Why do Christians get so mad about non-Christians saying that there is no god?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury
Well?

debbiejo
For Christians it must be Christ..But, I bet someone will say Peter... roll eyes (sarcastic) Then again, it might be finti..the Viking god of sitting on the couch, drinking beer and watching a game. I guess it depends on your denomination.

vicki horvath
For Christians, it is Jesus Christ.

debbiejo
In all honesty the truth of the church can be found in the "Mithras", Sun worship.

www.askwhy.co.uk

finti
debbie is right,............its me

finti
according to the scripture Peter was to rock which upon jesus should build his church, the church is all about jesus though so i guess the answer has to be jesus

Jury
Actually, it was not Peter to which the Church was built upon when Jesus said: "and upon this rock I will build my church".

Jesus meant Himself. And Peter says it's Jesus.

smile

finti
the rock was peter

yerssot
if you go historical and past the 'truths' the church has forced upon us, it's Mary Magdalene with her convincing the others that Jesus had risen from the dead

lil bitchiness
Maybe she thought she saw him...you know, like people who cannot get over someone dying and see them everywhere?

Or in denial, as some would call it.

Jury
Yes. Peter's name is literally a "rock"... but he was not him considered by Jesus as the Rock to which the Chrch must be built upon.

finti
well others have a different opinion on this matter, guess thats why christianity is such a laugh, they cant even agree upon how to interpreter their own holy book.

yerssot
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Maybe she thought she saw him...you know, like people who cannot get over someone dying and see them everywhere?

Or in denial, as some would call it.
my post was not to get into a talk about her being absolutely right or lying or whatever, I ment that by her saying that Jesus was still alive she saved christianity from a silent death

debbiejo
When Jesus said that "On the rock I will build my church", he meant that on the truth of what Peter was saying (being Jesus), that his church would grow.

finti
Matt. 16, 15-18: "'And you,' he said to them, 'who do you say that I am?' 'You are the Messiah,' Simon Peter answered, the Son of the living God!' Jesus replied, 'Blest are you, Simon son of John! No mere man has revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. I for my part declare to you, you are Rock and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevail against it.'"
well this version clearly states that peter is the rock, but then again there are other versions of this same Matt 16:15-18 so the confusion is total

Jury
Matthew 16:13-20 - to make the situation complete.
(New King James Version)

Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ

13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"

14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

Very clear indeed. The subject in this discussion is no one else but Jesus - the Christ - the Rock.

smile

finti
maybe to you that is to ohters it might not be so, and I dont see you being more right or wrong than them

Jury
Not only according to me. Also according to the Apostles and Peter himself.

smile

finti
now who said he was right cool

Jury
We Christians. smile

finti
even the christians debate this issue of who the rock is

Jury
Yes. Because there are True and False followers of Christ.

finti
i would call them a confused lot rather than false followers, just because they have a problem understanding the scriptures shouldn't qualify them for the title false followers

Jury
Actually, there are True, Confused, and really False ones.

Jury
So Prince, who do you think is the Foundation Stone of the Church? Christ or Peter?

Lazerlike42
If you read the text in the original Greek, it is easy to see that Jesus was not talking about Peter. The Greek language is very specific in the way words relate to one another. The way it is written, it is gramatically impossible for Jesus to be referring to Peter. He is referring to the actual rock that Peter was standing on in a symbolic way, as it was on that rock that Peter made the first statement of the church.

Also, I am not sure what version it is that was posted up there.... can someone clue me in so I can check it out?

finti
hard to get the original Greek tex, and greek is one of the languages I dont read so it wouldnt help if I had them either...........but are it 100% sure greek was the original text

gp christ loves
the bible was originaly in hebrew

debbiejo
The OT was Hebrew. Jesus spoke Aramaic, and some of the NT is in Greek..I thought it was only Pauls writing that were in the greek though.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by Jury
So Prince, who do you think is the Foundation Stone of the Church? Christ or Peter?

I very much agree with Debbiejo's previous comment,

Originally posted by debbiejo
When Jesus said that "On the rock I will build my church", he meant that on the truth of what Peter was saying (being Jesus), that his church would grow.

