A Banned Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The True Fear
do think a section of kmc for banned people should be installed. do think it could work? all banned users could post there and nowhere else.

Sir Mist
There's a place for banned people. Its called Hell.

leana marie
yes it would be a good idea cause then we could make fun of them...

mysterio69
wtf would they talk about.?
-"hey, what's up?"
-"nothing, just got banned."
-"hey! me too!"
-"cool!"

then nothing is typed until someone else gets banned.

Spelljammer
SpellJammer has been saying that all along, it's a good way to "semi-ban" people. Some people aren't deserving of a full fledge ban. Then, how they act in the banned section can prove if

A) They deserve to stay in forum limbo.
B) Be unbanned.
C) Be perm banned.

The prison forum could be like a huge comprension of all other forums where anything is discussed. That way, they themselves have to try and be orderly and coherent in thier messages. Which seperates the members from the trolls, ya dig?

ben_dover
Originally posted by mysterio69
wtf would they talk about.?
-"hey, what's up?"
-"nothing, just got banned."
-"hey! me too!"
-"cool!"

then nothing is typed until someone else gets banned.

laughing

Lana
What would be the point in banning them if they still got to post somewhere?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The True Fear
only one place roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sir Mist
I like this gameroll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
When they're banned, it's from the whole forum, this would kinda defeat the point.

The True Fear
i mean it would cut down on the where is slipknot bitching and other such things in the otf

ben_dover
Heres an idea! eek!

"Pre-ban mode"

If someone is in the risk of getting banned, they will sent to the "Pre-ban mode" section for a hour, day or week. After that period has passed they are allowed to post elsewhere. If their behavior didn't seem to improve they will automatically be banned.

No point in making a "banned" section for banned users! wink

PINBALL
What did slipknot get banned for and i think that would be funny but i guess it would defeat the purpose cause they can still be on kmc

Acherontia

bushidorodent
ttf you are a genious that is an awesome idea

leana marie
but, i dont think the mods would like having to babysit the ppl in forum prison...

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Lana
What would be the point in banning them if they still got to post somewhere?

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Because we don't want to appear like nazi soldiers who intimidate others into doing what we want. We want to excude a friendly enviorment.

SpellJammer has seen forums succeed with a no-ban policy. It's possible. If you have moderators who actually are compentant and compassionate..

But you can't ask for radical changes, so merely a "semi-ban" type thing would be logical. Maybe even not a prison forum, but slower bans where they can't post at ceartain forums, obviously the ones where they were doing the most flamming would be the logical solution. Instead of outright banning them. People make friends here, and it's just plan mean to break those friendships over something so silly as breaking some rules of an internet forum, or pissing off a few people, there's worse things in life then being told your mother sucks cock in hell..

Cringe
That would totally be cool.Would we be able to watch whats going on?Then we could have a forum making fun of the people in the banned forum evil face

Lana
Or maybe people could just be smart enough to not break rules and get banned....what a thing that'd be, huh?

Seriously, if you're friends with someone on here, you'll know of other ways to get in contact with them -- email, MSN, AIM, etc....

Spelljammer
Or maybe people could just be smart enough to not break rules and get banned....what a thing that'd be, huh?

Seriously, if you're friends with someone on here, you'll know of other ways to get in contact with them -- email, MSN, AIM, etc....
Sometimes people get wrongfuly banned. Does Raz even know about all the bans taken into account?

You'd understand if it was someone you know, or you yourself.

Lana
Raz does know of all of the bans, and only certain mods CAN ban. If you think a ban was unfair, then PM Raz and tell him why.

I've known people who've been banned, one of my friends did just recently. Didn't make that big a difference because I know how to keep in contact with my friends outside of the site. And I'd never do anything to get myself banned, because I'm not that stupid.

General Zink
Having a way for 'banned' people to remain on KMC completely defeats the point of banning them. What idiocy. Then all of KMC would be in there, running rampant. The idea is that they don't break the rules or say something stupid enough to get them banned. Duh.

ILLHACKU
There is one on ign.com but very few know of it and it takes away all there avatar sig and smilies and they can only talk to other banned people maybe this forum should have one?

General Zink
Did you not read what I just said?

Snoopbert
I actually think that this idea could be reformed into something better. Maybe when people are banned for the first or second time, they lose the ability to PM all other members, and are restricted to a single forum where the Mods and Banned Members all work out a way to perhaps prevent future problems and/or explain to the banned members why they were banned. Or maybe just work out the problems right there (Say if it's between two emmbers in flame war...).

For permenantly banned members, that'd be a no go.

PINBALL
I agree with snoop bert i mean some peole just have issues with other members and if they say something that goes too far there gone they should go to the Banned Forum so they can be there for their sentence and if the mods think they can come back they are allowed back until it becomes too much of a habit if they are sent to the Banned forum for like 3 times or so they are permently banned

Snoopbert
That was not what I meant... well, for the most part.

I meant that the forum is used as "Solitary Confinement" of sorts... except the mods actually "rehabiliate" by faciliating a way to fix their problems.

RedAlertv2
If I got banned I wouldnt bother with a "banned forum". It just wouldnt compare with the real thing.

Sorgo
How about you follow the damn rules and avoid getting banned?

