If Mutants Existed In The Real World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
For those who have never heard of a mutant or are thinking of some angst-ridden monster living in a sewer, I'm referring to mutants from the popular comic book series called the X-Men. People born with extradinary abilities. Like the power to fly. Or read minds. Or fire concussive beams out of their eyes. Or even control the weather.

Let's say suddenly tommorrow. Mutants became reality. People suddenly evolved into mutants. A man in Ohio has the power to phase through solid objects. A little girl from Australia has the power to read and mentally control minds. A boy from China has the power to move, think and react at superspeeds. A woman from Germany suddenly has the ability of to control magnetism. How would you react? Would you be pro or anti-mutant? What would be a proper response or solution to the event?

PLEASE. Keep all prejudices aside and work with facts. Remember to include everything in the process of making your decisions. How would mutants whether negatively or postively affect worldwide society, economy, religion and so on?

mr.smiley
I definently think they would take over.In the comic books it's still like a half half thing.I think in the real world they would take over within two generations.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't be pro anything or anti anything. Like humans. There are great ones and shit ones. As there would be with mutants.

I'd not be anti-mutant but the fact that some of the shit people would now have extraordinary powers would make the world quite dangerous. Also, every mutant would more or less become government guinea pigs.

It'd definitely be a dangerous situation.

-AC

GuitarBunny
My guess...Mutants would own, quick & easy. So i doubt there will be peace...

Alpha Centauri
If I suddenly became one of the few, I wouldn't exactly wanna go out and try to take over Earth. I have people I love and care for to think about.

Imagine what'd happen to them. I'd keep it as quiet as possible. Plus, unless I develop powers that don't let me die, protect me or heal me etc, I could easily be stopped.

-AC

The True Fear
I think that they could help us. if i was a mutant i would keep silent about it

Spelljammer
It would depend..

If SpellJammer were a mutant, he'd go around masking his iddenity and threatning those who disagree with him politicaly that he'll destroy the Earth if they don't comply to his demands. They don't know the extent of his powers, who's going to call him on his bluff? Besides, you never know..

If he weren't a mutant, he'd become like Baston. And create a cult bent on the destruction of every single mutie. Solely because SpellJammer be jealous he didn't get cool powers. Pompus bastards..

KidRock
Mutants do exist...they are called Liberals.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by KidRock
Even if they had the cool powers they'd still whine and ***** about how they're viewed as infirior and would demand affirmaive action be taken! laughing

Darth Macabre
I wouldnt be against them if i werent a mutant but i cant honestly say the power would corrupt me.

As for religion, I believe there would cults our worshipping them. Just like the acolytes did for Magneto.

Politically- im sure one of the mutants would try to take over the world.

leana marie
i think mutants like x-men would be cool.. though i would envy them so much i would hate them

Alpha Centauri

Ironic isn't it?

Liberals are the ones that further evolve while republicans are classically stuck in the dark ages. Eg: Bush, their leader.

-AC

Spelljammer
Evolution, mutation, same crap. XP

Anyway, does SpellJammer have to get out his comparison of conservatives are saiyans and liberals are the tuffles again?!

Alpha Centauri
If I said apples and you had said pears, would you say "Eh, same thing"?

-AC

Spelljammer
Well, they ARE both fruit and contain about the same nutrients.. laughing

Alpha Centauri
So an omelette is also the same as a chocolate cake? They both contain egg.

-AC

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So an omelette is also the same as a chocolate cake? They both contain egg.

-AC
Must you make an argument out of everyhting?! >: \

FeceMan
Originally posted by Draco69
For those who have never heard of a mutant or are thinking of some angst-ridden monster living in a sewer, I'm referring to mutants from the popular comic book series called the X-Men. People born with extradinary abilities. Like the power to fly. Or read minds. Or fire concussive beams out of their eyes. Or even control the weather.

Let's say suddenly tommorrow. Mutants became reality. People suddenly evolved into mutants. A man in Ohio has the power to phase through solid objects. A little girl from Australia has the power to read and mentally control minds. A boy from China has the power to move, think and react at superspeeds. A woman from Germany suddenly has the ability of to control magnetism. How would you react? Would you be pro or anti-mutant? What would be a proper response or solution to the event?

