Who can beat pre crisis Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Uber beings and abstracts aside, who can beat him?

A Short beginning:

Galactus, 20% power and up
Tyrant, both versions
Odin
Zeus
Zuras
Rune King Thor
Pre Crisis Darkseid
Any Celestial
Mephisto

That's only a beginning, I'm sure there are lots more. I'd wager the following would give him a hell of a fight.

Thanos
Morg, augmented power cosmic
Classic Thor, with belt of strength and iron gloves

long pig
Strange/Fate could wash him over.

He was way way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more vulnerable to magic back in the 60's 70's. Basically, anyone with a book of spells and the advantage of surprise would smash him.

ZephroCarnelian
Agreed.

Magic was more his weakness back then, than KNite.

Even so - he held up to Dracula and Frankenstein's monster well lol! big grin

But no - Imps, King Thor, Odin, or Strange/Fate with prep could take him.

He couldn't get through magic forcefields and he couldn't withstand magic transmutation.

Magic lightning, however, he could withstand. It hurt, but didn't harm, him.

jplatinum
Nobody expect goku after he absorbed the dragonballs in dbgt,galactus(50%),lt,lucifer,beyonder, you get where I'm goin' with this.

Anybody under these levels die quick and easy.

Ex11B
Composite Superman

the Darkone
The Runner will speed blitz him to death, the runner can increase strength beyond superman's. Champion of the Universe will kick his a$$. Both Tyrant's are over kill. Odin/Zeus/Rune King Thor will smite him with a word even Pre-crisis darkseid will b***h slap him.

olympian
Who was Superman figthing in that scan?

JediMasterLuke5
The thing is nobody beats pre-crisis Superman.

olympian
He was beaten quite a few times.

Any info about the "cloud man" that is in that page?

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by olympian
He was beaten quite a few times.

Any info about the "cloud man" that is in that page?
Who hasnt been beaten? Still no one can take him.

long pig
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
The thing is nobody beats pre-crisis Superman.

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Who hasnt been beaten? Still no one can take him.

....laughing

olympian
If you admit he has.

How can you say after that no one can take him?

I got lost here. That doesnt happen often.

grey fox
Mega man can take him .

Because he's more then a man. He's a MEGA-MAN!!!!!

(lame , lame joke , aint i sad)

JediMasterLuke5
If you admit he has.

How can you say after that no one can take him?

I got lost here. That doesnt happen often.
Ok Pre-Crisis superman has been beaten but that was only to make the story line seem better, Superman eventually came back and beat them didnt he? So its like he never lost to them becuz now theyre equal.

olympian
"Ok Pre-Crisis superman has been beaten but that was only to make the story line seem better, Superman eventually came back and beat them didnt he?"

How come when he loses its only to make the story better and he wins is legit?

And no. There are beings he never won against.

And others who regularly matched him, losing some and winning some.

Adam Warlock
Skeletor made him his slave. Pre-Crisis Darkseid used Superman as ass wipes a few times. Does that count?

olympian
Yup.

yahman
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNNN ! smile

Adam Warlock
The Keeper could beat him.

olympian
" HEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNNN "

One of the best there is. The best there was. And the best there ever will be.

yahman
Pre Crisis Validus !!!!!!!!! Pre Crisis Mongul was apprently a bit of a badass also.

olympian
Both were. Also another guy that was even stated to be perhaps stronger than PC validus.

As per usual i dont recall the damn name. He seemed like a huge fire monster.

severance

ZephroCarnelian
Olympian - the cloud guy in that pic is a storm god from another dimension. A being of pure magic. The 'god' blasted him with magic lightning and mach speed winds, all to no avail.

Supes defeated him, by flying into another dimension. When the being chased him, Supes fled back to our reality and sealed the other with a 'vibrational barrier.' The same kind of barrier that is explained about in Crisis.

As for the other posts in this forum:

Is Champ magical or KNite powered? If not - his strength and skill mean nothing. Supes Pre-Crsis days was TRULY invulnerable to everything that wasn't magic or KNite. Hell - he was even turned two dimensional once, and STILL beat the crap out of the bad guy. All Supes needs to win this is one punch. Supes punches Champ one second into the past. Read a Pre-C Supes comic and you'll see how ifinitely powerful this move is. smile

Skeletor's magic is lethal to Supes. But if bloodlust is on, Skeletor is dead before he can think to zap Supes with a spell.

He-Man is also immensely powerful, but again - insta-history punch, as per champ.

Pre-C Darkseid is mega-powerful. But Supes was holding back in their every encounter, so the jury is out on that one.

