New Exalibur!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psionic_Luver08
Can any one provide some info on the new exalibur feturing juggernaut,captian britian and nocturne also can u tell me the other two people in this pic are http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/fetchimage.htm?id=321&size=sm (the one wit pink hair idk and the one in the tux idk)

Psionic_Luver08
Some 1 peplie or even look at this thread plz

crimsonphoenix
ok i know your new but when you have a question about anything x-men....ask it on the q&a thread........... and to answer your question is that i cant think of there names. lol

Psionic_Luver08
ok thx

kichiku_beihei
I think the other two are Dazzler (not sure) and Pete Wisdom.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
I think the other two are Dazzler (not sure) and Pete Wisdom. Yep Dazzler and Pete Wisdom if I recall correctly. I think the pink hair is them trying to make 616 Dazzler somewhat interesting - Ultimate Dazzler rocks both figuratively and literally - but 616 Dazzler will always be lame to me laughing out loud.

Why does Nocturne have Rogue hair?

Psionic_Luver08
whoes pete wisdom?

Disappear
kitty pryde's former flame, a former black air operative, a former leader of x-force, and an all around smarmy english gentleman. he creates hot knives, blade-shaped projectiles of pure thermal energy, from his fingertips. i hear he can make shields, too. interesting character, if you read up on him.

and i dunno about nocturne's do.

kichiku_beihei
thank god she got a new hair do. The dreads looked awful on her sick

Disappear
not that emulating rogue's "style" makes her look any better...

stormfront13
yeah, as people have pointed nout those characters are dazzler and nocturne. though sadly, this isn't all of the nocturne we remember, she doesn't have her hex bolts anymore. they have become "casualty" of HOM. i wonder why though? maybe some of the clueless writers didn't want anyone having "hex" powers, even though tj's hex bolts have nothing to do with probability altering. they come from nightcrawlers teleporting dimension. she only calls them HEX bolts because of her mother. i wonder why sage isn't in that picture though, she's a member of this team too. and if anyones wondering, the previews of issue one are up at newsarama, and they are great.

crimsonphoenix
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah, as people have pointed nout those characters are dazzler and nocturne. though sadly, this isn't all of the nocturne we remember, she doesn't have her hex bolts anymore. they have become "casualty" of HOM. i wonder why though? maybe some of the clueless writers didn't want anyone having "hex" powers, even though tj's hex bolts have nothing to do with probability altering. they come from nightcrawlers teleporting dimension. she only calls them HEX bolts because of her mother. i wonder why sage isn't in that picture though, she's a member of this team too. and if anyones wondering, the previews of issue one are up at newsarama, and they are great.

Thanx about that info .........Yeah, why isnt sage in the picture if she is now apart of that team?
I dont know alot about Dazzler but, did she always have a wig or is that something new?

Psionic_Luver08
can some 1 tell me wats happinin in the comic psylocke is in (one of the x-men ones dont know which)cause i need to know bout it to get up wit exalibur

kichiku_beihei
?? She's in Uncanny. What does she have to do with Excalibur? She rarely made appearences in the first 2 volumes, and was never evenmentioned in the 3rd Volume.

stormfront13
well uncanny is leading into excalibur right now, and she's a biug character in uncanny.

Disappear
also there's gonna be a brian/betsy rendezvous early in new excalibur.

no, dazzler never wore a wig before this issue. for no good reason, she cut her hair incredibly short and dyed it pink, but put on a wig that made her look like good ol' alison blaire when performing.

also, i don't think sage is showing up til at least issue two. she won't be an introductory character into the team, as i've heard it, so her absence is understandable. if she was just NOT in the series, i'd understand that too, but then again, it's claremont writing this. what else would you expect?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Disappear
also there's gonna be a brian/betsy rendezvous early in new excalibur.

no, dazzler never wore a wig before this issue. for no good reason, she cut her hair incredibly short and dyed it pink, but put on a wig that made her look like good ol' alison blaire when performing.

also, i don't think sage is showing up til at least issue two. she won't be an introductory character into the team, as i've heard it, so her absence is understandable. if she was just NOT in the series, i'd understand that too, but then again, it's claremont writing this. what else would you expect?

yeah, the brian.betsy thing is in either issue 1 or issue 2, though I'm almost positive it's in issue one. and sage is definitley in this series. claremont has already commented that because she is leaving uncanny and she is too coll of a character to lket go. also, she fits well into theseries because a majority of the villians are hellfire club. also, there will be apperances by the female captain britian.

