cause i want a peice of the action!

long pig
Well, thanks buddddddddddy.

Have an autograph.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6941/autograph8nl.jpg

DigiMark007
Hmm, well SH could start by saying that while the "minds" of all three picks are working inside his amalgam, he has USAgent's (very human) body. He could continue by saying that, with USA's vibranium shield, it would be difficult to hit him with a concentrated burst of energy without having it absorbed.

At this point I would start removing these neutralized elements from my argument, and simply make it a case of Ock's arms and random weaponry vs. Deathlok's arsenal and try to get a win from that.

But that's me, and I'm not SH. I'd also point out how sweet Megaballz is, but that's beside the point stick out tongue

-DM cool

P.S. Not trying to pick a fight with LP here...just playing devil's advocate and trying to annoy him. smile

P.P.S. Other than the PM which I already sent, I'm kinda at a loss of what to do (the proposed match with Megaballz would be fun but hardly rule-abiding and fair). So, um...not sure what to do or say.

long pig
He COULD say that, but then I'd say he was wrong. If Deathlok is in there, it's via cybernetics.

If he countered by saying "Well, then I'm not using Deathlok's mind at all, just his weapons!" I'd say: Using weapons that, since you now don't have DL's mind, you don't know how to use?

If he were to say: "Well, my shield yada yada" I'd say "Well, magneto was able to magnetize said shield....Why can't I?."

Then someone would come in and say "But, I thought Vibranium can't be magnetized." And then I'd say "Prove it" then no one would.

Then, I'd harp on my speed/strength/durability advantage and the fact all his weapons are useless and then I'd talk about his gutting him. He would then cry and I'd feel bad and give him an autograph.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6941/autograph8nl.jpg

DigiMark007
Alright then...good to know you have counters to SH's possible thrusts. I'll stop, because I'd overstep my boundaries if I said more.

... smile

long pig
Yeah yeah yeah.....Oh well..... -sigh-

Khell and Nataku need to start arguing...or Shocktopus will find his way into their battle and lay waste to them both!

DigiMark007
..want...to...fight...with...Megaballz...so..bad...

gggaaaaah!

I'll just create a few vs. threads after the tourney with him in it. For now, though, my better judgement is overriding my urge to enter into combat.

Scoobless
ok... it's freakin' halfway through this match and Dr.SH hasn't shown up.... i'm tempted to do some arguing for him just because i don't like walkovers...... if i was i might say something like.......

He COULD say that, but then I'd say he was wrong. If Deathlok is in there, it's via cybernetics.

nope, all attributes of characters are switched to the prime body excluding strength.... so his computer enhanced mind is perfectly legal without breaking any rules OR leaving himself susceptible to electrical interference

If he countered by saying "Well, then I'm not using Deathlok's mind at all, just his weapons!" I'd say: Using weapons that, since you now don't have DL's mind, you don't know how to use?

all minds are incorporated into the amalgam... that argument is a non-factor

If he were to say: "Well, my shield yada yada" I'd say "Well, magneto was able to magnetize said shield....Why can't I?."

because Electro has never shown abilities rivaling Magneto's... in fact he's never repelled a bullet... actually, where does he ever use a shield?

Also, Electro needed a moment to concentrate to use electrostatic powers... he never once got time to use them when Spider-Man was on top of him... when he's under attack by Vibranium bullets that absorb energy efficiently enough to pass through an energy shield, he'll only be concentrating on not getting himself shot... no time for complex thought

Then someone would come in and say "But, I thought Vibranium can't be magnetized." And then I'd say "Prove it" then no one would.

maybe it can... but Electro isn't a big magnet... he uses electrostatic energy to propel metals (not electromagnetic) ... that energy will be absorbed by vibranium

Then, I'd harp on my speed/strength/durability advantage and the fact all his weapons are useless

Speed advantage? in movement yes... some... but in thought and reaction time no DL's enhancements make his mind faster and able to react better

Strength advantage?... no... Agent Zero's ability to channel any stored kinetic energy to boost his strength ten times added to USAgent's ten ton strength mean that he's well above you here

Durability?..... nah.... USAgent's body is very durable already... when inside a vibranium suit he's much more durable than Shocktopus... THEN when you add Agent Zero's kinetic absorption powers he totally outclasses you in this department

............then i'd counter-attack with something along the lines of.................

