Your Fav vs your least fav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
who is your favourite and least favourite characters and who do you think is more likely to win from the two.......

I will start.............

My favourite character is Deadpool
My least Favourite character is Gambit

I think Deadpool is more likely to win............

Mainstream
Originally posted by willRules
who is your favourite and least favourite characters and who do you think is more likely to win from the two.......

I will start.............

My favourite character is Deadpool
My least Favourite character is Gambit

I think Deadpool is more likely to win............

"don no boby trust Gambit?! Den Gambit don't need no boby!"

willRules
lol

who are your favourite and least fav Mainstream and who in your opinion is more likely to win?

jgiant
Savage Hulk (fav) vs. Superman (hate)
winner-Hulk IMO

willRules
cool anyone else?

Spawnrules
most spawn (obvious) least: punisher

spawn

Spawnrules
i love all super hero i love ppunisher least

Mainstream
lol

who are your favourite and least fav Mainstream and who in your opinion is more likely to win?

most favorite God like Cable (Cable at his maximum acting like mutant Jesus)
least favorite Shaman Nate (a young boy band verison of Cable who thinks he's jesus)

winner God like Cable...."the names Cable..REMEMBER IT APOCAYPSE".

thesilverspider
most fav spiderman
least fav wolverine
spidey will kick his ass

The True Fear
most fav...magneto
least fav...wolverine

magneto pwns

Spawnrules
ggggggggggggoooooooooooooo magneto

Spawnrules
do you also like onsalught

X-Logan
fav:Wolverine
least favmessedpiderman

Wolvie would kill spiderman.

Wickerman
Most fav: Exodus right now.
Least fav: Spiderman.

Exodus would show Petey new meanings of pain.

~wickerman~

DrDoom101
Dr. Doom (my fav) vs. Gambit

Spawnrules
and dr.doom wins

severance
favourite hulk
least hawkeye

hulk fires hawk into space using his own bow
btw if hawks such a good shot why not use a gun or a grenade launcher

Blair Wind
fav. Iceman
vs
leats fav. Wolvie (its not that i DONT like him, just to overexposed and fanboys make me go crazy)
=
frozen runt icecream

Family_guy725
Venom(fav) vs. Spot(least)
Venom would rip his head off and eat his brains through a straw

Scoobless
Originally posted by severance
favourite hulk
least hawkeye

hulk fires hawk into space using his own bow
btw if hawks such a good shot why not use a gun or a grenade launcher

BLASPHEMY!!!!

i tend to like the lesser powered guys more.... they have to try harder to get anything done.... so my favourite characters will more than likely get their heads kicked in by my least favourites

but not always

legacy92
wouldnt every1 here jus pik there fave anyways over the other ?

Adam Warlock
Wonder Man

VS.

That damn Scarlet Cyborg.

evil face

Wonder Man wins.

brainchild81
Fav: Spidey
Least Fav: Jubilee
Spidey literally beats her a$$ w/his eyes closed.

The Ion
Originally posted by legacy92
Obviously. Just look at all the results. wink

LexCorp
Fav Thanos
hate Cyclops

Cyclops hits him with every mutantly possiable and thanos yawns flicks his finger energy and destroys him and looks at a crying jean and says come get some.

roughrider
Thor (fav.) vs. Blue Beetle (hate).
Ummmmmmm...Thor Wins!bangin

The Ion
How can you hate Blue Beetle? Seriously now!

EsteemedLeader
Blue Bettle owns!!!

Fave: Batman
Least fave: Galactus

I'm not going to be a fanboy, I'm sane enough to know that Batman can't beat a 200 ton monster. So, Galactus.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
How can you hate Blue Beetle? Seriously now!

Very seriously!
Worst dressed character in comics, and the worst name! laughing
But he was funny during Giffen & DeMatties JLA days, paling around with Booster Gold.
When I think of comic characters I'd like to be...he's about the opposite.

