Link vs. Sonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BanannaNut128
I'm putting my money on Link

bryant.rich
most def...

Sonic x 20
Sonic wins this battle. big grin big grin cool cool

Sonic x 20
Sonic wins this battle. big grin big grin cool cool

Sorry,the computer frozed and I accidentally double posted.

Spelljammer
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Code/7373/Zelda-Gaiden/Bow.gif
I won't be going hungery tonight! *Link steadily readys his arrow with a firm grip, let's loose, and shoots an arrow right in Sonic's butt*
That stupid sprite images where bunch of rings fall from Sonic when he gets hit emerges.
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/sshedgehog/SonicThumbUp.gif
What the **** did you do that for?!
Link: I is hungery, yous is food! Com'ere! *Link starts shooting mutiple arrows but Sonic runs pass them and jumps at Link, his quils sting link in the face and it hurts like a mother. He has no choice but to shield himself from the quil attacks and Sonic skids back sliding with his feet*
Sonic: This guy is a major pain in the ass! *Plucks the arrow from his behind* Litteraly! *Link gets out his sword and starts charging at Sonic wailing it*
Sonic: I have no others options! Time to go Super!
http://tn3.deviantart.com/300W/images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/128/7/c/Super_Sonic_Desktop.png
I hope you enjoyed life on this plain while you could stranger.. because it's about to end.. *Before Sonic could finish his sentence Link's sword slices into his head, a little blood slides down the sword, and Sonic makes that goofy fall sprite image from Sonic 2.*
Later.. As Link is munching on a feast of large roasted hedgehog..
http://www.puffgames.com/megamanflash/megaman.jpg
Your primitive manslaughter of those you don't agree with politicaly is a gross message sent to the youth! Use your words you conservative A-hole! *Links slides out his sword from behind while still munching on a peice of Sonic*
Link: Mother always said I didn't get enough iron in my diet.. *Legend of Zelda music theme plays*

luffyjin
sonic would win though so keep dreaming fanboy

xxxpoppunker182
this has been done before. and link won.

Sonic x 20
Link shoots an arrow at Sonic and it follows him wherever he goes. Sonic ends up behind Link will Link is getting up from the ground and as soon as he turns, Sonic moves out of the way and POW!!!!!!!!!! Link's own arrow hits him in the head. big grin big grin cool cool

Blue Dragon
I think Sonic. I am a fan of both, Link a little more but Sonic is super fast! Link is only a Hyrulian, like human but not. It pains me to say this, but Sonic has it...

Sonic x 20
I don't even think Link can even hit Sonic with an arrow do to his Awesome Speed. big grin big grin cool cool

Celestial
Sonic wins hands down.

Sonic x 20
Indeed. Sonic is the WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin cool cool

Blue Dragon
Sadly yes....whhaaaa, Link! I'm okay! stick out tongue I like Link a little more but ah well, that's life.

DarkC
Sonic. Sonic is way too damn fast for Link.

Sonic x 20
Indeed. Sonic's Speed is the Key to Victory. big grin big grin cool cool

megasonic
LINK VS SONIC
I like them both but I think sonic will win. Becose sonic is faster but link is more equipped with weapons. thumb up thumb up

Shadow x 20
Sonic will just go Hyper on Link's @$$. He'll hit Link 100 times before Link can get a single swing in. Lightspeed attack!!

Hoshi
Link , although sonic maybe too fast for him , link could sense him coming and use his spin attack .If link uses naryu love sonic wont be able to hurt him , He could also use his giant mask or the oni mask to rivalize super sonic.And i think if link hits super sonic with his master sword even the power of the emeralds wouldnt be enough to resist a sword with the power of the gods and sages of hryule.

Shadow x 20
First of all can you prove that Link can sense Sonic coming? And about the Master Sword, that only works if the opponent is evil. Sonic is good and Super Sonic is good and Hyper Sonic is good. The seven Super Emeralds pwn the Master Sword and Fierce Diety Mask

Hoshi
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
First of all can you prove that Link can sense Sonic coming? And about the Master Sword, that only works if the opponent is evil. Sonic is good and Super Sonic is good and Hyper Sonic is good. The seven Super Emeralds pwn the Master Sword and Fierce Diety Mask

In the mangas he already did similar things like sensing the enemy coming , i dont know why it wouldnt wirk in sonic.The master sword can cut only evil , i know sonic isnt evil , but if they are fighting i assume that link is evil for sonic and sonic is evil for link since neither of them would be fighting a good guy.And i believe 7 emeralds arent as powerfull as the master sword and the triforce of courage .

Shadow x 20
Ya see that is where things get stupid. The games are always great but then someone has to make it stupid by making a TV show or a comic book (cough SonicX cough). This is a game thread so let's try to keep the powers to something you seen in a game.
Plus the Chaos Emeralds are empowered by one's heart and determination. The more heart you have the stronger then Emeralds will be.

Blue Dragon
Wow, Hoshi has me more convinced. I love Link as the character but sadly I do still think Sonic...I think, hmm...this is hard. blink Yes, although Sonic is super fast, sometimes he can be too fast & run right into danger.

The Sages, Master Sword & the Triforce are extremely powerful. They are to do with the Gods of Hyrule for crying out loud, something Sonic wouldn't understand (I'm not being funny when I said that, it's just that he wouldn't. He uses speed & Emeralds, he knows about Emeralds but not Gods.)

I don't know if Link can sense dangers & it also depends on which Link. Some of them are really clumsy like Wind Waker & Ocarina of Time Link. Which Link? There are loads? First Link? Second? Fifth? OoT Link? WW Link? Twilight Princess Link? erm

Shadow x 20
How can the Master Sword be stronger then the Super Emeralds? The Super Emeralds have unlimited energy. You cannot beat unlimited energy. Hyper Sonic pwns.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Hoshi
In the mangas he already did similar things like sensing the enemy coming , i dont know why it wouldnt wirk in sonic.The master sword can cut only evil , i know sonic isnt evil , but if they are fighting i assume that link is evil for sonic and sonic is evil for link since neither of them would be fighting a good guy.And i believe 7 emeralds arent as powerfull as the master sword and the triforce of courage . I'm going to have to disagree with that. Aren't the Chaos Emeralds supposed to possess an infinite amount of energy. I'd say 7 of those should be quite a bit more powerful than the Master Sword and a piece of the Triforce.