Vibranium anti-metal bullets can penetrate both your energy shield AND your armour

Deathlok's enhancements can keep track of your movements making you easier to hit... Agent is already a "precision marksman"... you're gonna get hit

either that or continual plasma assaults weaken your shields to the point where they drop leaving you open to regular ammunition

..........anyway, that's what i might say......... if i was inclined to argue this match.........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Wrong. IF he wants the reaction speed of Deathlok, he will have to take the cybernetics along with it. It's like me saying I want wolverine's adamantium claws, but not his bones because it'll slow me down. Doesn't work.

Except for the fact that it is a factor and that his cybernetic mind is part of his body which heightens his reaction. You're right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Except for the fact that he has shown abilities rivaling Magneto's. Electro+ Ock's intelligence in electronics, robotics and applied physics push his abilities even further.

If he can lift trucks, he can repel a bullet. Don't be stupid.
http://spider-bob.com/villains/marvel/images/Electro_II_02.jpg

He did have, at one point in time, a sniper rifle with anti-metal bullets.
Ever try shooting a sniper gun at a 150mph(Or whatever the limit is.) target on a trampoline while being hit with coils and lasers? Neither has he.

Actually, both can be used to Ionize metal.

Read the part where he says "I now have control over ALL electricity" Then read the part where Lady Ock is a genius in the field of electronics and robotics and physics.

In movement and reaction I am superior. Since his mind is cybernetic, I'll cut it off, if it isn't, he's slower. I'm in a win win situation.

Also, try to comprehend that Speedfreek can move faster than you can see, then add Electro amping those stats even further, then add Snap amping it all even further.

Not quite.

Lady Ock's tentacles are stronger than USAgent by themselves, you know this. Then add a suit of armor than gives the wearer more strength and Electro inside it amping himself to 10+ tons.

I'm double his strength anyway you cut it.

USAgent's body is slightly above normal, Wolverine cut him up on accident.

The vibranium can be cut through. Kinetic absorbers can't take pointed attacks. Ala bishop can be stabbed by a normal human.

Except for the fact he can't aim a sniper rifle on a trampoline and he can't hit someone as fast as Shocktopus. That's what boosters are for, silly boy. 150mph in a halfsecond.

Anyone else? Scoob failed horribly.

Scoobless
Wrong. IF he wants the reaction speed of Deathlok, he will have to take the cybernetics along with it. It's like me saying I want wolverine's adamantium claws, but not his bones because it'll slow me down. Doesn't work.

rules clearly stated that ANYTHING was switchable except for strength... DL's mind was amped so ... wtf is this amalgam called?... either way, his mind is amped

You're right.

i know

Except for the fact that he has shown abilities rivaling Magneto's.

when? i've read quite a few of his appearances and i've never seen that.... wishful thinking on your part maybe?

stick out tongue

If he can lift trucks, he can repel a bullet.

don't avoid the point, i clearly said he never did anything like that when he didn't have time and space to use his powers... whenever he's been under direct attack he never does stuff like that

plus (and you may not have noticed) but bullets move a hell of a lot faster than trucks... and are much harder to see....by the time he realises a bullet has been fired it'll be too late for him to attempt to control it...... so your comparison is extremely weak and extremely flawed

He did have, at one point in time, a sniper rifle with anti-metal bullets.
Ever try shooting a sniper gun at a 150mph(Or whatever the limit is.) target on a trampoline while being hit with coils and lasers? Neither has he.

and he has those bullets here.... i doubt he has ever tried that on a tramp... just like you've never tried to avoid being shot while on a tramp.... but it's not exactly hard to stop yourself from bouncing on a trampoline if you want to

Actually, both can be used to Ionize metal.