Scoobless
Originally posted by legacy92

no.... that's the path to the fanboy side

Lethal_Rise
onslaught(favorite) vs. superman(homo-stereotype-white-superFAKE hero), with onslaught finding a way to banish superman to hell, or getting the entire human population to hate and hunt down superman, and start making kryptonite weapons. Supes is too punk pusy to kill ALL humans, so onslaught wins.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
onslaught(favorite) vs. superman(homo-stereotype-white-superFAKE hero), with onslaught finding a way to banish superman to hell, or getting the entire human population to hate and hunt down superman, and start making kryptonite weapons. Supes is too punk pusy to kill ALL humans, so onslaught wins.

no

Wow, your favirote is a stupid villan from the 90's and your least favirote is the first superhero ever.

Seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Favirote: Either Doom or Thing, but i'll say Thing for right now

Least Favirote: Gambit

Ben owns Gambit

yes

Lethal_Rise
the only reason I hate superman b/c he's impossibly powerful. he went from leaping 1/4 of a mile in the 40's to moving planets and flying through stars in the 90s. onslaught just looks cool and is like proffesser x and magneto combined.

diabloman
venom my fav. least jubille. hmm damn thats a hard decision there who would win. NOT ! venom would knock the chineese brat out in a sec.

Big Sexy
My favorite is Thanos and my least is Imperiex.
The winner depends on prep.

Grimm22
the only reason I hate superman b/c he's impossibly powerful. he went from leaping 1/4 of a mile in the 40's to moving planets and flying through stars in the 90s. onslaught just looks cool and is like proffesser x and magneto combined.

I'll agree Onslaught does look cool.

But, your thinking of Pre-Crisis Superman. Supes cant move planets anymore.

Lethal_Rise
what form is most current superman? (I bet he's still effin demi-god)

Psyquis52
Favorite: Darkhawk (seriously)
Least Favorite: Superman (he wins)

My favorite character sucks.

Grimm22
what form is most current superman? (I bet he's still effin demi-god)

Not really no no

Lord Urizen
HERO:

Favorite: Dawn

Vs

Least Favorite: Superman

Dawn cut off the hand of God, and she's the Goddess of Earth, so she kills Supes

Villian:

Favorite: Ingra

VS

Least Favorite: Toyman

Ingra doesn't even waste her time with that piece of sh*****

Grimm22
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
HERO:

Favorite: Dawn

Vs

Least Favorite: Superman

Dawn cut off the hand of God, and she's the Goddess of Earth, so she kills Supes

Villian:

Favorite: Ingra

VS

Least Favorite: Toyman

Ingra doesn't even waste her time with that piece of sh*****

WTF? How the hell do you cut off God's hand. Wow thats what I call PIS!

Hey Toyman was cool in JLU big grin

superman41082
The truth is, I like most of these characters. My least fav used to be Wolverine, but I have come to realize that I more hate how they've done him, and the way I view the character is pretty cool. Wow. Good topic.

My fav is Superman(naturally) and my least fav is........... wow. Well, my least fav are bad guys because they try to hurt people, but they're necessary for the stories, obviously, and I don't think they're bad characters because I don't like them.

Oh wait! I've got it, Spidergirl!

F' Spidergirl, that's just a dumb idea.

Spiderman destroys Spidergirl(lol)

DarkCrawler
Most Fav: Namor

Least Fav: Gambit

OVERKILL!!!

superman41082
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Most Fav: Namor

Least Fav: Gambit

OVERKILL!!!

Why does everyone hat Gambit? What's wrong with him? I like Gambit............

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Grimm22
WTF? How the hell do you cut off God's hand. Wow thats what I call PIS!

Hey Toyman was cool in JLU

It's not PIS Grimm...if you actually READ Dawn "Return of the Goddess" you would have made a better judgement than that.

In Dawn's series, God is not the Supreme Being, he is a frawd, a VERY powerful one, but a FRAWD, and is even Lucifer's lover.

It's not PIS, next time KNOW what you're talking about before you go ranting like that.

Lord Urizen
And by the way, superman, i thnk everyone is jealous of Gambit

Gambit is sexy as hell, just like Wolverine, so they need to shut thier mouths.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by superman41082
everyone has been hatin on Gambit lately.

I think he's cool.

superman41082

Yeah, I think part of it is the fact that Gambit gets all the chicks. Don't hate guys......

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I think part of it is the fact that Gambit gets all the chicks. Don't hate guys...... If that would be true, I would hate Namor too.

