Why is Henry VIII so popular?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Popular maynot be the correct word. I mean, when you think of England's Kings it is always Henry VIII the one that stands out of the rest. What is so appealing about the man?

Is it his personality? His separation of the Church? His Wives? Witchcraft Act?

Wouldn't you agree that he is the most known kings of England?

GCG
Him and King Richard the Lionheart stand out mostly.

Seperation from the church, wives and witchcraft association all together nade him so notorious

Victor Von Doom
He is the most easy to recall, mostly due to the many wives.

Sir Mist
He did so much crap as a King, all his wives, all the people he had killed off...

Other Kings are just normal Kings....do stuff....Kingly type stuff.....he just goes apeshit and kills people...

Hit_and_Miss
mainly cause hes the tudor we learn about for history lessons... theres loads of other english history to learn... but not enough time...

manny321
because he had many wives. Richard the lionhearted is know for the crusades and the only one able to go against Saladin.

theReject
Originally posted by WindDancer
Popular maynot be the correct word. I mean, when you think of England's Kings it is always Henry VIII the one that stands out of the rest. What is so appealing about the man?

Is it his personality? His separation of the Church? His Wives? Witchcraft Act?

Wouldn't you agree that he is the most known kings of England?

I like Henry V, myself.

Echuu
Originally posted by theReject
I like Henry V, myself.

Same here.

debbiejo
Henry VIII...Well all the wives for one....boy he just wanted that male child didn't he...Which he did have by Jane...Convicting Ann of incest and adultery to get rid of her....OFF WITH HER HEAD.......He secretly married Ann while still married to Catherine...had to get the Popes approval to annul that marriage.....Ann's male child died...That's why he was soooo pissed.....He was a glutton...Wasteful so wasteful with food...He took herbal concoctions all the time for his constipation and other ailments because of his diet...I think it was considered witch craft to use such things unless you had permission from a bishop..........To me, it's one of the most interesting stories....Lots of interesting twists and maneuvers he did....And of course there's more wives....Such a good story...He even wrote love letters and poetry.....

Ushgarak
Because he was a fat bastard. Everyone loves that in a King.

long pig
He did what all us men, at some point, wish we could do: Kill our wives and get another one.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Sir Mist
He did so much crap as a King, all his wives, all the people he had killed off...

Other Kings are just normal Kings....do stuff....Kingly type stuff.....he just goes apeshit and kills people...

Exactly yes

T.M
Originally posted by debbiejo
Henry VIII...Well all the wives for one....boy he just wanted that male child didn't he...Which he did have by Jane...Convicting Ann of incest and adultery to get rid of her....OFF WITH HER HEAD.......He secretly married Ann while still married to Catherine...had to get the Popes approval to annul that marriage.....Ann's male child died...That's why he was soooo pissed.....He was a glutton...Wasteful so wasteful with food...He took herbal concoctions all the time for his constipation and other ailments because of his diet...I think it was considered witch craft to use such things unless you had permission from a bishop..........To me, it's one of the most interesting stories....Lots of interesting twists and maneuvers he did....And of course there's more wives....Such a good story...He even wrote love letters and poetry.....

that annulment was only one of them he was technically only married 3 or 4 times.

he also had syphilis.

Bardock42
Cause he divorced all the wives....he's a heroe of the masculism movement....

WindDancer
Is that what it is? His masculine appeal..stick out tongue

T.M
he was considered one of if not the most attractive man in Europe if not the World in his prime yes

debbiejo
I think he was kinda athletic too, and became king at 18....was a catch.

lil bitchiness
HE did establish the Church of England, so...he is rather important. His wives warent all killed, however it is a popular belief.

Its - beheaded, divorced, died, beheaded, divorced, survived.

You can see a pattern going, cant you...

debbiejo
The Story of the struggle of power between Queen Elizabeth and her cousin Bloody Mary came from this saga too...and that was another good story.

Fëanor
oh my bad! i thought this was about that silly song...

lil bitchiness
The Story of the struggle of power between Queen Elizabeth and her cousin Bloody Mary came from this saga too...and that was another good story.

Yup...kinda.

That happened way after Henry VIII's death, but Elisabeth I was his daughter so... yeah thumb up

shaber
as the king would say, "off with their heads!" I prefered Edward I

debbiejo
OH....."Just let them eat cake!".....But that's a story of another saga in another place...... wink stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by shaber
as the king would say, "off with their heads!" I prefered Edward I
As Radiohead would say

When I am king, you will be first against the wall
(with) your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's this...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)
What's this...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking, squealing gucci little piggy
You don't remember
You don't remember
Why don't you remember my name?
Off with his head, man
Off with his head, man
Why don't you remember my name? I guess he does...

Well I always thought Henry was so popular (besides killing, divorcing or whatever doing with his wives) because he was kind of the Prequel to Queen Elizabeth...and thats a great story now......especially for England...Whooping The Spanish Amada and all......I see it like Star Wars...Queen Lizzy was great....and henry, well not really that important, interesting or entertaining but the necessary background story......

Bardock42
OH....."Just let them eat cake!".....But that's a story of another saga in another place...... wink stick out tongue

Yes...well..you know throwing around quotes doesn't make you knowledgable, murderette no expression

debbiejo
Yes, the Virgin Queen Elizabeth....who imprisoned her cousin Mary in a castle far away....Ah ha...but Mary was caught sending messages to oust Mary....and "OFF WITH HER HEAD TOO!

It was considered special for royalty at one time to be the ones that would lie this kind of special dignity...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes...well..you know throwing around quotes doesn't make you knowledgable, murderette no expression

I love this period of history.... big grin ....I must of been Royalty at one time, if I believed in reincarnation, cause I can kill too....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.