and the type you use will be absorbed by the suit.... therefor even if he does have an electronic component in his head...you can't get to it

big grin

Read the part where he says "I now have control over ALL electricity" Then read the part where Lady Ock is a genius in the field of electronics and robotics and physics.

whatever... vibranium still absorbs energy

In movement and reaction I am superior. Since his mind is cybernetic, I'll cut it off, if it isn't, he's slower. I'm in a win win situation.

you can't... the vibranium would absorb any electrical fields you attempt to insert into his head (but i'd also still argue the non-cybernetic thing.... either way works)

Also, try to comprehend that Speedfreek can move faster than you can see, then add Electro amping those stats even further, then add Snap amping it all even further.

that's still below Deathlok's reaction time... so seeing you and aiming at you wont be a problem

Lady Ock's tentacles are stronger than USAgent by themselves, you know this. Then add a suit of armor than gives the wearer more strength and Electro inside it amping himself to 10+ tons.

if Electro powers himself too much he could short out the circuitry in the arms... and Ock's force field

but the arms aren't too much of a threat...Plasma, laser beams, missiles, anti-metal bullets and an adamantium knife backed by superhuman strength that can cut through them... lotsa options to take out the tentacles

I'm double his strength anyway you cut it.

i cut it with an adamantium knife.... and Agent's strength can be multiplied tenfold.... so that brings him up to around 100 tons

USAgent's body is slightly above normal, Wolverine cut him up on accident.

maybe it was when he first appeared... but in recent years he's been upgraded to class 10 level strength

"Strength Level: Due to treatment by the Power Broker, the U.S. Agent possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) roughly ten tons."
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/u/usagent.htm

The vibranium can be cut through. Kinetic absorbers can't take pointed attacks. Ala bishop can be stabbed by a normal human.

yeah the suit can be cut... not easily though... you still have to get past his shields (both energy and vibranium), kinetic absorbers still absorb some energy from pointed attacks... that plus his kevlar means he'll be hard to hurt

of course you'd still have to get past the shield and weaponry before this even became an issue

Except for the fact he can't aim a sniper rifle on a trampoline and he can't hit someone as fast as Shocktopus. That's what boosters are for, silly boy. 150mph in a halfsecond.

the anti-metal bullets are in a machine gun, he can stop bouncing easily and with Deathlok's mind he can quite easily keep up with, and hit, anyone of your speed... boosters only give you a temporary escape.... and it only takes one bullet to get through to finish this

Anyone else? Scoob failed horribly.

check again... your "cyborg mind = shocky winning" argument has been squished... to reiterate... either:

ability swap (as per the whole point of the tourney)

or

Vibranium suit absorbing the electrical fields you hoped could penetrate any electronic components

your trucks = bullets argument is laughable

falling back on your strength puts you at a disadvantage

and your movement speed is still within Deathlok's ability to follow and target

in fact, if you over-use Electro's powers you could very well incapacitate yourself by shorting out your arms and then trapping yourself in them by electrostaticly sticking them to your own body

Scoobless
Since his mind is cybernetic, I'll cut it off

maybe mind control wasn't banned (i'm not really sure) ... but single hit kills were

shutting off a mind would fall under that catagory (even though you can't do it)

big grin

Scoobless
ok.... i had to get that out of my system.... i doubt i'll argue anymore (unless Long Pig says anything directed at me rather than the amalgam)

Digi.... sorry.... but you knew that someone was bound to do it at some point.... and with people voting already without hearing ANY points made (you know who you are) i felt Dr.SH's guy should at least get a defence

embarrasment

EsteemedLeader
How come the weirdest, most one-sided matches get the most attention?

In the last match, jinzin seemed to be roadkill, what with Siryn on the other side. And yet, despite this, the thread reached at least twice as many pages as the other fight.

And here, one of the contestants hasn't even showed up yet, and this thread is also smoking the other match.

long pig
rules clearly stated that ANYTHING was switchable except for strength... DL's mind was amped so ... wtf is this amalgam called?... either way, his mind is amped
The rules also clearly state that if a power is transferred, it's properties are as well. i.e cybernetic implants.