There is just something annoying in Gambit.

badabing

blink What the f**k? eek2 eerjawdrop

Lord Urizen
yes yes yes

YES you READ CORRECTLY BADABING BADADOOO....

GAMBIT is SEXY as HELL

He has incredible charisma, is a really cool guy, really hott also, people are jealous of him...that's all

outarddwarf
Favorite: Juggernaut
least favorite: Batman

Juggernaut tears off batmans head and $hits down his neck, then hangs him up for all the robins he ever molested to (literally)beat the $hit out of his body.
Oh and i hate gambit because juggernaut hates gambit and in every universe he owns the guy.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3127/juggernautgambitloser1lh.th.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8306/humiliateultgambit4pb.th.jpg

Big Sexy
Dude, there are so many people juggernaut can do that to. Its not fair to pick on gambit because he is one of them.

DarkCrawler
yes yes yes

YES you READ CORRECTLY BADABING BADADOOO....

GAMBIT is SEXY as HELL

He has incredible charisma, is a really cool guy, really hott also, people are jealous of him...that's all

Namor's banged more babes then Gambit before Remy's grandfather was old enough to drink. I still don't hate him.

Maybe it's the accent. stick out tongue

Soss
Fav is Supes
Least fav is Martian Manhunter

I think Supes owns Manhunter.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Soss
Fav is Supes
Least fav is Martian Manhunter

I think Supes owns Manhunter. Jubilee will probably own the manhunter. That dude is the biggest jobber I have ever seen in my life.

Grimm22
It's not PIS Grimm...if you actually READ Dawn "Return of the Goddess" you would have made a better judgement than that.

In Dawn's series, God is not the Supreme Being, he is a frawd, a VERY powerful one, but a FRAWD, and is even Lucifer's lover.

It's not PIS, next time KNOW what you're talking about before you go ranting like that.

Ok thats just stupid. mad

im sorry but that is just retarted

Oh and thats not ranting, thats just me pointing out my opinion.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Jubilee will probably own the manhunter. That dude is the biggest jobber I have ever seen in my life.

He has all of Supes's powers pretty much.

and he has telepathy and intangibility and shape shifting.

How is that jobber? confused

DarkCrawler
Jobbing means that you have incredible powers but you don't use them near as good as you could or you don't fight as good as you can against an opponent. Cap and Wolverine have "Jobber Auras". Their enemies usually fight against them stupidly for story purposes.

Grimm22

Why? He has hip powers i'll give him that, its just that he is just such a stupid character.

I mean god he's annoying.

Grimm22
Jobbing means that you have incredible powers but you don't use them near as good as you could or you don't fight as good as you can against an opponent. Cap and Wolverine have "Jobber Auras". Their enemies usually fight against them stupidly for story purposes.

I don't know about Cap, but Wolverine most definitely

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Grimm22r
Ok thats just stupid.

im sorry but that is just retarted

Oh and thats not ranting, thats just me pointing out my opinion..

Why is it retarted ? How is taht stupid? Yes this is your ranting, because you cant back up your opinion with any facts.

You never even READ Dawn, so how can you form any solid opinion? You have every right to your own opinion, but to put it here on the thread WITHOUT backing up your opinon with any facts if giving a FALSE and INVALID argument, so yes its rant.

"It's stupid...it's retarted".......what a GREAT argument. READ Dawn yourself, then you can say "its retarted and stupid" all you want with all the facts backing up your point.

Lord Urizen
BTW , who cares. Gambit is sexy

Big Sexy
Many of Supermans enemies have handed MM his ass without a problem. Which shouldn't happen since his strengths are comparable to where he should be able to beat Superman. For such a strong guy, he gets his ass whooped a lot.

Grimm22
Why is it retarted ? How is taht stupid? Yes this is your ranting, because you cant back up your opinion with any facts.

You never even READ Dawn, so how can you form any solid opinion? You have every right to your own opinion, but to put it here on the thread WITHOUT backing up your opinon with any facts if giving a FALSE and INVALID argument, so yes its rant.

"It's stupid...it's retarted".......what a GREAT argument. READ Dawn yourself, then you can say "its retarted and stupid" all you want with all the facts backing up your point.

