Rachel Summers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psionic_Luver08
ok so i saw a comic book cover with rachel and her uncle hugging and wat looked like kissing plz clue me in and tell me they r not dating cause that would be ultru mega grosss!

thedarkphoenix
lol....there not dating ( at least i hope not) who is the uncle?

Psionic_Luver08
alex summers (a.k.a. havoc)

crimsonphoenix
this picture?

Psionic_Luver08
ya thx but i still think thats kinda wierd cause i would have gone up to scott and tell him how i feel about him and emma

crimsonphoenix
Rachel is just upset that her mom isnt alive and that scott/emma are an item. She really cant talk to scott. She decided to talk to havok.....
lol

Psionic_Luver08
oh ok thanks for klearing up that mix up lol

eternitygoddess
Ya know, Cyclops is a pretty shitty dad to Rachel. Normal fathers would at least talk to their daughter about hooking up with the woman that broke up the marriage, especially when the mom's dead.

blaise
i agree with eternity goddness
-it looks like it's excluding his kids again....

nathan summers
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
Ya know, Cyclops is a pretty shitty dad to Rachel. Normal fathers would at least talk to their daughter about hooking up with the woman that broke up the marriage, especially when the mom's dead.

Rachel needs to buck-up. She constantly projects the role of pseudo-father onto Cyclops. Aside from their genetic bond Scott Summers owes nothing to "Marvel Girl." He's not her father and Jean isn't her mother. She needs to grow a f*cking spine, mind her own goddamn business; since Cyclops was kind enough to even allow her trans-dimensional ass in his life. F*ck her. Cable's life has been just as rough and tedious as hers and he doesn't b*tch about the mother and father he never truly knew. Nor does he care WHO Cyclops does.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by nathan summers
Rachel needs to buck-up. She constantly projects the role of pseudo-father onto Cyclops. Aside from their genetic bond Scott Summers owes nothing to "Marvel Girl." He's not her father and Jean isn't her mother. She needs to grow a f*cking spine, mind her own goddamn business; since Cyclops was kind enough to even allow her trans-dimensional ass in his life. F*ck her. Cable's life has been just as rough and tedious as hers and he doesn't b*tch about the mother and father he never truly knew. Nor does he care WHO Cyclops does.

eek! That was funny. Although i believe Cyclops should be more considerate i do see your point laughing out loud

nathan summers
Rachel Grey = Single White Female. Think about it..

GalacticStorm
Rachel Grey = Single White Female. Think about it..

laughing out loud We got a comedian on the forum. I like. wink

nathan summers
Nah. I'm not striving to be one. I just wish Claremont would write Rachel with more of a backbone instead of her being in attention-wh*re mode. " Me, me, me -- Mommy, mommy, mommy! " Franklin Richards is more mature than she is. If she was suppose to grow into Mother Askani; I don't see how with this current incarnation.

eternitygoddess
Wow, it looks like SOMEONE didn't have a good childhood.

nathan summers
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
Wow, it looks like SOMEONE didn't have a good childhood.

Oh Yes, I can see how my comments so blatantly express my lack of a suitable childhood. You should become a message board Sigmund Freud. Do you think perhaps it's because I don't recieve enough oral stimulation? If you could tell my girlfriend that I'm sure I would be cured in no time!

eternitygoddess
I am very glad indeed that you see it.

Phoenix_Avatar9
yay, hostility!, no jk, but that was funny. Rachel does have a reason to be pissed since hes with the woman who broke up the marriage, but come on now, the grieving period has to end. Mom's over it, Dad's definitely over it, now its her turn

Disappear
does any else think it would make LESS sense for scott to not be with emma after their "fling" broke up the summers' marriage? at least when he picked emma over rachel's mom, he stuck with it, and didn't just throw out his marriage for a one-night stand.

but rachel's full of estrogen. i doubt she sees that logic.

eternitygoddess
In most cases, it's harder for the child to accept a broken marriage.

