onslaught vs. superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spawnrules
hmmmm sho would win

Xplosive
Onslaught

DrDoom101
Do you know nothing about onslaught? i mean, just look at him.

http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/pictures/reqs/on.jpg
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/pictures/reqs/ONS.jpg
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/pictures/reqs/onslaught.jpg

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: Onslaught possessed the combined mutant abilities of his progenitors Professor X and Magneto. He could induce illusions, temporary mental or physical paralysis, loss of specific memories, or total amnesia; project mind-numbing mental bolts; and sense the presence of mutants within a small radius. Also, Onslaught was able to shape and manipulate magnetic fields, both natural and artificial. Using his powers to augment his strength, he could lift up to 100 tons. Other abilities included telekinesis and astral projection.

Spawnrules
dude take it easy onslaught got defeated by the hulk i wanted to see how strong he is when facing superman

wolverine8888
no he did not get defeated by the hulk. by the way it was combind effort of almost all of amrvels heros to get hulk in there . also that version and power of hulk was far stronger then superman in prue strength. superman will get raped.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Spawnrules
dude take it easy onslaught got defeated by the hulk i wanted to see how strong he is when facing superman

Hulk beat him? when? do you have scans of it?

wolverine8888
he talken about when hulk cracked his armor

DrDoom101
im curious, is his armor metal?

wolverine8888
no it made from his mental powers

severance
didn't professor x switch off the hulks human side so he was all HULk. The rest of the heroes then stood well back while Hulk went bugsh*t on Onslaught. This cracked the armour but banner na dhulk were spearated by the trauma. I dont think superman could do that to the Hulk

leonheartmm
that hulk was mindless hulk, the strongest form of hulk with truly infinite strength, and it took most of marvel earth to get him there, and even then all that he did was destroy onslaught's armour, after which onslaught became an energy being even stronger than he was in his physical form, also after rippin the armour, the explosion seperated mindless hulk from banner!

BlaqChaos
Onslaught shuts down Superman's mind, end of fight.

Juntai
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Onslaught shuts down Superman's mind, end of fight. Except that . .Superman's Kryptonian mind would take too long to conquer. Despero couldn't do it.. it took Maxwell Lord YEARS to break down his defenses enough.

DrDoom101
Superman's mind is not immune to psionic attacks. Onslaught blasts a mental bolt, and he goes way down

Juntai
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Superman's mind is not immune to psionic attacks. Onslaught blasts a mental bolt, and he goes way down Superman would have already split his armor by this time.
He couldn't neccisarily beat the energy inside, but he could definately easily do what hulk did, and rip his armor apart.

Also, show me a psionic mental bolt downing Superman. Because there's many comics of telepaths complaining about Superman's advanced mind.

jplatinum
I remember those comic covers.

I like the dc versus marvel #1 comic covers too.

Anyway, Onslaught easy.
Only hulk could even get close enough to fight him and beat him.
Every other superbeing was so weak in comparison that they couldn't even get through onslaught's mentally project storm to have a chance at fighting him.

You'd be better off making this a versus Hulk forum.

Superman is cool, but power wise Hulk is unlimited.

Hulk is a bigger threat to onslaught, unless superman is fighting him on the sun.

Xplosive
Originally posted by jplatinum
but power wise Hulk is unlimited.

I dont think so, far from that. There is so many beings that could tear Onslaught armor and Superman is one of them. But I agree, I think Onslaught would win, maybe even easily.

Mainstream
Onslaught is the pimp with the unbreakable grip mess with him and get pimp slapped quick.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman would have already split his armor by this time.
He couldn't neccisarily beat the energy inside, but he could definately easily do what hulk did, and rip his armor apart.

Also, show me a psionic mental bolt downing Superman. Because there's many comics of telepaths complaining about Superman's advanced mind.

Actually too many DC telepaths really need to practice more. If he does get his armor off, then it's a battle between Superman and pure Psionic Energy. Superman still goes down.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Actually too many DC telepaths really need to practice more. If he does get his armor off, it a battle between Superman and pure Psionic Energy. Superman still goes down. Well, Superman can't really fight pure energy, I don't think. But he could easily get his armor broke....
Of course, Superman could always light speed to the Fortress and back, where he surely has something that could do the trick. lol.

TheKahn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_%28comics%29

Superman gets owned quick.
Even if he can crack Onslaught's armor, that just makes him MORE powerful. And nobody has stated how Superman could even hurt him.

Mainstream
Originally posted by TheKahn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_%28comics%29

Superman gets owned quick.
Even if he can crack Onslaught's armor, that just makes him MORE powerful. And nobody has stated how Superman could even hurt him.