Ok um, yeah the book says that god is evilno expression

N'uff Said

Lord Urizen
Again its your religious bias, not comic book logic that you are using.

Youre point is invalid and pure opinion, so it has no place judging my post.

Big Sexy
Understand comic books are
FICTION, fiction means it is not reaaal.
Look at the Da Vinci Code.

Lord Urizen
Big Sexy, was that intended for ME for Grimm?

Cuz ur only proving my point ..... yes

jinzin
fav - zarathos

vs.
least faves - blob, mojo, squrrel girl?

yeah I think zarathos has got this... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Templares
Fave: Helmut Zemo
Hate: teH Jo0k3r

Non-prep: Zemo steps on Joker's face in the most brutal fashion.
Prep: Zemo watches the future and steps on Joker's face in the most brutal fashion.

Big Sexy
Big Sexy, was that intended for ME for Grimm?

Cuz ur only proving my point ..... yes It was for Grimm. I guess he is not going to see the Da Vinci Code.

Lord Urizen
Okay COOL Big Sexy !!!!! wink

Lord Urizen
yeah Grimm was totally involving his religous bias into this.

Ne ways, what right did he have ? It was MY post, my FAV vs my least FAV, i explained to him Dawn's mythos, and he totally disregarded Dawn as "stupid and retarted" without even reading it.

His point has no facts to back it up, pure religious bias, and is totally invalid.

jinzin
Originally posted by Templares
Fave: Helmut Zemo
Hate: teH Jo0k3r

Non-prep: Zemo steps on Joker's face in the most brutal fashion.
Prep: Zemo watches the future and steps on Joker's face in the most brutal fashion.

zarathos walks over to this battle and kills both members just for kicks..

Templares
Originally posted by jinzin
zarathos walks over to this battle and kills both members just for kicks..

Zemo escapes to a parallel dimension with the Joker's stupid, pathetic, bleeding and disfigured face still attached to the soles of his foot.

outarddwarf
Dude, there are so many people juggernaut can do that to. Its not fair to pick on gambit because he is one of them.
yea but you never see him dismissing anyone else with a flick of the fingers or a casual toss. Well, he dismissed thor with a single backhand and one punch sent captan britan a mile but...
oh well!

jinzin
Originally posted by Templares
Zemo escapes to a parallel dimension with the Joker's stupid, pathetic, bleeding and disfigured face still attached to the soles of his foot.

zemo "thinks" he escaped before realizing that zarathos just booted his ass into hell via portal...

Crease

Is this from Image?

DarkCrawler
fav - zarathos

The Ghost Rider demon?

jinzin
The Ghost Rider demon?

yeah... that's the one...

DarkCrawler
Ok. smile

jinzin
lol

Crease
Fav: Thanos of Titan
Least fav: All mutants with incredibly stupid powers.

Knowing that all comic companies change the laws of physics to suit their own purposes (Flash reaching "infinite mass, heroes physically moving the moon, etc), I can still dig the idea of mutation allowing a human to control fundemental forces like weather, magnetism, etc. I can also dig TP and TK. Even healing factors. But mutants that control probablility, shoot bones at foes, warp reality etc ruin a great idea (mutant phenomenon) and caused me to give up on the X books.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, Thanos sits motionless while these weak muties attack him and eventually die of exhaustion.

jinzin
Originally posted by Crease
Fav: Thanos of Titan
Least fav: All mutants with incredibly stupid powers.

Knowing that all comic companies change the laws of physics to suit their own purposes (Flash reaching "infinite mass, heroes physically moving the moon, etc), I can still dig the idea of mutation allowing a human to control fundemental forces like weather, magnetism, etc. I can also dig TP and TK. Even healing factors. But mutants that control probablility, shoot bones at foes, warp reality etc ruin a great idea (mutant phenomenon) and caused me to give up on the X books.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, Thanos sits motionless while these weak muties attack him and eventually die of exhaustion.

zarathos shows up and sends thanos into a hell demension..

outarddwarf
Juggernaut walks up behind zarathos and pops his head like a pimple. Relieves himself of a little flatulence and walks away.

jinzin
zarathos reforms instantly, turns around iradicates juggernaughts skin with hellfire then shoots him down with a penance stare before sending him to the fifth plain for his troubles.. so long juggernaught have a nice da--- ermm I mean eternity...