PLEASE. Keep all prejudices aside and work with facts. Remember to include everything in the process of making your decisions. How would mutants whether negatively or postively affect worldwide society, economy, religion and so on?
Um, I would be insanely jealous.

Alpha Centauri
I know, must be well annoying.

Like if someone kept saying 'liberals' in every post.

-AC

Spelljammer
I know, must be well annoying.

Like if someone kept saying 'liberals' in every post.

-AC
Well SpellJammer isn't saying it now so could you just "turn-off"?! Jesus Christ.. messed

Morgoths_Wrath
humans are the result of genetic mutations

how could you be against it?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Well SpellJammer isn't saying it now so could you just "turn-off"?! Jesus Christ.. messed
Liberal.

There, now he's turned on.

(Innuendo aside.)

Draco69
*shakes his head at the submersion of his thread into the typical tug-o-war of left & right*

Personally I would be in favor of a worldly law that requires us to keep an eye on mutants. For example, let's say a girl suddenly gets the ability to control the weather. She gets angry. The town she lives in is subjected to a tornado. Billions of dollars in damages. People dead. Not a pretty thing.

xmarksthespot
If I was still an ordinary human I'd likely be in favour of some kind legislation to monitor the abilities of the new human variant. It does however raise human rights and right to privacy issues.

Then again if I was one of them I'd probably oppose any legislation entailing the compulsory requirement for me to expose myself as a mutant being and register my abilities in some sort of database.

KidRock
Ironic isn't it?

Liberals are the ones that further evolve while republicans are classically stuck in the dark ages. Eg: Bush, their leader.

-AC

Liberals are like Magneto..they want to kill everybody off and take away all our human freedom.

xmarksthespot
If anything Magneto would be a hardline conservative a la Benjamin Netanyahu.

Alpha Centauri
Liberals are like Magneto..they want to kill everybody off and take away all our human freedom.

Republicans are like Rhino...under all the thick skin there's a thick brain surrounded by a thick, impenetrable (mostly by compassion, common sense and logic) skull that comes in handed when they're charging into things head first without any after thought.

-AC

Spelljammer
For the sake of mutants who are opressed no less. It's affirmative action in spandex.

Bardock42
Oh god..this will draw the attention of our KMC Mutants again.....

Ricardogd
*bloodcurdling scream* Ohh come on. Us mutants would take the world over.

Mainstream
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I definently think they would take over.In the comic books it's still like a half half thing.I think in the real world they would take over within two generations.

one and a half if I lead the revolution

Ricardogd
*bloodcurdling scream* There would always be Magneto and everything.... so we should just kill them now. BTW i'm not a mutant. I'm a symbiote (alien).

WindDancer
Well, fictional mutants (i.e. X-men) would indeed be a great benefit for the world. However, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a mutant like Jean Grey or Charles Xavier reading my mind and controlling it. That would be a no-no. Even thought they may have good intentions I don't want anyone impossing their powers on me. As for the good part of having superpower mutants just think of all the things they can do to help in case of a disaster. And we seen with all the natural disaster happening lately their powers could really help to save lives.

Lord Nauj
this would be hot because I do control the weather.... sometimes

Gryn Jabar
Mandatory Registration, testing, etc. Only question is, how are we going to force a guy like Magneto to register?

Draco69
Exactly. Power corrupts. Can we HONESTLY say that a person with the power of teleportation wouldn't attempt to steal? Or a person with the power of telepathy wouldn't read the minds of his professors in order to cheat on his exams or mentally force a girl to have sex with him? Or an inner-city junkie who has the power of Magneto going psycho on the NYPD?

We have to view things in terms of opportunity cost. Does the potential good outweigh the potential bad? Or vice versa?

IMO, mutants would be way too volatile for the world. Seriously, we can barely handle ourselves. How could we handle a bunch of Storms, Cyclops, and Wolverines?

soleran30
Hmm well Mutants would be very hard to live with......to much power at their disposal and humans with power we watch what happens everyday with that mixture.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Mandatory Registration, testing, etc. Only question is, how are we going to force a guy like Magneto to register?

a massive army of killer plastic robots would do the trick.

Spelljammer
This would constitute new laws inplace, confusing, and somewhat useless laws.

For instance, it would be ilegal for a mutant to use thier powers to do ill on others. They have no right to infringe on someone else'es with thier abilities. Or so the law would state. But if say SpellJammerhad mutant powers he would ask..