Superman could give Onslaught a "super speech" that could bore OS to death lol.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mainstream
Superman could give Onslaught a "super speech" that could bore OS to death lol.

Or use his heat vision to make Onslaught uncomforable warm?

superman302
lol this is a terrible match up, first off superman has been mind controlled by the like of posion ivy, onslaught would mind wipe him so bad. The only reason hulk was able to stand up to onslaught is because his mind is so split and messed up its about impossible to mess with it.

Swanky-Tuna
Is this reality warping Onslaught?

Originally posted by severance
didn't professor x switch off the hulks human side so he was all HULk. The rest of the heroes then stood well back while Hulk went bugsh*t on Onslaught. This cracked the armour but banner na dhulk were spearated by the trauma. I dont think superman could do that to the Hulk
Jean did it I think. And yes, Hulk ruined Onslaught's armor with his anger but it only made him stronger.

kgkg
Well, Superman can't really fight pure energy, I don't think. But he could easily get his armor broke....
Of course, Superman could always light speed to the Fortress and back, where he surely has something that could do the trick. lol.
Easily?

That would mean you are comparing Superman's strength to A hulk mentally helped to reach that level?

there is a reason why Hulk was the one that broke it. because he has no limits in terms of Physical power.

and he didn't do it himself ( he had mental help) building his anger

Wickerman
Assuming Superman CAN indeed break Onslaught's armor.....then what does he do? Also, is this xavier + magneto OS or xavier + magneto + nate grey OS or xavier + magneto + nate grey + franklin richards second sun making OS?

~wickerman~

Juntai
Originally posted by superman302
lol this is a terrible match up, first off superman has been mind controlled by the like of posion ivy, onslaught would mind wipe him so bad. The only reason hulk was able to stand up to onslaught is because his mind is so split and messed up its about impossible to mess with it. Poison ivy's mind control isnt psionic, it's herbalic.. is that a word? metahumans with mental power have great difficulty attacking Superman mentally.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wickerman
Assuming Superman CAN indeed break Onslaught's armor.....then what does he do? Also, is this xavier + magneto OS or xavier + magneto + nate grey OS or xavier + magneto + nate grey + franklin richards second sun making OS?

~wickerman~ That's what I'm saying, he'd have no way to deal with the energy, save running to the fortress of solitude or something.

TheKahn

~wickerman~

wet his tights

Mainstream
Poison ivy's mind control isnt psionic, it's herbalic.. is that a word? metahumans with mental power have great difficulty attacking Superman mentally.

but Onslaught is more than just a metahuman...he's a legend lol

Juntai
Originally posted by Mainstream
but Onslaught is more than just a metahuman...he's a legend lol lmao

Wickerman
Originally posted by TheKahn
wet his tights

so THAT's why Booster Gold has that outfit eek! It doesn't show when he wets himself eek!

~wickerman~

wolverine8888
unslaught>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>thor
super man is barly better then thor so logically superman gets killed wick wicked easiliy.

TheKahn
so THAT's why Booster Gold has that outfit eek! It doesn't show when he wets himself eek!

~wickerman~

Which happens quite often

the Darkone
Onslaught will mind rape him in sec, Onslaught cen increase his mentals powers making them even stronger. Superman desn't have a chance in hell, Onslaught will own him in every department.

Onslaugt wins 10/10 in his sleep.

Avalonofthewind
Torquasm Vo all the way for Supes once he gets through the armor.

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Torquasm Vo all the way for Supes once he gets through the armor. lmfao.

Wickerman
Torquasm Vo all the way for Supes once he gets through the armor.

Apparently i'm impervious to subtlety tonight. Please explain what this means embarrasment

~wickerman~

Avalonofthewind
Apparently i'm impervious to subtlety tonight. Please explain what this means embarrasment

~wickerman~

What is Torquasm-Vo?

Torquasm-Vo is an ancient Kryptonian mental/fighting discipline that allows a master to allow their consciousness to rise into a higher state and fight opponents on a mental plane. Superman is currently attempting to master this technique.

He's currently beaten:

Dominus
Eradicator
Satannus

with this "mental" fighting ability. I wish the writers would go into more detail with it though. At least it's obvious it isn't just against other kryptonians he can use this against.

Wickerman
What is Torquasm-Vo?

Torquasm-Vo is an ancient Kryptonian mental/fighting discipline that allows a master to allow their consciousness to rise into a higher state and fight opponents on a mental plane. Superman is currently attempting to master this technique.

He's currently beaten:

Dominus
Eradicator
Satannus

with this "mental" fighting ability. I wish the writers would go into more detail with it though. At least it's obvious it isn't just against other kryptonians he can use this against.