Christ is the corner stone of his Church. But the church is not made up of him alone, like the corner stone does not make up the entire foundation of a building. The Church is also founded on the people. Tying it it in to what Debbiejo said, the truth to what we all hold in common (being Jesus) makes us the rock of this Church, as well as the apostles.

Lazerlike42
All of the epistles were in Greek, and I can't recall 100%, but if any of the gospels were in Aramaic it was at most one of them. Greek was used back then for the same reason english is used today, because it was a language that people in every part of the (known) world would be familiar with.

debbiejo
In my Strongs concordance it has it broken up into the 3, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. I'll have to go back and look it up, but the original teachings of Jesus should of been recorded in Aramaic, but I'll go check.

Lazerlike42
It is speculated that Matthew may originally have been written in Aramaic, though the other 3 were almost certainly written in Greek.

There is no doubt Luke was, because Luke was a very well educated man and a historian who always wrote in Greek.

John was writing his for pagans who would have been more familiar with Greek than anything else.

Mark was probably written in Greek for similar reasons to Luke's.

Matthew is the only one in question, because Papias wrote that Matthew was written in Aramaic. It would make some sense, because his was for Jews, whom would have spoken Aramaic.

Whatever the case may be, not a single Aramaic manuscript has ever been found so everything we have has come from Greek.

debbiejo
Along with some pagan beliefs. Though reading only books from the right arm of Babylon (Christian Book store), would lead you to see things differently.

Shakyamunison
What dose it matter to you, if other people believe differently then you do?
Why do you get so upset by the wrong behavior of other people who are not Christians?

I know that most Christians are good people who care and love their neighbors, but I am so confused by some of the posts here on this forum. I know the teachings of Jesus and I am sure that he would not approve of some of the things I have seen. Now, I know that non-Christians can be very rude and vile, but they do not follow the teaching of Jesus. For Christians to be just like the non-Christians is not in keeping with the words of Jesus.

Please feel free to discuss this matter here on this thread.
big grin

debbiejo
Probably because the follow more of Pauls teachings then Jesus... reading....Also, through in some denominations like from the reformation, and Johnathan Edwards (In the hands of an angry god) sermon....and though I think many do really and sincerely want everyone to be in heaven, and feel that you are being deceived by Satan....

soleran30
Because its God's will that they share is word to those non believers to save their sole's doh errr soul's yeah thats the ticket

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by soleran30
Because its God's will that they share is word to those non believers to save their sole's doh errr soul's yeah thats the ticket

Yes, but by being so rude?

soleran30
lol they don't teach manners in the bibble Shakysmile Its stoned or be stoned........DOH what hell does that meansmile I much prefer some of the eastern philosphies and their more disciplined gentle touch but I did grow up catholic, altar boy, latin masses and the WHOLE shabang.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yes, but by being so rude?

OK....because they're mean mean people....deceived by the fake holy spirit, don't live the fruits....and can't tell jokes....they're frustrated cause they're not allowed to dance, or go to movies, or drink, or think naughty thoughts.....So, now it comes out like this......."AAAAAAAAHHHH YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!" eek!

They can't take the pressure anymore!!!

blowup

Spelljammer
Well if you're such an ass-hole where you purposely go up to Christians and call them an idiot for believing in God, SpellJammer will just punch you in the face and spit on you. Not say a word. Well maybe after the loogie "SATAN'S WHERE THE MONEY'S AT *****!" laughing out loud

But seriously, if you have to make meation of it. Then you're an ass and you deserve whatever you get. It'd be like SpellJammer saying your mom is a whore, wether it's true or not. It's just not a nice thing to do. And unless there's something wrong with you, you should get angery..

Legend Of Chibi
Why do you get so upset by the wrong behavior of other people who are not Christians?

I know that most Christians are good people who care and love their neighbors, but I am so confused by some of the posts here on this forum. I know the teachings of Jesus and I am sure that he would not approve of some of the things I have seen. Now, I know that non-Christians can be very rude and vile, but they do not follow the teaching of Jesus. For Christians to be just like the non-Christians is not in keeping with the words of Jesus.

big grin

Let's just say it's hypocritical of Non-christians saying there is no god asif it's fact, but it ain't. Then people don't like christians because they say that god exists as fact.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Well if you're such an ass-hole where you purposely go up to Christians and call them an idiot for believing in God, SpellJammer will just punch you in the face and spit on you. Not say a word. Well maybe after the loogie "SATAN'S WHERE THE MONEY'S AT *****!" laughing out loud

But seriously, if you have to make meation of it. Then you're an ass and you deserve whatever you get. It'd be like SpellJammer saying your mom is a whore, wether it's true or not. It's just not a nice thing to do. And unless there's something wrong with you, you should get angery..