Shadow x 20
A lot more. How can something beat infinite power?

Lord Ryugen
If all seven emeralds are gathered together they are capable of releasing an infinate amount of power, in comparison the triforce and master sword don't really amount to much. Sonic wins.

Shadow x 20
Everyone but Hoshi has agreed that Sonic could win.

megasonic
I am going with SHADOW X 20! thumb up evil face mad Happy Dance alien rock smart

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Wow, Hoshi has me more convinced. I love Link as the character but sadly I do still think Sonic...I think, hmm...this is hard. blink Yes, although Sonic is super fast, sometimes he can be too fast & run right into danger.

The Sages, Master Sword & the Triforce are extremely powerful. They are to do with the Gods of Hyrule for crying out loud, something Sonic wouldn't understand (I'm not being funny when I said that, it's just that he wouldn't. He uses speed & Emeralds, he knows about Emeralds but not Gods.)

I don't know if Link can sense dangers & it also depends on which Link. Some of them are really clumsy like Wind Waker & Ocarina of Time Link. Which Link? There are loads? First Link? Second? Fifth? OoT Link? WW Link? Twilight Princess Link? erm
Well let's see how well the Sages, Master Sword, and Triforce.
1.) Sages: What have they done expect seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm which at first they needed Ganon to be weakened. Looks like their not that powerful and they need the seventh sage, Zelda to even use their powers to seal Ganon.
2.) Master Sword: Powerful yes but how well hasit done. Fight an Iron Knuckle, the Master Sword couldn't cut through its armor or any weapons for that matter let alot a Skeletor's shield so the Master Sword doesn't give Link much an edge here.
3.) Triforce: It grants one's deepest wish. It never gave Link invinciblity powers or anything. The Triforce only grants one's deepest wish.

And for the concept on Sonic going to fast he runs into danger that's the gamer that gets Sonic running off a ledge for you are controling Sonic. Sonic can move very fast and has relfexes to match. Not to mention the 7 Chaos Emeralds gives Sonic super sonic speed and he becomes invinicble.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Well let's see how well the Sages, Master Sword, and Triforce.
1.) Sages: What have they done expect seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm which at first they needed Ganon to be weakened. Looks like their not that powerful and they need the seventh sage, Zelda to even use their powers to seal Ganon.
2.) Master Sword: Powerful yes but how well hasit done. Fight an Iron Knuckle, the Master Sword couldn't cut through its armor or any weapons for that matter let alot a Skeletor's shield so the Master Sword doesn't give Link much an edge here.
3.) Triforce: It grants one's deepest wish. It never gave Link invinciblity powers or anything. The Triforce only grants one's deepest wish.

And for the concept on Sonic going to fast he runs into danger that's the gamer that gets Sonic running off a ledge for you are controling Sonic. Sonic can move very fast and has relfexes to match. Not to mention the 7 Chaos Emeralds gives Sonic super sonic speed and he becomes invinicble. If Link gets the complete Triforce in this fight, he might be able to wish away Super Sonic, but he'd never get the chance. Super Sonic could KO him before he could speak a word.

Blue Dragon
A wisi is a wish, he could be invinsible if he wanted; Ganon wants the Triforce to take over Hyrule. The Gods don't judge on good/evil, they only make wishes come true

Sages are still very powerful. Okay so they need Zelda, so what? Still powerful. It does get through the armor, just need to attack right. Since it's against Sonic, there is no concern here.

Sonic won't become Super Sonic, that only happens when he has all the Emeralds. This is just an ordinary fight. He won't have the Emeralds. He's got to take them with him.

But since Sonic is super fast, then Sonic has it.

Shadow x 20
Super Sonic takes on missiles and beams. Not to mention Link (in OoT and MM) never had the entire Triforce for Zelda had Wisdom and Ganondorf had Power and all Link had was Courage.

swedish_bum
TRUE

Sonic x 20
SuperSonic had Half of the Chaos Emeralds Power and still Defeated Perfect Chaos. Sonic is Even More Invincible when he is HyperSonic and in both Forms, he can Run on Water. I think SuperSonic can Shoot Out Beams as well. One of the Great Feast that Sonic has Done was stop Space Colony Ark from Landing on Earth with Shadow.

IcePunk
You mean crashing on earth, right?

Shadow x 20
Landing, crashing. Basically the same thing since they both need ground to do it with. Not to mention that Sonic defeated the Gizoid when it had the 7 Chaos Emeralds.

Sonic x 20
Sonic also Defeated the Metal Overlord with Tails and Knuckles. big grin big grin cool cool

Shadow x 20
The strongest thing Link defeated was Ganon who Perfect Chaos, Finalhazard, and Metal Overlord would pwn

Thunder Fox
sonic links abilities are basicly to defeate only those impure like ganondorf and majora's mask master sword would lose seeing as it is only useful against evil the 'the sword of evil's bane' or something like that sorry if i repeated anything

Shadow x 20
Sonic pwns

Shadow x 20
Even if it is Oni-Link vs. Hyper Sonic, Hyper Sonic is faster, stronger, and invincible.

http://students.thiel.edu/acosentino/images/_Oni%20link.jpg

http://stargurl870.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hyper_sonic.jpg

IcePunk
cool pics

Blue Dragon
There's a Hyper Sonic? Thought there was only a Super Sonic! I'm ashamed to call myself a huge Sonic fan... sad Where has Hyper Sonic appeared? confused

Shadow x 20
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 with Sonic & Knuckles attached. Collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds and they can become the 7 Super Emeralds and Sonic can become Hyper Sonic.

