That new ipod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Is_it
So, I saw the new ipod, my question is how do you convert a dvd into the mpeg4 format that it needs? i know that software exists to do a simmilar thing for the psp(like xcopy9 at psptransfer.com) but does anyone know if a simmilar thing exists for the ipod yet? or else how you could do it manually?

JKozzy
Giving it about two seconds of thought I see multiple ways of easily converting a DVD. Depends on your experience and software, though.

Wolf Dog
Oh yah, I never noticed the COMPUTER in Computer/Videogames Discussion. laughing out loud

Doesn't it have its own movie filetype?

Tru_Slice
That thing is a waste of money just like the PSP.

Wolf Dog
Correction: No it's not, but the PSP is imo...I'll wait for the PSP2 thank you. geek

El_NINO
The PSP is a waste of money.... any iPOD isnt

Tru_Slice
I didn't mean that the ipod a a waste of money, I just mean that the new Nano is.

It's $200 more thatn a normal ipod, and holds half the songs. How small do you have to get?

Silverstein
the nano looks so damn cool, i say one. Hows the battery life for the nano?

Tru_Slice
It sux of course!

What kind of battery life do you expect from a credit card-sized piece of equipment?

Silverstein
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
It sux of course!

What kind of battery life do you expect from a credit card-sized piece of equipment?

very little

JKozzy
Nanos are for those who really feel they have to have the smallest shit ever. I'm all for the 60GB Video iPod -- black, of course. See, that's a welcome improvement. Paying the same $$ for smaller equipment that holds less... not my idea of improvement.

Tru_Slice
People like that have to have something smaller than their wang to make them feel like a man.

I am not one of those people, happily. thumb up

Silverstein
hows the battery life does the regular ipod ?

Wolf Dog
This is the iPod killer right here.
http://www.pocketdish.com/getone.jsp

Aahahah, just kidding. I'm curious to read a review on the 7 incher though. That's is a pretty big freakin screen. 40GB is not bad also. But i doubt that these will get enough attention to attract a reviewer. sad

Lana
Originally posted by JKozzy
Nanos are for those who really feel they have to have the smallest shit ever. I'm all for the 60GB Video iPod -- black, of course. See, that's a welcome improvement. Paying the same $$ for smaller equipment that holds less... not my idea of improvement.

I'm thinking that once my iPod becomes too small I'm going to get one of those. That'd be pretty awesome.

Nanos are a waste of money. It's small, big freaking deal...it also costs about the same as a 20GB one but doesn't hold nearly as much music. Why bother? A regular iPod's not that big, certainly pocket-sized.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
I didn't mean that the ipod a a waste of money, I just mean that the new Nano is.

It's $200 more thatn a normal ipod, and holds half the songs. How small do you have to get?

I would say wait for the price to drop but by that time time they'll have an ipod so small you'll need an electron microscope to see it.

Originally posted by El_NINO
The PSP is a waste of money.... any iPOD isnt

Seems to be true, one of the shows on G4 had a survey and appearently more people buy the PSP than DS BUT more people are happy with their DS than PSP.

JKozzy
I own a DS and I'm not happy with the selection of games. I am happy, though, that they are much cheaper than those on the PSP. PSP games run for $50... DS games can run $20-40. When the WI-FI is up in November, the DS really will become more prominent in my life yes

longshanks
i'm still happy with my psp but i'm thinking about getting both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.