....never to attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wilcar
Yoda in te ESB, says to Luke that a Jedi uses the force just as defence and knowledge....never to attack. However in ROTS he is the first to pull out his lightsaber and the firts to give a sword movement in the duel with palps. So... he attacks first? why? What do you think?

darthvader_fan
who cares

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Wilcar
Yoda in te ESB, says to Luke that a Jedi uses the force just as defence and knowledge....never to attack. However in ROTS he is the first to pull out his lightsaber and the firts to give a sword movement in the duel with palps. So... he attacks first? why? What do you think?

Well not to be a smartass or anything, but pulling out his lightsaber isn't using the force. Therefore he's not using it for attack in this particular scene.

Ogami Itto
Yoda doesn't use the force Until Sids attacks him!!
So what he says was true, from a certain point of view!

Ushgarak
This is just over-literal meaning.

It's not 'always let enemies take the first shot at you." That's a good way to simply lose your fights.

Jedi never take the overall offensive. Obi-Wan was acting to protect, not destroy, Anakin had to be stopped. The Jedi in that war fought to defend the Republic, not to invade the Confederacy. But that would have invoplved invasion of planets; if they could never attack, they would be boned pretty quickly, hmm?

JediLikeToDance
Don't forget that Yoda was younger and perhaps more foolish in Episode III than in V and VI. Besides, we heard that he admitted to Qui-Gon that he had much to learn, and "your apprentice I shall become"...

Could be that he learned a valuable lesson from the duel in III. eek!

Or it could be that Lucas just wanted to change up Yoda for the prequels. Happy Dance

Either way, I don't really give a rat's ass! eek!

masterkit
Im goin with Ushgarak

chinabing
Palp's red guards began to attack Yoda in the doorway, as Yoda could sense their evil intent. ('Attack' meaning move towards their weapons, which is good enough intent for Yoda who can sense that kind of thing!)

Besides, Yoda's task was to destroy the sith. There's no time for namby-pamby navel-gazing when it's time to act. It might mean striking first.

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, didn't twirl his lightsaber and stab Anakin, putting him out of his misery on the lava hillside. That act was the act of a Jedi, and later it would work out that it would save the Galaxy.

Alkaselzer
Destroying the Sith by attacking Palps would be included in 'Defending the rest of the Galaxy from being sacked and raped by evil people.'

DeVi| D0do
Sidious made the first move by electrocuting Yoda's ass...

kalsemo
Originally posted by chinabing
namby-pamby navel-gazing

teehee lol

Lord Mader
What I think is...
Well Yoda probably was pissed of a palp since he was the once ordering to kill all the jedi and if he were to escape everyone would be screwed

Lord J
just coz he attacked first doesnt mean he wasnt defending himself

think if there was someone you really hated and they somehow shot lightening at you you would attack them

darthmaul1
All it means is, that a jedi won't attack or hurt someone with the force unless it is in selfdefence. Like Obi-wan force pushing Greivous. A jedi in the middle of a battle will not force push some poor sap off a bridge or out a window.

Boris
Yoda is evil, simple.

Tangible God
He IS evil.

The damn frog ate my lunch.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by Tangible God
He IS evil.

The damn frog ate my lunch. No, I ate your lunch! .

Captain REX
No! That's not true! That's impossible!

I have it right here. big grin

JaehSkywalker
its true in my point of view

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.