Whoever said people get wrongfully banned is just the purity of stupidity. If someone got banned, there must have been a damn good reason.

EsteemedLeader
What if you want to stay in touch with a person, but then they get perma-banned? Ope, sorry, you can never speak with them again.

There should be a forum where banned people can only go, and anyone else can post too.

Lana
Like I've said before.

There are other ways of talking to them than on the boards. Email, MSN, AIM, etc. Everyone I talk to on here I have ways of contacting outside the boards themselves.

And that way, if they're idiot enough to get themselves banned, you can still talk to them! What a freaking concept!

EsteemedLeader
But a lot of people hide that, duh. What if you never happened to mention these to each other?

Lana
You can email people through their profiles.

And if it was someone you were actually friends with, I'd find it hard to believe that you wouldn't talk to them outside the boards.

EsteemedLeader
What if you meet them on the boards?, duh.

Lana
That's exactly what I mean -- people you've met on here who you've become friends with. Every SINGLE person on KMC who I'd consider to be a friend I talk to outside of KMC, be it through emails, MSN, and/or other sites. Hell, I've talked to a couple people on the phone and text them.

EsteemedLeader
But what if it simply never came up?

Lana
Then I'd figure that they're either not really as much a friend as you though, or that you could simply use the "Email (insert username here)" option in their profile.

Really not that hard to figure out.

EsteemedLeader
Does that option work on banned people?

Lana
Yes.

You can't PM them, since they won't be able to come on here to check them, but you can still email them.

EsteemedLeader
I just emailed Slip!!!eek!

Lana
laughing

Really, I can't believe no one's ever thought to use that before!

kmcdude
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Sometimes people get wrongfuly banned. Does Raz even know about all the bans taken into account?

You'd understand if it was someone you know, or you yourself.

I agree there sad

DanZeke25
Originally posted by The True Fear
do think a section of kmc for banned people should be installed. do think it could work? all banned users could post there and nowhere else.

Thay shoud do what this one place does.

its the only place the banned people can post, but it messes with them too. the screen shakes, and things pop out at you, and every 5 second, the screen turns into nothin but colors, its the funiest thing i've ever seen. But i also don't know how they did it.

The True Fear
sounds funny

Spelljammer
Well how about a democracy of a ban?

Before a ban can be put into place, all members vote on it in a big poll. If by the end of say, a week, the ballot is tied, the mods vote, and after that week the mods vote is tied, Raz has a private discussion with his penis to decide..

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by The True Fear
Uh....what point would that serve? They were banned for some specific reason, letting them back in, even if its just into ONE part of this site..is stupid to think about. They did wrong, they pay for it.

Spelljammer
Why all the hate?! Make love! Not war! cool

Coldfire
Why all the hate?! Make love! Not war! cool
I'm surprised to hear that come from you Brian haha stick out tongue

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Coldfire
I'm surprised to hear that come from you Brian haha stick out tongue
Well he was thinking about you when he said it, hense making love.. XP

Coldfire
Well he was thinking about you when he said it, hense making love.. XP
I'm sure you were stick out tongue

GCG
People shouldnt get banned without warning (unless its a mortal sin). With these mods you can never get a copy of them. They dont act uniformly and it seems that they get themselves tied up in knots about what to do. Just like in the recent events a Global Mod was online but did not ban Masrix. Instead Masrix was uncovered by a normal mod who doesnt have Global power to check the IP. Ultimatly it took Storm to ban him (Storm is in charge of the OTF).

Sir Mist
Well how about a democracy of a ban?

Before a ban can be put into place, all members vote on it in a big poll. If by the end of say, a week, the ballot is tied, the mods vote, and after that week the mods vote is tied, Raz has a private discussion with his penis to decide..

What the f**k? What about when you've got idiots spamming the boards? Just wait for a global poll to decide whether they should get kicked or not? Pfft...

Captain REX
laughing

Really, I can't believe no one's ever thought to use that before!

I can. This is the OTF, after all. wink

And Spelljammer, the idea of a ban is to get them out of here quickly. It'd take too long to have people vote on it; this isn't an online FPS.

Tptmanno1
Anyway the banned foum would fall into complete chaos anyway. It would be stupid and become the new OTF. The rules are what they are because they work. This is not a democracy, its a Raz-tatorship. Deal with it.

kmcdude
Originally posted by leana marie
yes it would be a good idea cause then we could make fun of them...

yes

kmcdude
Originally posted by GCG
People shouldnt get banned without warning (unless its a mortal sin). With these mods you can never get a copy of them. They dont act uniformly and it seems that they get themselves tied up in knots about what to do. Just like in the recent events a Global Mod was online but did not ban Masrix. Instead Masrix was uncovered by a normal mod who doesnt have Global power to check the IP. Ultimatly it took Storm to ban him (Storm is in charge of the OTF).

Is he gone forever?

Storm
Originally posted by GCG
I am not in charge of the OTF, nor did I ban Masrix, nor is your 'information' about IP checks correct. I suggest you get your facts straight before voicing them!

kmcdude
Originally posted by Storm
I am not in charge of the OTF, nor did I ban Masrix, nor is your 'information' about IP checks correct. I suggest you get your facts straight before voicing them!

rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.