Grimm22
yeah Grimm was totally involving his religous bias into this.

Ne ways, what right did he have ? It was MY post, my FAV vs my least FAV, i explained to him Dawn's mythos, and he totally disregarded Dawn as "stupid and retarted" without even reading it.

His point has no facts to back it up, pure religious bias, and is totally invalid.

What right do I have? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your posting this so that other people will reply on on it.

Jeese, I think your just overreacting.

Oh and I will see the Da Vinci Code, and im not religious bias, because I think Spawn is a great comic. But, god being evil. I mean c'omon that just stupid

Grimm22
zarathos reforms instantly, turns around iradicates juggernaughts skin with hellfire then shoots him down with a penance stare before sending him to the fifth plain for his troubles.. so long juggernaught have a nice da--- ermm I mean eternity...

Wait is Zarathos the name of the Ghost Rider? confused

Tassadar
Favorite = Alucard
Least Favorite = Pre-Crisis Superman
Pre-Crisis Supes would win though..... sad

Lord Urizen
Grimm, god is not EVIL in Dawn.

the God from DAwn is very similiar to the God from Spawn.

The God from Spawn, if you read current series, abondoned his/her post in Heaven, so Heaven has to defend itself. Spawn, Angela, Mammon, almost every character you can think of CRITISIZES God in Spawn's Universe.

ESPECIALLY SPAWN ..he blames God for all the Univers'e suffering, how God can easily stop all of it, yet he does not. Even COGLIOSTRO insults GOD in this series...and have you ever realized what bullies many of the angels are ? (EX: Tiffany, Gabrielle, the Redeemers etc.)

In Dawn, Ahura Mazda who is God is not "evil" per say. HE is a FRAWD...he is NOT the Supreme Being, he just pretends to be. He is STRICT and NEARLY unforgiving. In fact, he is lovers with Lucifer who he banished to Hell for defying his order to serve and aid mankind.

However, Ahura Mazda (GOD)doesn't care so much for mankind, Dawn cares more for mankind than he does. Ahura Mazda set a million rediculous rules for human beings, and when they do not FEAR him or OBEY those rules, they end up in Hell with Lucifer. No ands , ifs, or buts.

Even Dawn says that God is a bully and has no right to interfere on her world (EArth, she is the EARTH GODDESS).....

do yourself and myself a favor and read titles:

"Lucifer's Halo"

and even better "RETURN OF THE GODDESS", both by Joseph Micheal Linsner.

If you actually read it, you will understand the mythos, and you most probably wont think its "STUPID" or "RETARTED" anymore.

Grimm22
Grimm, god is not EVIL in Dawn.

the God from DAwn is very similiar to the God from Spawn.

The God from Spawn, if you read current series, abondoned his/her post in Heaven, so Heaven has to defend itself. Spawn, Angela, Mammon, almost every character you can think of CRITISIZES God in Spawn's Universe.

ESPECIALLY SPAWN ..he blames God for all the Univers'e suffering, how God can easily stop all of it, yet he does not. Even COGLIOSTRO insults GOD in this series...and have you ever realized what bullies many of the angels are ? (EX: Tiffany, Gabrielle, the Redeemers etc.)

In Dawn, Ahura Mazda who is God is not "evil" per say. HE is a FRAWD...he is NOT the Supreme Being, he just pretends to be. He is STRICT and NEARLY unforgiving. In fact, he is lovers with Lucifer who he banished to Hell for defying his order to serve and aid mankind.

However, Ahura Mazda (GOD)doesn't care so much for mankind, Dawn cares more for mankind than he does. Ahura Mazda set a million rediculous rules for human beings, and when they do not FEAR him or OBEY those rules, they end up in Hell with Lucifer. No ands , ifs, or buts.

Even Dawn says that God is a bully and has no right to interfere on her world (EArth, she is the EARTH GODDESS).....

do yourself and myself a favor and read titles:

"Lucifer's Halo"

and even better "RETURN OF THE GODDESS", both by Joseph Micheal Linsner.

