Ki-Adi-Mundi & Agen Kolar vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
I give it to the two Jedi. Im pretty sure the two are stronger than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Se7in
Ki-Adi and Agen take this.

Deus Ex
I think Darth Maul slaughters both.

Se7in
Why?

Deus Ex
Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi's lightsaber skills are particularly lacking and Agen Kolar got pwned in under five seconds by the same guy that trained Maul. PLus I know from TPM that Maul can keep up a good defense even versus two opponents, and certainly I don't see Agen or Ki greatly outweighing Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan.

Gryn Jabar
Because KHAAAAN is on his side.

Deus Ex
KHAAANNN!!!

darthsith19
The Jedi, unless Maul can get Agen out of the picture quickly like Sidious did. But if he didn't I think Agen's get warmed up and then the Jedi'd win. But it'd be close. Mundi and Kolar are stronger than Obi and Jinn but Jonn and Obi are probably the better team. But still, Jinn/Obi won so why shouldn't Agen/Mundi?

Deus Ex
PIS?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by darthsith19
The Jedi, unless Maul can get Agen out of the picture quickly like Sidious did. But if he didn't I think Agen's get warmed up and then the Jedi'd win. But it'd be close. Mundi and Kolar are stronger than Obi and Jinn but Jonn and Obi are probably the better team. But still, Jinn/Obi won so why shouldn't Agen/Mundi?

Maul defeated them. Defeating someone doesn't always keep you alive.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Maul defeated them. Defeating someone doesn't always keep you alive.
Still, either way it's close.

Janus, where'd you hear Ki-Adi-Mundi's lightsaber skills are particularly lacking?

Deus Ex
A) His inability to contend with GG despite having numerical advantage.

B) His inability to defend blaster bolts from a mere five, six clone troopers.

C) His being captured at Geonosia.

D) No strong evidence otherwise

And we saw Agen Kolar get pwned quicklike.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Deus Ex

A) You know the Microseries exaggerated certain characters (Mace, Grievous) powers. Even if they hadn't exaggerated GG's power he'd still likely beat Mundi, but not all 5 of them at once. And he was the strongest Jedi of the 5.

B) First off, he was caught by surprise. Next, one of the troopers was an ARC. Third, he was the only Jedi who died on a planet other than Courscant who was strong enough to even put up a fight (besides, of course, Yoda). Even Obi-Wan didn't have time to react only survived because the Clones missed him.

C) Only because he, Plo and Kit went and tried to shut down the droid control mechanism. And they destroyed it to, but all the droids had back-up systems installed in them. And they probably let the droids led them back to the arena because that's where they were headed anyways and they knew the droids would just let them into the curcle of survivors.

D) Okay, I guess there's isn't a lot of evidence of his power. Here's some info from the starwars.com databank: As a four-year-old, Ki's raw talents in the Force were discovered by the mysterious Jedi Master known only as the Dark Woman. Upon entering the larger world of the Jedi, the Council assigned Ki-Adi-Mundi to Jedi Master Yoda.

If not for the timely arrival of an elite squad of ARC troopers, Ki's legacy would surely have ended there

The Jedi Council temporarily reassigned Anakin to Ki-Adi-Mundi (when Obi-Wan was presumed dead)

Mundi was part of the upper tier of the Jedi Council along with Yoda and Mace.

And Agen was pretty bad.

Sorgo
...?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Sorgo
...?
Well, if he was a legacy who was on the upper tier of the Council along with Yoda and Mace and was given such a high responsibility as to train Anakin he must be at least of average Jedi Master strength.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
Mundi and Kolar are stronger than Obi and Jinn but and Obi are probably the better team.

Agreed. I say Maul, however. Ki-Adi's saber skills are... sub-par for a jedi with his position, and thats being generous. Agen is actually pretty good, maybe about the same level as Qui Gon, but as we saw, thats not good enough. Maul would try to kick away either one of them and kill the other one on one.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Agreed. I say Maul, however. Ki-Adi's saber skills are... sub-par for a jedi with his position, and thats being generous. Agen is actually pretty good, maybe about the same level as Qui Gon, but as we saw, thats not good enough. Maul would try to kick away either one of them and kill the other one on one.
Yeah, not saying Ki is amazing but he'd not to bad, better than Agen, IMO. And Agen being on the same level as Qui-Gon is riduculous. You think QG would just stand still and look stupid while Sidious cut him down? You think Agen could last 40 seconds straight with Maul? No way.

DrDoom101
Ki-Adi-Mundi survived the Geonosian battle, but he was shot down by clones. I think Ki is slightly stronger than Qui-Gon. Agen is either stronger or equal to Qui-Gon. Ill give it to the Jedi.

jollyjim311
True. They are both probably somewhere inbetween the level of TPM Obi Wan and Qui Gon, but lack the team synergy. I stick with Maul.

DrDoom101
they're not between Obi and Qui-Gon. I think Qui-Gon would be as strong as a regualr average Jedi Knight.

Deus Ex
I like how everyone's slinging around "I think person A is this strong" and calling it a sound choice. Folks... not only is this Revenge of the Nobodies type thread, but there is no evidence to show Agen Kolar and Ki are even decent fighters; comparing them to others is moot unless you can draw specific instances and compare them. I haven't seen that yet, and frankly, I have every reason to believe that Maul could whup their ass.

masterkit
I think Agen would die fairly quickly. Maul would win, but Ki-Adi would last pretty long.

Deus Ex
... Like I said.

Lord Simus
The fact remains Maul wins.

darthsith19
Ki proved in at least 2 different occassiong to be superior to Aayla Secura, who beat Aurra Sing, who is not the strongest but also not weak and good at fighting Jedi.