Read his MK appearances. He's the man.

stick out tongue

CIS. PIS

Electro is Spiderman's most powerful enemy, but what's the point of being Spiderman if you die as soon as Electro pops in?

Four or five 10 ton trucks>>>>>>>>>Bullets.

If he can ionize shrapnel and trucks, bullets aren't a problem. Speed doesn't mean shit when it hits a wall of electrically charged air ionizing it on the spot.

Only vibrations, never anything else. Hence the name VIBRAnium.

Show one single instance where vibranium absorbed energy other than kenetic....

-sigh- no, it doesn't.

Or, you're a bit....slow.....

Which is also funny.

Good thing they are immune to magnetism.

Scoob loses. laughing

K Von Doom

I think the mind and the brain are different. The brain is the physical. The mind is the consciousness, experience, memory, thought, intelligence, knowledge... etc. So I think the cybernetic enhancements on the amalgam should work whether or not the cybernetic implants are there.

It's like saying Shocktopus using Electro's physical brain along with his body. One could argue that the tentacles shouldn't work because it's Electro's brain and not Doc Ock's.

grey fox
Very true , although i like the idea of shocktopus pressing agent of deaths off button.

Scoobless
Four or five 10 ton trucks>>>>>>>>>Bullets.

in weight, obviously.... and if you can show even one single instance of Electro ever repelling shrapnel coming at him from 50 feet at hundreds of miles per hour.... then you might have an argument..... but if you can't then you're clearly talking out of your excrement exit hole

big grin

Scoobless
Only vibrations, never anything else. Hence the name VIBRAnium.

meh.... doesn't matter... shutting down the mind is a one hit kill (or disable) so it's not allowed.... and he still has the energy field in place....

Originally posted by grey fox
Very true , although i like the idea of shocktopus pressing agent of deaths off button.

which is clearly against tourney rules

Scoobless
I think the mind and the brain are different. The brain is the physical. The mind is the consciousness, experience, memory, thought, intelligence, knowledge... etc. So I think the cybernetic enhancements on the amalgam should work whether or not the cybernetic implants are there.

It's like saying Shocktopus using Electro's physical brain along with his body. One could argue that the tentacles shouldn't work because it's Electro's brain and not Doc Ock's.

or that Electro's powers would kill Speed Freak.... which they would

roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Actually, there was no one hit kill rule that I know of. I just said there was when KVD tried to use one on me. evil face

About the mind thing.
For you to say he gets the benifets of cybernetic implants WITHOUT actually having the implants is a kin to me saying: I want SpeedFreek's armor, but I don't want the metal, so, I'm just going to say my skin is as strong as the metal armor.

That's fine, but since there is no cybernetic implants, there is so superhuman reaction speed. It's not that hard to grasp.

He can have all the memories of Deathlok, but without the implants, he doesn't get any speed boost.

DigiMark007
Well, I see Scoob's amusing himself here. smile Er, it would probably be unethical to let you have two amalgams, so I'm not sure what happens if you start getting votes. We'll play it by ear...and in the meantime, we actually have a fight now.

long pig
It's hilarious.

Scoobless
i get bored easily

embarrasment

anyone else want to get a few hits in?

soleran30
Um if vibranium absorbs the impact of blows then there is no kinetic energy left to absorb.........

Scoobless
Originally posted by soleran30
Um if vibranium absorbs the impact of blows then there is no kinetic energy left to absorb.........

there's always some... but using my... er... Dr.SH's prep time he hits himself to get up a charge before putting on the suit

plus he'll always have some level of charge from day to day activity

Tha C-Master
I vote for long pig this round.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I vote for long pig this round.

SpiderHulk hater!

mad

DigiMark007
Technically, even with Scoob's noble efforts to make this interesting...I don't think I could award Dr. SH the win if he doesn't show up. Even with the fight, LP's basically got this locked up unless SH swoops in and does some magnificent debating.