Thunder Fox
yep but in the game he flashed of the colors of the chaos emerald hovered when "running"

Shadow x 20
Super Sonic also hovers while running. Plus Hyper Sonic has a double jump attack that will cause a flash destroying every enemy on screen

Clack
Link freezes time (which proves Sonic's speed will do Sonic no good in this fight) and kills Sonic with a single light arrow. P-w-n-e-d. Sonic CANNOT beat Link. I am quite surprised Sonic is winning in this poll.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
There's a Hyper Sonic? Thought there was only a Super Sonic! I'm ashamed to call myself a huge Sonic fan... sad Where has Hyper Sonic appeared? confused

Hyper Sonic has appeared once before, but he's likely non-canon.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Clack
Link freezes time (which proves Sonic's speed will do Sonic no good in this fight) and kills Sonic with a single light arrow. P-w-n-e-d. Sonic CANNOT beat Link. I am quite surprised Sonic is winning in this poll. You and your unnecessary bumps of old threads can go away. uhuh

AthenasTrgrFngr
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Hyper Sonic has appeared once before, but he's likely non-canon.

ermm

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
ermm

Well, we'll see once Sonic the Hedgehog 4 comes out.
Sonic uses his Super Sonic form, not his Hyper form in the final battle against Robotnik, I think.

EDIT: Turns out he uses his Hyper form. >__>

Project Termina
Listen, all of you people defending Sonic have probably never played a LoZ before. Link possesses the ability to control time. As clack said, if Link froze the world around him, Sonic's speed would not really have much effect, would it? Then Link would have as many ways to kill Sonic as he wanted, and Sonic would have no power whatsoever.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Project Termina
Listen, all of you people defending Sonic have probably never played a LoZ before. Link possesses the ability to control time. As clack said, if Link froze the world around him, Sonic's speed would not really have much effect, would it? Then Link would have as many ways to kill Sonic as he wanted, and Sonic would have no power whatsoever. Link can slow time, not freeze it altogether. Go away.

The Scenario
Well, he could freeze time in Phantom Hourglass...

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Project Termina
Listen, all of you people defending Sonic have probably never played a LoZ before. Link possesses the ability to control time. As clack said, if Link froze the world around him, Sonic's speed would not really have much effect, would it? Then Link would have as many ways to kill Sonic as he wanted, and Sonic would have no power whatsoever.

I've played more Zelda games than Sonic games plus bashed the latter and even I know Link isn't going to last against Sonic.

BTW, Sonic has time-control as well via a Chaos Emerald.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I've played more Zelda games than Sonic games plus bashed the latter and even I know Link isn't going to last against Sonic.

BTW, Sonic has time-control as well via a Chaos Emerald. That's not actually time control it's more like extreme speed. Not going to argue a thread from 2005 but I can tell you reasons your opinions are not fact.
1. They're generally wrong.
2. Stop bashing win characters. Originally posted by The Scenario
Well, he could freeze time in Phantom Hourglass... Ohyeah, meh.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That's not actually time control it's more like extreme speed. For all practical purposes they are the same thing in this case. no expression

Time practically stops when using a Chaos Emerald.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
For all practical purposes they are the same thing in this case. no expression

Time practically stops when using a Chaos Emerald. Practicly, but not entirely, which is different against a fast enough opponent and things. I beleive there wasan instance in Sonic sometime where this was an important detail.

NemeBro
Practicly, but not entirely, which is different against a fast enough opponent and things. I beleive there wasan instance in Sonic sometime where this was an important detail. The same way time slowing would be utterly useless against the Flash (In most cases), because even slowed down, he is probably far too fast for you.

Time slowing and super speed both have pretty much the same effect, only one makes you faster, the other makes everything else slower.

ScreamPaste
The same way time slowing would be utterly useless against the Flash (In most cases), because even slowed down, he is probably far too fast for you.

Time slowing and super speed both have pretty much the same effect, only one makes you faster, the other makes everything else slower. Yeah, but a total stop would be useful against the flash, which is why I made the distinction. uhuh

NemeBro
Not really, considering going FTL means that Flash is no longer bound by time. 131

ScreamPaste
Not really, considering going FTL means that Flash is no longer bound by time. 131 That's true, also, total hax. >_>

ScreamPaste
vyHcIHssdHA
FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Sin_Volvagia
That's not actually time control it's more like extreme speed. Not going to argue a thread from 2005 but I can tell you reasons your opinions are not fact.
1. They're generally wrong.
2. Stop bashing win characters. Ohyeah, meh.

1. I can't see why they are. Link isn't beating somebody who moves faster than sound without time control and Sonic having that pretty much eliminates that.

2. I'm not bashing any character.

ScreamPaste
1. I can't see why they are. Link isn't beating somebody who moves faster than sound without time control and Sonic having that pretty much eliminates that.

2. I'm not bashing any character.
lghtning reflectinm
yes you arre.

NemeBro
Lightspeed Dash. 131

ScreamPaste
I callbullshjti, also needs rigns

Sin_Volvagia
lghtning reflectinm
yes you arre.

Reflecting slow lightning balls doesn't equal reacting to lightning and you have NO PROOF that those balls slow down because of gameplay.

The only thing I'm bashing is your troll-like fanfiction.

ScreamPaste
*Facepalm*

We've seen Ganon shoot lightning bolts a million times. The only reason it's slower than real lightning in gameplay is because the player must react. Period. Ganon is not using slow lightning when he has fast lightning, in a life or death battle. K?

Your little mantra is getting old. I can actually back these arguments up. smile You cannot. So get humble lest you look more foolish than you already do.

Sin_Volvagia
*Facepalm*

We've seen Ganon shoot lightning bolts a million times. The only reason it's slower than real lightning in gameplay is because the player must react. Period. Ganon is not using slow lightning when he has fast lightning, in a life or death battle. K?

Your little mantra is getting old. I can actually back these arguments up. smile You cannot. So get humble lest you look more foolish than you already do.

Link never reacts to lightning ever. He didn't when he fought Barinade in OoT, never did in MM when he fought Goht, never did in LttP when he fought Agahnim, and failed to do so in Four Swords when fought Ganon.