Deus Ex
... Who lived in the house Jack built.

Proves what exactly?

darthsith19
... Who lived in the house Jack built.

Proves what exactly?
There's proof that Ki's at least a decent fighter.

Deus Ex
Alright, I'll give you that.

Maul pwns.

lol

jollyjim311
Ki is an OK fighter,just not good when compared to the other masters, he is The worst on the council by far. His force powers are very good, however.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Ki is an OK fighter,just not good when compared to the other masters, he is The worst on the council by far. His force powers are very good, however.
The worst? Really? I find it hard to believe he'd lose to Trebor, Tiin or Kolar and he did about as well against Grievous as Shaak Ti did.

DrDoom101
Ki-Adi-Mundi survived Genral Grievous, good enough

Deus Ex
I like how everyone's slinging around "I think person A is this strong" and calling it a sound choice. Folks... not only is this Revenge of the Nobodies type thread, but there is no evidence to show Agen Kolar and Ki are even decent fighters; comparing them to others is moot unless you can draw specific instances and compare them. I haven't seen that yet, and frankly, I have every reason to believe that Maul could whup their ass.

jollyjim311
He would have died had it not been for the ARC troopers.

Deus Ex
Yeah, and Mace would never died had it not been for Anakin.

See? That isn't very sound.

jollyjim311
True. what I meant was GG was out of Ki's leauge.

DrDoom101
did Matthew Stover ever mention in the ROTS novel why Mace specifically picked those three Jedi to come with him?

Deus Ex
Well, kudos to the person who spotted the ARC. I personally never noticed. I don't care much for clones.

DrDoom101
someone answer my previous question

Deus Ex
Cuz they were the only ones around?

DrDoom101
what about shaak ti, cin drallig, or any other Jedi that did not study Niman?

Deus Ex
Each were presumably busy. Mace was getting jedi masters together and was ready to go before he was stopped. He wasn't exactly readying for a war, just an arrest. The ones he selected were probably to help witness the event or to help if there were a problem with the Royal guard.

DrDoom101
oh ok. thanks

spiderboy5
i cant believe kolar sucked that bad in ROTS. and at least sasee should jump out of the way instead of waitng to be killed byu palpatine.........

Council#13
Okay two things. Number one: Sorgo, i love ur change of avatar and sig.
Number Two. It would be neat to see both Maul and Agen fighting as they are the same species. But doesnt anyone think that Ki's head gets in his way of fighting?

DrDoom101
first of all, how is his head getting in the way?
second of all, you're being racist. jk

Council#13
Wouldnt ur head get in the way if it was 3 feet tall?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Council#13
Okay two things. Number one: Sorgo, i love ur change of avatar and sig.
Number Two. It would be neat to see both Maul and Agen fighting as they are the same species. But doesnt anyone think that Ki's head gets in his way of fighting?

Thanks! big grin

Council#13
ur welcome

Council#13
So u dont think that his head will get in the way?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Council#13
So u dont think that his head will get in the way?

No. His tentacles go down his Laterals on his back.

Council#13
I dont think that ki-adi-mundi has tentacles. Unless u mean the hair on the top of his head that have been tied into a sort of ponytail

Deus Ex
No, that won't stop his craptastic skillz.

Council#13
Yeah, Mundi hasnt really ever shown that great skills. All he took out were like 2 clones (or none) before he died. But then, Aayla just looked like someone poked her then she was shot. Meanwhile, Stass must have been blind cause she didnt see her two clones drop behind her.

Ki-Adi
agen can take maul all by himself and with ki it wouldnt be afight but a murder

Se7in
Well, when you imagine you're fighting besides people whos lives you have saved and vice verse, as well as lead to countless victories and need to achieve victory seeing as you're on a war-torn planet, I wouldn't suspect much. Not to mention Jedi were led to believe these things were had unfledgling loyalty, though only to the Chancellor.

truejedi

I always thought it odd that the Padawan at the Jedi Temple did a better job cutting down clones than Adi Mundi did. Anybody want to give a reason whY?

Gryn Jabar
Because Mundi was shot in the back after a long and gruelling campaign, whereas the Padawan's had heard the clones marching into the temple and were ready?

truejedi
B) First off, he was caught by surprise. Next, one of the troopers was an ARC. Third, he was the only Jedi who died on a planet other than Courscant who was strong enough to even put up a fight (besides, of course, Yoda). Even Obi-Wan didn't have time to react only survived because the Clones missed him.

And then i read on... i don't know though. He reacted, and knew what was going on before they started shooting. Obi did react, but they were shooting at him with a cannon, his only option would have been to jump off his dragon mount out of range of the fire, not real easy to do. I think he made the clones miss by the reaction he tried.

truejedi
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Because Mundi was shot in the back after a long and gruelling campaign, whereas the Padawan's had heard the clones marching into the temple and were ready?

This could be true, though how tired are council members supposed to be allowed to get? Yoda and Obi waste a whole lot of clones, and you know they hadn't exactly been sleeping well after having the rest of the Jedi order get slaughtered.

Deus Ex
I don't buy that the padawans were ready. After all, most jedi were caught unawares. Shaak Ti for instance was stealth killed by Anakin while meditating.

Tangible God
In the deleted scenes we see Shaak get stabbed by the Doctor...I mean General Grievous.

I feel that was the second funniest Jedi death.

truejedi
Originally posted by Tangible God
In the deleted scenes we see Shaak get stabbed by the Doctor...I mean General Grievous.

I feel that was the second funniest Jedi death.
behind which one?
most useless at least. why the heck was she just sitting there? are Jedi allowed to do that? don't they have to keep fighting or something?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.