dr.fate vs dr.strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

DigiMark007
Fate doesn't have the feats of Strange. Probably similar in power, but I've never seen Fate do enough to deserve the "above Skyfather with proper prep" title that Strange has.

NoFate007
I don't know enough about the 2 to make a just argument but I'd have to go with Strange from what I do know.

long pig
Which Fate? Kent?

Strange is around pre-crisis Fate level, the new guy is GOOD, not on the level, though.

brainchild81
Strange

The Ion
It's always the same. Kent would win, Hector would lose.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by The Ion

Exactly what I think.

leonheartmm
well ofcourse, after resisting the tribunal and the power of the infinite gauntlett.

long pig
Originally posted by The Ion
Actually, Hector is probably equal to Strange.

I'd say a stalemate with Herald, Kent....well, he doesn't do so well.

jrodslam
Well currently, Hector is banished somewhere, and Sand is the wearer of the helmet, but Nabu is in control. Sweet!

Hes almost 100%

long pig
He'd need all 100% to take on Strange. God or not.

jrodslam
id say about 90% lol.

long pig
You would say that. stick out tongue

jrodslam
wink

spetznaz
Originally posted by jesserw21
who wins?

I think this would be a rather interesting fight, which could go on for eons or last just a couple of minutes. Whatever the duration, it would be very interesting.
The thing is this.
Both characters are highly adept magic users, and can basically be said to be the top-echelon magic users in their respective kingdoms. Now, there are magical entities more potent that both (eg the some of the older Lords of Chaos and some of the other Lords of Order, apart from Nabu, when it comes to Fate; and for Strange entities such as the Vishanti). However for humans the first person people turn to in DC when serious magical mojo is going on is Fate (far more than Zatanna), and in Marvel Dr. Strange is the go-to-guy.
What about power levels?
This is where it even gets more interesting.

Dr.Fate is basically a man possessed by one of the Lord's of Order, in this case Nabu, who manifests through the Helm. Thus Fate has some serious magical abilities, and the only weak point is just how much the human body can take.
Dr Strange is the sorcerer supreme, and while he may not be under the direct influence of what is for all intents and purposes a deity, he still has some serious octane going for him. And he does have access to entities himself, in his case the Vishanti, as well as the Book of Vishanti (with all the spells therein), as well as another tome that has dark magic (whcih Strange never uses, but -in what might be an attempt to ape Batman - had 'just in case').

Thus powerwise it seems that they might be equal, but I would give the upper hand to Strange here. The funny thing is just a few months ago I had given the upper edge in power to Fate on a similar thread.

Now it comes to the other important component when it comes to magic. Experience!

Dr. Fate, as a man, doesn't have enarly as much experience as Dr. Strange has. Thus it appears at first as if Strange automatically takes this round (and, again, a few months ago I had given Strange the upper hand in experience). However after looking at it I think Fate has an upper hand in experience!
How?
Well, at his most powerful, Dr.Fate is under the direct control of Nabu. It is no longer a man who has the powers of Nabu through the helm, but instead Nabu in complete possession of a man through the helm. What does this mean? Well, you have Nabu, a Lord of Order who is millenia old, and who has perfect knowledge in entire libaries of spells and magical strategy. Dr Strange may be great in experience, but human knowhow (even magically enhanced) pales in comparison to the amount of info that an eternal deity would have accumulated over the eons. Thus Fate, at his best, has an experience advantage over Strange.

Anyways, who wins?

Well, it depends.
1) Currently Strange would lose. He no longer has access to the Vishanti (although he still has the book), and thus cannot call on their help. His powers have also taken a dip to where he no longer completely trusts his abilities. He is still powerful (for instance in DareDevil Visionaries, even though he did state that his powers were no longer wht they were, he still managed to shunt a nerve agent that had gotten into his body into another dimension, as well as managed to call up Mephisto. Thus for a weakened mage who doubted his abilities, strange is still powerful).
2) Fate is also questionable. For one what Fate are we talking about? This could make a difference between winning and not. Secondly is Nabu under full control or not. This has probably the biggest influence on a win.

Conclusion: I'd say a tie. There are times when Dr. Strange would easily win (actually more often than not), however if Dr. Fate was to be at his peak there is really nothing Strange could do to stop him (even if Strange had the bands of cytorrak, the help of the Vishanti, and a lucky rabbit foot). The thing is, at his peak Dr. Fate easily approaches the abilities of The Spectre. He would be unstoppable.

Thus, a tie.

long pig
Wrong.

Wrong.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
Wrong.

Wrong.

laughing Preach LP.

long pig
The man reads a non-canon Marvel Knights comic from 1999 and he thinks he an expert.

Christ on a cracker.

jrodslam
I could have sworn everyone agreed that Strange beats Hall and stalemates Nelson. No need to continue this. Really.

long pig
Originally posted by jrodslam
I could have sworn everyone agreed that Strange beats Hall and stalemates Nelson. No need to continue this. Really.

Pretty much yes

Sir Whirlysplat
This thread hs been done beforesmile and since

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.