Have you ever read the words of Jesus?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Let's just say it's hypocritical of Non-christians saying there is no god asif it's fact, but it ain't. Then people don't like christians because they say that god exists as fact.

But if you are a Christian, isn't there a code of conduct. Is there a way you should be; like, turn the other cheek?

Legend Of Chibi
OK....because they're mean mean people....deceived by the fake holy spirit, don't live the fruits....and can't tell jokes....they're frustrated cause they're not allowed to dance, or go to movies, or drink, or think naughty thoughts.....So, now it comes out like this......."AAAAAAAAHHHH YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!" eek!

They can't take the pressure anymore!!!

blowup

Wow, you said a whole load of nothing there.

You've said your stereotypical view of christianity, now i'll tell you my stereotypical view of most of non-christianity.

A unfair world full of spite, murder, cowardice, greed, jealousy, TOO-MUCH freedom, anti-social etc.

So you think it's alright to drink till you can't think and murder someone.
And you think it's ok to hate someone too? Man... That really helps my view of non-christians.

soleran30
Well the good thing is that even if you don't like non-christians its your job to love themsmile At least thats what the bible says........

Legend Of Chibi
But if you are a Christian, isn't there a code of conduct. Is there a way you should be; like, turn the other cheek?

Turn the other cheek if someone annoys you etc, but it doesn't annoy me, i just say it's hypocritical. And most likely so do other christians here. They just, um, get annoyed. I like pointing out hypocritical things, honestly.

Legend Of Chibi
Well the good thing is that even if you don't like non-christians its your job to love themsmile At least thats what the bible says........

Hey, who said I hated them? That was just my stereotypical view of how i feel most of them are.

I have friends who are non-christian. lol.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Wow, you said a whole load of nothing there.

So you think it's alright to drink till you can't think and murder someone.
. laughing out loud

Only when I'm not torturing small animals.... wink

Legend Of Chibi
laughing out loud

Only when I'm not torturing small animals.... wink

blink I am glad i am not on your side of the internet *shivers*

debbiejo
laughing out loud *puts knife away*

soleran30
Well honestly I never said you were a hater....anyway I understand where Shaky is coming from though tolerance is important with religious views........but in the end everyone is human and has their thresholds then WHACK just like a rubber band you pull to far it ends up hitting you lol

Shakyamunison
Well honestly I never said you were a hater....anyway I understand where Shaky is coming from though tolerance is important with religious views........but in the end everyone is human and has their thresholds then WHACK just like a rubber band you pull to far it ends up hitting you lol

You are correct, people have their limits. But sometimes I wonder if it's not because they know that they will be forgiven if they do a sin.

soleran30
LOL isn't that the funniest thing about christianity.......sin sin sin premarital sex sin drink drug sin .........oh and by the way lord I am sorry for my sins.......Ok child I left a spot right here for you just in case you would see things my way again rolling on floor laughing

BackFire
Because most people don't like to have their beliefs questioned and challenged.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
Because most people don't like to have their beliefs questioned and challenged.

Having your beliefs questions is the best way to understand your beliefs, and understanding leads to strength, were as, anger leads to weakness.

soleran30
Well not all religion teaches tolerance. So finding the people that don't are easy they are sore thumbs.....the ones that don't practice tolerance are the screamers....

BackFire
Having your beliefs questions is the best way to understand your beliefs, and understanding leads to strength, were as, anger leads to weakness.

Yes.

But people still don't like it usually, especially when it comes to their religion.

soleran30
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes.

But people still don't like it usually, especially when it comes to their religion.

lol or for that matter tell someone their car is stupid.......or how about your house is practically a shack or maybe the infamous your momma sucks...... no one wants to admit they are wrong or they made a bad choice. People like to feel warm and fuzzy about their choicessmile

Shakyamunison
lol or for that matter tell someone their car is stupid.......or how about your house is practically a shack or maybe the infamous your momma sucks...... no one wants to admit they are wrong or they made a bad choice. People like to feel warm and fuzzy about their choicessmile

Are you making excuses for the bad behavior of these Christians?

debbiejo
It's blind ignorance of what you believe.....simple point!