And besides, I doubt Ganondorf only used lightning balls and some blackhole magic in that fight. He probably got a lightning ball reflected once and then was shot with Light Arrows the entire fight.

ScreamPaste
Link never reacts to lightning ever. He didn't when he fought Barinade in OoT, never did in MM when he fought Goht, never did in LttP when he fought Agahnim, and failed to do so in Four Swords when fought Ganon.

And besides, I doubt Ganondorf only used lightning balls and some blackhole magic in that fight. He probably got a lightning ball reflected once and then was shot with Light Arrows the entire fight. So, now you're claiming the fight never happened. The mandatory lightning reflection, which we know happened, suddenly didn't now? Also, I'd like to highlight all of yotur instances that Link didn't deflect or react to it, which are still debatable btw, he didn't have the ToC, y'know, his power source.

Beginning of OoT, Link's a kid without his power: Lightning bolts, which btw he seems to have handled very well. He did win after all. The player did not need to reflect these.

End of OoT: We know he can reflect it, because he does, swats it right out of the air. Now has the ToC, but yeah. Link always seems to win, and yet Lightning's nothing new. You'd have to prove Link can't react to it for him not actively reflecting it to matter.

Sin_Volvagia
So, now you're claiming the fight never happened. The mandatory lightning reflection, which we know happened, suddenly didn't now? Also, I'd like to highlight all of yotur instances that Link didn't deflect or react to it, which are still debatable btw, he didn't have the ToC, y'know, his power source.

Beginning of OoT, Link's a kid without his power: Lightning bolts, which btw he seems to have handled very well. He did win after all. The player did not need to reflect these.

End of OoT: We know he can reflect it, because he does, swats it right out of the air. Now has the ToC, but yeah. Link always seems to win, and yet Lightning's nothing new. You'd have to prove Link can't react to it for him not actively reflecting it to matter.

If those balls were even as fast as lightning, they would look like comets which they don't.

LLLLLink
If those balls were even as fast as lightning, they would look like comets which they don't.

Cant say I've ever heard of a 'lightning comet'. Is there a source for this statement?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Cant say I've ever heard of a 'lightning comet'. Is there a source for this statement?

Those balls don't look electrical at all when fired.

LLLLLink
Those balls don't look electrical at all when fired.

They look electrical when being formed and the sound like crackling electricity.

ScreamPaste
They look electrical when being formed and the sound like crackling electricity. And infact look just as electrical as Zeus' lightning in GoW3.

Sin's just sore over feats.

LLLLLink
It even happens to be yellow and white; the commonly portrayed colors of electricity.

MadMel
Totally forgot about this thread. XD
It's been so long since I last saw it, I'm feeling a little sentimental. erm

ScreamPaste
Yay for five year bumps, amirite? stick out tongue

Burning thought
lol the lightning bolt dodging still being whined about? I only need to know the basics behind how fast Sonic is to know he stomps this with ease.

ScreamPaste
Couldn't hear that over your lack of ability to refute the lightning. Come again?

Refute or concede. So far it looks like you're conceding, again.

Burning thought
Yes, conceded despite many other people including myself disproving your joke of a point. I dont belive for a second you meet the age requirements of KMC....

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Burning thought
Yes, conceded despite many other people including myself disproving your joke of a point. I dont belive for a second you meet the age requirements of KMC.... I still see no evidence. I win again. I almost feel like I'm beating an amputee with a bat. Good thing I'm a sadist. 131

Oh look, a "childish" joke, too. Damn, where'd you get that?

Either disprove it, or concede. You've done nothing so far but whine and claim it's a joke, but have never once explained why or how. You're simply using circular logic. You don't believe Ganon can do something based on your own bias and so he can't because you say so? Or as Nemebro says, circular logic works because circular logic works?

OHWAIT. We have onscreen feats of Ganondorf doing exactly what I say he did. no expression

Burning thought
Your right, your beating yourself because every time you make a post you dig your grave and assure everyone of what a joke your apprent claims are. You must be into the whole "no pain no game" sort of act, sexual frustration is not something to bring into here...

It was an honest statement, no joke....

Yes, I am sure me, Sin, Bloodrain have only "whined" (your a parrot as well?) despite all the evidence and counter claims that have demolished your poor logic.

ScreamPaste
Your right, your beating yourself because every time you make a post you dig your grave and assure everyone of what a joke your apprent claims are. You must be into the whole "no pain no game" sort of act, sexual frustration is not something to bring into here...

It was an honest statement, no joke....

Yes, I am sure me, Sin, Bloodrain have only "whined" (your a parrot as well?) despite all the evidence and counter claims that have demolished your poor logic. For your claim that the feats have been demolished, you've done an incredibly poor job actually doing anything to refute them. You've not once said anything important since I've been gracing you with my responses. Just "You're wrong!", really. But you've never explained /why/, provided proof, only called me a joke and a child. Get over yourself.

You again failed to refute, I once again, accept your concession.

Burning thought
Theres no point in actually taking you seriously, or more than a joke or a child because youve proven to me you cant argue, let alone debate. Why would I waste time posting things so many people have spammed you with only for you to ignore the piles of evidence and contiueing the bawling as if nothing was said?

You see this conversation and your complaining and whining and whats more trolling would not happen if you met the KMC age limit. Or your massively immature.

ScreamPaste
K, I accept your concession, and I'm reporting you. Not only do you concede by default due to total lack of evidence or anything at all to support your claim, but now you're making an ass of yourself with personal attacks.

Burning thought
Yeh ill make a last post to the little guy, and if youve not had a ton of bricks dropped on your head while you were trying to lay them this image alone should make you remeber a lot of people refuting you:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/03/infamous_karma.jpg

Now go and troll someone else plz?

ScreamPaste
Yeh ill make a last post to the little guy, and if youve not had a ton of bricks dropped on your head while you were trying to lay them this image alone should make you remeber a lot of people refuting you:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/03/infamous_karma.jpg

Now go and troll someone else plz? A picture of a character from a seperate game entirely somehow refutes me? Excellent work. dur

Actual argument plx?