If you actually read it, you will understand the mythos, and you most probably wont think its "STUPID" or "RETARTED" anymore.

Ok, some may find that to be a good story but to me I just cant find that to be interesting.

Sorry wink

Lord Urizen
I didn't ask you whether or not you would find it interesting. I only asked you to read it, since it would make the story better sense to you, but whatever u dont have 2.

I only responded to the fact that you called a really intelligently written and beaufitul story "stupid" and "retarted"

You have no right to come to that conclusion when you know NOTHING about it.

If i were to insult the Fantastic Four saying its cheesy, corny, badly written, or whatever....and i dont even READ the series, then how the fck could i form an opinion about it and then argue it on a thread against someone who DOES know all about FF ?

That's basically what you did. You make a statement thats based on NO FACT and therefore is INVALID. It was my intepretation that you tried to LESSEN Dawn's validity in my opinion by saying "thats stupid" "thats retarted" and you dont even KNOW wat ur talkn about

Can you understand my reasons for my argument against you ?

Grimm22
I didn't ask you whether or not you would find it interesting. I only asked you to read it, since it would make the story better sense to you, but whatever u dont have 2.

I only responded to the fact that you called a really intelligently written and beaufitul story "stupid" and "retarted"

You have no right to come to that conclusion when you know NOTHING about it.

If i were to insult the Fantastic Four saying its cheesy, corny, badly written, or whatever....and i dont even READ the series, then how the fck could i form an opinion about it and then argue it on a thread against someone who DOES know all about FF ?

That's basically what you did. You make a statement thats based on NO FACT and therefore is INVALID. It was my intepretation that you tried to LESSEN Dawn's validity in my opinion by saying "thats stupid" "thats retarted" and you dont even KNOW wat ur talkn about

Can you understand my reasons for my argument against you ?

I really dont care what you think of books I like. You shouldnt care what I think of books you like.

Seriously dude, its not a big deal wink

Lord Urizen
It's not that I care.

It's that your argument was pure opinion, and holds no validity in any argument against me, so whats the point of your post ?

If its JUST to say your opinion then whatever, but it proves nothing AGAINST Dawn or any point i made ....... What the f**k?

Grimm22
It's not that I care.

It's that your argument was pure opinion, and holds no validity in any argument against me, so whats the point of your post ?

If its JUST to say your opinion then whatever, but it proves nothing AGAINST Dawn or any point i made ....... What the f**k?

Im just saying that I think its stupid that a story would portray god like that ok.

Jeese

28Dave37
favsadi really like alot of heroes i have a tight top five but no contest) BATMAN
least fav: would have to be FANBOYS......SELF EXPLANITORY
THE battyman owns...

Grimm22
Originally posted by 28Dave37

THE battyman owns...

...a bank laughing

Lord Urizen
Im just saying that I think its stupid that a story would portray god like that ok.

Jeese

Again your opinion, possibly supported by religious bodies, a LOT of stories, including Saint of Killers, EVEN SPAWN portrays God in a similiar way.

I guess you must think that ANYTHING that portrays God in a way you don't like is stupid, therefore should be disregarded.

Sorry you feel that way. You're missing out on great literary works bcuz of your bias.

jinzin
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wait is Zarathos the name of the Ghost Rider? confused

kinda... he's like GR on major steroids...

totally indestrucible he can only be contained or beaten by his own weapon (a golden medallion which he instilled a large portion of his own power into)...

jinzin
Originally posted by Tassadar
Favorite = Alucard
Least Favorite = Pre-Crisis Superman
Pre-Crisis Supes would win though..... sad

a couple more victims for zarathos' hell demension trauma.....

Grimm22

Jeese

Again your opinion, possibly supported by religious bodies, a LOT of stories, including Saint of Killers, EVEN SPAWN portrays God in a similiar way.

I guess you must think that ANYTHING that portrays God in a way you don't like is stupid, therefore should be disregarded.

Sorry you feel that way. You're missing out on great literary works bcuz of your bias.