What do you plan to do about it if he does? evil face

Though he'd be less of a political zealot Magneto, and more of a wiseass Deadpool.. Guess what, mutant powers, you best do as SpellJammer says and get him tickets to Canada so he can see his lover. After that carryon with your normal mortal buisness..

soleran30
LOL forget super duper powers just maybe an empath with the ability to make other feel the way you want them too...........BAM I rule the world in despotism while you smile about it and thank me LOL.......bury mutants haha

Mainstream
if they were mutants naturally some would be good some would be bad just like "normal humans" measures would have to be taken to make sure "bad mutants" didn't take over. passing laws wouldn't do sh*t if you could turn to metal, controll minds or scream so loud you could break steal or etc, a "your not allowed to use your powers to hurt people law" would stop you if you wanted to use your powers to hurt. I believe education is the key..if "normal child" and "mutant child learn to consist as kids...they should be able to do so as adults....for the most part..but I sugguest having a sentinal program up...just in case.

Spelljammer
we can barely handle ourselves. How could we handle a bunch of Storms, Cyclops, and Wolverines?
They'd probably handle eachother. SpellJammer has taken alot of super power tests and always gets ice power. Even in that X-Men game for the X-Box we got the farthest when SpellJammer played as Iceman.

Not the greatest power in the world..
And it would be pretty redudant if he wants to live in Canada to see Amber.. messed

Draco69
That maybe. But if you played the game there was a TREMENDOUS amount of destruction around them. If a mutant fights a mutant in a populated area be prepared for an enormous amount of damage costs.

Spelljammer
That maybe. But if you played the game there was a TREMENDOUS amount of destruction around them. If a mutant fights a mutant in a populated area be prepared for an enormous amount of damage costs.
Guess you'll be learning to live more primitively like in the Middle-East.

What a grand age that would be. Not to hear some ******* yammering away on his cellphone or some rich white kid raving about how he got the new Nintendo *insert crap name here*.

Draco69
....but we won't have KMC. Nor listen to your brillant testomonies against the tryannies of liberals.

Spelljammer
....but we won't have KMC. Nor listen to your brillant testomonies against the tryannies of liberals.
True, but with super-powers then SpellJammer could cause liberal genocide himself! \m/ evil face \m/

The Brotherhood of Conservative Mutants. laughing out loud

Draco69
But The Liberals would form the Uncanny M-Men. Professor Michael Moore being their leader.

soleran30
Well in that case Draco we are really screwed Moore will choke to death on twinkies making a documentary on why canada is better for mutants!!!!! Ugh our last hope

Spelljammer
Originally posted by soleran30
Well in that case Draco we are really screwed Moore will choke to death on twinkies making a documentary on why canada is better for mutants!!!!! Ugh our last hope
Canada wouldn't be so much better for liberal mutants as it would be the saviour of them. The sooner SpellJammer gets to spend his life with Amber/Coldfire. (Ironic name eh?) the sooner he'll willingly end his membership with the brotherhood and leave everyone alone..

Course then you'd still have to worry about..

Feceman:
http://www.space-debris.com/sci_rayPark_toad.jpg

Jackie Malfoy:
http://ultimatecomics.free.fr/xmen/images/x-men/Mystique_02.jpg

And KidRock:
http://www.celebritydetective.com/images/Ben_Stein.jpg

Cletus_Kasady
Kidrocks changed a bit.

hawkwind
if i was suddenly a mutant tomorrow hmmm??........depending on what i could do i would totally exploit my powers for my own benefit and the benefit of others.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by hawkwind
if i was suddenly a mutant tomorrow hmmm??........depending on what i could do i would totally exploit my powers for my own benefit and the benefit of others.
Screw other's, so people can whine about how you didn't save so and so over someone else?

Random black guy: Why did hawkwind save that family from a burning building but didn't stop to notice my son was being beaten by skinheads?! What?! Are only caucascions able to be saved?!
The goverment: Hawkwind is a vigilantie and needs to growup! He is making us appear incompetant and uncaring! ...Moreso...
Little boy: I'm a mutant too! I can fly! *Jumps off the roof and stupid liberal mother sues hawkwind*

Don't fall into a pit of despair because of these foul humans hawkwind, join the brotherhood of conservative mutants.. And put your powers to REALLY good use..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.