This would be like a psychic battle, or like a battle in "astral" form? As in the consciousness takes an astral form (just like his body) in the astral plane and beats on people?

(thanks for the info wink )

~wickerman~

Juntai

~wickerman~ Kryptonians have metnals powers as well.. Torqasm Vo, Torqasm Rao, and I think there's one or two more.. as well they are particularly immune to mental attacks and dominate powers, it took Maxwell Lord years to break down Supes like he did, assuming that he started back when he was part of the JLA and by years, I'm talking that was like... 1992 or something.

Wickerman
Kryptonians have metnals powers as well.. Torqasm Vo, Torqasm Rao, and I think there's one or two more.. as well they are particularly immune to mental attacks and dominate powers, it took Maxwell Lord years to break down Supes like he did, assuming that he started back when he was part of the JLA and by years, I'm talking that was like... 1992 or something.

thanks for the info also smile

~wickerman~

yahman
He can break the armour !!!!!!!!!!1

He cannot win the fight !!!!!!! wink

Avalonofthewind
This would be like a psychic battle, or like a battle in "astral" form? As in the consciousness takes an astral form (just like his body) in the astral plane and beats on people?

(thanks for the info wink )

~wickerman~

Not a problem. People forget about this ability since he seldom uses it.
Here is a scan of him fighting Dominus in the astral plane. Supes has gotten much better with it since then...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/mindrealm.jpg

superman302
Poison ivy's mind control isnt psionic, it's herbalic.. is that a word? metahumans with mental power have great difficulty attacking Superman mentally.

Dude you do realize that the leader of check mate mind controlled superman also, im sure that a being with the combined powers of xavier and nathan could also.

Juntai
Yeah, Superman's willpower is nearly infinite^^^ It's the strongest in the universe.

Also.

long pig
-sigh-

Torqasm Vo isn't an option unless Onslaught allows Superman to connect to his mind and then battle there.

Superman can't force Torqasm Vo, it has to be willingly accepted by the opponent.

Juntai
Originally posted by superman302
Dude you do realize that the leader of check mate mind controlled superman also, im sure that a being with the combined powers of xavier and nathan could also. It only took Max 15 real life years to do it too.

long pig
Grodd gave Superman a mental whammy before.

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Grodd gave Superman a mental whammy before. Recently? As in, after OWAW?
Or are you talking about "faster than a speeding bullet" "Able to lift large houses" Superman of the early 90's?

K3VIL
Manchester Black gaved Supes a stroke, Onslaught can do the same.

Juntai
Originally posted by K3VIL
Manchester Black gaved Supes a stroke, Onslaught can do the same. Manchester also one of the most powerful psychics in the world. Superman also against The Elite and Manchester during their Live Television Battle..started moving too fast for Manchester mental abilities to even register/effect or read him. He could do the same to Onslaught.

the Darkone
Onslaught will mind f**k him to death.

gobstakid777
onlsluaght too easily

Mshinu
Onslaught in a SpiteStomp

Warlord
Onslaught for the mindrape

Survivor19
Strange...
I mean, Doctor Polaris has one-shotted Supes on the Pole.
Magneto > Polaris
Onslaught > Magneto, due to Nate Grey/franklin Richards energies backing him up
Why do you really think Supes will get the chance to lay a finger on Onslaught's armor?

Spire
When did Polaris one shot Supes?

The Nuul
Onslaught stomps.

Ryonslaught
Originally posted by the Darkone

laughing dude that sums it up perfectly laughing

Galvaclaw
Originally posted by the Darkone

Onslaughts telepathic powers don't work on an aliens. This was shown during the fantastic four tie in where Lyla the skrull was uneffected and Onslaught was forced to physically engage her.

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Onslaughts telepathic powers don't work on an aliens. This was shown during the fantastic four tie in where Lyla the skrull was uneffected and Onslaught was forced to physically engage her.

Or it could be that they just don't work on Skrulls. Shapeshifters have commonly shown telepathic resistance. Such as Mystique.

Spire
Edit.

Galvaclaw
It was spesifically stated it was aliens not her Skrull heritage. Besides Superman has better mental resistance feats than any skrull.

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
It was spesifically stated it was aliens not her Skrull heritage. Besides Superman has better mental resistance feats than any skrull.

I don't remember it saying that spacifically it was because she was an alien. As I said Mystique is also highly resistant to telepathy because of her shapshifting nature.

Has Superman ever been controlled mentally? Didn't Dominus mess with his mind?

This has a good list of his powers:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Onslaught_(Psychic_Entity)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.