Ok then roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
Ok then big grin

Comicbook_kid
Favorite = Thor

Least Favorite = Night Thrasher

Ummmm confused ....this is gonna be a close one..... laughing

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

jinzin
thor gets blasted with hellfire and then zarathos eats night trasher.

thor blasts zarathos with godblast but then zarathos reforms instantly and makes the earth swallow thor.... so long thor..

willRules

I don't like him, but I'm not jealous of a fictional character laughing

I just think he is too much of a stereotypical, cocky character whose powers aren't that cool anyway........................

willRules

Jeese

No offence to these "great works of literature" (cos you clearly aren't biased either roll eyes (sarcastic) ), but read the Bible if you want to read an interesting book. Don't get me wrong I love comics and own hundreds of them, but they aren't works of art, they are just small forms of fictional entertainment, nothing compared to great books like the Bible which is believed by many to be based on actual events ..............

Lord Urizen
No offence to these "great works of literature" (cos you clearly aren't biased either ), but read the Bible if you want to read an interesting book. Don't get me wrong I love comics and own hundreds of them, but they aren't works of art, they are just small forms of fictional entertainment, nothing compared to great books like the Bible which is believed by many to be based on actual events ..............

1) I DO read the Bible. It's full of numerous contradictions and patriarichal testiment. Yeah it has its upsides, but it has plenty of downsides as well. In fact both Spawn and Dawn bases a lot of thier mythos on the contradictions of the Bible, and the stories of Armageddon. I do read the Bible, thank you very much. You're right, it is very interesting, but nothing I take seriously.

2) Comic books ARE works of art. Any literary form of entertainment is a work of art. I attend the SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS in New York City, and they have a major dedicated to just creating comic books. Read NEW YORK TIMES, i 4get what issue, they say comic books are actually being noticed as true forms of art rather than just "children's books".

IN FACT bro, its ADULTS that actually READ comic books more than children and teenagers do.

So get your assumptions straight.

3) If you actually READ Dawn series, you will see that it's not like other comic books at all. It is very intelligently written, beautifully drawn (in fact every panel is a painting), and is based on numerous types of religion, philosophies and sciences.

READ IT FIRST before you make any assumptions. Dawn is NOT the "super hero saving the day" comic book. It's so much more than that.

4) Are you tryign to say that the Bible is a work of art? IF that's the case, then you are suggesting that the Bible isn't real. If you DO beleive in the Bible, then you cannot call it artwork, you have to beleive its non fiction.

However, the Bible you read leaves out so many things. Watch HISTORY CHANNEL bro, have you ever heard of the Gospel of Tomas ? The Gospel of JUDAS himself? Have you ANY IDEA what theological information has NOT been included in the Bible ?

do you fully understand how the Bible DEMEANS the roles of women in society? How it says SLAVERY is okay? How it condemns homosexual behavior ? How it contradicts itself by saying "Thou shalt not kill...yet God wanted the Isrealites to slaughter pagan women and children ??????????

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE BIBLE PREACHES ?

no you must not, i bet you yourself don't even read it.

PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT before you make such statements dude.

DarkCrawler
Wow...this is as off-topic as it can get. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Hmmm...at the risk of pushing this further off topic, it's actually a valid discussion.

First off, though, let me say this: Keep the Bible out of it. You can mention great works of literature without straying into religion. And the mere mention of religion stirs controversy that isn't needed in a discussion about comics.

If that continues, I'll be forced to close this.

Now, onto other things.

I remember reading an article Stan Lee once wrote in defense of comics as a viable art form. In it, he pointed to the fact that like any great novel, play, etc. comics use characters, plot, the written word, as well as visual arts to convey their meaning. The effect is one that can actually be as complex (if not moreso) as mediums that only use one of these (art and/or written word). And it's unfortunate that comics often get the "childish" rap in popular culture, but they're capable of a lot more.

I'd point to Neil Gaiman's Sandman series or anything Alan Moore has ever done as prime examples of this, as they are as rich in imagery, metaphor, meaning, and purpose as any great novel I've read or movie I've seen....perhaps moreso because they have the potential to be ongoing works with the ability to cover more topics than a 400 pg. book or a 2-hour movie.

