"Harry Potter is a Fraud"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
A rather interesting article on the character of Harry Potter:

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2073627

It DOES raise some very interesting points that may or may not change your opinion on Harry Potter.

div
tht was written by some "excuse the french" jackass critic...
a good critic tells of the positives in the books/films/..
a bad critic is some little depressed man/woman who looks into films/books for the negatives is people thought harry potter was a lie or a fraud it simply wouldnt be as successful as it has been!
When you look at it from the perspective of the critic it could be argued but harry potter is not just about his skills and abilitys its an exciting story . And saying harry is just the same as ron and hermione maybe correct but harry has a destiny a prophecy for him not for hermione an ron..that is what makes him special and i am insulted by this persons lies!!

Draco69
I agree that critics SERIOUSLY need to get laid....

Barker
Only Read the firsty paragragh before I threw up.........Is it supposed to be a Bitching rant Becuase Of the Title Names? What the f**k?

shaber
>> He can only do it instinctively.) When Harry stabs a basilisk in Chamber of Secrets, Rowling writes that he did it "without thinking, without considering, as though he had meant to do it all along." <<

Actually this was written with regards to Harry stabbing the Horcrux.

Draco69
????

shanie623
LOL. I found the article rather amusing.

div
well i think we awl agree anyway tht its a load of crap from a sex deprived depressed critic

nick1811
lol, that guy DOES realise that Harry Potter isnt real, doesnt he?

Ushgarak
I dunn why you guys are so unhappy. This article- written 3 years ago- is absolutely right. Potter himself admits as much in the later books- that everything he achieved was either as a result of teamwork or luck. It is why he hates his hero status.

What makes Harry the focus of the book is not his super-powers or ability to destroy evil single-handed; it is his courage, tenacity and loyalty to his friends. That is why when these qualities are fading in Order of the Phoenix, Potter is in serious trouble, and he pays for it.

At the end of Half-Blood Prince, Potter makes a conscious dcision to try and be a hero for real. No-one can pamper him any more.

The guy who wrote this article is spot on, he just didn't know it was a deliberate part of Potter's set-up by Rowling.

div
but the point is really tht this guy has probably read other reviews or only just skim read the books..you cant read a harry potter book and say "ooh its a fraud , because its not about some normal boy, in a normal school ..the guy misses the bckround ...its different from any other book i've ever read ....the basis may be the same?? but all books are like tht ....they have theyr own categories thrillers horror fantasy etc but jk has made harry potter her own she has done something amazing so how someone can say that jk and harry potter is a fraud is beyond belief!!how many other books have any of you read tht is similar to harry potter?? its a new breed... its not the same story as other books its tottally different ...jk has surrounded harry potter with reality!! she makes it sound real an realistic and not just magic everwhere there are connections and although there are strange characters theres still a sense of reality within her books i argue the case that jk rowlings book is like any other she is an amazing author ,..if harry potter was a fraud other critics would have said also tht is merely the view of one!! which i dont think should be taken seriously because this guy/women obviously hasnt done his job well!!

div
sorry bout the lack of punctuation.went off in a rant
this guy/women annoys me soo much!!

babysooner13
That article is bull. Yes, it can make some really good points, but who ever wrote that article has really wasted their time. The book is named after Harry because it's showing life events of Harry Potter. Sure, it could've been named something else, but it's Harry's life. Points that he sees and he feels. Man, do you all agree with me or not?

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by nick1811
lol, that guy DOES realise that Harry Potter isnt real, doesnt he?

err...I just want to say this...HARRY POTTER IS REAL!!! I found that article highly amusing. Obviously that guy has no life but he has a point...there was a period where I didn't like Harry as a character because he was...well, he had everything minus he's parnets.

Lord Nauj
*snap,snap,snap*

MistressofSnape
blink

div
GRRRR---->i hate tht feckin critic.!!!!
The point which was pointed out by babysooner is tht its about events in harrys life , things harrys done, what harry is!!
its about him.... the critic would probs complain still if the title was "ronald weasley" filled with stories about harry...
the guy would say the opposite thing if tht was the case theres no win win answer from this guy/women ..

hes a dirty fecker!!heh heh!!
mad mad yes

danagrint
that article is so stupid

Saratn
ok, i use to hate Harry Potter, i read the first book and i had hated it. it was boring, a drag, who cares about some boy who lost his parents? who cares that he has the worse life in the world? i mean, that could be a whole book by itself without the magic and Voldemort in it.