Disappear
i know she's in the series, though the only reason she was put there was because claremont didn't want her to just fade into the "character limbo" that was scripted for her with this "new HFC" thing she tied herself to. she was added to the cast after the idea was already formulated just because claremont can't stand to let anyone else control his favorite characters...

and she wasn't shown on the cover of the third issue, either. she might not appear until the second arc, which is meant to be revolving around the "was captain UK the only one to choose the sword of might?" idea.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Disappear
i know she's in the series, though the only reason she was put there was because claremont didn't want her to just fade into the "character limbo" that was scripted for her with this "new HFC" thing she tied herself to. she was added to the cast after the idea was already formulated just because claremont can't stand to let anyone else control his favorite characters...

and she wasn't shown on the cover of the third issue, either. she might not appear until the second arc, which is meant to be revolving around the "was captain UK the only one to choose the sword of might?" idea.

yeah, i knew all that. though i wonder when she will appear?

Disappear
apparently she'll be the antagonist to wisdom's protagonist, but considering wisdom's gonna be around for quite a while, that doesn't really limit when she'll pop up. i'd put a tentative "never" out there, but i know better than to question claremont's sick devotion to his ladies...

crimsonphoenix
I like sage . She is a cool character. I wish there was more of her.

Disappear
i wouldn't dare say she's not cool. i would dare say i'd wish there were more of her where it made sense, not just where claremont stuffs her in as not to "lose" her.

crimsonphoenix
yeah i agree with you......

thedarkphoenix
who's sage ( i LOVE my avatar!)

The Phoenix Has Spoken.

Psionic_Luver08
sage is a low level telepath from x-treme x-men as far as i know)Let me rephrase my question i want to know wats goin on in uncanny while its still in HoM cause i saw noctunre there so plz tell!

Disappear
sage was one of the first mutants xavier ever met, but instead of adding her to his troop of x-men, he made her his first "spy." he trained her in the use of her telepathic powers, and she worked her way into the american incarnation of the hellfire club. she served for quite a long time as sebastian shaw's aide, even after the club's demise. it was only revealed in x-treme what depths of history sage had with xavier and the x-men, and that was really one of her first appearances truly working for the "angels" of the mutant scene. she's since become a founding member of the X.S.E., and had a mild flirtation with bishop for a while. recently she dropped out of the x-men game to become roberto dacosta's aide as he attempted to restart the HFC. dacosta's best known as sunspot, of the new mutants and x-force.

in uncanny, during the HoM, the problem of the "chaos wave" wanda's powers created was dealt with. captain britain and meggan left otherworld to find a way to stop "the end of all that is." from my viewpoint, it was a very disinteresting story revolving around the most disinteresting characters in the modern x-universe. yay claremont.

Psionic_Luver08
hey i have a questoin did meggan die?cause i saw in the HoM unncanny (i fliped through it in the store)and she was goin to the otherworld and everyone looked sad?!

Disappear
spoiler for anyone who cares, or hasn't read the issue.

meggan sacrifices herself to seal the tear in the fabric of reality, so her death basically undoes the "chaos wave." but yeah, she's dead. pity, too, considering it was claremont who killed her, but not who wrote her best.

Psionic_Luver08
so she stoped all the reality altering and killed herself rite? and that meens she is dead even when the world is back to normal?!

Disappear
she didn't stop the "reality altering," she just ended the threat to the multiverse. wanda can still alter reality as much as she wants, and depending on whether or not HoM #7 came before or after that issue of uncanny, she may have warped reality again after meggan died. but it's safe to say that meggan's dead and gone, and that since captain britain's operating by himself (as in without meggan) on earth these days, something happened to the governing body of otherworld.

Psionic_Luver08
dat sucks monkey but mad but ok ill accept it and i have a nother questoin:does any one know who those wierd pl r posing to be the original x-men but all in like gothic wer ,the ones from the preview on newsarama!

Disappear
from the new excalibur preview? they're "allegedly" the original x-men, but it's clear that they're not. who exactly they are, nobody but claremont and the editors know for sure, as they've never appeared anywhere before.

ScarletPheonix
After reading the 1st issue i have to say i am going to be addicted to this comic.

Ryonslaught
new excalibur

Face
what do you think of sabretooth in new excaliber ?

Genosha
Sabertooth in New Excalibur?? That's an odd suggestion. He doesn't really fit the dynamic of the other characters. I think they'er going for a return to the comedic undertones of the origional Excalubur. I'm glad they gave my boy Pete a place. And I've been a big Chamber fan since he came on the scene. Sage is pretty cool. I've fallen a little behind on the issues, but I read up through 11 or so and am liking it so far.

Only complaint is of course...more wisdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.