Grimm22
No offence to these "great works of literature" (cos you clearly aren't biased either roll eyes (sarcastic) ), but read the Bible if you want to read an interesting book. Don't get me wrong I love comics and own hundreds of them, but they aren't works of art, they are just small forms of fictional entertainment, nothing compared to great books like the Bible which is believed by many to be based on actual events ..............

Im going to have to disagree with you here stick out tongue

Comic Books are art.

To denie that is as stupid as Roger Ebert saying that Video Games arent art. wink

Big Sexy
No offence to these "great works of literature" (cos you clearly aren't biased either ), but read the Bible if you want to read an interesting book. Don't get me wrong I love comics and own hundreds of them, but they aren't works of art, they are just small forms of fictional entertainment, nothing compared to great books like the Bible which is believed by many to be based on actual events ..............

1) I DO read the Bible. It's full of numerous contradictions and patriarichal testiment. Yeah it has its upsides, but it has plenty of downsides as well. In fact both Spawn and Dawn bases a lot of thier mythos on the contradictions of the Bible, and the stories of Armageddon. I do read the Bible, thank you very much. You're right, it is very interesting, but nothing I take seriously.

2) Comic books ARE works of art. Any literary form of entertainment is a work of art. I attend the SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS in New York City, and they have a major dedicated to just creating comic books. Read NEW YORK TIMES, i 4get what issue, they say comic books are actually being noticed as true forms of art rather than just "children's books".

IN FACT bro, its ADULTS that actually READ comic books more than children and teenagers do.

So get your assumptions straight.

3) If you actually READ Dawn series, you will see that it's not like other comic books at all. It is very intelligently written, beautifully drawn (in fact every panel is a painting), and is based on numerous types of religion, philosophies and sciences.

READ IT FIRST before you make any assumptions. Dawn is NOT the "super hero saving the day" comic book. It's so much more than that.

4) Are you tryign to say that the Bible is a work of art? IF that's the case, then you are suggesting that the Bible isn't real. If you DO beleive in the Bible, then you cannot call it artwork, you have to beleive its non fiction.

However, the Bible you read leaves out so many things. Watch HISTORY CHANNEL bro, have you ever heard of the Gospel of Tomas ? The Gospel of JUDAS himself? Have you ANY IDEA what theological information has NOT been included in the Bible ?

do you fully understand how the Bible DEMEANS the roles of women in society? How it says SLAVERY is okay? How it condemns homosexual behavior ? How it contradicts itself by saying "Thou shalt not kill...yet God wanted the Isrealites to slaughter pagan women and children ??????????

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE BIBLE PREACHES ?

no you must not, i bet you yourself don't even read it.

PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT before you make such statements dude.
Those are some of the many inconsistencies with the Bible. I understand exactly what you mean. As a person of faith, I want to believe in all of the scripts of the bible its just there are too many problems with the book. Why are books like the book of enoch taken out while others remain. What bothers be is that the Catholic chuch seems to have just chosen what they want from a number of books. As a person of faith, I just stick to my belief that there is more to us than flesh and bone but its hard to cling to a book that seems unsure of itself. Books like the book of revelation have been sited to have come from eras where the authors own personal biases comes out in the writing rather than the word of God. Why is the "eye for an Eye" statement made but then negated in the new testament. To many inconsistencies for one not to question it. Still I find that if you are comfortable with your personal relationship with God, works of fiction should not be so bad to read.
Anyway,thats off topic
Fav Silver Surfer
Least Beast
Well we know the answer to this.

DigiMark007
Those are some of the many inconsistencies with the Bible. I understand exactly what you mean. As a person of faith, I want to believe in all of the scripts of the bible its just there are too many problems with the book. Why are books like the book of enoch taken out while others remain. What bothers be is that the Catholic chuch seems to have just chosen what they want from a number of books. As a person of faith, I just stick to my belief that there is more to us than flesh and bone but its hard to cling to a book that seems unsure of itself. Books like the book of revelation have been sited to have come from eras where the authors own personal biases comes out in the writing rather than the word of God. Why is the "eye for an Eye" statement made but then negated in the new testament. To many inconsistencies for one not to question it. Still I find that if you are comfortable with your personal relationship with God, works of fiction should not be so bad to read.

erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.