Burning thought
lol, didnt think you would get it. Must have forgotten who I was humouring sad

Youve had your fun, feeding time is over wink

ScreamPaste
There's nothing to get, your argument isn't an argument, it's a character from a seperate fiction and totally irrelevant.

Sin_Volvagia
They look electrical when being formed and the sound like crackling electricity.

It has that and the effect it does on Link but other than that, it doesn't even look like electricity. It looks like the same energy he uses for his tremor punch.

LLLLLink
It has that and the effect it does on Link but other than that, it doesn't even look like electricity. It looks like the same energy he uses for his tremor punch.

I disagree. The way I see it, Ganon has used lightning bolts to fight Link before. Why would he slow them down to be reflected when we know his intent is to kill? He is fully capable of firing the "cliche" lightning bolts (Agahnim), so I don't know why he would say "Let me use this lighting that isn't really lightning so I can lose."

Besides, there are a lot of instances where Link deals with lightning (although not reflection, just dodging). Also enemies that leave after-images.

Burning thought
He does not slow them down, its just that his power is a slow orb of electricity which as others have pointed out many times (and the link fanboys have ignored many times) is that many fictions have lightning or lightning based powers that are slower than natural lightning, to fill in the gaps for the slow minded I posted an infamous image because infamous is a game that shows both, shock grenades and megawatt hammer being lightning attacks made entirely of lightning that is damn slow in comparison to real lightning yet at the same time, Cole can summon real lightning as well...

Your daft little "its lightninz so despite being fictional and being slower is automatically stills as fast!" is illogical like most lollovelink rubbish.

BloodRain
....sssooooo, has it come down to any proof that that move was at lightning speed and not just an orb of electricity? BT just re-covered the orbs/bolts point for different fictions so now someone will need to counter by saying why this orb in LoZ is at lightning speed.

@5L: Who's to say that it was lightning? The only lightning related thing is that its crackling with electricity.. and that tells us that its either energy sparking around it like in other fictions or its electric based. That's it.

Sonic is if you ask me too fast here. Reason being that in cutscenes Link has shown average reactions. May as well look into Sonic's other skills and powers.

ScreamPaste
He does not slow them down, its just that his power is a slow orb of electricity which as others have pointed out many times (and the link fanboys have ignored many times) is that many fictions have lightning or lightning based powers that are slower than natural lightning, to fill in the gaps for the slow minded I posted an infamous image because infamous is a game that shows both, shock grenades and megawatt hammer being lightning attacks made entirely of lightning that is damn slow in comparison to real lightning yet at the same time, Cole can summon real lightning as well...

Your daft little "its lightninz so despite being fictional and being slower is automatically stills as fast!" is illogical like most lollovelink rubbish. OH, look, an argument from ignorance and gameplay, to boot.

Step one. It's lightning, plainly electrical, it looks just as electrical as Zeus' own, you can see electricity when it's formed,when it hits, and while it's in the air.

Step two. Ganon shoots lightning bolts, not "slow orbs", as we've seen many times.

Your argument relies on Ganon intentionally ****ing himself by slowing them down enough to Link to reflect, which is one hell of an assumption. One you need proof for, and have none. Your only argument is gameplay speed, which is useless, and using other fiction is pointless because it's totally irrelevant, you're just straw-manning. Originally posted by BloodRain
....sssooooo, has it come down to any proof that that move was at lightning speed and not just an orb of electricity? BT just re-covered the orbs/bolts point for different fictions so now someone will need to counter by saying why this orb in LoZ is at lightning speed.

@5L: Who's to say that it was lightning? The only lightning related thing is that its crackling with electricity.. and that tells us that its either energy sparking around it like in other fictions or its electric based. That's it.

Sonic is if you ask me too fast here. Reason being that in cutscenes Link has shown average reactions. May as well look into Sonic's other skills and powers.

Yes, we do. Ganon's shot lightning bolts before, and everythign about the attack except for it's gameplay speed, which is obviously not a reliable indicator, we've seen a lot of things move at varying speeds in gameplay, screams lightning.

Welcome back, btw.

BloodRain
Yes, we do. Ganon's shot lightning bolts before, and everythign about the attack except for it's gameplay speed, which is obviously not a reliable indicator, we've seen a lot of things move at varying speeds in gameplay, screams lightning.

Welcome back, btw.
Yeah he shoots lightning before but was it at all reminiscent to that particular attack? Truly nothing whispers lightning besides the sparks of electricity around it.. although electricity doesn't spark around lightning but that's the closest thing there is. What Im looking for is proof that that attack that looks different to his/regular lightning, acts, behaves different does in-facts share the speed with lightning.

Thanks, hope I can stick around longer this time.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Yeah he shoots lightning before but was it at all reminiscent to that particular attack? Truly nothing whispers lightning besides the sparks of electricity around it.. although electricity doesn't spark around lightning but that's the closest thing there is. What Im looking for is proof that that attack that looks different to his/regular lightning, acts, behaves different does in-facts share the speed with lightning.

Thanks, hope I can stick around longer this time. Well here's your conundrum.

He literally has a lightning bolt in his hand before he throws the "orb" as the opposition likes to call it. It's plainly electrical, and if Cole's a good example, so is Zeus. in 1998 Ganon's projectiles look just as electrical as Zeus' in GoW3's. Note also, that the god of freakin' thunder shoosts "slow orbs" as BT would liek to claim, in gameplay. Lightning is an established power Ganon demonstrates on several occasions.

The argument it's slower depends on gameplay, and Ganon actively ****ing himself.

BloodRain
Well here's your conundrum.

He literally has a lightning bolt in his hand before he throws the "orb" as the opposition likes to call it. It's plainly electrical, and if Cole's a good example, so is Zeus. in 1998 Ganon's projectiles look just as electrical as Zeus' in GoW3's. Note also, that the god of freakin' thunder shoosts "slow orbs" as BT would liek to claim, in gameplay. Lightning is an established power Ganon demonstrates on several occasions.

The argument it's slower depends on gameplay, and Ganon actively ****ing himself.