Odin/Zeus/KingThor - they would win if they had a split-second's prep. If not, then Supes whips up a vibrational barrier around himself that refracts all magic. He's done this in the past. Alternatively, he does an IHP.

Is the Runner magical? If not, regardless of his speed or strength, he dies. Supes could fly into a dimsenion where there is no space/time contiuum. Everything would be frozen in place. Except Supes, who is totally immune to any effects of space/time. Runner would be easy pickings then.

Unless you are a being of the highest Cosmic order, or have magical powers WITH prep, or are fighting in a room full of KNite.... you cannot defeat a bloodlust Pre-Crisis Superman.

smile

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

Pre-C Darkseid is mega-powerful. But Supes was holding back in their every encounter, so the jury is out on that one.

Odin/Zeus/KingThor - they would win if they had a split-second's prep. If not, then Supes whips up a vibrational barrier around himself that refracts all magic. He's done this in the past. Alternatively, he does an IHP.

smile

Draco said Pre-Crisis Darkseid was the Anit-Life Equation and Superman could never defeat him.

Odin/Zeus/Thor can win. Rune Thor all the more so.

Odin Zeus = Rune Thor(The Allfather/Super Skyfather)

Strange and Fate would own him.

olympian
Considering that Superman its not the only being able to go all out.

I dont see him winning against the Gods and Darkseid.

yahman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Draco said Pre-Crisis Darkseid was the Anit-Life Equation and Superman could never defeat him.

Odin/Zeus/Thor can win. Rune Thor all the more so.

Odin + Zeus = Rune Thor

Strange and Fate would own him.

I think Draco said that Darksied would never kill Supes. smile

olympian
That would be on Christmas time. He had his good moments.

yahman
That would be on Christmas time. He had his good moments.

laughing out loud eek!

Nah .... Something to do with Supes containing part of the Anti Life Equation ?

long pig
Orion beat his pre-crisis ass.

yahman
Originally posted by long pig
Orion beat his pre-crisis ass.

Has any seen how fat Orion gets in Kingdom come ?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by yahman
I think Draco said that Darksied would never kill Supes. smile

But he could if he wanted to. smile

ZephroCarnelian
The higher gods' magic (Odin/Zeus/RKT) could very well effect him.

Unless he set up a vibrational barrier about himself. Or phased himself slightly out of time/existence, only phasing back in to connect his attacks. Or he could simply IHP them before they move.

Strange and Fate are DEAD. How can they stand a chance against someone who flies across the entire UNIVERSE in seconds....? They are dead within the first instant.

Hell - there's millions of ways that Supes could kill both Strange and Fate before they even start to move or think.

He could strike them with fists/feet.

He could IHP them.

He could throw them into a far dimension where there exists no space/time continuum - then spend eternity pulling them to bits at his own leisure (Supes is immune to changes/absence in the spacetiem continuum).

He could vapourise them (his eyes can ignite a dying star).

He could blow them away - his breath can blow out stars.

He can do all of these things at hundreds, nay thousands, nay hundreds of thousands of times the speed of light.

No mere magic wielding mortal can hope to match a bloodlusted Superman without having preptime.

smile

And as for people who beat Supes without using magic or KNite.

Remember - Supes was only using a fraction of his power. All the time. Proven. smile

Thanks peeps.

jrodslam

Looks just like his daddy. Caught me off-guard.

yahman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
But he could if he wanted to. smile

Indeed smile

I can't understand why he didn't just open a can of Omega effect on Supes, and then ressurect him when he could be assed to solve the equation ?

Adam Warlock
Oh, I made a mistake, I meant Strange could take him. I don't know about Fate. smile

If Strange was bloodlusted it would be over fast.

smile

yahman
Originally posted by jrodslam
Looks just like his daddy. Caught me off-guard.

He looks like Father Christmas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
He wasn't fat, he was just wide. Like Darkseid.

Actually, he looked just like Darkseid and even controlled his Astro Force from his eyes ala Omega Beams.

Strange could take him, he'd just need a few minutes prep. Like 10.

yahman
Originally posted by long pig
He wasn't fat, he was just wide. Like Darkseid.

Actually, he looked just like Darkseid and even controlled his Astro Force from his eyes ala Omega Beams.

Are you one of these ' Im not fat im big boned' people ? wink

long pig
laughing

He was pleasantly plump.

the Darkone
Aunt May will beat pre-crisis superman, she has the Twinkie the most powerful weapon in the universe.

ZephroCarnelian
lol!

You mean hostess fruit pies?

Even the Man of Steel can't resist the crumbly golden pastry and the delicious fruit filling!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.