Phoenix
I thought that was a pretty good article. it just depends on your personal views. I never really like the main characters of the stories, I prefer the secondary characters, because they are unrenowned heroes

Saratn
yea, that's true too.......like Professor Trelwany

danagrint
Originally posted by Phoenix
I thought that was a pretty good article. it just depends on your personal views. I never really like the main characters of the stories, I prefer the secondary characters, because they are unrenowned heroes

I liked how Neville, Gina, and Luna helped Harry

ILuvRUPERT1091
I've always hated Harry Potter not the books i loooovvve them it's just harry is such a whining mother f*cker. I really hate him. he can die. I love all the other characters though reading laughing laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing reading

balloon

MistressofSnape
Yeah me too. Harry kinda does grate the nerves once in awhile. It's like...STOP WHINING NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID PETTY PROBLEMS!

div
ehm petty problems??

LoL no parents no guardians

on the most wanted list??

Emma Hermine
Well Harry has been written like that he's a story nothing more...
The books are the story of a "special boy" and I think it's clear why it's "Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban" and not Hermione Granger. Of course, without Neville an Ginny an Luna it would be just a half story but Harry is the "hero"...

Ushgarak
See? Phoe and I agree...

(hugs her)

Phoenix
Originally posted by Ushgarak
See? Phoe and I agree...

(hugs her)

*huggles*

ILuvJoeyN'Kevin
wow i'm sooooo confoozled haha oh well. read the article, don't care much about it, still love HP and nothing will EVER make me say otherwise...unless they make a new book where he like turns into some freaky Michael Jackson type haha but even if that happened i would still love HP...i juss wouldn't really like J.K. Rolling that much anymore! haha

xoxo-mollz

lilmisskitten
Originally posted by ILuvRUPERT1091
I've always hated Harry Potter not the books i loooovvve them it's just harry is such a whining mother f*cker. I really hate him. he can die. I love all the other characters though reading laughing laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing reading

balloon

i agree, i like side characters, although, when you read the article for its time it makes sense....and i can see where he/she was coming from, it was there personal opinion on what they thought was happening you blame him/her for thinking what they thought erm

Take_Me_Away
The whole point of the Harry being chosen is that he is no different from the other students-he was simply marked as Voldy's equal. So he is not a fraud-just a normal boy made extraordinary by fate.

Take_Me_Away
And I love Harry. He's my favorite character.

Henrik1991
Harro :-S:-S.. the book is not about Harry Potter... it's just like reading Harry thoughts... nothing else... you gotta read the book through someone... okay what if the book was named Ron Weasley and the goblet of fire :-S... then i think Ron would be the Borind guy and Harry would be Funny.... JK just choiced to use Harry as the main char... simple as that....

Diamond~Kisses
you are all acting as if some really important reporter from The Sun (newspaper in England) has wrote it. You are having huge rants to yourselves and this is just going to end up in a fight.

Take_Me_Away
no, just stating opinions

Diamond~Kisses
Well, yes, but some people are taking it too far. *Sigh* I'm taking this too far stick out tongue

Take_Me_Away
evil face evil face hee hee

i see

noelluvspotter
You never insult Harry Potter that is one of the worst things you can do even though that may be true what the hell give me a break a least this shows how really schools are but with a twist they are all wizards. so when that critic gets the stick out of her or his but then let them write an article about Harry Potter. What does everyone have against Harry Potter any way does he really make people that jealous or what?

dansdaman
umm.....yes....but thats only because im marrying him....which reminds me...mrs.radcliffe...i think daniel's having an affair...no?

Enslaved
i read it and some parts i agreed. but ush says it the best.

Harry just wants to be a normal student.. But because of his past he cant..I think that harry shud lean on his friends more often and not try an be a hero on his own..

harrypotterluvr
omg how dum!! wat an idiot. any fool who reads the book would get why its named after harry potter!

The Phantom
Why did you bump this old thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.