Great Vengeance
Most christians dont even follow their own code...they just assume what they do is good enough.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Most christians dont even follow their own code...they just assume what they do is good enough.

It's because "Jesus Saves".....No matter what...Just believe.

Reminds me of a joke about satan and jesus seeing all they can do to influence the human race.....Well The power went out....and in the end Satan was told by god that he lost....Satan asked how could that be???? The power went out....God answered and said Jesus saves.......LOL

debbiejo
embarrasment OH forgot...it was on their pc.....and Jesus saved... big grin

Shakyamunison
So the Christians that I am talking about are really not Christians?

finti
because it triggers their own personal doubts about the matter and that bugs the hell put of them

lil bitchiness

big grin

Which non-Christians say there is no God, apart from athiests and buddhists?

As far as I know, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikh, Baha'i, Pagan all believe in God / Gods and they are all non-christians.

What more is that Hindus believe in Jesus as being one of the avatars, Muslims believe in Jesus to be the prophet as well, but no son of god. Baha'i mention Jesus as well.
And they all believe in God.

Why are you grouping all non-Christians together, when non-christians are vast in beliefs? You does not equal all non-christians.

sonnet
Yes, love them enough to bring them the Gospel, not to join them or go along with them.

finti
in other words love them enough to annoy them

sonnet

As far as I know, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikh, Baha'i, Pagan all believe in God / Gods and they are all non-christians.

What more is that Hindus believe in Jesus as being one of the avatars, Muslims believe in Jesus to be the prophet as well, but no son of god. Baha'i mention Jesus as well.

Why are you grouping all non-Christians together, when non-christians are vast in beliefs? You does not equal all non-christians.
Do you realy believe that all the different religions believe in the same God?

sonnet
Originally posted by finti
in other words love them enough to annoy them
the fact that you get annoyed is for you to deal with, we are commited to doing God's will.

finti
then you all need to take responsibility of the consequences of what could happens next too then..

sonnet
Originally posted by finti
then you all need to take responsibility of the consequences of what could happens next too then..
Because we read and believe what is written in the Bible it is no surprise to us that people make fun of us, mock us, spit on us, are rude or that some even still are killed for believing. Our faith is stronger than all of that and we do not look at what happens now but at everlasting life with God for those who believed and perservered in the faith. We also know that there are consequences for those who do these things to the children of God.

finti
a stick your head in the sand tactic

soleran30
Are you making excuses for the bad behavior of these Christians?

Nope just call me captain obvious.......this is true of most people. So they just defend what they think is right or believe to be true.

Shakyamunison

That is not were the problem is.

soleran30
That is not were the problem is.

LOL apparently the problem is the people you talk to then becuase I work around and am friends with several SERIOUS christians and I never have a problem they are very courteous regardless of how heated our discussions get.

Shakyamunison
LOL apparently the problem is the people you talk to then becuase I work around and am friends with several SERIOUS christians and I never have a problem they are very courteous regardless of how heated our discussions get.

Forgive me but I wasn't talking to you. She wanted to know why I grouped all non-Christians into not believing in god. I realize most non-Christians believe in God. The point of this thread is; why do some Christians, on this forum, get so upset by non-Christians saying there is no god. I would not care if anyone said that Buddha was a fake, and I would not get mad about it. I know some Christians are fine, but again, that's not the problem. What I am trying to get at is; people should not get upset if someone else believes differently then them. big grin

soleran30
Forgive me but I wasn't talking to you. She wanted to know why I grouped all non-Christians into not believing in god. I realize most non-Christians believe in God. The point of this thread is; why do some Christians, on this forum, get so upset by non-Christians saying there is no god. I would not care if anyone said that Buddha was a fake, and I would not get mad about it. I know some Christians are fine, but again, that's not the problem. What I am trying to get at is; people should not get upset if someone else believes differently then them. big grin

I realize your statement was directed elsewhere but public forum so I chirped in big grin But correct me if I am wrong but the easten philosophies tend to lean twards a broader uinderstanding and to enrich through expanding possibilities whereas Christianity for example doesn't like that they have a doctrine they must follow closely.