Ahh we're in OoT now. Wait, 'as the opposition likes to call it'.. well out of orb and bolt, which suits it best? And the god of freakin' thunder doesn't use lightning speed bolts in battle for his reason, developers reason or that that attack is better suited for battle. The best that can be taken from this is that its electrical. Its speed is up in the air, but less then lightning speed.

What about Link, what's he got against Sonic? Ill ask here too, Sonic X and the comic are counted feats? As they do cover the same-ish story parts.

King ArthurSonic would be a good sword fight here.

ScreamPaste
So you're now arguing, and I'm gonna add with nothing to support it other than gameplay speed, that both Zeus' and Ganon's lightning attacks are slower than lightning, despite them demonstrating otherwise? O_o

Burning thought
and using other fiction is pointless because it's totally irrelevant, you're just straw-manning.

Wrong, because it proves your already ridiculously hilarious hasty generalisation fallacy wrong....lightningin fiction does not have to move at lightning speed by default, its basic logic (no wonder its beyond you!) that fiction can bend the reality of forces to suit its own game.

As Bloodrain said, its time someone shows real evidence that the orbs or w/e Ganon used was fast rather than assumption on something not actually seen smile

Note also, that the god of freakin' thunder shoosts "slow orbs" as BT would liek to claim

Yeh and to note, throwing around titles does not make things more impressive or refute what we actually see in the game. "zomg God of thunderz!" does not automatically turn the canon "slow bolts" into quick lightning. Especially if Zeus has used natural lightning before hence noting the attack being unique.

BloodRain
Didn't answer, would you call it a bolt or would you call it an orb? That I remember Zeus in a cutscene has shown to manipulate fast bolts, also in a cutscene throws an electric orb. In cutscenes the difference is present. Now, Ganon in that scene or any in that game hasn't used those bolts as a weapon. He uses it to charge the attack up.

-What about Link, what's he got against Sonic? Ill ask here too, Sonic X and the comic are counted feats? As they do cover the same-ish story parts.-
Also, this lightning feat came along recently right?

Burning thought
An important note is that as impressive and fast as real lightning is, perhaps these entities use this possibly compacted, stronger form of lightning for its power rather than speed natural lightning brings. Recently playing "Infamous" I can say this is the case with cole whos Megawatt hammer is vastly stronger than his little blasts from his hands (although not so much as lightning from heavens!).

NemeBro
Sonic X should not be counted, Chris Thorndyke's amazing AIDS decrees that.

BloodRain
True, BT, it does make sense as he charges all that electricity into one orb.

Was afraid that Chris was gonna mess it up for everyone..

ScreamPaste
An important note is that as impressive and fast as real lightning is, perhaps these entities use this possibly compacted, stronger form of lightning for its power rather than speed natural lightning brings. Recently playing "Infamous" I can say this is the case with cole whos Megawatt hammer is vastly stronger than his little blasts from his hands (although not so much as lightning from heavens!). Again, using an irrelevant example from Cole.

Lightning only even exists because of Zeus, and do you have any idea how poorly conceived the idea of more power /slowing lightning down/ is? no expression

Ganondorf can shoot full speed lightning, has done many times. If in this fight he did it at full speed in gameplay, the player, who needs to react in order to reflect it, would be totally unable to, and get rapestomped, making the game unbeatable.

Burning thought
Coles relevant, the point hasnt been refuted yet until you give an argument for why Ganons lightning is at the speed of natural lightning despite nothing indicating it being so.

Do you have any idea were talking about a fiction, and how in the Infamous fiction this is the case?

But not this time? thats a damnshame, no feat....thats a ridiculous claim because thats like saying all games with bullets being fired at you such as DMC, MGS, max payne (good example, youll see why) and players not being able to dodge bullets would be rape stomped. This is not the case, because as max payne shows us, and DMC is that changes in gameplay speed (slowing down) can allow this to happen.

Your daft lulzy ideas of this lightning not being at fully speed only because of player benefit is a joke, I am surprised its even a point.

ScreamPaste
Coles relevant, the point hasnt been refuted yet until you give an argument for why Ganons lightning is at the speed of natural lightning despite nothing indicating it being so.

Do you have any idea were talking about a fiction, and how in the Infamous fiction this is the case?

But not this time? thats a damnshame, no feat....thats a ridiculous claim because thats like saying all games with bullets being fired at you such as DMC, MGS, max payne (good example, youll see why) and players not being able to dodge bullets would be rape stomped. This is not the case, because as max payne shows us, and DMC is that changes in gameplay speed (slowing down) can allow this to happen.

Your daft lulzy ideas of this lightning not being at fully speed only because of player benefit is a joke, I am surprised its even a point.
Nothing shows it being so? He shoots full speed lightning MANY times through out the series. no expression

And Cole is 100% irrelevant because he's a seperate fiction, not Ganon, and the reason his attacks may be slowed is explained right inside the game.

Ohhh, you mean like how at full gameplay speed bullets in soulreaver are pathetic? Along with a million other things in a million other games, in gameplay, the speed somethign moves is simply not accurate. That is your ONLY argument, and it's worthless considering we have canon instances of Ganon shooting lightning and canon instances of Link being able to reflect it, and Ganon being able to reflect it back.

Adding more power to your lightning? That would only make it faster. no expression

Also, Max payne came out an entire generation after OoT, and two after aLttP.

DMC? Seperate fiction.

Also, if you can claim lightning is slower in Zelda, I can claim bullets are slower in DMC. See how "lulzy" your ideas are?

Burning thought
Yes but as I said, not this time. Not when the feat your trying to overhype counts.

I dont recall developed automatic weapons in SR....most I remember are muskets or some form of old age archiac firearm..

Your only argument is apparently assuming Ganons lightning is automatically at full speed in this case just because hes made normal lightning before, its worthless smile, your making a generalisation thats irrelevant to the moment you want to squeeze a feat out of. I just outlined how fast things can be slowed down while maintaing the truth of bullets speed. Max Payne, DMC, all show bullets moving at speeds.

