cannibal movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
any other movies like cannibal holocaust?

BackFire
Cannibal Ferox is the other "big name" one, though I think it pales in comparison to Holocaust.

deathbycorn
thanks buddy...

BackFire
No problem.

There's a number of Cannibal films from around the same era as holocaust, but none are really very memorable. IMO, if you've seen Holocaust, you've seen them all. None of the others really add anything to the sub genre.

deathbycorn
So u reckon just Holocaust & Ferox are worth watching?

Mandorallen
They were ok IMO, you could go see Serenity in theaters, it has cannibalism in it, I'm not 100% certain on what it is you are looking for, but the movie has a bit to deal with cannabalism.

BackFire
Originally posted by deathbycorn
So u reckon just Holocaust & Ferox are worth watching?

Yeah, unless you're REALLY into the sub genre, in which case you may want to search out some of the other titles.

papabeard
Cannibal Apocaplypse ( aka Apocalypse domani (1980) )
is really good, not very well known, its much better than Ferox. Apocalypse and Holocaust are the 2 best cannibal films IMO.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0080379/ ( Check the details here )

BackFire
In all honesty, I thought apocalypse was really poor.

It was funny, though the comedy was unintentional.

It did have some cool scenes though.

b-dan
Originally posted by Mandorallen
They were ok IMO, you could go see Serenity in theaters, it has cannibalism in it, I'm not 100% certain on what it is you are looking for, but the movie has a bit to deal with cannabalism. isnt that a sci-fi movie

Mandorallen
Yessir, but Like I said, It does have some cannibalism.

It's not ALL ABOUT cannabalism, but it gives the characters and the audience a fear of the cannibals in the movie.

WindDancer
Originally posted by deathbycorn
any other movies like cannibal holocaust?

CH is indeed a classic of the genre. One week from today the Especial Edition will be released on DVD here in the US so I'm really looking forward to it.

If you want to see a pretty nasty Cannibal Documentary then you must see Africa dolce e selvaggia (Shocking Africa) It is an extremely hard to find on VHS. No DVD version has been released....yet. I been lookin for a copy of this documentary for years and no luck. Pretty disturbing images.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by WindDancer
CH is indeed a classic of the genre. One week from today the Especial Edition will be released on DVD here in the US so I'm really looking forward to it.

If you want to see a pretty nasty Cannibal Documentary then you must see Africa dolce e selvaggia (Shocking Africa) It is an extremely hard to find on VHS. No DVD version has been released....yet. I been lookin for a copy of this documentary for years and no luck. Pretty disturbing images.
When I was about 15, like 6 years ago I hired 'Shocking Asia' from the video store.

Man that had some bad stuff in it.

P-Geyser
There is also a cannible film by the name of "Ravenous" it is enjoyable.

http://www.foxmovies.com/ravenous/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.