Shakyamunison
I realize your statement was directed elsewhere but public forum so I chirped in big grin But correct me if I am wrong but the easten philosophies tend to lean twards a broader uinderstanding and to enrich through expanding possibilities whereas Christianity for example doesn't like that they have a doctrine they must follow closely.

What you said is at the heart of this thread; Jesus talked about forgiveness and compassion, if you followed the teachings of Jesus, wouldn't you have compassion for the sinner? I think that Jesus, if he was on this forum, would never say "f*ck you" or "you are a stupid a*s". Am I wrong about this?

soleran30
What you said is at the heart of this thread; Jesus talked about forgiveness and compassion, if you followed the teachings of Jesus, wouldn't you have compassion for the sinner? I think that Jesus, if he was on this forum, would never say "f*ck you" or "you are a stupid a*s". Am I wrong about this?

Yup I agree and I will throw 2 things out there.......people are human (duh of course) and the fact that perhaps Age might be a factor on the forums as well. Now sit with me brother and lets close our eyes to the light that is so bright and enriching in christianity that sometimes it blinds it followers lolsmile

Shakyamunison
Yup I agree and I will throw 2 things out there.......people are human (duh of course) and the fact that perhaps Age might be a factor on the forums as well. Now sit with me brother and lets close our eyes to the light that is so bright and enriching in christianity that sometimes it blinds it followers lolsmile

I understand, and to be honest, I know the answer, but I want people to think about it, and the best way to do that is to ask a question.

debbiejo

Most of my friends are also Christians, but there are things that I just cannot mention around them....I've tried....It always comes to "Satan is a lier and a deceiver you know.".....Making me feel deceived...

But people who have open minds will be able to discuss anything and still leave without the condemnation, or poor pitiful clueless one...

That's what I don't like....I'm not clueless....

reading

And I'm saying I don't believe in something....It's just different.

gp christ loves
i personally don't get mad when people say that there is no god i get upset that they don't believe and that they are lost it is said to know that someone is going to perish and burn in hell

debbiejo
Originally posted by gp christ loves
i personally don't get mad when people say that there is no god i get upset that they don't believe and that they are lost it is said to know that someone is going to perish and burn in hell

Exactly......I've been there too.....you don't want anyone to burn forever.....But the truth is that there is no such place.....

gp christ loves
i'm sorry to break it to you debbie but there is such a place as hell and it is told about in detail in the bible there is heaven and there is hell and there will be those who go to heaven and those who go to hell

Shakyamunison

Please, instead of turning your emotions to "upset", change to compassion and pray for the person. Some people believe differently then you; I believe that hell is a state of mind and I see someone like you as having to suffer over a non-truth. I chant (pray) for people like you to come to the my truth, you should do the same for me.

debbiejo
i'm sorry to break it to you debbie but there is such a place as hell and it is told about in detail in the bible there is heaven and there is hell and there will be those who go to heaven and those who go to hell

I broke my own bubble of isolation to what I was told was real and not real....It's called Knowledge.... wink

Shakyamunison
Should it matter?

meep-meep
While I myself am not a devote follower of any religion, although my family is Catholic, I don't get mad oneway or the other if someone believes in a God or not. What I get mad at is someone telling me I'm wrong for my beliefs even if I know both sides of the argument through and through.

KPrince
Hi Everyone!

debbiejo
Hi you......what, no comment on this thread?...lol

KPrince
Hi you......what, no comment on this thread?...lol

Why should I comment? Unless Shakymunison is referring to me being one of these retaliatory Christians...are you Shaky?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KPrince
Why should I comment? Unless Shakymunison is referring to me being one of these retaliatory Christians...are you Shaky?

From what little I know of you, I would say that I was not referring to you. I wish you great happiness. big grin

KPrince
From what little I know of you, I would say that I was not referring to you. I wish you great happiness. big grin

As do I wish you all the best this year, friend. smile

Capt_Fantastic

Because they're afraid the non-christians are right. It's all insecurity in their own religion and beliefs.

debbiejo
I think many feel non believers are so blinded and stupid not to see the so called truth in front of them. And it frustrates them thinking we are idiots....

InvisibleAngell
Very right

^

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.