Scoob, just save it up for the next round...we'll need some fireworks from you and Jin after this disappointing week (though hopefully Nat/Khell gets better).

Scoobless
well maybe if Dr.SH had picked a couple of better characters this could have been a match.... i'd never even heard of Agent Zero or the newer Deathlok before this tourney... lol... all my arguments came straight from their profiles

pfffft... i vote Long Pig too.... unless something crazy happens with Dr.SH or i come online while drunk and change my vote

Dizzle
well maybe if Dr.SH had picked a couple of better characters this could have been a match.... i'd never even heard of Agent Zero or the newer Deathlok before this tourney... lol... all my arguments came straight from their profiles

pfffft... i vote Long Pig too.... unless something crazy happens with Dr.SH or i come online while drunk and change my vote

A whole bunch of people were talking about Agent Zero in the pre-tourney discussion thread... He might have gotten him from there. Though Deathlok was all like... da hell. Maybe SH just knows his comics. Agent Zero definitely could have been useful, especially with his anti-healing enzyme blast things.

Scoobless
i'm way more familiar with the older Deathlok

long pig
Saw this while reading avengers eariler.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3028/newavengers1pg19209tv.th.jpg

I'm saving my next scan until last.....but here's a hint "Diamond hard air" evil face

Scoobless
that's not a shield..... it's just an energy field

long pig
It's all I got right now. mad stick out tongue

I don't have many comics with Electro, but all his profiles say he can make an EMP field, which he can use to fly, too. That looks like it to me.

Scoobless
an EMP field isn't an energy shield

long pig
Well, whatever this is:

Scoobless
It's all I got right now. mad stick out tongue

I don't have many comics with Electro, but all his profiles say he can make an EMP field, which he can use to fly, too. That looks like it to me.

seriously... i've got the stories where he's at his most powerful "Light the Night" the first time he almost achieves uberness.... but then gets scared that having too much power might fry him and doesn't finish amping himself (Spidey saves his life), then that 3-4 parter where he fights Spidey and Nate Grey.... both those times he showed way more power than anything he's done in recent years.... after that one he exploded and wasn't seen again until the Spider titles relaunched where he went back to his standard power level (probably a side effect of exploding.... or bad continuity)

Marvel Knights has shown him use way better control, if not the same level of actual power...... but he's never used a protective energy shield

long pig
He uses one in Falcon #4, too.

Same issue he beats the shit out of Captian America.

Scoobless
Well, whatever this is:

is that for a game..... he has used his electrical field to burn things off before they hit hit... ie: water .... but i've never seen it stop a solid object.... in fact Spidey smacked him in the head with a rock when he made it too hot to get near him

long pig
Another bio.

long pig
is that for a game..... he has used his electrical field to burn things off before they hit hit... ie: water .... but i've never seen it stop a solid object.... in fact Spidey smacked him in the head with a rock when he made it too hot to get near him
Not a game, it's a bio.

I know for a fact he used one in Falcon's mini series. All I need is one time.

long pig
It's pretty standered.

I mean, if static can do it, Electro can. If Storm can use electricity to do it, I know damn well Electro can.

Electro has gotten good with his powers, but now he's a genius with Ock's experience.

Princess Diana
I vote LP

DrDoom101
Did Dr. SH reply to your pm yet, Digi?

Scoobless
Not a game, it's a bio.

I know for a fact he used one in Falcon's mini series. All I need is one time.

can you show it?... because in all his many, many appearances in Spider-Man titles he's never used a shield

Adam Warlock
Voting for LP

Scoobless
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Voting for LP

there's no need.... Dr.SH hasn't shown up so he's disqualified..... next time a tourney starts we should maybe have a post limit minimum

DigiMark007
there's no need.... Dr.SH hasn't shown up so he's disqualified..... next time a tourney starts we should maybe have a post limit minimum

Good idea.

Anyway, I'm closing this match....not much point in keeping it open.

LP wins. Good luck against the winner of Nat/Khell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.