nathan summers
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
yay, hostility!, no jk, but that was funny. Rachel does have a reason to be pissed since hes with the woman who broke up the marriage, but come on now, the grieving period has to end. Mom's over it, Dad's definitely over it, now its her turn

I personally don't see Emma as having any sort of major contribution to the severing of ties between Scott Summers and Jean Grey. She just happened to be around and Summers decided that he wanted some of her. It's not like Scott himself has never had a waivering eye; even when he was married. My only beef is that Rachel, for someone who's been through so much, is still crying like a child over a situation that has nothing to do with her and with people who truthfully; owe her nothing. But I agree. Her grieving period has to end. But Rachel is just a spoiled brat, period. Look at how she got all pissy when ShadowCat and Piotr were hanging out and she wasn't getting the attention. Rachel gets NO sympathy from me or Cable. What is...is, Rachel you b*tch.

Btw. Rachel isn't exactly a toddler. I think she's adult enough to cope with the fact that Jean Grey died; and will be back in another 5 years or so.

crimsonphoenix
I remember that issue when Rachel walked into her and Kittys room and saw Kitty and Piotr. Piotr was going to draw Kitty's picture. And they were drinking wine..........

kichiku_beihei
Btw. Rachel isn't exactly a toddler. I think she's adult enough to cope with the fact that Jean Grey died; and will be back in another 5 years or so.

Right, but I agree with Rachel when she said that Scott moved onto Emma rather too fast. As Rachel said "Grief, Mourning, Respect". Also, I think making out with your new girlfriend right after your wifes death, at her F*cking grave non the less, is pretty f*cked up. Granted, if they hooked up a year or so after JEan's death, fine, but they were making out at her grave merely days after she died. Anyways, Scott ended it with Jean when he said he'd rahter be with her (emma) than Jean.

nathan summers
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
Right, but I agree with Rachel when she said that Scott moved onto Emma rather too fast. As Rachel said "Grief, Mourning, Respect". Also, I think making out with your new girlfriend right after your wifes death, at her F*cking grave non the less, is pretty f*cked up. Granted, if they hooked up a year or so after JEan's death, fine, but they were making out at her grave merely days after she died. Anyways, Scott ended it with Jean when he said he'd rahter be with her (emma) than Jean.

According to Morrison's last run on New X-Men; Jean wanted Scott to move on and explore his relationship with Emma. In fact, I believe she psychically suggested it to him so he would.

eternitygoddess
she had no choice. It was either Scott with Emma or the universe world die.

Disappear
it wasn't "scott with emma" or the universe would die, it was "scott and emma as headmasters" or the universe would die. her prompting scott to move on and accept his responsibilities/get with emma could have been handled differently to achieve the same ends. she could've dropped images of the horrible future into his head, or even thrown some illusions at him. encouraging him to "live," and the passionate relationship that followed was because that's what the writers and editors wanted.

LordKaos
Rachel is probably upset, because everytime she comes to 616 her mother is dead and it seems that by now if she were supposed to exist it's now! jean should have at least been pregnant with her by now, they fixed the future cable was from but the one rachel hails from could still be coming up and if emma and scott are together and there is no jean grey how does she fit in. unless that whole thing about rachel being the daughter of phoenix means jean, being the embodiment of passion and creation is the only parent rachel has. maybe that's why she was able to access a portion of the phoenix where here old ass brother never could/has.

"THE CONCEIT OF YOU HUMANS, THE ARROGANCE!!"

Disappear
or, maybe, just maybe, she could access the phoenix because she was skipping through time the first time the phoenix noticed her, and her psionic resonance was nearly identical to jean's. you know, like how the story was actually written... no need to over-speculate that point.

LordKaos
this entire thread is based on speculation, because somebody thought rachel was kissing havok, nice try though. and i made the comment about jean maybe being her only parent because as a hound she (rachel) could not track scott, which as far as i know was never explained, all it did was make people think scott was not her father and that wolverine might be.

"THE CONCEIT OF YOU HUMANS, THE ARROGANCE!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.