I never claimed real natural lightning is slower in Zelda....I claimed Ganons cute slow moving bolts are slow, because their not shown as anything else unlike bullets in Max payne, DMc etc, whats luzly is you reaching by claiming DMC is a seperate fiction as if that negates the fact bullets can be slowed down. So can lightning....

Demonic Phoenix

And Cole is 100% irrelevant because he's a seperate fiction, not Ganon, and the reason his attacks may be slowed is explained right inside the game.

Not to mention, Cole never uses 'actual lightning', just electricity that he manipulates. He only uses actual lightning with his most powerful move. He also never demonstrates the level of power that Ganon probably does.

Burning thought
That explains it then, Ganon can manipulate energy/electricity (or another attack that looks alike to them). The level of power? lol, "probably"? this sounds like a not so sure attempt to backup Scream or to combat me. Its not going to work smile

ScreamPaste
That explains it then, Ganon can manipulate energy/electricity (or another attack that looks alike to them). The level of power? lol, "probably"? this sounds like a not so sure attempt to backup Scream or to combat me. Its going to work smile
Oh look, a pile of assumptions and an admission. cool What Ganon does is never described in such a way and you're making a pretty wide leap there. Also, using a seperate fiction entirely.

"It's going to work".

Burning thought
Assumptions? unlike the bold assumption that slow orbs are in an unseen reality that you excist in real natural lightning speed? lol...and your right, what Ganon does is never described in such a way, thanks for admitting that. Its not even described as lightning or hinted to no doubt.

Reading comprehension ftw, I said its "not going to work" silly!!!

ScreamPaste
Assumptions? unlike the bold assumption that slow orbs are in an unseen reality that you excist in real natural lightning speed? lol...and your right, what Ganon does is never described in such a way, thanks for admitting that. Its not even described as lightning or hinted to no doubt.

Reading comprehension ftw, I said its "not going to work" silly!!!
Ganon has shown full speed lightning on multiple occasions. Ganon's power is not just energy manipulation either, he actively generates it from his own power.

Oh look, everyone can see that you editted. cool

Burning thought
So its not even necesserily lightning, so you are not only making up fanon around a scene not explained or made clear but your assuming its lightning based on what? based on the idea Ganon used lightning in another scene? lol....

They can, so?

ScreamPaste
So its not even necesserily lightning, so you are not only making up fanon around a scene not explained or made clear but your assuming its lightning based on what? based on the idea Ganon used lightning in another scene? lol....

They can, so? no expression I don't even know how to respond to this. You've dug up an entire new tier of stupid to try and block out the truth. Just. Damn. Ganon has, on multiple occasions used lightning. This is the same as me asking you how you know the soul reaver is a bladed weapon. Just, wow. What the hell, man?

Ganon shoosts lightning all the damn time, your only argument is it's gameplay speed, which is irrelevant.

Burning thought
Tier of stupid? you would know being on a far higher tier than I with your "great truth" truth only you can cough up and see apparently. And yes, we gather hes used lightning before...so? and no its not the same.

All the damn time, apart from when this feat counts...lol..

BloodRain
Hm, Sonic X Sonic's spin-attack moves faster then lightning. No relevance here as its probably not canon but I watched a whole damn episode for it so I'm gonna post it >_>

ScreamPaste
Hm, Sonic X Sonic's spin-attack moves faster then lightning. No relevance here as its probably not canon but I watched a whole damn episode for it so I'm gonna post it >_> Sir, I feel your pain.

BloodRain
Had Knuckles pegged as a ka-thousand tonner too :/

2 things. Did I miss the pro lightning speed evidence and what can Link do to win?

ScreamPaste
Had Knuckles pegged as a ka-thousand tonner too :/

2 things. Did I miss the pro lightning speed evidence and what can Link do to win? Well, this thread is from 2005, no one actually gives a shit. no expression Am only arguing with people who are trying to downplay Link. The pro-lightning evidence is hidden in about ten threads now, the jist of it is, based solely on consistency a case could be made. Factor in that Ganon has it as an established power and Link reflects it on multiple occasions to say nothing of how many other enemies use it, and he beats them all. It's pretty hard to ignore. no expression

There's many instances of Ganon shoosting full speed lightning boltz, the only time it takes the form of slower projectiles is in gameplay, and it's still very obviously lightning.

BloodRain
No offence but its hard to take any of that in as proof, main point being the -it gameplay so should be slower for the player- point. Also hes never used it as an attack in cutscenes so can anyone be sure what he's doing...

As no ones going to argue for Link's side, concession in Sonic's favour?

Demonic Phoenix
Well, Sonic's cooler, so yeah. peaches

ScreamPaste
That's hardly a concession. no expression

Demonic Phoenix
It's an old thread. No one actually gives a shit who wins.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It's an old thread. No one actually gives a shit who wins. EXACKEREH

BloodRain
Being a guy that wanted a sonic thread then a few days later this popped up, yeah, caught my attention. And am willing to drive it home if able no expression

ScreamPaste
Being a guy that wanted a sonic thread then a few days later this popped up, yeah, caught my attention. And am willing to drive it home if able no expression Go make Sonic v.s. Sarge with dual chainsaws. uhuh

Demonic Phoenix
Sonic's shoes will burn off his chest hair. biscuits

ScreamPaste
Impossible. Sarge's chest hair can wistand Superman's heat vision and world breaker Hulk's fists!

NemeBro
Sarge is a *****.

I would beat his ass.

ScreamPaste
Sarge's chest hair would entangle you and penetrate every orifice on your body, before ripping you limb from limb in a rain of manly tears.

Demonic Phoenix
Impossible. Sarge's chest hair can wistand Superman's heat vision and world breaker Hulk's fists!

Superman's Heat Vision would burn a forest of his chest hair, and Sarge would turn green with envy at Superman's chest hair. uhuh

ScreamPaste
Sarge's chest hair is so manly it's self sustaining on it's own manliness! True immortality.

Sin_Volvagia
I disagree. The way I see it, Ganon has used lightning bolts to fight Link before. Why would he slow them down to be reflected when we know his intent is to kill?

