Who was Gwen Stacy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ricardogd
All i know is that she got killed by either Doc Ock or one of the Green Goblins.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ricardogd
All i know is that she got killed by either Doc Ock or one of the Green Goblins.

ok, in the comics, Gwen Stacy was the girl the peter first fell in love with. She was nice and stuff. Then Green Goblin showed up, and you know, he threw her off a bridge. Spiderman tried to save her by shooting a strand of webbing to slow of descent, but then when he gets a hold of her, her neck was snapped, possibly because of him, resulting in why he wants to be spiderman no more

Ricardogd
Ok. Thanks. I need to read more of the earlier comics.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Ricardogd

Doc Ock was involved in her father's death-Captain George Stacy.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Doc Ock was involved in her father's death-Captain George Stacy.

theres a cheat code for the spiderman 1 game, captainstacy...

...spiderman being the reason for gwens death takes a REAL toll on him...more than, not gettin what he wants(sp2)

Lord Magnus
She's kinda still alive... she was cloned and now she's married to a reformed clone of the evil villain that cloned her... they should bring her back as a villain or something so they can get rid of her once and for all

spencerspider
really? wow i didnt know that.

Doc Ock
The clone is dead.

spencerspider
o..

Sparkz
Another theory Parker came up with for her death was the shock of being knocked off the bridge killed her, but thats just probaly him being in denial that his attempt to save her killed her.

Next Venom_girl
Yet another theory is that Gwen was already dead before the bridge scene ever occured. That Norman snapped her neck earlier and then threw her corpse off the bridge. But again this could be Spidey rationalizing...

Spiderman_RJ
norman killed her, spider broke her neck but she was alread killed by the blast of the pumpkin bomb......i have the original comics, she wakes up and walk near the edge, then norman sees her and drop a granade, when she fall her eyes are closed.

spencerspider
um wow that must suck

Spiderman_RJ
update: what i said is the NEW version they tell, the original comics, i just read...... norman flybly and hit gwen with the glider, bumping her off the bridge dead alread, he even admits it.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
norman killed her, spider broke her neck but she was alread killed by the blast of the pumpkin bomb......i have the original comics, she wakes up and walk near the edge, then norman sees her and drop a granade, when she fall her eyes are closed.

did he hit her with the bomb before spidey got there?

Spiderman_RJ
in the newer history they tell this, but in fact she died of the impact of the glider cos GG fly by her, trowing her off the bridge in the original comics.

Susan-Storm
In a new Comic she Gets Killed by Carnage

In the old one as we all know she got killed by the Green Goblin

Oh poor gwen and please do not ask why i am going to post this

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/IoansGirl/bye.jpg

steverules
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
In a new Comic she Gets Killed by Carnage

You mean in ultimate spider-man, yeah he drains her life force in that one, in the ultimate universe he doesn't have a host and feeds of peoples life force (I think). big grin How does cap Stacy die in the ultimate universe?

Sparkz
Originally posted by steverules
You mean in ultimate spider-man, yeah he drains her life force in that one, in the ultimate universe he doesn't have a host and feeds of peoples life force (I think). big grin How does cap Stacy die in the ultimate universe?

an imposter of spider-man throws a bag of explosives at him.

steverules
Thanx big grin

The Joker#1
Gwen was overrated anyways.

The only major thing she ever did was die.

steverules
That's cause it was so unexpected, it was one on the biggest events in marvel cause it was unexpected, just like dark phoenix that was big cause it unexpected.

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by The Joker#1
Gwen was overrated anyways.

The only major thing she ever did was die.

...and have kids with Norman...

Doc Ock
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
...and have kids with Norman...

The less said about that nonsense the better wink

Herr Logan
Originally posted by Sparkz
Another theory Parker came up with for her death was the shock of being knocked off the bridge killed her, but thats just probaly him being in denial that his attempt to save her killed her.

Actually, that's the theory the Goblin threw at him when he realized Gwen was dead. Peter is more than likely to blame himself for things like this, and it was indeed Spider-Man who hypothesized that he inadvertently killed her in that fashion.

In subsequent situations where civilians and even loved ones were falling from a great height, Spider-Man showed he had learned from his mistake and improved his method so it wasn't deadly to the person falling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.