Because maybe he couldn't fire real lightning at the time? Ganon/dorf wasn't even that powerful in OoT when compared to other Zelda games.

Those were at later timelines and no Link ever reflected that.

You mean Barinade, Wizrobe, and Majora's Incarnation.

Barinade lightning shows a flash before it's fired. Wizrobe's after-images are illusions. Majora's Incarnation fools around too much and leaves itself vulnerable a lot.

ScreamPaste
FAIL. In OoT he had the ToP, which he did NOT have in FSA, and he could still shoost lightning THEN. Why would more power = less abilities? no expression You have no proof. I do. Gtfo. Also, OoT is not the only intance.
FSA is earlier, and he had lightning then. smile

Speculation based on old graphics and artistic license, you have nothing better?

Refute the feat, or accept it. You can't refute it. no expression So accept it.

Sin_Volvagia
FAIL. In OoT he had the ToP, which he did NOT have in FSA, and he could still shoost lightning THEN. Why would more power = less abilities? no expression You have no proof. I do. Gtfo. Also, OoT is not the only intance.
FSA is earlier, and he had lightning then. smile

Four Swords Adventures shouldn't be considered canon. Especially since it shows the blue Ganon which is a fusion of Ganondorf and Beast Ganon plus showed more power than Ganondorf did in OoT. The only proof you have is what most others call trolling.

There have been more impressive things with speed in the 16-bit Contra games than there has been in any Zelda game.

I already have in more ways than one. You can't even prove that the energy balls are the same as lightning bolts or even move at the same speed.

ScreamPaste
Four Swords Adventures shouldn't be considered canon. Especially since it shows the blue Ganon which is a fusion of Ganondorf and Beast Ganon plus showed more power than Ganondorf did in OoT. The only proof you have is what most others call trolling.

There have been more impressive things with speed in the 16-bit Contra games than there has been in any Zelda game.

I already have in more ways than one. You can't even prove that the energy balls are the same as lightning bolts or even move at the same speed.
K, so because Ganon looks like Ganon, which was explained as being a prodcut of the trident, whcih he has in OoT, it's non-canon? You fail.

Lighting = Lightning. Also, cant' recall anyone levitating a castle in 16 bit games.

You never have, you have ONLY the gameplay speed, IE, nothing.

Burning thought

Ditto

Lighting = Lightning. Also, cant' recall anyone levitating a castle in 16 bit games.

Lighting= lightning, slow moving Lightning ball= Slow moving Lightning ball etc etc

And youve not even proven it was lightning he was fireing other than "zomg its sparking like lightning so it has to be lightning!", while whining about how gameplay or artistic license does not help a case erm

linkownsyousobs
hmmm... here's a point that I don't think anyone has brought up yet. Let's say that when Gannondorf fires his lightning balls at Link that they are going at lightning speed. Then why is it that when you take turns knocking it back at each other the speed of the orb clearly speeds up? If it's already moving as fast as lightning then why would it need to speed up in the first place.erm

And youve not even proven it was lightning he was fireing other than "zomg its sparking like lightning so it has to be lightning!", while whining about how gameplay or artistic license does not help a case erm

No, its electricity.... if you get hit by it, it shocks the f*** out of you. no expression

and as far as the thread goes, Sonic wins big grin

Does anyone know if the Sonic comics are cannon with the games? I used to read them all the time when I was a kid, and there's a couple of things I could use from them if I could remember them. Like one comic for example, Sonic gets a new pair of sneakers from his uncle, Chuck (i think thats his name), and when he puts them on and runs off, he goes so fast that he ends up in a different dimension.

I just figured I would bring it up and ask because in my opinion, the comics were pretty win. There is some proof I can think of that makes me believe they are cannon to each other because in the comics he fights Chaos from SA, and Shadow shows up too, but I don't remember much about what happened, so I cant say if they were true to how it actually happened in the games.

Also, when the first game was released, there was a comic strip that went to it, but I don't know if it was the same first issue of the series that I read. It just gave you a little background story to go with the game. I think I read it in the beginning of the official strategy guide, but idk, its been a really long time ago.

BloodRain
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Does anyone know if the Sonic comics are cannon with the games? I used to read them all the time when I was a kid, and there's a couple of things I could use from them if I could remember them. Like one comic for example, Sonic gets a new pair of sneakers from his uncle, Chuck (i think thats his name), and when he puts them on and runs off, he goes so fast that he ends up in a different dimension.

I just figured I would bring it up and ask because in my opinion, the comics were pretty win. There is some proof I can think of that makes me believe they are cannon to each other because in the comics he fights Chaos from SA, and Shadow shows up too, but I don't remember much about what happened, so I cant say if they were true to how it actually happened in the games.

Also, when the first game was released, there was a comic strip that went to it, but I don't know if it was the same first issue of the series that I read. It just gave you a little background story to go with the game. I think I read it in the beginning of the official strategy guide, but idk, its been a really long time ago.
As Ive bee told the comics are non-canon, those comics would put Sonic in a whole new level. Though I think the comic, like the anime, should be the decision of the thread starter as it covers the games plots.

ScreamPaste
Neh, Sarge soloes with his chest hair.

BloodRain
Fine, Link<Sonic<Sarge ^^

ScreamPaste
Neh. Link = Sarge > Sonic. 131

BloodRain
Link can't grow facial or body hair so he can't = him >.>

ScreamPaste
mmm Maybe he's just very dilligent about his hygiene.

BloodRain
Yeah because people who live in a forest and/or works on a farm have the most uptight hygiene out there. 313

ScreamPaste
Clearly he isn't normal! D:< Besides, he has access to blades all the time. Or maybe he's so manly he burns it off with his lantern.

Sin_Volvagia
K, so because Ganon looks like Ganon, which was explained as being a prodcut of the trident, whcih he has in OoT, it's non-canon? You fail.

You never have, you have ONLY the gameplay speed, IE, nothing.

Ganondorf doesn't have a trident at all in OoT. You of all people should know that.

Also electrical balls don't equal lightning.

The Scenario
Phantom Ganon uses the Trident.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>